Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,305 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:02 PM

Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion (261 Views)

As A Lady Do You Dress To Make These Little Ones Stumble? / Enslaved To The Desires Of The Flesh / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
The rest of Nigeria is enslaved to Islam or Christianity.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2023
Naijaboy18:

Religion has a little to play in nslavement rather POLITICS is the major problem.

For your information there is no tribe on this planet without their own religion before the Western World and Arabs began taking politics to them under the disguise of better religion, they forced their system of rule upon our people and the next is brainwashing as our people now feel these people are better humans than us because they introduced their own religion in written forms.

So the slavery began when the black man trade his ancestral policies and cultural values for what those people called knowledge of God whereas it's just another way of ruling over our people.
Leave all the religions in their respective positions and let us practice another policy where everyone from the president to the man sweeping the road as public servants earn the same amount and let's see the religion that will have any negative impact on our people! smiley
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Ohis1802: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
I guess they neglected the traditional religion for other religions, that's why they are enslaved to Islam and Christianity 🤷🤷
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by TheKingOfCrumb: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
Religion is a choice, but Africans most especially the blacks are just funny
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Naijaboy18:
You must be a clown, the whole of Nigeria is enslave by religion, including you unless u are an atheist.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by chatinent: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
This table you are shaking..
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

You must be a clown, the whole of Nigeria is enslave by religion, including you unless u are an atheist.

An atheist too is not exempted. He is enslaved to a religion. The religion of antiGodism is his religion. grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

An atheist too is not exempted. He is enslaved to a religion. The religion of antiGodism is his religion. grin
Lol, speaking jagun doesn't make you smart.
First of all think.
What makes a religion?
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

What makes a religion?

People having the same opinion on matters so that they will act the same way due to what they've concluded unanimously.
That's what makes a religion! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

People having the same opinion on matters so that they will act the same way due to what they've concluded unanimously.
That's what makes a religion! smiley
For real?
People having same opinion on a matter is religion.

So if me and you agree on a subject matter that means we are in the same religion.

Omo, this is quite embarrassing, I give up on you
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

Lol, speaking jagun doesn't make you smart.
First of all think.
What makes a religion?

I have done my thinking and research and all religions always contain key ingredients to wit-
Regularity in pursuit, devotion, fellowship and followership to any subject of interest whether football o, or music or Godism or antiGodism.

religion
/rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have done my thinking and research and all religions always contain key ingredients to wit-
Regularity in pursuit, devotion, fellowship and followership to any subject of interest whether football o, or music or Godism or antiGodism.

religion
/rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
Going by your explanation, where is the followership and fellowship in atheism.

Beside disbelief can not be a belief system.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

Going by your explanation, where is the followership and fellowship in atheism.

Beside disbelief can not be a belief system.

Fellowship: Ever seen an atheist vehemently attack and oppose his fellow atheists? Never!

Followership: All atheists say the very same thing, in the very same way and almost word for word even.

Thus, disbelief, is a belief system of, a belief in the refusal to believe in God.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Fellowship: Ever seen an atheist vehemently attack and oppose his fellow atheists? Never!

Followership: All atheists say the very same thing, in the very same way and almost word for word even.

Thus, disbelief, is a belief system of, a belief in the refusal to believe in God.

Ok, I have to stop here.
You are definitely projecting, and making ridiculous claims.
Can't be arguing with someone lying through their teeth.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

Ok, I have to stop here.
You are definitely projecting, and making ridiculous claims.
Can't be arguing with someone lying through their teeth.

There you are proving your religion of antiGodism in denying even very basic Truths that are even splattered all over nairand. And of course, falsely accusing opponents of lying is another weapon of choice of atheist when they are cornered and have nothing to say.

Who has ever seen an atheist attacking an atheist over any issue that is against the tenets of antiGodism?

There has never been one.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Indifferent12:

For real?
People having same opinion on a matter is religion. So if me and you agree on a subject matter that means we are in the same religion.
Omo, this is quite embarrassing, I give up on you
That's better! cheesy

Whatever makes you agree with another man and do things wholeheartedly when all others think differently is your own RELIGION! wink
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

There you are proving your religion of antiGodism in denying even very basic Truths that are even splattered all over nairand. And of course, falsely accusing opponents of lying is another weapon of choice of atheist when they are cornered and have nothing to say.

Who has ever seen an atheist attacking an atheist over any issue that is against the tenets of antiGodism?

There has never been one.
So atheist should start attacking each other for no reason, people having same opinion on a Matter does mean they are in a religious group.

There might be a subject matter both of us agree on, I won't attack or oppose you when you speak on such matter but that doesn't mean we are in the same religious group.

Like I earlier said, you should use your head and think, but u refuse.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Indifferent12: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's better! cheesy

Whatever makes you agree with another man and do things wholeheartedly when all others think differently is your own RELIGION! wink
Nope that's not the definition of religion.

religion
/rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods.

Religion has nothing to do with argument, agreement or disagreement. It has to do with believing in a god.
All religion believe and worship one or more god.

I chose to disbelief and worship any god.

As long as there's no believe and no worship then is not a religion.

It's not an issue of who attack who and who agree with who.
Re: Yorubas/edos Are The Only Ones In Nigeria Who Are Not Enslaved To Religion by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
Indifferent12:

So atheist should start attacking each other for no reason, people having same opinion on a Matter does mean they are in a religious group.

There might be a subject matter both of us agree on, I won't attack or oppose you when you speak on such matter but that doesn't mean we are in the same religious group.

Like I earlier said, you should use your head and think, but u refuse.

Have you ever seen people agree all the time in the normal world? Never.

The only people who agree all the time are those in a cult (atheists, Mohammed worshippers, jw, Catholics etc) or those who are brainwashed and have lost the right to think.

(1) (Reply)

Please Participate In This Religious Survey / Subscribe To My Channel And Get An Airtime From Me (Soul Lifting Videos) / Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.