Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,142 members, 7,890,851 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:57 PM

Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption (25657 Views)

EFCC Arrests 11 For Illegal Mining In Ilorin (Photo) / 'Black Arrow' Arrested With Loaded Pistol After Shooting At PDP Event. Photo / Man Escapes With Arrow In His Back After Attack By Fulani Men. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by NaijaCover(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
The Anambra State Women and Social Welfare Commissioner, Hon. Ify Obinabo has sealed off Arrow of God Community Children’s Home in Onitsha over allegations of illegal adoption and sales of children.

The orphanage was sealed off on Wednesday, August 16, 2023, after an investigative report by one investigative journalist Fisayo Soyombo, made rounds on social media and local television stations alleging that the state ministry of women and social welfare is involved in an illegal adoption of a baby girl alongside one of her registered homes in the state.

Reacting to the news, Hon Obinabo first invited the founder of the home Rev D. C Ogo to her office in Awka which she did not honor.

In the light of the above, the Women Affairs boss in collaboration with the security operatives stormed the orphanage home located at 33 Nkwelle and sealed the home.

Speaking immediately after sealing off the place, Hon Obinabo noted that the ministry is not aware of any adoption with the Arrow of God Orphanage home even as she explained that the adoption process never went through the ministry.

She went ahead to cite some of the irregularities of the said adoption to include absence of three signatories which must be hers, the Head of child and that of the Permanent Secretary of the ministry.

She also stated that since she assumed office, all application for court order of adoption or care goes through the designated Children, Sexual and Gender Based Violence Magistrate court in Awka as against the Nnewi court order presented in the documentary.

β€œThis is so because, the fundamental goal is to preserve the best interest of the child,” she added.

The Commissioner warned other children’s home operators involved in illegal adoption to desist forthwith or face the consequences stating that the state government is all out to clamp down on operators who don't follow the stipulated standardized operational practices and processes in the state.

She therefore charged intending adoptive parents to be careful as unsuspecting persons now parade themselves as ministry's consultants who helps in facilitating adoption reminding the general public that the state ministry of women and social welfare have not engaged the services of any consultant.

She used the opportunity to urge everyone to always report any suspicious activity found in any orphanage homes to the ministry even as she assured of making sure Rev DC Ogo is brought to book in no distant time.

20 children were rescued from the orphanage home, including a newborn while the founder and her staff are currently at large.

The children are within the ages of 1 year to 17 years and they are 10 boys, 9 girls and a newborn.

The children are currently in the care of the state government as necessary steps are underway to trace and reunite them with their different families.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/8/illegal-adoption-anambra-govt-seals-arrow-of-god-orphanage-home-as-founder-and-employees-flee-2.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by NaijaCover(m): 8:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Please What Can We Call This One, In Onitsha?

Don't Forget, Bring This News oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Alchemy528: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Okk
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
Baby factory region

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by TemplarLandry: 8:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
cool

3 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by NaijaCover(m): 8:24pm On Aug 16, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool

See More Photos @ www.. com

2 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by NaijaCover(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2023
See More Photos As Obtained By Below:

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by NaijaCover(m): 8:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
This Is The Latest Update From Onitsha

Boss Mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Administration1: 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2023
Seal am ooo

3 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Klington: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
angry
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Vladm(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
....investigative journalist had to expose this before yall appeared to do your jobs SMH.

SO how much una wan pay the journalist now...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Akfrenzy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
grin this one Anambra news is flying up and down on frontpage πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I hope another election is not around the corner oooo πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

Something that happened in NKWELLE EZU NANKA but someone hurriedly tagged ONITSHA to grab attention πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ™†

(Operatives stormed the orphanage home located at 33 Nkwelle and sealed the home.?)

Abeg make una no mention me ooo 😜 I'm not feeling well

#Kudos to our own HON IFY OBINABO

Woman that made me love listening to news during her days at ABS

20 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Usbiv(m): 9:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
angry
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by efeteb: 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
angry
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Vokallond1(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
This is serious

1 Like

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Cutod(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2023

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Yibo(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ibo Amaka

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by yeshuasfootstep(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hope the kids are well taken care of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by emekajacobogbon(m): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sorry to say this, an Anambra person puts money first before God, humanity, morality, religion, etc

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Segzy19: 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Baby factory!

10 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by kayuseful: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Now that is a Correct journalist doing his job for the sake of humanity
I didn't mention name of one Hungry king of obidients o

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by ImoleNaija: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Wicked people disguising as caregivers. angry

12 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by 89Elpazziano(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Good evening my fellow nairalanders and hope all is fine. Please house I’m in need of help. I have not been feeling strong for the past 2 weeks and things been tough for me to take care of my daughter. Please I seek your assistance house , I know things are tough right now but my sickness has got me not been able to work. Please help for me to get medications and also be there for my daughter. Thanks
1000018816. Ecobank.Micheal
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Sonnobax15(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by Mindlog: 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nigeria has a very weak system, when it comes to child protection.

The commissioner should go further by having documentaries that would be aired continually in Igbo language, English and Pidgin on the right way to go about registering an orphanage, staffing, safeguarding, health and safety, then the right process of adopting a child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by bablon20(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
Na dem!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by allanphash7(m): 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
Is it also happening there?

Just asking for a friend

2 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by raskymonojendor: 9:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
Lol

An advance baby factory.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by bhella10: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Baby farmers cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Arrow Of God Orphanage Home In Onitsha Sealed For Illegal Adoption by raskymonojendor: 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
emekajacobogbon:
Sorry to say this, an Anambra person puts money first before God, humanity, morality, religion, etc
Even my friend from Imo married to an Anambran lady jokes about this all the time when he wants to tease his wife grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Policemen Gun’s Down Tanker Driver For Giving Them N20 Instead Of N50 Bribe / Man Who Stole Eight Live Turkeys Arrested In Iju/Agege (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.