Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,171 members, 7,913,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:59 AM

Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (11264 Views)

Does God Reveal To People Who Their Intending Spouses Are..... / Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? / How Did God Reveal Himself to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by kaygirl(f): 6:37pm On Mar 04, 2006
I mean names and stuff. I am talking about prophecies from men of God telling you the name, profession of whom you would marry, etc. I mean it's really confusing.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by mace4all: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2006
yeah it happen, all you have to do is to pray heard,
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by akara(m): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2006
if a prophecy goes that deep then take it with a pinch of salt if u can run out fast enough, You need to go beyond 'men of God' to get that much detail. lipsrsealed
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by choiceA: 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2006
kaygirl,

God is not stereotyped; and sad to say, many times some people (MOGs - men of God) would wish to be His 'private confidant'. It is true, and I believe, that some people could meet their soulmates through such direct prophecies - describing most things from name, background, profession, character, to spiritual maturity, etc. But that is not the rule of thumb.

Abraham was called a friend of God in the Bible; but when he was seeking a bride for His son Isaac, the old man did not receive any direct prophecy about names or stuff. He simply sent his servant - and Rebekah became the wife of Isaac. (Gen.24:67).

Apostle Paul recommends that Chrsitians should seek believing spouses, but he did not make any recommendations as to 'how' to do this. He only said that such people are free to marry whomsoever they want to, as long as it is in the Lord. (see I Cor.7:39).

I once knew of someone who was being wooed by a guy. Granted, that gal's pretty. But seeing that he was losing grounds, he came up with the 'prophecy' formula: "You know, God revealed to me that you are the one. After fasting and praying for days, I saw your face three times in my dream." The sista in question smiled and reminded him that the Bible's rule of judging a 'prophecy' was that every word was to be established by the testimony of two or three people. Since he was just one in his prophecy, she would need time to confirm it for herself - and if God did not tel her so, he would be wasting his time. Today, she's happily married to someone else.  smiley
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by cabali(m): 9:35am On Mar 06, 2006
God can do anything, believe that!

but i will prefer u get it directly and not through some prophet cos we never can tell u know
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Grizzly(m): 10:54am On Mar 06, 2006
Pray real hard, fast, seek the face of God, leave the rest,,.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by tjwealthy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 06, 2006
to believe this is to believe that there is only 1 guy for a particular girl & vice versa.
i dont believe this. even if u heard categorically that u were supposed to marry a particulr person. that stliill doesnt guarantee that the relationship will work.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by tjwealthy(m): 3:05pm On Mar 06, 2006
besides, 'can' refers to ability. of course God can do anything but some things aren't his m.o.
he has given us guide lines, we follow them. only in special circumstances does he go out of pattern to do things & that is his sovereign will. it is not the product of any prayer or request. some of us r too lazy to follow the guidelines so we ask for 'special treatment' sad
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by wadner1: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2006
Yes, HE can cos with him all things are possible.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by IAH(f): 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2006
He can but he won't because I have eyes. tongue
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 4real(m): 5:12am On Mar 07, 2006
well there is nothing that God can't do, but he won't give you a wife, after he gave Adam a wife and she f- ed up, what did he say "the woman you gave me led me to dis" well since then God said "he that finds a good wife, has found a good thing and would obtain favor from God" nobody has he ever given a wife b/4 i had a brother who said it was not true and so he started praying and God showed him a girl, the problem was that God also showed like 19 other guys, and God is not the author of confussion, well he later agreed to what i said, and just followed God's advise on who the kind of woman who should marry and not who you should marry, so ladies if anyone has a vision or dream, tell him till God shows the same to you GET LOST
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by idiot(m): 8:10am On Mar 07, 2006
so, which one out of the hundreds or thousands of potential ppl you could end up with should God show you anyway?
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Grizzly(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2006
Actually God can reveal to you the exact person ur meant to marry. even if u havent seen him before. But u dont go into no prayer session wid the picture of whom u want to marry in your mind. just free ur mind. God will show u. wink
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by tipsy289(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2006
As in, why not.HE is the ultimate,if you ask HIM,HE will show you
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Ib(f): 12:11am On Mar 08, 2006
I wish God could, so i dont have to keep doing trial and error!!
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 4real(m): 2:10am On Mar 08, 2006
well God can but he won't, he has done it b/4 (adam and eve) and where did it land him (hot soup) and he won't do it again, well best of luck to you guys if you won't listen.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Reba(f): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2006
God can do any thing if u let him, Good luck kay gal and put all ur trust in him
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 4real(m): 8:00am On Mar 09, 2006
yea right, undecidedso that when things go wrong you can point fingers at him like Adam
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by babymine(f): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2006
He sure can but you have to hand over everything completely and absolutely to him. N you must BELIEVE!
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by idiot(m): 7:17pm On Mar 14, 2006
Of course, now hand over your life savings to me and I will invest and double it using my time proven methods!
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 4real(m): 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2006
yea right undecided
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by idiot(m): 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2006
whaaat?

If you believe with all your heart, it will come true.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 4real(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2006
yea right tongue
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by reniks(f): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2006
Can God reveal my spouse?Yes!He can do ANYTHING.Will he reveal my spouse?Well i wouldn't know cos i aint seen no revelations yet.It would actually be nice if he does,it will save a lot of stress.Infact am hoping he would.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Alexos(m): 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2006
DEFINITELY HE CAN :-) wink
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by pearl2(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18, 2006
Yes it's possible.
But obviously He works in different ways.Not everybody got his spouse the same way.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by idiot(m): 12:02am On Mar 19, 2006
yes its possible,

but God has only done this in very rare occassions
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by otokx(m): 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2006
i heard the last time God did that was in the days of Adam; giving the nigerian factor i'd warn you to be very careful.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by TYPOP(m): 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2006
That ends this thread.
He can but may not.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by alfredpoto: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2009
No,after d fall of adam he said he dat findth a wife findth a good tin
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by alfredpoto: 7:32am On Mar 30, 2009
after d fall of adam,no so he said he dat findth a wife findth a good thing
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Mowire: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2009
Yes after Adam God said he that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favour from God.
Part of the fruits of that favour is the divine guidance you receive from God in the choice of person to marry.

OK sis poster: If you look onto Him he will guide you, and even reveal your spouse to you. Mind you God never disappoints those who submit to His superior wisdom. Jehoshaphat could have sought for allies against his enemies.

Caution though. In this matter is best that you seek God yourself and not go to any man of God. You can easily be misled.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Occult Symbols And Images In Today's Churches / What Is Your Favourite Gospel Song? / 2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.