Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,448 members, 7,974,832 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (11293 Views)

Does God Reveal To People Who Their Intending Spouses Are..... / Did God Reveal Himself To Only The Jewish Race? / How Did God Reveal Himself to You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by OBVIOUS(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2009
No, God does not reveal your spouse to you. You attract who you are.

You might recieve confirmation towards someone but thats pretty much about it.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by alfredpoto: 3:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
D favour we obtain from God is dat after seein our spouse we pray to God for help not him showin us
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Mowire: 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2009
Though it may make us sound lazy at thinking and judging to some people, but it is better when the one who made you "presently" directs you on who he will rather have you marry (And the waiting, in fact, is the greater challenge: it's a tough task). At least if there arises any storm you can be sure that what you have is bread and stone, fish and not serpent and the storm will get over.

Of course its no sin to make your own choice, but I boldly insist that God reveals ones spouse (even unbelievers experience such divine guidance. They call it intuition).
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by alfredpoto: 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
Wen u ave seen ur spouse & u love ur spouse u pray 2 God 2 give u a sign then God can help u wit a sign like d story of isaac and rebecca not God showin u,u ave 2 search 4 urself
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Mowire: 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2009
alfredpoto:

Wen u ave seen ur spouse & u love ur spouse u pray 2 God 2 give u a sign

What kind of sign will you then be asking God for? You want Him to break your (loving) heart or what?!

alfredpoto:

then God can help u wit a sign like d story of isaac and rebecca not God showin u

Is that what you saw in the Bible? I fear you missed it there. The whole story of Isaac and Rebecca is in Gen. 24, read from verse 11 - 24. You will see how wrong you are.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by lucabrasi(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2009
no,GOD will not reveal a particular man to you,you are a child of GOD and you are entitled to exactly the kind of man you want,however you should pray concerning any man you meet and the lord will guide you into his real intentions plus your own common sense as well if im allowed to use that word i.e his mannerrisms,personality,little stuffs about him e.t.c
dont let any supposed man or woman or boy or girl of GOD deceive you into thinking you cant marry a particular person or u will marry a particular person,theres a bible verse to back up my asserion which i can dig up for you if u want
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 2dleft: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
i think God will guide you towards your choice. he will show you something remarkable to convince you that she is yours.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
According to the bible, NO.

This is what the bible has to say about marriage.

Prov 18:22

22 Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.
KJV

I hope this answers the question. God dont know nothing bout nobodys wife.
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:06am On Apr 04, 2009
2dleft:

i think God will guide you towards your choice. he will show you something remarkable to convince you that she is yours.

True!!!. . . . It requires a lot of Patience tho. . . .and u really have to be truly faithful as well!! wink
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by dayokanu(m): 3:11am On Apr 04, 2009
God revealed mine to me she posted just above me
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by tpia: 4:15am On Apr 04, 2009
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by ztyle(m): 4:30am On Apr 04, 2009
@ topic i no know oh@! embarassed
Re: Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? by 1Love1Way: 5:49am On Oct 12, 2009
As many have said, God can do ANYTHING He chooses to do! If that means revealing something as important as your spouse (whether by name or through specific details), there's a reason why He would allow that revelation. However, I say that with a VERY important disclaimer! You must, must, MUST fervently seek His face through prayer, reading His Word, fasting, & a pure heart searching after His perfect will. The more time we spend w/ the Lord, the more able we are to trust that we are hearing His voice. Whether that knowledge is brought to you directly or through someone else, never take it just at face value. It must be confirmed based on biblical criteria & accepted only after seeking the Lord. Marriage is such a huge thing, it cannot be taken lightly. Remember, the Lord knows your heart. His timing is perfect! Also, I found this great website today & I enjoyed it so much, I feel drawn to share it. It’s http://www.growthtrac.com/dating/.  Hopefully it’s helpful to someone out there!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / Did Mary Give Birth To Other Children Aside Jesus Christ? / Six Ways To Obtain Wisdom From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.