Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader (29305 Views)

Niger Coup Leader Okays Dialogue With ECOWAS / Terrifying Moment Russian Tank Crushed A Civilian Car In Ukraine (Video, Pics) / Burkina Faso Coup Leader Damiba Inaugurated As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Yoighaman(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2023
"Meanwhile, Radio France International reported that thousands of volunteers turned out in central Niamey on Saturday answering a call to register as civilian auxiliaries who could be mobilised to support the army."

Now these are the people that love their country and are ready for a change...not like some other people in a neighbouring country called....

1 Like

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Yoighaman(m): 11:10am On Aug 20, 2023
Cantonese:
Hopefully they should fix their country within the time frame.

The systematic bifurcation of our resources must come to an end. Every country involved in Africa plays their part in the destruction of African land and resources. That includes the Russians, Saudis, Iranians and especially the Chinese, who pretend to do well. Nigeria is the example of where the Chinese have turned the mining fields into their personal estates. They mine the gold, lithium, etc and make the people less human.

I sincerely hope that within the time frame appointed by the Nigerien military leader, the country would have been made much more better than it presently is. Hopefully income from their resources can be used to build better infrastructure and make life better for the citizens.

Niger is not the only landlocked country in the world. Europe has sixteen landlocked countries. Switzerland which is the most notable name has one of the best economies in the world. With only limestone, sand, clay, gravel and marble as their resources, water is used to fix their hydroelectric power. They have built several dams and taxation has added to made the country one of the most beautiful and sought after in the world. Look at Luxembourg. Look also at the Vatican.

That’s the same way Rawlings made Ghana what it has become today. He swept the political class aside and build the present Ghana appropriately. Nigerians go to Ghana and have some peace of mind. If the military is truly sincere and avoid corruption, they can build and hand over a better nation to a democratically election, corruption free leader.

Well said.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by TheBillyonaire: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2023
All wars in West Africa, and indeed the whole of Africa, should be fought to eliminate Colonialists and Imperialists interests.

The Military of African countries should ensure that Colonialists are driven out, and if coup is the only way, so be it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by justtoodark: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2023
thats fair enough....
this is good news....
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by geemd434: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
He's feeling the heat already
Asiwaju is truly a man, he's called Jagaban for a reason.

Jagaban is a tool... Na so dem take pack yorubas as s.l.aves comot from Nigeria.... When European were taking s.laves names like Tinubu was heavily involved
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by justtoodark: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2023
Againstallodds:
Dialogue is the answer. Talk to them more and they will probably reduce the time to about a year and six months.

civilian rulers fvck up too much abeg....

you have to always be ready to kick them back to their senses....

niger republic people did well....
enough is enough trying to be nice to evil peoples....
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Thegoodone13(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2023
lexy2014:

Are the people of Niger complaining?
neither me. I'm not against him but that is their normal language
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by JetApartment: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2023
Francisayo:
He dey play.... He will soon beg for mercy

IconicR:

This post is not for children or overgrown babies.

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by justtoodark: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2023
SalamRushdie:
These people don't know how play this game , they should have announced handover in 9 months , when they get there their electoral body will claim it's not ready and push for another 9 months extension

haha....they are new to this political games....
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by latonione: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2023
Military to write constitution that will put the country in self colonization of the country by the Army. Useless man
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Goodlady(f): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2023
Taylor90:

Werey🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tinubu supporter
Na your sisters at home be werey. One day I ll meet you in reality and slap your face.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Max24: 11:59am On Aug 20, 2023
Taylor90:
Good one

I support una

Let the military purge and reset the country first before handling over

That’s the kind of formatting we even need in Nigeria
Why did they now agree to meet Ecowas and Tinubu's agent, Abdulsami ? Didn't they turn him back before? If nah Obi they for make no commitment to handover. They conceded when they saw that Jagabans Ecowas force was ready to attack. Obi would have said Yes Daddy to them ! Lily -:livered man.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by ogbe88(m): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
Obi and Kanu was the reason why our unity can't work.

During endsars, all Nigeria protested, irrespective of tribe, then Kanu ordered his boys to burn down Lagos, their Target was now Tinubu's investments, this angered the Yorubas and the unity that we were building was defeated cos some elements mostly igbos decides to turn it on Lagos.

Prior to 2023 elections, the youths decided to do away with every old politician but these same people decided to build their tent around Obi.
When others criticize the choice of Obi, they get insulted and Tinubu had to use this chance to get Yoruba votes and everyone decides to support his own brother.

Tinubu was not the reason why we can't unite cos I knew Arrewa warned Tinubu and Atiku that they will not become leaders of Nigeria while Ohaneze wasn't interested in who becomes leaders as long as it's an igbo man.

Let's be truthful to ourselves abeg
Who is this lunatic.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Hellonearth: 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
Francisayo:

Chest beaters.

I have advised the North to attack SW if Tinubu go to war in Niger. Dont worries,we will soon find u inside that your Ogbomosho village
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Ategberoson(m): 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ogene001:

This Ebola people are the reason Nigeria can't unite against bad leaders for a better country

as you igbo unite to reelect ikpeazu despite his failure and uguwanyi and that fool that couldn't give Anambra what he promised them before jumping from party to another like forest monkeys

your fight against bad leaders is really glaring by supporting obi after cursing him for maladministration for 8yrs in Anambra

very unreasonable lots
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by JOemmy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
Taylor90:
Good one

I support una

Of course nigeria seriously needs complete restructuring.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
After that 3 years they will retire from army and they will contest for election. And they will win. That's how cruel West African coupist can be when they get first taste of power. cool

1 Like

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by WhereMyLoud: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
I wan call you mugu before bit i say make i no bother again
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by maticar: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
No more one week ultimatum

Do you know what ultimatum means sef?

Tinumbu your lord should have invaded na, what is he waiting for?
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Gmajor(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
Taylor90:
Good one

I support una

All these children that don't know that Nigeria has had several military coups.

Did all the coups that the Nigerian military do help?
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by AllenSpencer: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2023
Way to go!

Case closed!
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Horus(m): 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2023
Favorisieren:

Kindly educate yourself on world politics and diplomacy. Niger is under ECOWAS and they all have a common agreement. Tinubu as the head of ECOWAS can go to this war. He is not fighting on behalf of Nigeria, but ECOWAS. Mind you, they put this decision into a vote. Togo, Benin Republic, Ghana, Ivory Coast, etc are all among those who voted that a military intervention is the way forward if no resolution via dialogue is achieved.

As I expect, the junta leader is shifting ground. And ECOWAS won't stop with Niger. Listen...we are moving into Mali, Burkina Faso, and Guinea soon.

The military must get it into their brains that guns are meant to protect and not intimidate and rule. Period!

God bless!

You are the one that should get an education on world politics and diplomacy. Would you see European Union attacking one of his own member?. Invading one of his own member?. Cutting medical supply and electricity supply to one of his own member?
No!!, because they would have used only diplomacy. But Africans have determination only when they want to attack one of their own.
During the past 20 years, where was ECOWAS when the Jihadists massacred civilians in villages in Niger? (including women and children) Where was ECOWAS when they were crying for help?, sleeping? ECOWAS have determination only when they want to attack one of their own, because they are slaves to the West. Thomas Sankara took power by the gun and he is worshipped even today, not only in Africa but in the whole world. Ask yourself why? instead of being so insensitive to the plight of civilian populations
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Kingsley34: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Africa is only a battleground for the white to amplify their wealth and selfish desire.
Ecowas is only been used as a pawn in this scenario.
Like my mentor peter Gregory obi will always say "marginalization will always birth agitation from every dimension"
If the people support the coup then so be it.
What is democracy without the dividend of democracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGAS4LVW7g

1 Like

Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
Horus:

You are the one that should get an educate yourself on world politics and diplomacy. Would you see European Union attacking one of his own member?. Invading one of his own member?
The issue here is the military takeover. Tell me one EU nation with such experience. Name one.

If one nation tries it, NATO will move in sharply, especially if the nation is NATO.

We are talking about a military takeover.

I repeat, go and learn more about world politics, and know when negotiations and diplomacy don't work again.

The first military takeover, Abdulsalami Abubarkar went there. Nothing has been achieved to date. Another one happened, but nothing again. This started in 2020/21. In a space of 2 years, Mali Burkina Faso, Guinea ....and two other nations have done that.

In your mind, do you think negotiation will still work here? Dey play.

Bola Tinubu must go to that war because this is right in our backyard. And if we cannot do anything, the military will take over in Nigeria too.

Cutting medical supply and electricity supply to one of his own member?
No!!, because they would have used only diplomacy. But Africans have determination only when they want to attack one of their own.
What has such done to the military boys in the other nations ruled presently by the military? Listen, the military are zombies and they don't even understand the signals that their nation is in problems.

During the past 20 years, where was ECOWAS when the Jihadists massacred civilians in villages in Niger? (including women and children) Where was ECOWAS when they was crying for help?, sleeping? ECOWAS have determination only when they want to attack one of their own, because they are slaves to the West. Thomas Sankara took power by the gun and he is worshipped even today, not only in Africa but in the whole world. Ask yourself why? instead of being so insensitive to the plight of civilian populations
I am well aware of Sankara's exploit in Burkina Faso. And what helped him was that he was posted to Madagascar where he learned Agriculture and Rural development as a military man. My point is that the experience must be there to say one is fit to lead. Sankara mixed with geniuses in rural development and this is what was needed for Burkina Faso at the time he took over. This is The reason he was able to help the poor people there because he had a good working experience in this area.

From his first appointment, it can be seen clearly that Sankara was all out to uplift the poor. Just take a look at the cabinet of this man in Niger. Lol. Also, pick up history and research the people General Buhari picked when he was a military leader. Also, check the ones picked by Babangida and Abacha.

Concerning Jihadists there, do you think this general is after these people? Lol. Dey play. Nigeria has got its share of the problem too, and we are dealing with it. Terrorism is a general problem all over the world presently, but military takeover is something we must not allow.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Chiefpriestt: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
Francisayo:
Chest beater
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Chiefpriestt: 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
IconicR:
Nuisance your Tinubu failed to attack the Juntas since the expiration of the one week deadline he gave. How spineless he's just like his supporters
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Chiefpriestt: 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
muykem:
These fools didn't strike because of excess of former president but because they want rule the country.
Same way the urine dispensing machine in Aso rock rigged his way into power thinking that we Nigerians will let it slide..He's in for a rough long ride
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by phorget(m): 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wainey:
This is what I followed up.
You can have your own narrative and then we will come to a compromise that suits everyone, that is the essence of argument.

But as long as you try to give us Obi, we will greatly reject him cow you guys rejected h while he was a governor, so if it wasn't for just selfish interest, nobody will force us to vote Obi that Anambra called the worst governor.

Why didn't you sell us the likes of Dave Umahi who we all know is good?
you cannot sell us a man like obi, even in 2027, it won't work.

You claimed to follow up on disunity of Nigeria, you are so sure that Obi and Kanu were the reason for such disunity...
So before Obi and Kanu came into the picture was there any unity amongst the Nigerian tribes?

Like I said earlier, you will only make your own story base on the things you assume to know but unfortunately you know but a little.
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by phorget(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2023
Goodlady:

Na your sisters at home be werey. One day I ll meet you in reality and slap your face.

Goodlady wan turn Badlady...😎
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Chidex50(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
HorlaMystic:
Believe the military junta at your own peril. Do you know since when the Sudanese junta has been promising a new civilian-led transitional government
Shut up that gutter!
Re: We’ll Hand Over To A Civilian Govt Within 3 Years – Niger Coup Leader by Horus(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Favorisieren:

The issue here is the military takeover. Tell me one EU nation with such experience. Name one.

If one nation tries it, NATO will move in sharply, especially if the nation is NATO.

We are talking about a military takeover.

I repeat, go and learn more about world politics, and know when negotiations and diplomacy don't work again.

The first military takeover, Abdulsalami Abubarkar went there. Nothing has been achieved to date. Another one happened, but nothing again. This started in 2020/21. In a space of 2 years, Mali Burkina Faso, Guinea ....and two other nations have done that.

In your mind, do you think negotiation will still work here? Dey play.

Bola Tinubu must go to that war because this is right in our backyard. And if we cannot do anything, the military will take over in Nigeria too.

What has such done to the military boys in the other nations ruled presently by the military? Listen, the military are zombies and they don't even understand the signals that their nation is in problems.

I am well aware of Sankara's exploit in Burkina Faso. And what helped him was that he was posted to Madagascar where he learned Agriculture and Rural development as a military man. My point is that the experience must be there to say one is fit to lead. Sankara mixed with geniuses in rural development and this is what was needed for Burkina Faso at the time he took over. This is The reason he was able to help the poor people there because he had a good working experience in this area.

From his first appointment, it can be seen clearly that Sankara was all out to uplift the poor. Just take a look at the cabinet of this man in Niger. Lol. Also, pick up history and research the people General Buhari picked when he was a military leader. Also, check the ones picked by Babangida and Abacha.

Concerning Jihadists there, do you think this general is after these people? Lol. Dey play. Nigeria has got its share of the problem too, and we are dealing with it. Terrorism is a general problem all over the world presently, but military takeover is something we must not allow.

General De Gaulle from France had organized a coup d'état to took power.

At least you recognise Sankara as a good man.

It is too early to make hasty conclusions about the Military in Niger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mass Shooting At Prague University, Czech. 15 Killed, 24 Injured / US Detains Over 5,000 Ukrainians / Rishii Sunak Holds Press Conference In The Rain (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.