Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,226 members, 7,928,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage (30884 Views)

What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood? / Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / Need Your Advice On What To Do About My Late Sister Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Op stop lying. The two children are yours, you're their biology mother
So, what? lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by mayorphilz: 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
No if possible get a couple looking for children and give to and involve police or human rights to be involved in the documentation, I can help you with that
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by enemyofprogress: 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
So, what? lipsrsealed
you've been noticed. Next hediot please
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
mayorphilz:
No if possible get a couple looking for children and give to and involve police or human rights to be involved in the documentation, I can help you with that
Nigerians looking for children of their own are some of the most wicked in my opinion. That they refused to adopt before now means they are not open to accepting other people's kids as their own. undecided

How exactly do you intend to help with this documentation? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Rushna27(f): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
As nice as your intentions are towards those kids but sorry to say if they were yours biologically, will you do sameif you will then let your conscience take the proposed action!!!But I'm sure you won't cos a mother is willing to do any type of menial jobs so as to cater for her child.....Pls do unto them as you would for your biological child,not easy though but we all pay sacrifices for what we love...... Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by online4business: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Because I have been involved in many children' homes and orphanages, it was one of my motivation for my postgraduate specialty in clinical child psychology.

My work experience has made me know blood is not always blood.

But you and I know some kids feel unloved living in orphanage homes.

I had a friend way back Adesina (R.I.P) could never get over it contribute to his early demise.

Like Darwin the jungle is not for the weak sha.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rushna27:
As nice as your intentions are towards those kids but sorry to say if they were yours biologically, will you do sameif you will then let your conscience take the proposed action!!!But I'm sure you won't cos a mother is willing to do any type of menial jobs so as to cater for her child.....Pls do unto them as you would for your biological child,not easy though but we all pay sacrifices for what we love...... Shalom!!
Why do you people refuse to reason? She is about to be homeless herself. She has not been gainfully employed for a while.
● Are you saying she should have the kids homeless and out of school?
● Would you have the kids walking the streets with no place to go and knowing not where their next meal will come from? undecided

Is that the kind of life you think the kids deserve or something? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2023
online4business:
■ But you and I know some kids feel unloved living in orphanage homes. I had a friend way back Adesina (R.I.P) could never get over it contribute to his early demise. Like Darwin the jungle is not for the weak sha.
Would your friend have been better off if he had been abandoned on the streets somewhere and left to fend for himself instead? An Orphanage is not the ultimate solution for a child but it is better than that child having to roam the streets alone, yes or no? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Rushna27(f): 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Why do you people refuse to reason? She is about to be homeless herself. She has not been gainfully employed for a while.
● Are you saying she should have the kids homeless and out of school?
● Would you have the kids walking the streets with no place to go and knowing not where their next meal will come from? undecided

Is that the kind of life you think the kids deserve or something? undecided
No one wished them such life but no vex ooo where would she be when she becomes homeless?? Different people with different mentality....... I only wished her to hustle for a better job she never can tell which child has the luck attached to destiny.......
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Mom007(f): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive is not right. You're thinking if the costs of the parenting. What about the returns when they mature.

Your love and loyalty is ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not loosing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they are your kids would you do the same thing.
What is this one saying?
I didn't read where you offered her a job or a means of taking care of the kids or even an accommodation for them all but you know how to spew venom in the name of God.. which god exactly are you speaking for sef? Pstcheew
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Rushna27:
■ No one wished them such life but no vex ooo where would she be when she becomes homeless?? ■ Different people with different mentality....... I only wished her to hustle for a better job
■ she never can tell which child has the luck attached to destiny.......
She would probably be roaming the streets day and night, looking for a place to sit, where to find food, where to sleep safely. She might end up walking many hours to find a place safe enough to lay her head down at the end of each day, a place far from the many predators out there. Is that really what you want those kids to have to experience as well? undecided

2. Wish her to hustle for a better job how? She is about to be homeless. Are you going to give her a better job now, or do you think better jobs show up magically all of the time to save the day or something? She is about to lose her apartment because that better job has yet to show up, yet you are here telling her not to put the kids in an orphanage, at least until that better job finally shows up. Why? undecided

3. A child has luck attached? Are you being serious now? Luck didn't keep the child's father from abandoning it, and it certainly couldn't keep the mother from dying but you think luck will magically manifest a job for the woman who is about to lose her apartment and so she should not do the reasonable thing but wait for this magic to take place? shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Mom007:

What is this one saying?
I didn't read where you offered her a job or a means of taking care of the kids or even an accommodation for them all but you know how to spew venom in the name of God.. which god exactly are you speaking for sef? Pstcheew

I can even train all four without knowing her. I stand on my point that she needs a shift from seeing them as my sister's kids to my own children. Her love is flawed.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Your head and motive is not right. You're thinking if the costs of the parenting. What about the returns when they mature.

Your love and loyalty is ingenuine. The kids are not your sister's kids but yours. You're not doing right honestly. You're thinking about what it would cost you not the blessings it can come along with or that they have no one, you're only thinking of not loosing pennies. May God forgive you. By your mentality you have failed Heaven

If places were switched or if they are your kids would you do the same thing.

Most people don't just like responsibilities... Thats why you hear them sometimes say they are searching for a working class woman, a host they will feed on. He is looking at them now like liabilities but if was landed property now, he won't think of handing it over to the government @ 8 and 5yrs boys are grown ups already. Set up small kiosk in front your house and engage them. They may get favors and return to school
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by online4business: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Would your friend have been better off if he had been abandoned on the streets somewhere and left to fend for himself instead? An Orphanage is not the ultimate solution for a child but it is better than that child having to roam the streets alone, yes or no? undecided
No be me be God oluwanishola.
Many people have succeed despite living in orphanage while others never get over it.

Many people come from the street and are still successful.

If you want success you will succeed but if you want excuses you'll have a million of excuse.

But here's what you should know.

You can't make excuses and make money.

Any man or woman getting the bag has zero excuses.

If someone wants control of their lives they have to accept responsibility.

My life equation

Control=Responsibility
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod

Engage them, don't run away from responsibility, that's why we are men.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Wodu89: 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:

Most people don't just like responsibilities... Thats why you hear them sometimes say they are searching for a working class woman, a host they will feed on. He is looking at them now like liabilities but if was landed property now, he won't think of handing it over to the government @ 8 and 5yrs boys are grown ups already. Set up small kiosk in front your house and engage them. They may get favors and return to school

God bless you abundantly. Everyone hates responsibilities. People only want to be lazy and hopeful. Whereas when God wants to Bless, He always setsup what looks like work to see if the attendant would do the necessary work as in this case. Ordinary 20-40k she can setup some sales point in front o her house. The angels if the kids and the spirit of the late mother will bring patronage, step by step and before she knows it God brings abundance. People don't get to the bus stop called Abundance because they don't even get on the bus stop called responsiveness and taking up the cross to do the hardwork
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
online4business:
■ No be me be God oluwanishola.
■ Many people have succeed despite living in orphanage while others never get over it.Many people come from the street and are still successful. If you want success you will succeed but if you want excuses you'll have a million of excuse.But here's what you should know. You can't make excuses and make money. Any man or woman getting the bag has zero excuses. If someone wants control of their lives they have to accept responsibility. My life equationControl=Responsibility
Leave God and His mention out of these things as God is not the reason why he was born— his parents were—, and God is not the reason why his parents did not make plans to ensure he would not end up in an orphanage — his parents are also to blame for that. undecided

2. Success is not as easy as you think or imagine. Also, we each have our individual ideas of what success should mean. Your friend obviously didn't feel successful since he was never able to overcome the trauma of his childhood, according to you. It is true that Nigeria hasn't even begun as far as a social welfare system to help cater to the many children out there — there are millions of homeless children in Nigeria roaming the streets every day and night. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:
■ Most people don't just like responsibilities... Thats why you hear them sometimes say they are searching for a working class woman, a host they will feed on. He is looking at them now like liabilities but if was landed property now, he won't think of handing it over to the government @ 8 and 5yrs boys are grown ups already. Set up small kiosk in front your house and engage them. They may get favors and return to school
Intersting. OP is about to lose her apartment and complains she is having a hard time feeding herself as it is. Yet you expect her to magically come up with seed money to set up a small kiosk in front of the apartment to have these kids fend for themselves? Are the kids also going to feed OP and pay her rent from all that magic money you envision they will get from this kiosk? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by sulaak(m): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
I need your say on this please

They are now your children, love them and take care of them as your children
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by shoboy9: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Have you tried gofundme? Reach out as widely as possible and forget pride. Ask for advice. Some will mock. Leave Mata and face survival mode.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Rushna27(f): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
She would probably be roaming the streets day and night, looking for a place to sit, where to find food, where to sleep safely. She might end up walking many hours to find a place safe enough to lay her head down at the end of each day, a place far from the many predators out there. Is that really what you want those kids to have to experience as well? undecided

2. Wish her to hustle for a better job how? She is about to be homeless. Are you going to give her a better job now, or do you think better jobs show up magically all of the time to save the day or something? She is about to lose her apartment because that better job has yet to show up, yet you are here telling her not to put the kids in an orphanage, at least until that better job finally shows up. Why? undecided

3. A child has luck attached? Are you being serious now? Luck didn't keep the child's father from abandoning it, and it certainly couldn't keep the mother from dying but you think luck will magically manifest a job for the woman who is about to lose her apartment and so she should not do the reasonable thing but wait for this magic to take place? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Free to your opinion..,. Individual differences..... Enjoy whatever notion you have..,I'm only expressing mine....Shikena...come join drink fanta and be on colos too
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by GboyegaD(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
temiflex01:

Definitely you don't know what orphanage home is all about. When you gets there, read the documents you're signing, then you understand better. undecided undecided

And who told you there can't be discussions surrounding the kids he is bringing there? There is always room for negotiations.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Versal: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2023
Children belong to the man.
This is Africa.

You people will be doing nonsense
and be saying the children do not belong
to the man because he didnt pay bride price.
Your ego will destroy those children.
And trust me, they will come after you.

Carry those children asap and send them to
their father. osiso.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by mukthar2000(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
OP Even anybody want to help those kids instead of taking them to orphanage home, ur story hasn't clear and complicated .your story might scare helpers away.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Intersting. OP is about to lose her apartment and complains she is having a hard time feeding herself as it is. Yet you expect her to magically come up with seed money to set up a small kiosk in front of the apartment to have these kids fend for themselves? Are the kids also going to feed OP and pay her rent from all that magic money you envision they will get from this kiosk? undecided

Yes accommodation is the biggest problem here not feeding.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
mukthar2000:
OP Even anybody want to help those kids instead of taking them to orphanage home, ur story hasn't clear and complicated .your story might scare helpers away.
I am just curious, what help do you think people have suggested? undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:
■ Yes accommodation is the biggest problem here not feeding.
I am sorry, what? OP is struggling to feed herself as is. So how did you arrive at accommodation being the bigger of the two problems? undecided

By the way, what I asked if how you expect OP in her current situation to magically accomplish any of what you wish to have her and the kids do. undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by chidiwar(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Loveabove:
Please I need you people's advice and I want to be as brief and straight to the point.

My sister gave birth to 2 children under circumstances I'm not to explain here. She took ill and passed away last month.

Since we were just two of us, (our parents are late) the responsibility of taking care of this little kids of 8 and 5 has fallen on me.

God knows I love these kids and would take them as my own but I don't have a job and struggling seriously to survive. It's killing since they became my full responsibility. I was thinking any of the extended family member or a good person would come up to take them.

House rent has expired and problems everywhere.

Since no where else to take them to, I'm considering taking them to the orphanage. It's not my fault please. If I have the means, i would keep them and take very good care of them as they are very dear to me.

Like i said, i love this two boys and would take them as mine, providing for them now as it should, is the challenge.

Their presence is even affecting the small thing I am doing, especially by way of paying attention to them.

Please advise me on what to do.

Edited: File Photo by nlf.pmod

This story of ur life is too tailored...
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by occfx: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I am sorry, what? OP is struggling to feed herself as is. So how did you arrive at accommodation being the bigger of the two problems? undecided

By the way, what I asked if how you expect OP in her current situation to magically accomplish any of what you wish to have her and the kids do. undecided

Life is full of challenges... If he cannot figure out how to feed himself at this young age I wonder when he will do that. The same person probably has a girl friend somewhere. Assuming he has accommodation, the 8yr old can serve as "maid" to the younger one while he go out and hustle. Children easily grow tough skin in this kind of situation. I am worried because, orphanages in Nigeria looks like Nigerian prison and those people make money by giving out children. If you restrict them from giving out these one's, they expect you to be bringing food ones in a while otherwise, who knows what will be there fate. If op wife dies God forbid, he won't take his children to the Nigerian orphanages. I even suggest he gives them out as a maid to some rich people in the village or town so that, they will be taken care of partially.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:
■ Life is full of challenges... If he cannot figure out how to feed himself at this young age I wonder when he will do that. The same person probably has a girl friend somewhere.
■ Assuming he has accommodation, the 8yr old can serve as "maid" to the younger one while he go out and hustle. Children easily grow tough skin in this kind of situation.
■ I am worried because, o[b]rphanages in Nigeria looks like Nigerian prison and those people make money by giving out children.[/b] If you restrict them from giving out these one's, they expect you to be bringing food ones in a while otherwise, who knows what will be there fate. If op wife dies God forbid, he won't take his children to the Nigerian orphanages. I even suggest he gives them out as a maid to some rich people in the village or town so that, they will be taken care of partially.
What is with the storytelling for heaven's sake? undecided

2. You actually think it is better for the 8-year-old to serve as a maid in someone's house rather than being in an orphanage and likely still in school? shocked shocked shocked

3. How many orphanages do you know that do that? Bring names make we report them abeg! undecided
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by mukthar2000(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I am just curious, what help do you think people have suggested? undecided
don't walk faster than ur shadow, just keep calm and watch Almighty God we send helper vie this NL, but complete story matter most for clearance propose.
Re: I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage by Kobojunkiee: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
mukthar2000:
don't walk faster than ur shadow, just keep calm and watch Almighty God we send helper vie this NL, but complete story matter most for clearance propose.
Leave God and His mention alone abeg! Do you know how many Nigerians die each year waiting for imaginary helpers? Many of them warmed seats for years inside una churches and mosques... yet their ends were worse than that of flies, as they waited in vain for imaginary helpers. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do? / Lady Rocks Her Bare Baby Bump, Poses With Shirts & Shoes For Her Unborn Child / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.