Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,349 members, 7,881,289 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:56 PM

You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful (320 Views)

Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by paxonel(m): 6:08am On Aug 23, 2023
So, I came across this recent post now trending on front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/7813113/god-build-nigeria-through-president

And the article behind the thread dated August 22, 2023.

And i saw previous prophecies made by the said pastor in previous times, just like this one he made yesterday and i began to wonder grin

But please, let's not make this tribalistic.
Afterall, there are fake prophecies by pastors who are igbos Hausas and other tribes too, it is not excluded to the yorubas.
So my question is, why are pastors (by extension Imams and babalawos) generally fund of giving false hope to Nigerians,is it that Nigerians are not intelligent people ?
This happens in church,in mosques, in shrines, and now in public political spaces, public health situations like Ebola outbreak, covid-19 lockdown, and even economic melt down.

Don't get me wrong!
I am going through problems too
I want to be hopeful too. grin
But i think misinforming the church, the mosque and the general public is not the best way to get people become hopeful with their current situations.

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2023
If we tell you to keep praying for God's kingdom just as Jesus commanded us you people will say:
"Jehovah's Witnesses are devils, they don't want good things"

Continue following your prophets nah at least they're wishing you well even though it's all lies! smiley
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by paxonel(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
If we tell you to keep praying for God's kingdom just as Jesus commanded us you people will say:
"Jehovah's Witnesses are devils, they don't want good things"

Continue following your prophets nah at least they're wishing you well even though it's all lies! smiley
it's even a worst deception than what these pastors are doing to tell people to start praying for God's kingdom.
Jesus says my kingdom is not of this world, the earlier you are interested in who governs you, the better for you.

So, you see
Jehovah witnesses are still the worst devil

2 Likes

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2023
I think it's all point of views.
I believe that no leader climbs that seat except it's God's Will.

You won't know how good Buhari performed until God shows you how much worse it would have been if Atiku had won.
You won't know how good Tinubu is performing until God shows you how much worse (physically or spiritually) Nigeria would have been if Obi or Atiku won.

Remember Caiaphas threatening Jesus that Jesus should speak something reasonable to him, since he (Caiaphas) had the power to free Jesus or not. Jesus quickly pointed out to him that the only power he (Caiaphas) had was the power He had been given from Heaven — Heaven appointed him king so that he would make the crucifixion of Jesus possible!
Remember Nebuchadnezzar when he took captive God's people, when he attempted to wallow in pride, God turned him to an animal to confirm that the power to capture God's people was actually given to him by God Himself.
(PS: God had already prophesied that He will allow his people to be ruled by a foreign king because of their sin).

So my point: From God's POV, the leader is in perfect unison with the plan. It's only expected that men should always complain about the bads and never acknowledge the goods.

Like that young man said above, we should be more interested in living a good life so we can make it into a better Kingdom and “Rule and Reign with Christ”...

And yes, most of the people making false declarations are FALSE PROPHETS too.

1 Like

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by paxonel(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:
I think it's all point of views.
I believe that no leader climbs that seat except it's God's Will.

You won't know how good Buhari performed until God shows you how much worse it would have been if Atiku had won.
You won't know how good Tinubu is performing until God shows you how much worse (physically or spiritually) Nigeria would have been if Obi or Atiku won.

Remember Caiaphas threatening Jesus that Jesus should speak something reasonable to him, since he (Caiaphas) had the power to free Jesus or not. Jesus quickly pointed out to him that the only power he (Caiaphas) had was the power He had been given from Heaven — Heaven appointed him king so that he would make the crucifixion of Jesus possible!
Remember Nebuchadnezzar when he took captive God's people, when he attempted to wallow in pride, God turned him to an animal to confirm that the power to capture God's people was actually given to him by God Himself.
(PS: God had already prophesied that He will allow his people to be ruled by a foreign king because of their sin).

So my point: From God's POV, the leader is in perfect unison with the plan. It's only expected that men should always complain about the bads and never acknowledge the goods.

Like that young man said above, we should be more interested in living a good life so we can make it into a better Kingdom and “Rule and Reign with Christ”...

And yes, most of the people making false declarations are FALSE PROPHETS too.
perfect post!

In orderwords, if the people chooses a bad ruler to rule them it is still God that ordained it?

Is that why the pastor assured Nigerians in 2016 that buhari was going to perform ?

2 Likes

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by FRANCISTOWN: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2023
paxonel:
So, I came across this recent post now trending on front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/7813113/god-build-nigeria-through-president

And the article behind the thread dated August 22, 2023.

And i saw previous prophecies made by the said pastor in previous times, just like this one he made yesterday and i began to wonder grin

But please, let's not make this tribalistic.
Afterall, there are fake prophecies by pastors who are igbos Hausas and other tribes too, it is not excluded to the yorubas.
So my question is, why are pastors (by extension Imams and babalawos) generally fund of giving false hope to Nigerians,is it that Nigerians are not intelligent people ?
This happens in church,in mosques, in shrines, and now in public political spaces, public health situations like Ebola outbreak, covid-19 lockdown, and even economic melt down.

Don't get me wrong!
I am going through problems too
I want to be hopeful too. grin
But i think misinforming the church, the mosque and the general public is not the best way to get people become hopeful with their current situations.

Confusions in the body of Christ. I thought Rev. Chris and several other pastors said the holy spirit told them that Tinubu is a "Jackal", someone with an evil spirit.

Now Past. Kumuyi said entirely otherwise.🤣🤣🤣.

Does their God enjoy confusing them or they are not hearing from any God at all?🤣🤣🤣

Christianity and foolishness,5&6

2 Likes

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2023
paxonel:

Jesus says my kingdom is not of this world
So pray for this kingdom of God that's not of this world (human being) to come from heaven and establish righteous rule on the earth! Matthew 6:10
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2023
paxonel:

perfect post!

In orderwords, if the people chooses a bad ruler to rule them it is still God that ordained it?

Yh, I think so very much (even though I'm a bit skeptic myself, I can't help but believe the Bible).
I'm hoping you're a Christian, so at least I know I'm not giving out scriptures to someone who just wants to mess with knowledge (lol)

But let me be serious. Remember Saul, first King of Israel? God had been working through Judges (from Moses) but the people of Israel were envious of other nations that had a 'king' so they cried to God for a king... God asked them to choose, they chose Saul, God anointed Saul... Only for Saul to later deal with them harshly.
God later pointed out to them, 'Shebi you asked for a king, I let you choose a king and I anointed him for you guys'.
The point is that God's masterplan is very different from our assumptions (wealth and prosperity and constant happiness and the likes).
God's Masterplan also involves punishment for sin, and He can assign a leader who will punish His children.
Even then, the fire that we seem to be passing through, ask the gold, it will tell you that the fire was only refining it, ask the chaff, it will tell you that the fire burnt him off.
Which one are you, gold or chaff?
Someone will say, “Nigerians are the most resilient people.” Forgetting that we learnt through fire.
I wonder how life would have been if we were a First World Country, we would now be facing widely spread and approved LGBTQIA+ stuff, and other things that tend to damage the Temple of God in us?

Is that why the pastor assured Nigerians in 2016 that buhari was going to perform ?

I'm not to answer for any pastor oo, especially those that I don't know. Around 2016, I wasn't into politics and Christianity that much...
You should probably ask God.

But let's think about this: If God says Buhari will perform, if God says Nigeria will rise and be great, what would you think that God means by that?
Check references in the Bible where God said that people will be great.

PS: I believe Buhari did many good stuff, as I said, good news can never trend well.
Remember when former PDP governors had a clash... That was when one man finally revealed that this Buhari had given a very huge sum of money to certain states...
These kind of good news never make it to the Newspapers on a good day!
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

Only for Saul to later deal with them harshly.
God later pointed out to them, 'Shebi you asked for a king, I let you choose a king and I anointed him for you guys'.
Which verse in the tanakh did saul deal with his own people ?
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Maynman:

Hey what's up? Long time no see.

preciousee17:

I'm hoping you're a Christian, so at least I know I'm not giving out scriptures to someone who just wants to mess with knowledge (lol)

You see, I had a reason for writing this, I'd probably search and show you, just that I only have a Bible, not a tanakh whatsoever wink
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 12:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

I'd probably search and show you
Alright, to remind you again, "Which verse in the tanakh did saul deal with his own people?"

Tanakh simply means hebrew bible, christians call it old testament.
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
Maynman:

Alright, to remind you again, "Which verse in the tanakh did saul deal with his own people?"

You lots love cutting people's quotes 😂

Maynman:

Hey what's up? Long time no see.

preciousee17:

You see, I had a reason for writing this, I'd probably search and show you, just that I only have a Bible, not a tanakh whatsoever wink
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

I probably search and show you, just that I only have a Bible, not a tanakh whatsoever wink

Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Maynman:

So it's easy for you to say tanakh so you sound a bit more intelligent?
Why didn't you say Bible all along?
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

So it's easy for you to say tanakh so you sound a bit more intelligent?
Why didn't you say Bible all along?
Bible means collection of books, this are basic stuff, your limited understanding is not my fault.

Stop lying to defend tyrannical rule. Mention the verse since you've gone empty.
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
Maynman:

Bible means collection of books, this are basic stuff, your limited understanding is not my fault.

Stop lying to defend tyrannical rule. Mention the verse since you've gone empty.

So you preferred to say tanakh so you could sound so intelligent?
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

So you preferred to say tanakh so you could sound so intelligent?
Didn't know you are easily impressed with basic things like a layman, or laywoman this time around.
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Maynman:

Didn't know you are easily impressed with basic things like a layman, or laywoman this time around.

Coming from the person who says that Google is not a website. SMH!
Complex knowledge impresses you so much that you fail to read 1 Samuel and see what I said.
No wonder you quote Google so much, the things those articles convey, sound so complex in your head that you just can't resist it.
Probably for you, Complexity = Wisdom.
Re: You Know, Pastors Are Trying To Make Nigerians Hopeful by Maynman: 2:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
preciousee17:

Coming from the person who says that Google is not a website. SMH!
Complex knowledge impresses you so much that you fail to read 1 Samuel and see what I said.
No wonder you quote Google so much, the things those articles convey, sound so complex in your head that you just can't resist it.
Probably for you, Complexity = Wisdom.
Google is a search engine, nairaland is a website.
You don't get informations from "google".
I can use other search engines and still get the same information.

No where in samuel 1 does it mention saul treating his people harshly and not to forget it was samuel that chose saul for them.
Which verse did saul deal with isrealites?
Also which verse were isrealites complaining of saul harsh rule?

(1) (Reply)

Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? / A Quote I Found On The Eckankar Website / The Hairstyle That Pleases God As A Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.