Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,249 members, 7,934,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 05:42 PM

Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? (27575 Views)

Memes Every Pregnant Woman Can Relate With / Hilarious Memes Medical Professionals Can Relate To (Photos) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by AfonjaConehead: 7:26am On Sep 02, 2023
" I start sweating n blood starts coming out of my nose ,there's somebody watching the aik,buh I dunno who he is,so I'm watching my back,I can see him when I'm deep in my covers,but when I'm awake,I don't see the modafucK"....

Op hope your mind ain't playing tricks on ya? undecided
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by WesternPanzer: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2023
pocohantas:
The first one is quite common. At least to me. It is worse if I have to deal with AC mixed with fuel smell or those terrible air freshners. Many times I have pleaded with Uber drivers to put off the AC and take the glasses down lest I vomit my intestines. Strangely it doesn't happen when I am driving. Only when I am a passenger. There is a drug that was recommended for me, but I can't remember the name now.

What works for me is not to take any meal before a road trip. I don't eat in transit too. I will take water only.

I dread long road trips.

Madam high class!

We don hear say you take Uber.

We also don hear say you dey drive.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by domkinutfab: 7:32am On Sep 02, 2023
Many people experience motion sickness. It's just that it varies in degree and severity from persons to persons.
For me, it's always severe when I m travelling mid day (when the sun is out). It usually comes with headache and dizziness. The only remedy I have adopted is to just to close my eyes and place my fore head on the car's front seat. Then, I will force myself to nap. I don't press phone or read books while travelling as that might trigger and aggravate the feelings.

Some commercial drivers suggested that I should swallow few drops of petrol before travelling. It is weird. What if I explode?

For the fabrication of any machine, call us on 08038634118 or visit our page http://www.instagram.com/domkinutfabrications/

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by pak: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2023
Samantha124:
1. Car sickness... If I'm traveling long distances, especially in the morning, I get sick... I start sweating, having short breath, getting nauseous and eventually throwing up... Same thing happens when I perceive the smell of cigarettes/weed.

Last time I threw up due to traveling long distances was this past Saturday, I had no choice because some things just had to be done in the morning, especially on weekends... As I was driving, I felt my condition getting worse but I had to keep driving because already I was running late... It was only when I felt that I couldn't keep up anymore that I parked on the roadside and threw up... I stayed outside the car for a while for some fresh air.

When I reached my destination, I started feeling better and the nausea started to suppress, only for this old man who smelled a cigarette/weed to come my way, I tolerated the smell hoping that he'll leave, but he just kept talking non-stop... The smell triggered the nausea again and before I knew it, I threw up for the second time... But fortunately, I had a sickness bag inside my hand bag because I always prepare myself for such situations whenever I'm traveling long distances.

It's like it runs within the family because I'm told that my maternal grandmother used to have the same condition, my aunt and sister are also experiencing the same thing... We have car sickness.

2. Nosebleeding... Like car sickness, this is something I've struggled with since I was a child... I could be playing, eating, sleeping, or just sitting back and doing nothing and my nose would just start bleeding... It used to be more frequent when I was a child, but as I got older it decreased to a point that I can now go a very long time without nose bleeding... But now some of my sisters' kids are experiencing the same problem.

Just last night I was talking to my 8 years old nephew over a video call when I noticed something coming out of his nose and it was blood... The boy wasn't even sick.

I've never met anyone outside of my family who can relate to having these two conditions... So I'm just curious to know if there's anyone who can relate in here.

Hi, Samantha, I can relate with number 1 - everybody in my family aside my dad and one of my siblings suffer from it. Let me make some interesting points about it (It's affected us so long that I have researched about it cheesy)

1. Formally, it is usually referred to as "motion sickness"

2. You won't believe it - it is usually caused by less than perfect hearing - the issue starts in your inner ear (crazy, I know)

3. one solution (if you are travelling with trusted companions) is not to sleep the night before the long trip. You'll doze off once the car moves and probably wake up when close to destination. Infact, the defense I have built for the condition is, once I am inside a car and not driving, I fall asleep almost immediately

4. If forced to stay awake, Use a lot of mint, strong mint. Infact my strongest concoction is putting freegel (extra strong mint ) in bitter lemon

5. This goes without saying, no matter how hungry, do not eat shortly before or during a trip. Motion sickness is known to sometimes trigger diarrhea. Always empty your bowels, if you need to, before a trip.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by pak: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2023
domkinutfab:
Many people experience motion sickness. It's just that it varies in degree and severity from persons to persons.
For me, it's always severe when I m travelling mid day (when the sun is out). It usually comes with headache and dizziness. The only remedy I have adopted is to just to close my eyes and place my fore head on the car's front seat. Then, I will force myself to nap. I don't press phone or read books while travelling as that might trigger and aggravate the feelings.

Some commercial drivers suggested that I should swallow few drops of petrol before travelling. It is weird. What if I explode?

For the fabrication of any machine, call us on 08038634118 or visit our page http://www.instagram.com/domkinutfabrications/

Kindred spirit
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by pocohantas(f): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2023
ImoleNaija:
I do not suffer from any of the two. I can't be sure of airsickness though coz I haven't had air trip.

Eiyah, sorry.

Me I no mind taking any meal, even swallow, before going on a trip o, except in case of frequent bowel movement.

You may or may not have that, but some people do react to take offs. Thanks

ksmart027:

The drug is avomine.

Thanks for the reminder. It has been a long time I had to take it.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 02, 2023
I don't understand.
post=125519605:

How Body Na?
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 02, 2023
Thank you.
pak:

Hi, Samantha, I can relate with number 1 - everybody in my family aside my dad and one of my siblings suffer from it. Let me make some interesting points about it (It's affected us so long that I have researched about it cheesy)

1. Formally, it is usually referred to as "motion sickness"

2. You won't believe it - it is usually caused by less than perfect hearing - the issue starts in your inner ear (crazy, I know)

3. one solution (if you are travelling with trusted companions) is not to sleep the night before the long trip. You'll doze off once the car moves and probably wake up when close to destination. Infact, the defense I have built for the condition is, once I am inside a car and not driving, I fall asleep almost immediately

4. If forced to stay awake, Use a lot of mint, strong mint. Infact my strongest concoction is putting freegel (extra strong mint ) in bitter lemon

5. This goes without saying, no matter how hungry, do not eat shortly before or during a trip. Motion sickness is known to sometimes trigger diarrhea. Always empty your bowels, if you need to, before a trip.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 10:37am On Sep 02, 2023
I really dont think so, because I was a victim of that ailment, like it happened anywhere, sleeping, eating, during exams or just on normal days.
I never for once felt threatened about it, just the slight embarassment that comes with it every now and then. Now I cant remember the last time I bleed. Havent seen blood in my nose in the last 5 years.
Samantha124:
And the most risky thing about nosebleeding is bleeding at night when you're fast asleep only to wake up in the morning with blood on the pillow.

The person can get choked by the blood while asleep.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2023
The first one still seems like a myth to me, you are the second person Ive seen talking about trip sickness. Aside from the euphoria of traveling, I really dont see any reason to be sick from it cheesy
Samantha124:
And the most risky thing about nosebleeding is bleeding at night when you're fast asleep only to wake up in the morning with blood on the pillow.

The person can get choked by the blood while asleep.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 02, 2023
You're lucky.. grin grin grin
Aaaaarghmed:
Na wa o..so pple experience this things.As far as am concerned.Nothing dey do me.My only Issue for this is i dont like bright light, and I select food too much.i no dey like manage food angry
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 02, 2023
Noted..👍👍👍
Waist:
I NOTICE THIS MY OWN CAR SICKNESS AT AN AGE OF SIX (6)-SEVEN (7) YEARS OLD. BUT UP TO ADULTHOOD IN FACT I ASKED THE DOCTORS FOR TREATMENT IT SEEM IT HAS NO TREATMENT.
BUT I DISCOVER WHENEVER I GO FOR EXERCISER BEFORE TRAVELLING, I EAT PRESS MY PHONE, COMMUNICATE EFFICIENTLY AND NO THAT F#CKING SELF EMBARRASSMENT OF VOTING IN THE MOVING CAR.
JUST DO FREQUENT EXERCISE BEFORE TRAVELLING.
THAT SICK IS AN HEREDITARY AND IT HAS NO CURE.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 02, 2023
I was also like that this past Saturday, after I threw up the second time, I no longer had any energy in me left... I just needed a place to lay down and sleep.
sylve11:
@op, I had none of the aforementioned sickeness. but my close pal used to have the motion sickness. It's even worse if you just fill the car tank with fuel. Him go vomit sotey him go be like sey him wan die. sad cool
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 02, 2023
I think it's hereditary... I was also the only one experiencing it, but now three of my sisters children are having the same problem.
alamscolo:
While I was younger even till my teenage age, I was a regular subscriber to nose bleeding, but it's been a while I experienced it though but it still happens once in a blue moon. I don't know if it's a genetic build up or so, I was the only one who experienced it in the family. Just hope my kid won't inherit such from my gene
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 02, 2023
Consider yourself lucky because it's not something you'd want to experience at all.

You can't have fun road trips without spoiling the fun mood... If I could walk or ride a bicycle for long distances, I would... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Error401:
The first one still seems like a myth to me, you are the second person Ive seen talking about trip sickness. Aside from the euphoria of traveling, I really dont see any reason to be sick from it cheesy
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2023
Are you serious, never knew its that bad, do you feel thesame on flight? I only felt abit dizzy on my first flight and my first time on an elevator.
Aside that, I'm fine, feels like Im just in my home no matter how long the distance is. The only problem I have is finding it very difficult to sleep on trips. I envy people who just fall asleep given the slightest opportunity
Samantha124:
Consider yourself lucky because it's not something you'd want to experience at all.

You can't have fun road trips without spoiling the fun mood... If I could walk or ride a bicycle for long distances, I would... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by ghettochild(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2023
Samantha124:
It seems like SA is the one making you sick because you didn't experience any of these while still in Nigeria..😂😂😂

And I'm surprised that there are Nigerians who do security jobs here in SA... Wow! This is new to me.
Lol did u think we all come here to deal in drugs?
Yes there are Nigerian doing security job to keep the body n soul together... not all of us have the guts to do drug deals....
Yes It was the change of environment (altitude) that caused those symptoms.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2023
So far I've only taken local flights and the distance wasn't long, so haven't experienced anything.
Error401:
Are you serious, never knew its that bad, do you feel thesame on flight? I only felt abit dizzy on my first flight and my first time on an elevator.
Aside that, I'm fine, feels like Im just in my home no matter how long the distance is. The only problem I have is finding it very difficult to sleep on trips. I envy people who just fall asleep given the slightest opportunity
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 11:49am On Sep 02, 2023
It souds weird that you have different reactions about road trips and flights.

Samantha124:
So far I've only taken local flights and the distance wasn't long, so haven't experienced anything.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2023
Can I ask you an honest question? Can you give me a reason why you are obsessed with Nigerian contents?
I will appreciate a response
Samantha124:
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 02, 2023
Woow! Aren't you tempted to join those brothers of yours who deal drugs?

Don't they also make a mockery of you when they see you? Because I know most Nigerians are arrogant people and like showing off.
ghettochild:

Lol did u think we all come here to deal in drugs?
Yes there are Nigerian doing security job to keep the body n soul together... not all of us have the guts to do drug deals....
Yes It was the change of environment (altitude) that caused those symptoms.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
Because here in SA, we don't have an interesting forum like nairaland.

I was in a Ghanaian forum before I joined nairaland... I want to learn about other Africans.
Error401:
Can I ask you an honest question? Can you give me a reason why you are obsessed with Nigerian contents?
I will appreciate a response

1 Like

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
Like I said, I never flew for long distances before... So let's wait until I take a long distance flight.
Error401:
It souds weird that you have different reactions about road trips and flights.

Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
I hope you enjoy your stay here, how did you get to know nairaland?
I was a guest reader in 2011 but joined in 2012, what about you?
Samantha124:
Because here in SA, we don't have an interesting forum like nairaland.

I was in a Ghanaian forum before I joined nairaland... I want to learn about other Africans.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by ghettochild(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Woow! Aren't you tempted to join those brothers of yours who deal drugs?

Don't they also make a mockery of you when they see you? Because I know most Nigerians are arrogant people and like showing off.
Do u know the population of Nigerians here in SA.
Imagine if we all see drug dealers..
Your country is finished.
Let me tell u less than 7% of Nigerians are into drugs...
We are artisans, professionals etc..
I have a SACE certificate.
Some of those barbers u see are graduates..
I repeat graduates with BSc or even MSc
There are Nigerian lecturers in Universities across SA including in Lesotho and Swaziland.
There are doctors in ur government and private hospitals all around SA.
So change ur myopic view about Nigerians living in South Africa.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
An acquaintance told me about it.

Well, I joined last year, but eventually deactivated my previous account.
Error401:
I hope you enjoy your stay here, how did you get to know nairaland?
I was a guest reader in 2011 but joined in 2012, what about you?
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
All expenses paid trip sponsored to Canada, lets see how that feels?
Canada shouldnt be less than 20 hours and should have at least 2 Layovers.
grin grin grin grin
Samantha124:
Like I said, I never flew for long distances before... So let's wait until I take a long distance flight.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Error401: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
How do you manage to create front page topics.
Only a few topics of mine made fronthpage and they were health related. Shouldnt you consider content creation rather than doing it for Seun Osewa for free?
Samantha124:
An acquaintance told me about it.

Well, I joined last year, but eventually deactivated my previous account.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
I know that there are some Nigerian lecturers, teachers, and doctors... I came across some before... At least those ones we know their source of income.

But I just can't help but have negative thoughts whenever I see a Nigerian man driving a nice car and wearing fancy clothes... I just have this fear of the unknown, especially if he claims to be owning businesses.

I'm not trying to bash you guys or anything, that's why I'm hear to learn about you guys.

ghettochild:

Do u know the population of Nigerians here in SA.
Imagine if we all see drug dealers..
Your country is finished.
Let me tell u less than 7% of Nigerians are into drugs...
We are artisans, professionals etc..
I have a SACE certificate.
Some of those barbers u see are graduates..
I repeat graduates with BSc or even MSc
There are Nigerian lecturers in Universities across SA including in Lesotho and Swaziland.
There are doctors in ur government and private hospitals all around SA.
So change ur myopic view about Nigerians living in South Africa.
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
What am I going to do there? grin grin grin
Error401:
All expenses paid trip sponsored to Canada, lets see how that feels?
Canada shouldnt be less than 20 hours and should have at least 2 Layovers.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2023
I don't know hey, I wasn't expecting this one to go on front page.

Most Africans don't prioritize their health, they only take it seriously when something is wrong... grin grin grin

In reality I don't talk too much and I hate being in front of the camera... If you hear me talking too much, just know that that thing has been on my mind for a very long time.

Sometimes I'm also forced to change my personality depending on the people I'm with... So content creation is definitely not for me.
Error401:
How do you manage to create front page topics.
Only a few topics of mine made fronthpage and they were health related. Shouldnt you consider content creation rather than doing it for Seun Osewa for free?
Re: Is There Anyone Who Can Relate To Having These Conditions? by mrdipye(m): 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
I can't relate
I'm I the only one who has not experienced nose bleeding?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Donate Blood For Survivors Of Lagos Collapsed Building (photos) / Mental Disorders You Don't Know / Syringe-manufacturing Company Packs Up, Cites Challenging Business Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.