Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,848 members, 7,848,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande (17151 Views)

INEC Is Not Mandated To Collate Or Transmit Results Electronically - Tribunal / Lagos State Labour Party Secures Court Order Compelling INEC To Transmit Results / 83% Of Presidential And NASS Results Has Be Uploaded On INEC's Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2023
festacman:
Throwing away electronic transmission of election results is taking one step forward and three steps backwards.

No nation makes progress by this kind of negative movement.
it's uploading of results that's is snapped at polling units which is already in possession of party agents... Collation is manual from polling units to ward to Loca govt to state and Abuja...
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Jostoman:
It is that promise that inec made before election that made me come out to vote on election day if not wetin concern me with nigeria election.
if u like don't vote again e no concern anyone... Collation of results is manual... Which is different from electronic upload of what has been signed by all Party agents at polling units...
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by DMerciful(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2023
Don't think the table will not turn so if you are happy that the tribunal trashed electronic transmission and IREV, it might affect your candidate tomorrow besides it means we're retrogressing
searchng4love:
Gone insane since the principal lost woefully.

Akande should shave his horrible beards...
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:38am On Sep 09, 2023
Okwyjesus:

I dislike blinded people that see only ethnicity, religion and bigotry in every thing they do.

Next election will record voters apathy. Every right thinking person knows that
u ain't doing anyone favor by voting so sholve that threat aside... Others ll vote... Simple... Why are all of so fixated on uploading to irev... Collation is manual... The results uploaded to irev isn't different from what each Party agents signed at polling units...

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Marcus07: 10:40am On Sep 09, 2023
Hoooooooo: Laolu Akande is still very pained by the ignominious loss of his Principal and Benefactor. I understand his plight and agony, may God heal his wound permanently.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Adblg0610: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2023
searchng4love:
This is indicative of the mindset of people like Laolu Akande, Yemi Osinbajo, etc. They neither supported nor wished that Tinubu won the presidential election .
They used Muslim/Muslim ticket as a smokescreen, as if it’s an anathema, to hide their evil intentions.
They bite the fingers that feed them. They are the typical example of ingrates, enemies within and bad losers.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by aswani(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2023
NwaliE01:
I promised INEC that they will not see any of my family back home in any election except if voting can be done via our phones.

If you don't have signal or the voting app crashes because it is overwhelmed, you will start complaining again that they rigged your cabdidate out.

In fact if your candidate loses, you will say why did they use phone voting. Obidients can never be satisfied.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Adelekan40(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2023
The credibility of any election lies in the transparency of the process. ...
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by seunjungle1(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Uncle Laolu should go and sit down somewhere to allow fresh breeze of #RenewedHope# gerrin to us here...

Moreover, we know who you worked for....if not God and Asiwaju who brought your principal to that seat of vice president...do you think you can become a spoke person to a local govt chairman not to talk of that of vice-president of Nigeria.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by NwaliE01: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2023
aswani:

If you don't have signal or the voting app crashes because it is overwhelmed, you will start complaining again that they rigged your cabdidate out.

In fact if your candidate loses, you will say why did they use phone voting. Obidients can never be satisfied.

If you ever see voting done in western countries where we copied our democracy, you would not type this rubbish.
Just for you to know, people goes to work on voting week, banks and all businesses opens on election day because majority of people don't need to go outside to vote. They can vote from the comfort of their toilets and results are reading within 48 hours.

You can check it out online.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by infofta(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2023
In a sane country Yakubu should be in jail for fraud and mismanagement after taking so much money. But since if favours the ruling government it doesn't matter.

Nigeria will never get better until the masses wake up and retake the country from the few group of recycled polithiefcians.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Okwyjesus(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
u ain't doing anyone favor by voting so sholve that threat aside... Others ll vote... Simple... Why are all of so fixated on uploading to irev... Collation is manual... The results uploaded to irev isn't different from what each Party agents signed at polling units...
Fine!

Integrity demand lNEC keep to their words.
Repeating they told us results will be uploaded real time.

I was encouraging people to vote that things have changed but l think see me now...

Nations are built on integrity bro
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by lapintoz: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2023
E be like say craze don dey worry una.

The tribunal judgement is as clear as day light. But most of you are just spawned with hatred. I remember some of the issues of the petition like that of Shetima was already dismissed by the Supreme Court.

Ipig propagandist even said Buhari wanted to declare public holiday on May 26 so that the judgement will not be read. But all na lie.
Just like Wike said, whether na Pastor or Imam dey deceive una.

Only a fool will do the same thing over and over again but expect a different outcome.

Continue....

SpecialAdviser:
It's Shameful to have spent such a huge amount looted and not used.

Those who celebrate EVIL think they are doing others. In their stupidity they trade their future and that of the unborn generations.

Thank God for someone like Peter Obi. I expect him to get to the supreme court and see to the end of it. We are solidly behind him. Tomorrow, if opposition wins, APC can go to the Supreme court and get the following judgement that a drug lord cannot be president. That 25% Abuja is compulsory. That electronic transmission is compulsory. When you ask why, they will ask why you didn't go to Supreme court.

It will surely come to a time when agabdo magas will get screwed. I'm very sure of that.

God bless OBIDIENTS all over the world.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by NothingDoMe: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Those who celebrate EVIL think they are doing others. In their stupidity they trade their future and that of the unborn generations.

Thank God for someone like Peter Obi. I expect him to get to the supreme court and see to the end of it. We are solidly behind him. Tomorrow, if opposition wins, APC can go to the Supreme court and get the following judgement that a drug lord cannot be president. That 25% Abuja is compulsory. That electronic transmission is compulsory. When you ask why, they will ask why you didn't go to Supreme court.

It will surely come to a time when agabdo magas will get screwed. I'm very sure of that.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Fine!

Integrity demand lNEC keep to their words.
Repeating they told us results will be uploaded real time.

I was encouraging people to vote that things have changed but l think see me now...

Nations are built on integrity bro
it still doesn't mean 2023 election wasn't the best since creation of nigeria... There's no perfection anywhere... No matter what opposition division is why APC won... If Atiku Obi were together they would have won... Collation is manual whether or not results were uploaded... And even though they weren't uploaded in real time... Go check with ur polling units results if it's different from what is on irev... Pple have done theirs so let's stop chasing shadows ok...
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Julius1995(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2023
Did you know that if Akande desires to see Tinubu (Your God), he will in few days. But if you, trespass close to where Tinubu is, they might even gun you down. Please, what and who did you people think you are? How can you not know that in the scheme of things, you do not even exist talkless of matter. Shame. A guy that matters said a simple truth, one will wonder why such an harmless statement etches you so much, even when you do not matter.
searchng4love:

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Buccalcavity2: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2023
PHIPEX:
You should be intelligent enough to know that morality and legality are not the same. A man can kill you and still go free in court if the judge feels your family did not prove that he killed you or broke a law. It doest change the fact that you were murdered

INEC might have escaped at PEPT court but lost in the court of public opinion
Maybe public opinion of losers. Just wear the hat of the winner (or apolitical) for once and judge the same issue.
This is not about morals or morality. Your anecdote is not apt. It's common sense.
INEC has discretion over how to collate result or even conduct election. It is written in black and white.
PO should know if he's contesting! That's why he's a politician and I'm not. I absolutely support him testing it in court (whether lower or higher); but when judgement is given, stop acting as the victim! Else he's a victim of his crass ineptitude or ignorance. That's the point.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by BreconHills(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2023
PHIPEX:
Trust once broken can hardly be recovered

No matter the outcome at supreme Court, I'll be a fool to ever trust any statement from INEC again

They won the election but lost the people

They lost a bit over 6m people out of 200m. Let's not be dramatic.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by PHIPEX(m): 1:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
Buccalcavity2:

Maybe public opinion of losers. Just wear the hat of the winner (or apolitical) for once and judge the same issue.
This is not about morals or morality. Your anecdote is not apt. It's common sense.
INEC has discretion over how to collate result or even conduct election. It is written in black and white.
PO should know if he's contesting! That's why he's a politician and I'm not. I absolutely support him testing it in court (whether lower or higher); but when judgement is given, stop acting as the victim! Else he's a victim of his crass ineptitude or ignorance. That's the point.
He's not really the victim but Nigeria is the victim while Tinubu is the winner. Same way Nigeria global image is battered by yahoo yahoo boys is similar to how INEC and the "winners" have further battered what is left both locally and globally.

Yahoo boys are still "balling" but you and I are losing sleep as long our images are concerned outside Nigeria. So in essence, Obi has gained even more than he thought when he left PDP but Nigeria has lost democratic right and image both in Africa and globally.

We have a winner that lacks legitimacy to even caution coup plotters in neighbouring Niger
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Iamanoited: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
"e-transmission-of-results-inec-has-broken-peoples-trust-laolu-akande".

YES.
BUT TRUST (HOPE) IS EARNED BY MIGHT AND POWER (CONSTITUTIONALITY AND LEGALITY).
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Fearyourcreator: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
PHIPEX:
Trust once broken can hardly be recovered

No matter the outcome at supreme Court, I'll be a fool to ever trust any statement from INEC again

They won the election but lost the people
To igbos who sell fake product
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Ontus: 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Soon there won't be need for an election in Nigeria.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by aswani(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2023
NwaliE01:

If you ever see voting done in western countries where we copied our democracy, you would not type this rubbish.
Just for you to know, people goes to work on voting week, banks and all businesses opens on election day because majority of people don't need to go outside to vote. They can vote from the comfort of their toilets and results are reading within 48 hours.

You can check it out online.

My point is regardless of how you vote, as an Obidient, if your candidate loses, you will complain.

In Western countries, people accept defeat graciously. In Naija, Obidients abuse INEC, Judges and anyone that disagrees with them in seeking to refuse to accept defeat.

All Obidients will do is move the blame to the technology.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by NwaliE01: 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
aswani:

My point is regardless of how you vote, as an Obidient, if your candidate loses, you will complain.

In Western countries, people accept defeat graciously. In Naija, Obidients abuse INEC, Judges and anyone that disagrees with them in seeking to refuse to accept defeat.

All Obidients will do is move the blame to the technology.

I am not concern about who won the election, but how the winner emerged. Is the process free and fair enough to be accepted by the majority?
Ofcourse, there will always be winners and loosers regardless of how flawless the election was conducted. It's same as two sides of the coin. Either a head or tail must emerge.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by ejimatic: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2023
Christistruth03:
grin
This is the judgement that nailed OBI and Atiku.
Same judgement was used to uphold BAT victory.
IREV results for now are irrelevant. EC8 forms are much better for electoral cases now.

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Gucciswaz: 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
searchng4love:

y e go shave him beards ? Because e talk the truth.. nah y Nigeria no fit make headway with people who reason like u.
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Gucciswaz: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2023
Jostoman:
It is that promise that inec made before election that made me come out to vote on election day if not wetin concern me with nigeria election.
lol nah dia mama,papa,pikin go vote for them come next election cos as for me I don wash my hands comot for election voting just like pontus pialite wash hands comot for Jesus Christ death matter..

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Bigkoko: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Well said..... Despair is not an option. HE Peter Obi through his indefatigable counsel le by Livy will file an appeal at the SC....

Even members of his own political & religious affiliations knows he stole a mandate that would eventually be his undoing.

As long as it's a stolen Mandate, na that mandate go kill am... idiot

SpecialAdviser:

1 Like

Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2023
festacman:
Throwing away electronic transmission of election results is taking one step forward and three steps backwards.

No nation makes progress by this kind of negative movement.

I'm telling you!
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Jostoman: 8:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
Gucciswaz:
lol nah dia mama,papa,pikin go vote for them come next election cos as for me I don wash my hands comot for election voting just like pontus pialite wash hands comot for Jesus Christ death matter..
i cant waste my precious time for nigeria election again
Re: INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande by Dshocker(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2023
Buccalcavity2:
In one breadth, you said no law was broken, meaning the election was carried out according to the law of the land. In another, you are castigating INEC. Why the duplicity?
Yes INEC said I will use IREV but you (parties & individuals) also know that INEC can do otherwise, which is what the court affirmed (and you agreed that no law was broken).
If you are saying that you are not aware of that, then you are incompetent to win too. Afterall election should be won by the most popular candidate who played according to the rules!
Was your winning contingent on IREV?Common!You have physical copy of election result to prove you won! So whats the argument! Stop dwelling on trivialities!
Go home and restrategize. Come back and win.
Now I agree that "He who cannot bear the pain of election loss does not deserve the joy of election victory".

My brother, na you no understand English i swear.

Read slowly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ubah Visits Burnt Mgbuka Nkpor Market / N82m, $36,000 Stolen In Kuje Prison During Attack Belong To Politicians / Ajumobi Is An American, So Akala May Still Be Governor Of Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.