Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,849 members, 7,886,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD (25476 Views)

Breaking : The Super Eagles 25 Man Squad Is Out / Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! / Brazil's Final World Cup Squad Is Out. Let's See. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by grandstar(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2023
That's what you call money!

I'm surprised the Saudi club hasn't overtaken them.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by trilacos: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2023
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Ofemmanu1: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2023
omoh
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Fuckallmods: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hi
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by nafisu: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2023
Na squad be that? Who post this thing, allow united rest na

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Saidfx(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
No be by squared. I go still dribble score am for standord bridge on the return leg match. Onana nah yeye keeper
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Hezmatosky: 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2023
Ok can we now compare with Platue united? Let's assume the difference is what you will leave on throughout this year. Will you accept?

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by xxxangel(m): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
So my dear Chelsea just dey learn work....and na overhauling we do oOoOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by cjudy(m): 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
For that dwarf fanboy that always based in bet9ja shop in Ogbomoso.
Anything about Man U makes him cum yet he can’t afford newly 2023 launched Jersey

2 Likes

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by bluefilm: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Manure is such a disgrace.

What a waste of money!
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by themanderon: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
Expensively Assembled rubbish. Those players are mere fannyboys that should not be in that club. Only Bruno, Cassy and Maybe Rashford are worth their pay the rest belong to the first division.

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by BabaIbo: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Most expensive piece of sh*t
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by abobote: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankson1:
Ten Hag is a big SCAM
The money was not spent in his era

2 Likes

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by fergie001: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yet playing rubbish.

Lamasta:

Dont mind Kyase, Ray07 grin grin grin
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by HarryGleb: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2023
helinues:
grin

May be domestic cup like cup like FA cup but you see EPL and Champions league, Man UTD dont have players to win any of both
Will you like to play for Man united? I have the contact.

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by yommen: 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
Alchemy528:
Buying more useless player of all time,, both Ronaldo ended up useless

Ronaldo useless? Okay o!
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by AImiron: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankson1:

You should 'learn' maturity.
What’s maturity in banter? Google the word banter first and modify your post. Are you new on Nairaland? It’s ok to banter and ridicule other team’s achievements but when e reach una turn, una go play victim. Kindly stay off my dm.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by helinues: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2023
HarryGleb:
Will you like to play for Man united? I have the contact.

Ask yourself if the question you asked make any sense or the person who asked is normal.

When did I tell you I am a footballer. This years of trolling have made you to lost your sanity no doubt walahi
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Jedtam: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
Most expensive and no prospects. More like most useless.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Ezmans: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
AImiron:
Their mumu fanbase go dey scream Guardiola use money dominate England and Europe, bunch of hypocrites they have the most expensive squad in the world, and they will never win any meaningful silverware this season, they will end up fighting for top4 as usual
So United is a flop

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by iamtardey: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
Maguire 80mili own goal lord
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by drsibz66(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2023
AImiron:
Manchester United's current squad is the most expensive ever assembled ahead of Chelsea and Manchester City, according to new research from the CIES Football Observatory.

Released on Wednesday, CIES' latest research shows United have spent €1.15billion (£989) on their current squad, with just under £400m gone on transfer fees since Erik ten Hag took over in May of last year.

The Dutchman signed Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez and Tyrell Malacia in his first summer at Old Trafford for a combined outlay of over £120m.

He also sanctioned the £85m purchase of Antony, making the Brazilian the third-most expensive player in United's history after Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku.

This summer, United have spent £72m on Rasmus Hojlund and have signed Mason Mount from Chelsea in a deal worth up to £60m, while Andre Onana joined from Inter Milan for £47m.

The Blues are close behind United having spent £975m on players since Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital took over from Roman Abramovich 18 months ago.

Last month, the Blues signed Moises Caicedo from Brighton in a deal worth a British record £115m, breaking the £105m record they had set in January when they signed Enzo Fernandez.

City round out the top three, having spent on £900m on assembling their squad, with just under a quarter of the sum invested on four summer signings this year - Josko Gvardiol, Matheus Nunes, Jeremy Doku and Mateo Kovacic.

Significantly, City have got a much better return on their investment, which has delivered three consecutive Premier League titles and a historic treble last season.

Paris Saint-Germain are the only non-Premier League to squeeze into the top five.

The Ligue 1 champions' squad is worth a combined £860m, but the Parisians have spent more than anyone else on their attack with £480m invested on strikers.

SOURCE

How can they compare man utd transfer cost for a 3 or 4 season with Chelseaa transfer cost in just 18months. That's a biased comparison. If you want to compare transfer outlay for the various clubs it should be within a constant time scale for the clubs been compared not some 5yrs s and some 18 months.
Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by riczy(m): 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Give this same squad to Pep and see d magic, Pep is d best coach in football history!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by frankson1(m): 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
abobote:

The money was not spent in his era

Yeah, I know. He has spent over 400 million.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by frankson1(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
AImiron:
What’s maturity in banter? Google the word banter first and modify your post. Are you new on Nairaland? It’s ok to banter and ridicule other team’s achievements but when e reach una turn, una go play victim. Kindly stay off my dm.

When I said you should learn maturity, I meant it. What you did wasn't banter but outright insult.

2 Likes

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Kenmatt(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
The most useless among it all is Chelsea FC Squad.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by AImiron: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
frankson1:

When I said you should learn maturity, I meant it. What you did wasn't banter but outright insult.
I guess I was too polite in my previous post, na why you get mind to mention me again, ask about me from your fellow manurefc fans. I no send anyone papa. For the last time, stay off my mention.

Everyone don see say I don warn you twice, if I enter you now, you go run call moderators.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Sprints3: 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
AImiron:
Their mumu fanbase go dey scream Guardiola use money dominate England and Europe, bunch of hypocrites they have the most expensive squad in the world, and they will never win any meaningful silverware this season, they will end up fighting for top4 as usual

shut up don't be an idiot he spent over 1bn at city to rebrand his squad whereas others met or spent below. The closest to pep right now is arteta followed by ten hag then klopp always use ur sense b4 u spew ur dirty trash... For Chelsea boehly has been buying players for the coaches... But only pep guardiola is the only person in the EPL that takes charge of transfer no one is close. Klopp will have to send like 3 players for the same position writing epistle why Liverpool need a player for that position before FSG will consider if they like the player or not the same applies to Man utd only ten hag is lucky to tell united chiefs I want this and that. Infcat they have tired for idiot if he cannot deliver league this season he is fool.

2 Likes

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by AImiron: 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Sprints3:
shut up don't be an idiot he spent over 1bn at city to rebrand his squad whereas others met or spent below. The closest to pep right now is arteta followed by ten hag then klopp always use ur sense b4 u spew ur dirty trash... For Chelsea boehly has been buying players for the coaches... But only pep guardiola is the only person in the EPL that takes charge of transfer no one is close. Klopp will have to send like 3 players for the same position writing epistle why Liverpool need a player for that position before FSG will consider if they like the player or not the same applies to Man utd only ten hag is lucky to tell united chiefs I want this and that. Infcat they have tired for idiot if he cannot deliver league this season he is fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by rolams(m): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2023
Liverpool is the best!
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
May they have something to show this season for their huge spending unlike last season.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by themes009(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2023
drsibz66:

How can they compare man utd transfer cost for a 3 or 4 season with Chelseaa transfer cost in just 18months. That's a biased comparison. If you want to compare transfer outlay for the various clubs it should be within a constant time scale for the clubs been compared not some 5yrs s and some 18 months.
Rubbish.

There are more to consider if we are to use your factors, teams sell players too. this thread is about the present squad they have now!
Cheers! 🍻

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? / Super Eagles Players Depart For South Africa Ahead Of Crunch AFCON Match. Photos / Seyi Olofinjana Appointed Technical Director Of Swiss Club GC Zurich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.