Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,848 members, 7,886,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:18 AM

Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD (25474 Views)

Breaking : The Super Eagles 25 Man Squad Is Out / Sevilla Faces Debts Of €90M And Declared That The ENTIRE Squad Is On The Market! / Brazil's Final World Cup Squad Is Out. Let's See. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by DesChyko: 5:39am On Sep 14, 2023
Man Utd have a far better return on investment than Man City since the Inception of the PL. That talk of 3 consecutive PL is convenient because they didn't win the the fourth year before, else we will hear 4 consecutive PL.

The real question is why stop at 3? Even the headline didn't specify that. City may have been making a profit now, selling off the loot they have accumulated in a short while, that's okay! But no person with real EPL knowledge will be hoodwinked.

City actually spent hell to be where they are today, mega money signings on zero balance, poaching and offering players mad money to join, Guardiola alone splashing a billion pounds on defenders, name it. All of these is a result of process across many years.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by mkoabiola: 5:44am On Sep 14, 2023
Can they win Brighton this weekend even with the huge spending?
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Ifebazz(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2023
Where are all these anti-Man Utd people getting their exaggerated quotes from? Quoting addons as part of price is preposterous.

AImiron:
Manchester United's current squad is the most expensive ever assembled ahead of Chelsea and Manchester City, according to new research from the CIES Football Observatory.

Released on Wednesday, CIES' latest research shows United have spent €1.15billion (£989) on their current squad, with just under £400m gone on transfer fees since Erik ten Hag took over in May of last year.

The Dutchman signed Casemiro, Lisandro Martinez and Tyrell Malacia in his first summer at Old Trafford for a combined outlay of over £120m.

He also sanctioned the £85m purchase of Antony, making the Brazilian the third-most expensive player in United's history after Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku.

This summer, United have spent £72m on Rasmus Hojlund and have signed Mason Mount from Chelsea in a deal worth up to £60m, while Andre Onana joined from Inter Milan for £47m.

The Blues are close behind United having spent £975m on players since Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital took over from Roman Abramovich 18 months ago.

Last month, the Blues signed Moises Caicedo from Brighton in a deal worth a British record £115m, breaking the £105m record they had set in January when they signed Enzo Fernandez.

City round out the top three, having spent on £900m on assembling their squad, with just under a quarter of the sum invested on four summer signings this year - Josko Gvardiol, Matheus Nunes, Jeremy Doku and Mateo Kovacic.

Significantly, City have got a much better return on their investment, which has delivered three consecutive Premier League titles and a historic treble last season.

Paris Saint-Germain are the only non-Premier League to squeeze into the top five.

The Ligue 1 champions' squad is worth a combined £860m, but the Parisians have spent more than anyone else on their attack with £480m invested on strikers.

SOURCE
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by victory36(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2023
Alchemy528:
Buying more useless player of all time,, both Ronaldo ended up useless

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below
Ronaldo, useless? Someone who nearly was highest goal scorer in pl at the age of 37?? Pls stop the cap
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by nerdjared: 10:10am On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
What’s maturity in banter? Google the word banter first and modify your post. Are you new on Nairaland? It’s ok to banter and ridicule other team’s achievements but when e reach una turn, una go play victim. Kindly stay off my dm.

No mind the Ngozi fc fan na ozuo

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by AImiron: 10:56am On Sep 14, 2023
nerdjared:

No mind the Ngozi fc fan na ozuo
dem no get sense at all
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Ray07(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Lamasta:

Dont mind Kyase, Ray07 and Fergie001 grin grin grin I can see them among Onana choir
still wouldn't change the fact that City are a big cheat grin grin grin
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by frankson1(m): 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
AImiron:
I guess I was too polite in my previous post, na why you get mind to mention me again, ask about me from your fellow manurefc fans. I no send anyone papa. For the last time, stay off my mention.

Everyone don see say I don warn you twice, if I enter you now, you go run call moderators.

Are there new words you and your likes have manufactured undecided
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by frankson1(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2023
culf:

how is he a scan?

Make una try the read.

If you too have read, you'd have known that he has spent over 400 million already but the players still playing in a very hopeless manner.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by DOptical: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
How good is hojlund sef?

Na only Onana be better buy this summer.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by culf: 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2023
frankson1:

If you too have read, you'd have known that he has spent over 400 million already but the players still playing in a very hopeless manner.

He spent under400 Sir not over and took united to champions league and won carabao cup. Those before him that spend more where did they take us? compare to the remaining top teams, Ten Hag spent less than the rest. Uncle you should also know that season just started, some are still rusty and we have others battling injuries, you shouldn't be making conclusion just after 4 matches.
when they pick form now, I know you will be one of those that will call him best coach, make una dey take am easy abeg, the guy the try.
Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by frankson1(m): 7:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
culf:

He spent under400 Sir not over and took united to champions league and won carabao cup. Those before him that spend more where did they take us? compare to the remaining top teams, Ten Hag spent less than the rest. Uncle you should also know that season just started, some are still rusty and we have others battling injuries, you shouldn't be making conclusion just after 4 matches.
when they pick form now, I know you will be one of those that will call him best coach, make una dey take am easy abeg, the guy the try.

Why do you guys always feel that someone who is criticised is been hated undecided

Why should players be rusty when they had pre-season undecided

They will "pick form" the same way they did last season with clueless pattern of play undecided

Yes, of course, just as I'll call him the best coach when he does well, I'll also call him out when he doesn't do well.

If you enjoy watching Man. U play now, then you can enjoy anything.

All of you fighting those criticising ETH are missing the point. If the team is not winning games but play very intelligently with a clear pattern and tactics, we will know there's progress.

The season started counting right from the first game so if he has any hidden style he should unveil it immediately.

1 Like

Re: Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD by Nobodysboo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
With all those flops

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Suggests VAR Favours Big Countries At The World Cup 2018 / UEL: Rashford Has Received 70 Racist Abuses On Social Media / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.