Stats: 3,173,669 members, 7,889,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 03:09 AM

Substitue For A Wedding Ring? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Substitue For A Wedding Ring? (5887 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Wedding Ring: Must It Be Worn All The Time? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by InkedNerd(f): 6:45am On Oct 19, 2011
I'm not a huge jewelry fan but I still wear it though so the idea of not having a ring is fine by me.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2011
Do people actually read the introductory post before commentating or just look at the title and conclude from there because some of the sarcastic answers are just hilarious by the way, at the very least if for whatever reason you manage to stumble into a thread and don't fully grasp the theme then study the previous answers as an indicator if you're a bit to weary to read, cheers.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by firestar(f): 7:27am On Oct 19, 2011
If there are no rings available, then an ornament carved worn as either a headband, fasinator, necklace, armlet or bracelet may do.

There's one that involves the couple exchanging halves of a whole and tying a three-way cord to give symbolism to it.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by pkv(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2011
Handcuff shuld do na, it does not only tells but restricts!
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by akinmax: 8:18am On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring?
« #33 on: Today at 07:12:36 AM »
Do people actually read the introductory post before commentating or just look at the title and conclude from there because some of the sarcastic answers are just hilarious by the way, at the very least if for whatever reason you manage to stumble into a thread and don't fully grasp the theme then study the previous answers as an indicator if you're a bit to weary to read, cheers.

Who is this emofine self? your pomposity has ruin the tread, you ask a question and you are answering it by yourself others people comment/opinion seem not relevant na oh! , this speak volume of why you are ask this question  .
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2011
I know that the deeperlifers use bibles as a band. I dont know what the jehovah witnesses guys do, but I still prefer the rings though. A locket, bracelet or whatevers wont cut it.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ayowumie(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2011
pkv:

This is the real answer
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2011
pkv:

loool

akinmax:

Who is this emofine self? your pomposity has ruin the tread, you ask a question and you are answering it by yourself others people comment/opinion seem not relevant na oh! , this speak volume of why you are ask this question  .

Emofine is the author of the thread, nice to meet you sir/madame,

er well I do apologize if I came off as pompous but that was not my intention. I was just addressing a few not so serious remarks in the thread that indicates that some may not have taken a moment to read and digest the opening or following posts and I do know the difference between mild humour and outright mocking.

Yes I asked a question to seek for "relevant" answers not airings.

A wedding ring is not the only symbol of a union so I was trying to canvass other depictions, my parents for one don't have a wedding ring so this question didn't materialize out of thin air and that was one of the reasons I asked the following question abeg.

Lastly please do not presume to know who I am because you'll surely fail smiley
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 9:36am On Oct 19, 2011
Emofine; sister for me the ring is the symbol and NOT the proove of love
Matrimony in front of GOD, in front of my family: Promising you'll cherish me, love me, support me and protect me these prerogatives are more important for me than the ring
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Poultry: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2011
u can wed ur wife or husband using a Bible or Quran instead of using wedding ring.
Most importantly, you responsible behavious will definitely show that you're a responsible married man or woman
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by emofine(f): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2011
Nayah:

Emofine; sister for me the ring is the symbol and NOT the proove of love
Matrimony in front of GOD, in front of my family: Pormising you'll cherish me, love me, support me and protect me these prerogatives are more important for me than the ring

Bonjour ma soeur ça va?

lol mon francaise c'est mal embarassed

I also don't view the ring as a proof of love I don't even regard marriage as a proof of love but I did say that the ring is just a seal of the union. There are other alternatives to a ring but of course it's merely a physical evidence and symbol of a bond and so I was curious to a suitable substitute or if there are other cultures which practice a different system smiley

Okija_juju:

I know that the deeperlifers use bibles as a band.

lol you're right from what I've observed.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2011
And if I may ask. . . Was it GOD himself that introduced the ring as a symbol of married couple? undecided. . . That ring of a thing, to me, is RUBBISH!

What matters MOST to me is the LOVE that both couple have for each other, and NOT some golden coloured iron melted substance!

[s]I even sure say if anybodi do weddin without d groom puttin on suit, som pipu go say na yeye weddin b dat! Na byforce to wia suit ni?

Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2011
Ranoscky:

And if I may ask. . . Was it GOD himself that introduced the ring as a symbol of married couple? undecided. . . That ring of a thing, to me, is RUBBISH!

What matters MOST to me is the LOVE that both couple have for each other, and NOT some golden coloured iron melted substance!

[s]I even sure say if anybodi do weddin without d groom puttin on suit, som pipu go say na yeye weddin b dat! Na byforce to wia suit ni?

hehe now I know I won't have a ring if we get married lol grin

Emofine, oui ça va et toi? keep on trying speaking french honey
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2011
I dont care, my dear! Long as we promise to LOVE each other forever! kiss
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2011
Is this a proposal Rano cheesy lol
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
I've seen a Tattooed ring on a girls finger before. I like the Idea but was wondering what happens to the tattoo if they get separated.
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
Nayah:

Is this a proposal Rano cheesy lol
A remix proposal to your initial proposed post/comment below:

Nayah:

hehe now I know I won't have a ring if we get married

So, when are we to make it official to Nairalanders? wink
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2011
loooool Rano hehehe after I'll get my ring grin
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2011
Lol.

U still prefer ring, or LOVE for each other?
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2011
lol ok you won LOVE grin
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
Now you'r talking!

From today henceforth, my LOVE for u WILL ALWAYS BE THERE till the atlantic ocean drys up!

Infact, check-out the text below my screen name to confirm my love for you!
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Nayah(f): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
Oh Ranoscky very sweet brother! I'm blushing
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2011
You have already started blushing at this early stage?. . . Wait until u see the FULL lenght of my love for you. . .

. . .maybe then, your next line would be "Oh, Rano. I cant wait to have u in my arms!" kiss
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by AmakaG29(f): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2011
I like the tattoo idea. I think I'll make it look like henna, but I still want a ring (bling bling).
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Squeegeez(f): 3:29am On Oct 20, 2011
No ring, no marriage. At least 2 carat platinum! wink
Re: Substitue For A Wedding Ring? by Ranoscky(m): 3:48am On Oct 20, 2011
Hope you'll also assist in buying the platinum.

Guys!!! What Do You Think About This Lady's Ass Transformation (photos) / I Made A Wired Cake For My Girl And She's So Happy About It (pictures) / .