Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,479 members, 7,892,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:55 AM

Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? (792 Views)

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / My Wife Is Ungrateful / Why Are Village People So Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Settings365(m): 5:46am On Sep 17, 2023
My elder sister is close to 50 yrs. I'm in my mid forties. We had a very rough and terrible past that I survived only by the grace of God. Only God sustained us. Due to the problems of polygamy and parental separation, we suffered too much. But the suffering was ten times more for me as a man.

We were abandoned by our parents. At many times I wanted to commit suicide but God didn't allow me. More than 20 times I wanted to, but God saved me.

I finished my university about ten years ago. I actually slept under the bridge here in the city for some years before I struggled to get to the university, doing all kinds of menial jobs and hustling. Even after my university the suffering still continued. But later God was faithful to me and showed me great mercy and blessing.

Now I decided my sister should also go to school. It doesn't matter her age, there's no age limit in education. So I got her the school and she's just started and about to complete year one in the university. I believe that even if she finishes school at 56, it's better than not going at all. So all things being equal, she should finish at 56 since it's a professional course of 6 or 7 yrs.

So I bought another car and got another driver to be driving her to school everyday for her lectures. She's studying a professional course that everyone wants to study, the same course I studied.

But after about eight months of my driver driving her to school to and fro, she started plotting and planning with one of my drivers on how to sell my car and claim that it was snatched by armed robbers at gunpoint. I was shocked because she didn't know I was monitoring her.

This is despite all the allowance she got from me and all other things of her needs well taken care of.

But unknown to her, I actually bought that car for her, to be given to her after one year, or if after one year the car is no more befitting, my plan is to buy her another one and give it to her as a surprise gift. That would be when she finishes year one. Just 4 months before the end of her year one, she started misbehaving and planning to sell my car at my back. Can you imagine this??

So I've collected my car back and stopped the driver from driving her to school henceforth. Let her enter bus to school. But I will not stop sponsoring her in school. But she will never have the luxury of being driven to school anymore.

So why are people so ungrateful?

Have I done wrong by collecting my car back and making her enter bus to school??

And even the car I planned buying for her, she will never get it anymore. Never. Let her go out there and struggle and know how it feels to make money in this harsh economy. If not for the fact that she's my blood sister, I would have stopped her education entirely because of this treacherous behavior, but I won't stop sponsoring her since she has already started. But I will keep her at arm's length until I see a reasonable change of behavior in her.

Have I done anything wrong??

Let me know what you think, but I will only read the comments, I won't have the time to reply anyone.

Thank you.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by TimT: 6:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Lol.. all these Tales by Moonlight Stories sef...
But if it's true, why going all these stress for someone almost 50yrs? Isn't she supposed to be married? If she isn't, why don't u ask her what she wants and you support her?
Then you face your own life ..
You all aren't kids anymore...

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by advanceDNA: 6:17am On Sep 17, 2023
Entitled pple ...u can never do enough for pple like that.....

Someone is about to be kidnapped..... U go pay ransome.... igbóró sister

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by talented321: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2023
With my loud..
Only if ur story is true..
I love ur great work and kindness, may God bless u..
if she is not living with u buy her the car after graduation or u can even do it now. If she decide to sell it then it's left for her because u have played ur part.
Is this woman not married?
Even if she'd a selfish mindset continue what u started by seeing her through school.
You are right to take the car from her' but if u don't want to buy her a new car, then dash her the supposed car it's left for her whatever action she take..
All the same no evidence for a woman of her age planning such nonsense..
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by 7bucklife: 6:36am On Sep 17, 2023
U don't even sound like a 40 or mid 4p year old man.stop lying teenager

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by JASONjnr(m): 6:37am On Sep 17, 2023
Why did you decide for your sister to go to school at 50yrs?

Why didn't you establish her or set her up completely?

Isn't she married at that age to have responsibilities of her own?

Because I really don't understand your eagerness to send your elder sister to school when you could set a business for her to be earning from.

At her age, academic isn't what she need, but a good source of income. She would make money and decide to go to school or chose to buy properties around as most ladies do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by duduade: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2023
Good

You have really shalaye your part

We need her to come shalaye her part

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by gaby(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2023
The problem is you trying to overcompensate for all the hard times and trying to further extend living this overcompensation through your sister's life in the guise of making things soft for her.

My brother...this life na per head.

Live your own as best as you can and allow other people (including your siblings) to live their own.

You can't dictate or decide someone else's destiny along the lines of yours or else you'll get sucked into that same person's way/destiny.

Life na wisdom.

Most times we think we owe people a duty of care not knowing we are not helping them or setting ourselves up for destruction.

I am and have been a victim of this but still working on a daily at trying to make a sense of it all.

The life matter no be one day business...

You want your sister to do the same professional course that you did at 50 to be all set at 56. Did she ask you for this or you are just trying to duplicate your life/destiny upon her?

You want force your sister into your dream? Anything wey you see make you collect oh.

Allow people be and do themselves...eveeybkdy dey different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by michlins(m): 6:51am On Sep 17, 2023
This is super story.......
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by McLizbae: 6:57am On Sep 17, 2023
Eh doin make sense at all!
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by chatinent: 7:00am On Sep 17, 2023
Person you go open provision store for from far away, na you gum body dey form over love na. So the poverty mind is more like “na my brother, mah collect my own now e reach me.“

You really need to understand that the big care you receive most times is because of how much you benefit that person.

We are serially selfish as humans.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by MrsTwrite(f): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2023
Tell it to her face that you're fully aware of her plans.
Some family members can be very ungrateful sometimes.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by izonborn098(m): 8:25am On Sep 17, 2023
50years old not married. You don't open business for her so that she can take care of her needs.
Who knows if it's frustration that make her have that dirty mind..
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Gadafii: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2023
Leave the internet and go follow your sister talk, because I don’t understand the rationale behind this post
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Blingchic(f): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
of all the things that never happened, this is number one
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by world123: 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
Settings365:

My elder sister is close to 50 yrs. I'm in my mid forties. We had a very rough and terrible past that I survived only by the grace of God. Only God sustained us. Due to the problems of polygamy and parental separation, we suffered too much. But the suffering was ten times more for me as a man.

We were abandoned by our parents. At many times I wanted to commit suicide but God didn't allow me. More than 20 times I wanted to, but God saved me.

I finished my university about ten years ago. I actually slept under the bridge here in the city for some years before I struggled to get to the university, doing all kinds of menial jobs and hustling. Even after my university the suffering still continued. But later God was faithful to me and showed me great mercy and blessing.

Now I decided my sister should also go to school. It doesn't matter her age, there's no age limit in education. So I got her the school and she's just started and about to complete year one in the university. I believe that even if she finishes school at 56, it's better than not going at all. So all things being equal, she should finish at 56 since it's a professional course of 6 or 7 yrs.

So I bought another car and got another driver to be driving her to school everyday for her lectures. She's studying a professional course that everyone wants to study, the same course I studied.

But after about eight months of my driver driving her to school to and fro, she started plotting and planning with one of my drivers on how to sell my car and claim that it was snatched by armed robbers at gunpoint. I was shocked because she didn't know I was monitoring her.

This is despite all the allowance she got from me and all other things of her needs well taken care of.

But unknown to her, I actually bought that car for her, to be given to her after one year, or if after one year the car is no more befitting, my plan is to buy her another one and give it to her as a surprise gift. That would be when she finishes year one. Just 4 months before the end of her year one, she started misbehaving and planning to sell my car at my back. Can you imagine this??

So I've collected my car back and stopped the driver from driving her to school henceforth. Let her enter bus to school. But I will not stop sponsoring her in school. But she will never have the luxury of being driven to school anymore.

Have I done wrong by collecting my car back and making her enter bus to school??

And even the car I planned buying for her, she will never get it anymore. Never. Let her go out there and struggle and know how it feels to make money in this harsh economy. If not for the fact that she's my blood sister, I would have stopped her education entirely because of this treacherous behavior, but I won't stop sponsoring her since she has already started. But I will keep her at arm's length until I see a reasonable change of behavior in her.

Let me know what you think, but I will only read the comments, I won't have the time to reply anyone.

Thank you.

Super story
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by austine4real(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
Help others without expecting anything in return that way u will live long

Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by zed7: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
Obviously a cooked up story. However, let's humour you. Sending a 50 year old woman to school in Nigeria and sponsoring her is misplaced priority.

At that age she should be more focused on being independent. Open up a business or something. At 50, you've lived about 60 percent of your life, nobody should be spoon feeding you.

If you're so rich and don't know what to do with money, help her get an adopted child if she has no kids and then train that kid. She'll need someone to take care of her at old age.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by UnfairLife7(m): 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2023
Let her know you're aware of her plan selling the car but still go ahead and buy the car for her.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Sanguine(f): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
michlins:
This is super story.......

...A life of strife and sorrow... Where the fish strives to live and die of thirst... 😁🥱
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by frozen70(f): 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2023
Settings365:

Thank you.

You did well with all your intensions for her and how you now change the game for her

The issue now is that, since you have known that you meant well for her but she has another thing in mind

You have to be extremely watchfull and stop giving her a soft landing spot so that she can't read your mind

I prefer she doesn't understand you
Than her knowing you and predicting your next move

Whenever she makes demands, give it to her after 24/72hrs so that she will assume you don't have it

Dont be to close to discuss any personal things with her but don't be far so that you can watch her from any any angle

Look, you are not owning her anything
So whatever you are doing for her is a privelage not a right

If she is not married yet advice her to go into a relationship and introduce a man of her choice to her

That will give her a little sense
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:37am On Sep 18, 2023
For her going to school is pointless.you like wahala o..why not open business for her to be self sustainable.wetin she wan use the certificate do after school.even pple wey dey 30 years no dey qualify for some jobs anymore.talkless of she doing a professional course.you made a bad decision for her to go to school.life no be by school anymore esp in this country.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Jewessgratitud3: 5:59am On Sep 18, 2023
You no see small and innocent pikin train for school na old Mama wey fit sell you collect change you go put hand for her matter. Imagine the kind of thing she did to you ..

Better cut her off and send her far away from you cos someone who can plan such a thing can eliminate you to take over your properties. Trust no one. Stay far from her. The next thing she'll target might be your life. God forbid.
Re: Why Are People So Ungrateful?? Why?? by Sanguine(f): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
You 'decided' your fifty year old elder sister should go to school? I laugh o.
Is she a baby that you're deciding things for her? Did she tell you she wants to go to school?
Some people like wahala Sha.

If you're kidnapped anytime, just know she planned it. 🤷
The heart of man is desperately wicked... Na only you know your church mind.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Oral-b Toothpaste / Share Your Holiday Memories! / What Is The Probability That A Fourth Wife Who Has A Bad Behaviour Will Inherit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.