Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:43 PM

Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? (452 Views)

I Stabbed My Husband In Self Defense - Policewoman (Photos) / Police Tie Robber Released From Prison & His Gang Caught With Guns / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by YoungNoble01: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Given the level of insecurity and the law which prohibits individuals from the possession of firearms in Nigeria, how can law abiding citizens protect themselves when under attack?

An ordinary person is no match using a knife against a criminal with a gun.

Considering a situation where such criminal is already on scene, you can see that the response time of security personnels would not even be in the picture.

Does the law want us to sit still and die or submit to the mercies of these criminals?

In the meantime, we may need to start learning Karate, Kung fu, or Taekwando cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by Bliss24: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have said it times and times again

No law prevent a private citizen from owning a single barrel, double barrel semi automatic rifle

All you have to do is get permission from the commissioner of police, do mental test, do eye test and pay less than 20k for lisence

All Vigilantee and OPC guiding my Residential area carry their riffle, Landlords in the area own riffles

2 Likes

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by fa4dmike(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
If u say you be karate master, you come go fight area boy with stick and cutlass, he must to scatter your head

1 Like

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by Wawelexy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
An angry 6years old boy with a gun is 100 times more powerful than a harmless adult black belter...

Don't try to show stunts in front of someone threatening to kill you with a gun undecided

1 Like

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by TyWong: 6:28am On Jul 02
Self-defense without guns is something you can do effectively. It's all about being prepared and feeling confident in your ability to protect yourself. One great way to start is by taking some basic martial arts classes. Martial arts like Krav Maga or Jiu-Jitsu teach you practical techniques for defending yourself using your body's natural abilities. These skills not only give you physical tools but also boost your confidence and awareness.

In addition to martial arts, there are other useful tools you can consider. Pepper spray, for instance, can be a good option for creating distance between you and an attacker. It's compact and easy to carry, making it a practical choice for many people. Another option is a personal alarm, which can alert others around you if you find yourself in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by Bazztadewu: 12:14pm On Jul 02
I used to watch krav maga daily,but I stopped abeg.i no want any more scars on my body. Im fully tinted and I'm always on top speed.i move out 5am,come back 9pm. Don't mingle with wrong persons and also don't give a fuc k bout anyone.soldier don slap me,soldier don talk nicely to me,police bullion van don point gun at me for overtaking, civil defence don dent me taya. Who am I. I am on top speed .no v3x if I splash water on your body

1 Like

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by danvon(m): 2:22pm On Jul 02
Hide, run or submit

Most criminals in Nigeria are not psychopaths, they are just there for your money and 90% of the time they will not kill you once they have it.

Ps: Karate, boxing, taekwondo etc. Won't help you in a street fight, let alone a life or death situation.

1 Like

Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by iamme1234(m): 7:36am On Jul 03
Stay away from gun
Nigerian govt won’t give u single or double barrel gun to protect your self.
If you insist go ahead and get a gun
Once you are arrested
You will be charged with unlawful possession of firearms
Means you are forever gone.
If you are licensed to own a gun
Only pump action rifle would be handed over to you
Know this and know peace.

quote author=Bliss24 post=125994758]I have said it times and times again

No law prevent a private citizen from owning a single barrel, double barrel semi automatic rifle

All you have to do is get permission from the commissioner of police, do mental test, do eye test and pay less than 20k for lisence

All Vigilantee and OPC guiding my Residential area carry their riffle, Landlords in the area own riffles[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christian Minor Girl Abducted, Likely Raped, Forced To Convert To Islam / IPOB Lawyer 'ejiofor' Threatens To Drag Oraifite Pg,igwe To Court Over Defamatio / See The Reason Why George Stinney Was Kíll With Electric Shock At The Age Of 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.