Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,252 members, 7,970,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:24 PM

Communications Is Key, Thoughts By; Ayotomiwa Ayodele - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Communications Is Key, Thoughts By; Ayotomiwa Ayodele (176 Views)

Intergenerational Gaps; Building The Collapsed Bridge By Ayotomiwa Ayodele. / Teary Thoughts By Aroyewun Abimbola Tirmidhi / Random Thoughts By Fecta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Communications Is Key, Thoughts By; Ayotomiwa Ayodele by Midefash: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2023
Effective Communication is so key to all aspects of human existence, on fact, we can say it is the next thing after life. All creatures on earth communicate either verbally or non-verbally.

Most times we create gaps and give room for assumptions when our thoughts, intentions and views are not properly communicated either as an individual, group, government or entity.

Communication is incredibly important in dealing with conflicts and misunderstandings. I tend to overthink things and have a vivid imagination but the ability to always keep the lines of communication open with the people I care about helps a lot.

Sometimes, we react too quickly without giving others a chance to explain themselves, leading to unnecessary disagreements and avoidable grudges. We might even believe we're right when we're wrong due to a lack of communication.

Often, we expect others to understand our feelings without communicating with them, which is not realistic. You have to know that many fights and disagreements in relationships stem from poor communication habits.

While some might say someone around them talks too much, most actually value clear and honest explanations in the real sense. For me, I want to be informed if I've hurt someone or people in whatever way so I can take full responsibility for my actions and adjust where necessary or iron things out maturely.

Without communication, relationships (not just romantic here; it could be business, family, professional and co) cannot be built or sustained, and understanding cannot be established. It's essential to communicate to make amends and address issues properly. If you fail to do so, you can't be mad at the other person for not doing what you expect of them.

Misunderstandings can arise when two people see things differently, but discussing each other's perspectives can resolve the situation.

I understand that not everyone is a good communicator, but I rely on both speaking and writing to express myself effectively in any situation that demands communication. You can learn to do the same.

Yes, I agree many times our words can be misinterpreted, but it is better than being quiet and not saying anything at all.

Learning to resolve issues through communication is crucial in all relationships, whether it's with family, friends, spouse, partner, or acquaintances goes a long way to resolve conflicts, solve puzzles and avoid long-term anger. It gives room for peace and clarity.

Make proper and clear communication a habit.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

CLOSED / KALHITA ( Continuation ) / Living With The Billionaire's Heirs (CHAPTER 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.