Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,745 members, 7,892,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

KALHITA ( Continuation ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (126 Views)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) by DestinyBA1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13
KALHITA (continuation)
After my prayer, I stood up to go to Mrs Uvote shop. When I got closer, I saw people crowding at Mrs Uvote restaurant. I wondered what she has cooked that gathered such number of people. Getting more closer I started hearing “ kill her, kill her”. I was wondering who they wants to kill, maybe they just caught a criminal. When I got there, there was no way for me to see through what was happening inside. So I asked a lady what was happening. She told me that they found a human part in Mrs Uvote kitchen. A customer who went to the backyard to urinate mistakenly kicked a bucket, when he turned, he saw the human body that was in the bucket, so he raised an alert out of fear and people gathered together to question Mrs Uvote.
KALHITA: So who brought the human parts for her?
She has refused saying anything about what has happened. Meanwhile the king and his cabinet are on their way here, they want to banish her from our community.
I was left in deep thought, did Mrs Uvote actually did this or it’s a plan to ruin her image and stop her business. I thought of many other incidents that has happened in the community where other women were being humiliated in different occasions. I cried bitterly because I was hungry and never knew where else to go. At the end of day, Mrs Uvote was being banished from NDIMUGU community.

People cried for her, men and women, children and the old ones.
Things like this happen when a man has asked a lady to go to bed with him and she refuses, he will then look for a way to punish her, in most cases, the woman is helpless, and the man is has a say in the community. Maybe his rich or he’s part of the cabinet in the community.
This left me thinking for days, how to stop this marginalization amongs us. We are one people, in the same community, so why are women being treated so badly. We don’t have access to school, our young girls are being given to marriage by force.

After the incident that happened to Mrs. Uvote, I came across a man in the community, he has so much influence in the community that wherever he goes, people praises him. I met him on my way from Mrs. Uvote restaurant. I was sitting close to the road when he was passing by, he looked at me in a very awful way and I got scared, I wondered why he was staring at me in that manner, my instinct told me that he wants to make his wife, which got me afraid the money and I rebuked him. He came closer and noticed that I was frightened by his presence. I thought of running but I had no atom of strength within me.
KUTI: Hey young lady, it’s everything alright with you?
KALHITA; Argh!!!! Yes sir I’m fine ( short of words)
KUTI: You look worried, who are you?
KALHITA: Umm I’m fine tho just hungry sir! My name is Kalhita, late Tataki daughter.
KUFI: ( Hissed) oh nice, I heard your mother is dead as well, who’s catering for you then, and why are you sitting here alone by this time?
KALHITA: Yes sir, I lost my mother some weeks ago. I’m just here, I’m hungry. I don’t know where and who to meet right now. Please sir help me, I will
KUTI( interrupts): it’s fine, stand up, come with me.
I was happy to an extent but was also afraid, I never knew where he was taking me to. At last we arrived at his place. Mr. Kuti’s house is one of the finest in Ndimugu community. My heart was panting, fear descended on me, I turned around, I didn’t see anyone in his house. I thought of different things at the same time. Fear swept my feet, I thought of rape, sacrifice, my heart left me, then suddenly I saw his wife who was looking like a maid, she came and bowed before her husband. I was lost in thought again, why will a man’s wife be looking this way, not just an ordinary man, an influential and powerful man in the community, of a truth, women were being treated so badly in Ndimugu community. Mr. Kuti instructed her to serve me a meal. I ate the food in sorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Find Magazines That Accept Short Stories In Nigeria? / Shades Of My Grey / I Need A Game Story Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.