Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,198 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

KALHITA ( Continuation ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (177 Views)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) by DestinyBA1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 21
KALHITA ( continuation)
It was another day for Onita to go for her class, I went with her. But her teacher Mr. Uwemo refused me from joining them.
MR. UWEMO: No ! Onita how could you ?
ONITA: How could I what ?
See she’s my friend and I take her like a sister. If she doesn’t join me , I’m not gonna continue with the class again
MR.UWEMO: What will your father say if he finds out?
ONITA: And who’s going to tell him? You ?
KALHITA : Umm ! I think.....
ONITA( interrupts): Kalhita you are not saying anything here. And to you Mr, if she’s not joining me, then get ready to loose your job.
MR.UWEMO: It hasn’t gotten to that Oni, alright let her join you so far you make sure that your father doesn’t find out. You know what will happen, you both are ladies.
ONITA: Don’t worry Mr. I’m in control here.
She looked at me with a hug smile.
We started the class but it was as if I wasn’t picking up anything that was going on. I was lost like a lamp who’s in search of its way back home. Onita noticed it and promised to teach me more when we get home.
Of a truth, I found learning so interesting and fun. I came to realize that for a nation or group of people to witness rapid and steady change of greatness, send them to school. Education is the best investment a man can make for his family, when he’s gone , the children will reap it. A people with illiterates every can’t see the light of the world. I started imagining things I never thought about in my entire world. I remembered one of our classes where Mr. Uwemo talked about electricity, the cars in the world, television and other innovations that people out there enjoy and have access to because of education. He talked about the mobile phone which gives you access to communicate with people wherever they are. He said with the mobile phone, you can make researches, make friends and reach out to others anytime any day. Oh my gosh, am I dreaming?
Education!!!!! I’ll get to the end of it and make a change.

(1) (Reply)

Her Stepmother Cursed Her / What Exactly Does A Ghostwriter Do? / Readers Today, Leaders Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.