Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,712 members, 7,892,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

KALHITA ( Continuation ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (151 Views)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) / KALHITA ( Continuation ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KALHITA ( Continuation ) by DestinyBA1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19
KALHITA ( Continuation )
I pleaded with Lita Mr. Kuti’s son to stop what he was doing, he didn’t. I was really molested, beaten by him and injuries were all over my body.
Some minutes later after the incident, Mrs. Kuti came back home and I reported to her, but she was helpless as well. Men were considered superior over women in every ramifications of life. I had no alternative than reporting to Mr. Kuti, who in return supported his son and threatened to chase me out of his house if I ever tell anyone of what happened.
But in all of that, I found love and friendship with Onita, Mr. Kuti’s only daughter. Mr. Kuti loves her so much that he does anything she want. Because women were not allowed to attend the village school, Mr. Kuti employed a teacher for Onita. He comes everyday to teach Onita English and other subjects. Because of our love and friendship, she was open and honest with me, she told me things her father does with other rich men in the community. The rituals they perform, the injustice, favoritism, and other illegal activities they carry out.
One thing Onita really emphasized on was a case that took place in Ndimugu community. A family of six girls were being raped and burnt in their house by a well known terrorist who once terrorized the entire community and the neighborhood as well.
When they caught Aazi, the terrorist, he bribed his way out from the community council and they told him to leave the community for now and come back in the next four or five years. Onita emphasized on the misogyny that was really going on in Ndimugu community. She wept so bitterly and I tried to console her.
After narrating her to me , I told her I want to join her in her school as well, she was mute for some times, she then looked at me and gave me a smile and said YES!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Tech And Lit Fusion / Professional Writing: How To Ace Writing In The Second Person Narrative / Copywriter/content Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.