Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,040 members, 7,883,604 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Engr Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu Debunks Detention By EFCC, Calls Rumour "Malicious" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Engr Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu Debunks Detention By EFCC, Calls Rumour "Malicious" (218 Views)

Kwara Commissioner, Suleiman Rotimi Bags Engineers Society's Award Nomination / Reno Omokri: Jonathan’s Reaction To Sowore’s Detention By Buhari Government / Iliasu Abdul-Rauf: 14 Girls Found Locked Up In Apartment In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Engr Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu Debunks Detention By EFCC, Calls Rumour "Malicious" by Jimsonjaat96(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2023
The immediate past commissioner for works and transports in Kwara state, Engr. Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu, has firmly debunked rumours of his detention by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

In a statement issued by his media aide on Tuesday, September 26, the commissioner dismissed the news as baseless and false, claiming it was fabricated by unscrupulous individuals.

The rumours had suggested that Hon. Rotimi was being held by the EFCC for questioning in relation to alleged financial improprieties to the tune of twenty billion naira (N20Bn) during his tenure as Commissioner. He's said to have been whisked away by EFCC men at the commission yesterday morning around 10am and he was not allowed to go home. However, according to his media aide, there is no truth to these claims.

"The purported news of Hon. Rotimi's detention by the EFCC is completely fake and malicious," the statement read. "He has never been invited by the EFCC for any questioning, and these rumours are nothing but a deliberate attempt to tarnish his reputation."

Engr. Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu served as the commissioner for works and transports in Kwara state, during his tenure, he was credited with spearheading various developmental projects that significantly contributed to the growth and infrastructural development of the state.

The commissioner's media aide further emphasized Hon. Rotimi's commitment to transparency, accountability, and good governance. He called on the public to disregard the baseless rumors and urged the media to verify information before disseminating it to the public.

"Engr. Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu remains focused on serving the people of Kwara state and contributing to its development. He is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of integrity and will not be distracted by unfounded allegations," the statement continued.

In the same development, he described the rumour as an attack on the integrity of the media.

"I love media and media practitioners. Theirs is a noble profession as the third realm of the state. However, when we are having rumours like this very one flying around, attacking personalities and maligning their images, we tend to query integrity of the media."
Re: Engr Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu Debunks Detention By EFCC, Calls Rumour "Malicious" by Kelf2016(m): 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2023
He's a thief and a liar, we have record that he is in Efcc net and we will release more details for daring to tell this lies
Re: Engr Suleiman Rotimi Iliasu Debunks Detention By EFCC, Calls Rumour "Malicious" by Jimsonjaat96(m): 10:04am On Sep 27, 2023
Kelf2016:
He's a thief and a liar, we have record that he is in Efcc net and we will release more details for daring to tell this lies

I dare you to post more details about his arrest if it's true.

You want me to take someone who hides behind a Nairaland account seriously? You can't even put your original details on the profile. I have taken a long time to study your post and I realized that you are anti-Kwara government. Check my profile and I'm traceable.

(1) (Reply)

My Visit To The IDP Camp At Durumi, Apo In Abuja / Man Arrested Over 1996 Murder Of Rapper Tupac Shakur / Breaking: Atiku’s Lawyers Receive Bola Tinubu’s Chicago State University Documen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.