Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:03 PM

There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ (147 Views)

Why Do Lions Sometime Eat Their Babies? / “No Serious Student Will Eat Three Square Meals” – UNICAL VC / The 20 To 5 Method Will Eat Your 16-hour Study Method For Lunch... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ by Penwielder: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2023
Before the guardians of the dear cliches lynch me, indulge me as I set out to explain my headline. Two biblical stories will help me achieve that.

An old, faithful priest of God woke up one morning to be confronted with a prophecy from the lips of his protege. "God has sworn to utterly wipe out your entire family line because you have failed as a father in bringing your sons to order. They have desecrated the sacred office of priesthood to which you've been called."

What did Eli, recipient of the bitter words of judgement, do in response to the pronouncement? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Man said, "He's the Lord; let Him do as He pleases."

A king, one of the most irreverent and wicked in the history of Israel, was also confronted with a prophecy of doom from the lips of God's fiery messenger, Prophet Elijah. On hearing the direful pronouncement, Ahab became sad, tore his clothes and put on sackcloth. What was the outcome? God had to resend Elijah back to him. "I've spoken and I can't change my word, but because you repented in sincerity, all I've pronounced against you won't happen in your time. It'll happen in your son's time."

Is God unfair? He let a terribly wicked king off the hook, but punished a priest whose only offence was in not reining his sons. Nope, God responded to them based on their own reactions. Eli, the priest, did nothing and the prophecy against him stayed. Ahab went all out to show his repentance, and the ordinance against him was delayed.

Isn't it the same way life treats us? To which school do you belong? The school of Eli, "The Que Sera Que Sera Gang– Whatever will be will be."? Those who have no fighting spirit at all; they submit to whatever is their lot in life, make no attempts, put no efforts and all they do is whine and complain about the injustice of life. They hold a grudge against Fate, seeing the successful as merely being lucky, and they're contented with whatever estates they occupy.

Or do you belong to the school of Ahab, the cake-eaters who still manage to keep their cakes? Those who understand that prophecies themselves are not set in stone and destinies too can be influenced by ambition, determination and unrelenting actions.

Picture life as one mean big bully. It feeds on your fear and thrives on your cowering attitude. Allow it, and it'll boss you around. But when you stop being a sissy and fight back, you might find out that inside that tough veneer is one coward trying not to show its weakness. In the final analysis, life gives us as output what we've first given as input. Life honors courageous fighters and enjoys bullying fearful, cringing folks.

To which of the schools do you belong?

#Penwielder
#ContentWriter
#GhostWriter
#PersonalDevelopmentEnthusiast
#SuccessAdvocate
#PsychologyBuff
Re: There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ by Sirmwill: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2023
Okay

Now

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun
Nlfpmod

All of you will not see this one now oo 🙄
Re: There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ by Sirmwill: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2023
Btw

Great words of Wisdom Mr Penwielder

If the fighting spirit is gone, the winning spirit is dead.

There must be a fight before there can be a win.

1 Like

Re: There Are Those Who Will Eat Their Cakes And Still Keep It❗ by Penwielder: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
Exactly, boss.

(1) (Reply)

Tutoriage.com Review / Over 35,000 students competing for only 8,000 bed spaces, UNILAG reveals / Justus & Louise Van Effen Excellence Scholarship At Delft University – Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.