Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,818 members, 7,889,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) (212 Views)

Crime Crackers Of Lagos (crime, Suspense, Tragedy) / Baby And Me - A Crime Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) by Timmywrites: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2023
CRIME CRACKERS OF LAGOS
Episode One

(A gathering of the 2020 graduating set of the Lagos Crime Crackers Academy in Victoria Island, The student president of the class steps on stage to unveil the name of the graduating set)

Kings: Its been quite a journey learning how to become detectives, now is the time to put all our learnings into real life activities of curbing crime in our society today. It is our final year in this academy, and we are opportune to have been chosen from the very many that did the screening examination. Every successful set has a nice and ringing name attached to it. Here we have the most anticipated (Pointing to covered board) activity of the year. The name of our Class. On the count of three, we unveil!. One!..... Two!!... Three!!! (Kings pulls down the silk covering the board). I present to you the Vanquishers!.

Students: Yeeee!!! (Cheers).

Dorothy: Duur, what a boring name.

Ritchie: At least be positive, Vanquishers means… (Dorothy interrupts)

Dorothy: And who told you I don’t the know the meaning of what the vanquishers is? The name doesn’t sit well with me.

Fela: It is not only about you anyway, it is about the whole class. Go Vanquishers!!! (Interrupts the conversation)

(The Dean of Lagos Crime Crackers Detective Moses steps on the podium)

Dean: Thank you everyone for the final year gathering, this year will be entirely different from all your years in this academy. You all have been divided into five groups, meaning three students per supervisor. You can now check it on the notice board when you are out of here. My advice to everyone is that, now you will be dealing with real criminals and murderers, don’t interrogate a suspect alone. Go with armed officers. And….

Ritchie: Blab la bla, It is getting boring, let’s go check the list.

Dorothy: Okay, I pray I am not in some clowns group. It will be annoying.

(Dorothy and Ritchie leaves the hall)

(Few hours later)

Detective Spark: (Enters the Dean Office) Good day sir.

Dean: Oh Spark, you are here. What again this time?

Detective Spark: I saw your mail.

Dean: Oh that? What about it?

Detective Spark: You said if I don’t make a five star project with my students this year, I will be sacked.

Dean: Yes, you know what Spark. You should have been sacked long ago by the board. You are worthless and useless to this academy. And I believe the board have had patience enough. If you don’t make the A grades with your students this year. You will be sacked. And I promise you that.

Detective Spark: (Sighs) but how do I do this with the kind of students you gave me?

Dean: What is wrong with them?

Detective Spark: They are all below average students, they are the bottom of their class. None of them has a 2.0 CGPA. How do I make a five star grades out of students like these ones.

Dean: Are you trying to tell me you work only with some particular set of students.

Detective Spark: No sir, but…

Dean: Then go make do with the ones you have been given and leave my office!.

Detective Spark: Hmmm…. Its okay. (Sadly leaves the office).

(As soon as he leave he encounters another Detective lecturers)

Detective Trisha: Spark, how are you doing?

Detective Spark: I am good.

Detective Trisha: You don’t look good, what is the problem?

Detective Spark: I said I am good, how is supervising going. Have you seen the list?

Detective Trisha: I have Nina.

Detective Spark: Wow, you are so lucky. She is one of the smartest students in the faculty.

Detective Trisha: Yes, the other two students are actually great students too.

Detective Spark: The Dean hates me so much, he gave me the bottom three students Their CGPA isn’t even up to 2.0. How do I become the next Dean of students with this set of students, How do I rack up a five star grade with these ones.
Detective Trisha: Then reject them, write a letter to the authorities that you don’t want them. This is very unfair.

Detective Spark: I will draft the letter as soon as possible.

Detective Trisha: This is intentional. He just doesn’t want you to become the next Dean of students. Simply because you didn’t support his ambition of the Faculty Dean last year.

Detective Spark: (Smiles) I will never support corruption. No matter what he does. He even threatened me with a sack letter, saying if I don’t make a five star with the students he gave me, I will be sacked.

Detective Trisha: (Whispers) He is planning on making Detective Dan the next Dean of students. I think that is what he promised him for Detective Dan’s loyalty last year. He gave him the top three in the class.

Detective Spark: Really? So you mean Ritchie, Dorothy and Luke are all under Detective Dan?

Detective Trisha: Yes, Everyone is pitching them to have the best year this time around. This is the first time all top three in the faculty are all under one supervisor. I have to go now.

Detective Spark: Okay, thank you. (Mutters some words to himself as he heads to his office).

(Few hours later)

( knock knock knock)

Detective Spark: Come in!

(Two boys and a girl steps in)

Kola: Good Morning sir…

Detective Spark: This is 2pm.

Kola: Sorry sir, Good Evening sir…

Detective Spark: I said the time is 2pm! (Shouts)

Alex: Good afternoon sir…

Detective Spark: What do you want?

Alex: We are your Project Students sir.

Detective Spark: (Quickly raises his head) There is a mistake somewhere I have three boys.

Alex: No sir, I am under your supervision sir.

Detective Spark: Who is Kola?

Kola: I am here.

Detective Spark: Fela?

Fela: Here sir, I am Fela.

Detective Sparks: Then Alex.

Alex: Call me Alex sir.

Detective Spark: Which Lady in this world bears Alex.

Alex: Me sir.

Detective Spark: I have had enough bad day already. What do you guys want?

Fela: We came to see our supervisor sir.

Detective Spark: (Sighs) You all can have your seat.

Fela: Thank you sir.

Detective Spark: What are the 7 basic rules of a detective?

(Students starts looking at themselves)

Detective Spark: That question is the simplest question an average student should know. (Brings out a file) This file right here will be submitted to the authorities tomorrow morning. I am rejecting all of you.

Fela: Why sir, you don’t even know us yet.

Detective Spark: Really? (Smiles) 1.7, 1.85, 1.87. Are your CGPA respectively. You don’t even know the seven basic rules of a detective. And you are in your final year!. Tell me, how do I cope?

Alex: We will make you proud sir. You can believe in us.

Kola: Hmmm… (Burst into laughter)

Detective Spark: What is funny?

Kola: I am sorry sir.

Detective Spark: Leave my office. Now! (Shouts)

(All three students quickly moves out)

Alex: Why did you laugh? You have made him angry now.

Fela: See, I don’t think we are with the right supervisor

Kola: I am sorry for doing that, but it is funny how we couldn’t answer the basic rules of a detective.

Alex: Our combination won’t work. We are unserious students. We should not be together. Unless we want him dead.

Fela: So guys, what do you think we can do to appease him.

Kola: I have an idea.

(8am the next morning)

(Heard a knock on the door)

Detective Spark: Yes come in.

Kola: Go in.

Alex: You enter first.

Detective Spark: If you don’t want to come in, please don’t come and disturb me ever again.

Alex: (Enters holding a wrapped gift) Sir we are sorry for yesterday.

Detective Spark: (Surprised) You guys brought me a gift?

Fela: Yes sir, we promise not to laugh ever again.

Director Spark: (Burst into laughter) You guys are the craziest set of students I have worked with.

Kola: Sir, please don’t laugh too much. Researchers says Laughing is highly contagious. I am trying very hard not to… (Burst into laughter)

Alex: (Burst into laughter) Sorry sir. I think he has PBA.

Detective Spark: What is PBA?

Alex: Pathelogical laughter and crying.

Detective Spark: This is the first time I will be hearing that. Nice to know. You guys can have your seat.

(Detective Spark unwraps the package)

Detective Spark: Wow! How do you guys know I love bread. Especially the toasted ones.

Fela: We did our research sir.

Detective Spark: Really? What else do you guys know about me?

Alex: You really hate water? You don’t like swimming.

Detective Spark: I really hate swimming.

Kola: And the funniest of them all, you hate studying and being too serious.

Detective Spark: You guys really did a great job on that.

Kola: We have that in common. We also hate studying and being too serious. Arrghh, very boring and……

Detective Spark: Shut up! I knew it from your CGPA. Because I don’t like studying doesn’t mean I don’t study or I will get a CGPA that is as low as 1.80

Kola: We are sorry sir.

Detective Spark: Anyway, the bread is good. Who bought it.

Kola: I made it myself sir, with the help of others.

Detective Spark: You guys live in the same place?

Kola: No, I called everybody and we met in my place. Alex brought the bread and Fela brought eggs and sardines. Then we all made it together.

Detective Spark: Wow, you guys didn’t know the 7 basic rules of a detective. But you just exhibited two important rules right here.

Fela: Wow, which one sir?

Detective Spark: Don’t tell me you guys still don’t know the 7 basic rules of a detective?

Alex: Hmmmm…. We tried….

Detective Spark: Arggh.

Kola: (Still laughing)

Detectiv Spark: Can you not stop laughing Kola.

Kola: Sorry sir.

Detective Spark: (Smiles) I think I like you guys.

Alex: Really?

(All three were happy as the cheered together)

Detective Spark: You connected each other so swift to make a decision of saying sorry in a grand style, you made a good and in depth research about me and what I would really cherish, you then took your time to bring you yourselves together to make it yourself. You know your CGPA doesn’t matter in this phase. Good team work is number one.

Fela: Yes!

Detective Spark: And you have to study.

Fela: Arrggh (Sad)

Detective Spark: Take this book. (Gives them a heavy text book of crime) Study it and get back to me tomorrow.

Alex: Tomorrow?

Detective Spark: Yes. You can leave now. Thanks for the bread. I think it is time to start work.

Kola: But sir…

Detective Spark: Tomorrow Kola!. Tomorrow.

Kola: Hmmm… (Sighs) Okay sir.

(They all leave the office)

Alex: How the hell does he expect us to finish this big textbook today, is that not wickedness?

Fela: Even after the bread we made. I think he is still angry.

Kola: Wait guys, tonight is the semester’s welcome party.

Fela: Oh my God!!! That is very true. Damn! Heaven knows I am not missing that party for no reason.

Alex: And the book?

(Luke, Dorothy and Ritchie interrupts)

Dorothy: Look who we have here. Alex Alex.

Alex: Dorothy, wait guys, don’t tell me all three of you are with the same supervisor?

Luke: Definitely, detective Dan.

Ritchie: And I think it will be criminal to put all three of you under the same supervisor.

Fela: I don’t know what they were thinking. Its crazy.

Dorothy: Wow, that’s a suicide mission for your supervisor.

Kola: And what does that mean?

Dorothy: What do you all have to offer (Laughs)
Fela: Hey, hold it right there, brains alone are not enough to be a smart detective. Team work is number one.

Alex: Yes, teamwork. And we got that.

Luke: (Smiles) Funny losers I anticipate to see cases you will use your teamwork to crack. Are you guys coming for the party tonight?

Kola: We were just talking about that, we don’t think so.

Ritchie: Really? That is shocking.

Alex: (Brings out the book) Our supervisor gave us this to study and bring back tomorrow morning. It will be a loong loong night for us.

Luke: Well, goodluck with that then. I have gone through this book four times, and I can tell you all what is in it.

Fela: Really? So there is no need to study then.

Luke: Study guys, we also have work to do.

Ritchie: We have to go now. See you guys some other time.

Dorothy: My regards to your supervisor, Losers FC (Laughs)

(They all leave the scene)

(In the evening, Detective Spark’s house)

Detective Spark: Hey honey. (Kisses Perry on the forehead)

Perry: (Looking sad) The case is getting more complicated. He might go to jail for the rest of his life.

Detective Spark: Perry, I already told you my hands are tied right now. There is nothing I can do. Get him an attorney a good lawyer or something. I am not a lawyer!

Perry: Is it because he is not your son?

Detective Spark: Try understand me, my step son is also my son.

Perry: Then do something, act like he is your son!

Detective: We have warned him countless times would he listen? No!

Perry: So you believe Joe will do such thing.

Detective Spark: There is a video evidence Perry. Don’t be petty. (Pours a glass of juice)

Perry: I cant believe you are looking me in the eyes and accusing our son of committing such heinous crime.

Detective Spark: Perry, I had a hell of a day at the office today. I have to rest.

Perry: How dare you Spark! How dare you. (Hits his chest)

Detective Spark: Perry please get out of the way.

Perry: And what if I don’t.

Detective Spark: (Picks his car keys) I will go back to the school and sleep there. (Picks his car keys and heads for the door.

Perry: (Sobbing) Spark, you know Joe won’t do such thing. You know it.

(Detective Spark leaves without looking back)

Perry: Spark!!!!! (Sits down bowing her head)

(8pm at Alex place)

Alex: God, these pages are way too much, how can we cover 179 pages in just a night.

Fela: Look guys, its getting hot at the party. Its trending already. (Looking at his smartphone)

Kola: We have to study guys, we can’t afford to get rejected by detective spark.

Alex: But the pages are way too much. (Phone rings) Hey, who is this?

Luke: Its Luke, where are you! (Background is noisy)

Alex: I can’t hear you its noisy there.

Luke: (Louder) This is Luke where are you!!!

Alex: Oh, Luke. Are you at the party?

Luke: Yes, you are not here.

Alex: I told you we have to study.

Luke: You guys can show up. What will the party be like without Alex the party rocker. This place is on fire.

Alex: I know but I have to study Luke.

Luke: Show up, Kings is here with me, he would like to see you.

Alex: The same Kings?

Luke: Yes, he is here with me.

Alex: Wow, I am on my way!!!! (Drops the call)

Fela: What are you up to? We are not done studying.

Alex: Luke just said Kings is at the party and he wants to speak with me.

Kola: The same Kings?

Alex: Yes, are you guys surprised?

Fela: I thought you are done with this guy, he dumped you.

Alex: No, he didn’t. We had a little disagreement and this party might just be that special place to get him back. I am on my way. No one is going with me?

Fela: He dumped you.

Alex: Whatever.

Kola: Someone will have to answer detective spark’s questions tomorrow. I have to study this.

Alex: Okay, if you guys won’t go with me. I will go myself. Where are your car keys?

Fela: You and I know you can’t see clearly at night. It is not advisable to drive alone.

Alex: It’s just few kilometers from here I will be fine.

Fela: Okay, if we wrap this up quickly we will meet you at the party. (Hands over the car keys to Alex)

Alex: Thank you! (Takes the key and ran outside)

(Some minutes later)

Fela: (Snoring) (Phone rings)

Kola: Fela, your phone is ringing (Taps him)

Fela: (Wakes up) Its Alex.

Kola: Alex? Why will she call us again she just left us. Pick it.

Fela: (Picks the call) Alex. Alex. What is happening? Alex talk.

Alex: Fela, I just killed someone. I just hit someone I think he is dead. I think he is dead!!!.

Episode two loading…….

Certified Author: Ayeni Timilehin Ayomide
Re: Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) by Timmywrites: 3:49pm On Jul 12
CRIME CRACKERS OF LAGOS
Episode Two
Alex: Fela, I just killed someone. I just hit someone I think he is dead. I think he is dead!!!.

Fela: Alex, calm down. Just calm your nerves down and tell me what really happened.

Alex: (Shaky voice) So, on my way to the party. Out of nowhere this weird looking strange man came out of the woods and bumped into me. I couldn’t see him clearly because of my glasses. Before I could realize he was down in front of the jeep. I hit him so bad Fela. I think he is dead.

Fela: Oh my God! Is he dead?

Alex: How will I know? I didn’t wait to check his pulse. He must have died by now. I think I killed someone Fela. I am a murderer.

Fela: Where are you right now?

Alex: Behind the catholic church.

Fela: We will be there right away. Just stay there don’t let anyone see you.

Kola: What is the problem?

Fela: Alex hit someone. I think the person is dead.

Kola: F*ckkk… we warned her.

Fela: She is at the catholic church, lets quickly meet her there.

Kola: Okay. Quick.

(Fela and Kola quickly rushed outside)

(They got to the catholic church and found Alex in the car really nervous and shaky)

Fela: (Hits the window) Alex open up.

Alex: (Quickly opens the car doors) Fela I killed him I killed him! It wasn’t intentional.

Kola: Shuush, you didn’t kill anybody. It is risky to be here I will drive us home. (Phone rings) It is Detective Spark.

Alex: Oh my God, why is he calling at this hour?

Fela: Pick the call.

Kola: Hello sir.

Detective Spark: Where are you?

Kola: Hmmm… We are at home sir.

Detective Spark: We? Do you three live together?

Kola: No sir, we are actually studying together.

Detective Spark: I need you to get me something. I am currently in school I will be sleeping over.

Kola: Is everything okay sir?

Detective Spark: Everything is fine. I need you to get me a bottle of alcohol.

Kola: Really?

Detective Spark: Can you do that?

Kola: Definitely sir.

Detective Spark: I will be expecting. (Hangs up)

Fela: What did he say?

Kola: Something is not right. Detective Spark wants a bottle of alcohol.

Fela: Is he in school?

Kola: Yes.

Fela: By this time?

Kola: I don’t know what it is, but definitely something is wrong.

Alex: I think we should all go together.

Kola: Why?

Alex: Luke called me and expected me to be at the party, I was on my way to the party when I ran into this boy. Surely I am a prime suspect. (Fela interrupts)

Fela: If we all spend the rest of the night with detective spark, then we have a testimony that we were not at the party but in the school.

Alex: Exactly, we even have a witness. Detective Spark.

Fela: Brilliant.

(Some hours later)

Detective Spark: (Drinking hard) Why is life so mean to me.

Kola: How sir?

Detective Spark: The dean refused to give me my promotion even though I am due for it. Instead he gave me the three worst students of the set and threatened to sack me if I don’t make a five star with them, who does that?

Fela: Sometimes, life needs to be mean at us so that we can really mean business.

Detective Spark: And what is wrong with Alex, she has been quiet. Its unlike her.

Kola: She has cold. But sir, you haven’t told us why you are sleeping over in your office.

Detective Spark: Kola, Marriage is like a game of luck. You choose it wrong you might pay with your life. You choose the right, you will forever be glad with life. My wife is the problem. She would kill me.

Fela: Why?

Detective Spark: Do you all know Joe? The upcoming music star.

Kola: Oh yes. The rapist.

Detective Spark: Joe is my step son.

Fela: What? The same Joe?

Detective Spark: His father and my wife divorced some years ago. Before we got married. I know the case is very hard to prove. But… I believe Joe was robed. Joe won’t do such thing.

Alex: There is video proof.

Detective Spark: Of what? Joe hitting the lady. Just a 7second video. I know it is not right to hit a lady no matter what. But something is still not right. I believe a lot is missing in this story.

Kola: So what does your wife want from you?

Detective Spark: She wants me to prove Joe’s innocence.

Fela: How? You are not his attorney. You are just a detective.

Detective Spark: And what is a detective’s job?

Alex: To crack cases.

Kola: Then present to the law.

Detective Spark: So definitely, with your definitions. The detective produces the finished products, the lawyers just package it and make it sellable.

Fela: Hmmmm… True. Are you thinking of getting your hands on the case?

Detective Spark: I can’t. I might lose my job as a lecturer in LCC. It will stain my reputation.

Fela: You might win the case.

Detective Spark: What if I lose?

Kola: So what are your plans?

Detective Spark: You guys will take up the case.

Alex: What? We?

Kola: Is this some sort of joke sir?

Fela: What do we even know.

Detective Spark: You know more than a lot.

Kola: But sir, this is a top case. One of the biggest at the moment. It will be a joke to make us take this case up.

Detective Spark: The next court hearing is next week Friday. You have exactly one week to prove Joe’s innocence. I will send mobile number of his attorney to your gmail. You should work with him.

Alex: One week? How is that even possible.

Detective Spark: (Phone rings) Hello, What? I will be right there! (Ends call)

Fela: What is the problem sir?

Detective Spark: The Dean’s son, Kings was involved in a hit and run situation. He is currently battling his life in the state hospital. I just got the information now.

Kola: Oh my God. Should we go with you?

Detective Spark: No, You have a case to crack. Go home and start working on it.

(Fela, Alex and Kola got home with Alex soaked up in tears)

Alex: So it was Kings. Oh my God. This is unbelievable. (Panting heavily)

Fela: This is crazy, it is bigger than we thought. The Dean’s son.

Kola: But wait a minute, didn’t Luke say Kings was at the party? Then how did he manage to get to that location.

Alex: I don’t know, I didn’t even see the person I hit. I just knew he wasn’t moving anymore. Then I ran off.

Kola: Damn, #prayforkings is trending already. This is big.

Alex: I am scared guys, I am scared. I don’t know what to do. Maybe I should turn myself in.

Fela: Stop Alex, Stop! There is no reason to be scared, we are all in this together. Nobody saw you, you are not even a suspect.

Kola: She is. She and Kings just broke up few weeks ago, they are not in good terms. Luke knew she was coming to see Kings at the party. Kings eventually saw you or not doesn’t count. Luke called you to the party to see your ex. And you were eager to see him.

Fela: But we have a witness, detective spark. We were with him all through the night.

Kola: That still doesn’t make Alex a less suspect.

Alex: But, what was he doing at the middle of the road at that particular moment? He looked scared and worried. I didn’t see his face well. But he was actually trembling. Like…

Kola: Like he was running from something?

Alex: Yes, more like running from someone.

(The next day In school)

Luke: (Ran towards Alex) You know what happened to Kings?

Alex: Yeah, I heard of it.

Luke: Did you guys see yesterday?

Fela: (Interrupts) No, we were on our way to the party when Detective Spark called us to his office.

Dorothy: Detective Spark? At that time of the night?

Kola: We were surprised too, but it seems he had a lot to do. He needed our assistance.

Ritchie: Well, Kings is in a very critical condition. He is not dead. But the Dean is so pissed and every hand is on deck. Every student and even lecturers are on this case. It will be a very big boost for anyone that successfully cracks this case.

Alex: Thank God he is fine, that is all that matters to me right now.

Dorothy: Are you sure? catching the culprit doesn’t also matter?

Fela: We all have different priorities, I hope you know.

Dorothy: (Chuckles) Okay, until then. But time slowly fades away, one day the truth will show up. The truth might be the end for some and might be the stepping stone for others.

Ritchie: Anyway, we have to leave now. We have to start preparing for this case.

Luke: See you all later. (They leave)

Alex: God, I don’t think I can take this anymore. I cant even look them in them eyes.

Kola: (Looks into Alex eyes) Alex, you cant give up now, just put yourself together, they are not as good as we think they are.

Fela: It is not about them, it is about the Dean, the whole school generally. Everybody is on this case. Even our supervisor.

Kola: (Phone rings) Hello sir.

Detective Spark: Meet me at the crime scene right now.

Kola: Yes sir. (End the call) Detective Spark wants us at the crime scene right now.

Alex: Oh my God. I pray this is not bad.

Fela: You just have to get yourself together. Don’t answer too many questions. We will be here to always protect you. (Hugs Alex).

(After some minutes, Fela’s car arrived the crime scene)

Detective Spark: This is a Hit and run crime, the culprit can be charged for murder or manslaughter. But fortunately and unfortunately. Kings is in a critical condition at the hospital. He was diagnosed to have a broken skull and rib. Now as detective, our jobs is to find the culprit.

Detective Dan: (Interrupts) I think the vehicle is a high jeep vehicle just like that one. (Points to Fela’s car). Most of the damages done was the waist rib, (Bends down) The tyre screeches too, this is a jeep tyre not a Salon car tyre.

Detective Spark: So, what are you trying to say?

Detective Dan: Nothing in particular, just giving your students some simple clue on what to look out for in this case. It is a happy world everything shouldn’t be about competition.

Detective Spark: You are in a competition if you registered for the tournament at all. Me and my students don’t have any interest in this case. We will leave the competition to you and other detectives.

Detective Dan: (Smiles) Till then. (Leaves)

Detective Spark: You guys are not investigating this case.

Fela: Why sir? Everyone is investigating it, it will give us a big edge if we successfully crack this case.

Kola: Yes sir, this case is big.

Detective Spark: I am not submitting any bid for this case. Joe’s case is bigger and more important.

Alex: But sir, that is way out of our league.

Detective Spark: You want to know what is way out of your league? Covering up a crime. That is way out of your league.

(Fela, Kola and Alex looked very surprised as they leave the scene)

Fela: I think he knows something.

Kola: I don’t think so.

Alex: Didn’t you hear what he said?

Kola: He is a detective, he is trying to get into our heads.

Fela: I think we are not acting well enough. He knows something is wrong. We have to step up our game if we really want to survive being caught.

Alex: What if Kings wakes up. He will definitely recognize the car that hit him.

Kola: True.

Fela: We can sell the car.

Kola: No, that will be too sudden.

Alex: Then we love-vendor the car. That way he wouldn’t recognize it. It was a fast hit. I don’t think he will remember describing it. Memories might just get back when he sees the car.

Kola: Cool idea.

Fela: I have this guy in town who is very good at pimping, I pray I still have his number.

Kola: So guys, I read up on Joe’s case. All fingers leads to this boy. I don’t know how we are supposed to get this boy out of jail in a week. What is detective spark thinking?

Alex: Why will someone strip us off a case that is relatable to us. And give us a case we don’t even have any idea about.

Fela: It would have been easier if we were allowed to investigate this case too.

Kola: It’s a matter of time Detective Dan and his students will crack this out. I just want you to be ready for them Alex, they will call you for questioning anytime soon.

(In Detective Dan’s class)

Detective Dan: It is a fact that assumptions plays the biggest role in a detective’s life. But assumptions won’t make you the best detective. Many of you see me as the best detective lecturer on campus, I accept that accolade…. (Alex Fela and Kola enters the class quietly)
Detective Spark: You are late to my class (Faces them)

Fela: We are sorry sir, we had a flat tyre.

Detective Dan: At what time does assumption works in a crime situation.

Kola: Sir?

Detective Dan: Don’t tell me to repeat myself, I believe you had me the first time.

(Class making funny gestures)

Fela: You assume when all facts are wrong.

(Class burst into laughter)

Detective Dan: I won’t blame you guys. You are three good friends both in reality and at the bottom of the class too.

(Class laughs again)

(After some hours class ends)

Luke: Alex, wait.

Alex: What is it?

Luke: Are you sure you didn’t see Kings at the party last night?

Alex: I wasn’t even at the party. If I was there you would have known. Why are you so inquisitive?

Luke: Detective Dan has just submitted the bid to investigate the case and it got approved. So I am really working on it. You wanna go out for lunch later today?

Alex: No, I will be very busy.

Luke: We can both look into the case later in the evening.

Alex: My supervisor didn’t submit any bid for the investigation. So definitely we are not interested in the case. All we are interested in is Kings health.

Luke: Okay then, see you later.

Alex: Wishing you the best in your investigations.

Fela: What did he ask you?

Alex: I don’t know how long I can hold on for Fela. Luke is on my neck.

Kola: (Interrupts) Guys, I have a clue on Joe’s case. We have to see Detective Spark now.

(At the Detective Spark Office)

Kola: Sir, another female model just revealed that Joe molested him in a hotel. This is the second charge.

Detective Spark: So?

Fela: Meaning it is very impossible to clearly get Joe out of this mess. Angelina is a top model she can’t make this up.

Detective Spark: Have you ever heard of the saying “Everyone has a price’’?

Alex: Sir, are you trying to say we should try to make out figures and manipulate them to cover a rapist and woman beater up?

Detective Spark: (Smiles) Doing this, and covering up a murder case. Which do you think is easier?

Kola: What do you mean sir?

Detective Spark: At exactly few minutes past 8pm., you got a call from Luke saying Kings would like to see you at the party. Alex, you took your keys left your study and even though you knew your sights were not too good. You still left. Some minutes later you called back that you had hit someone and don’t know if he is dead or not. That person you hit is Kings. And the culprit the whole LCC is looking for. Is sitting right here in front of me. She is my student.

Kola: God. (Shocked)

Alex: (Silence) My God. (Silently)

Fela: How do you know these things?

Detective Spark: Anyway, maybe you have forgotten I graduated with one of the most impressive grades during my Uni days. I am a brilliant detective. I knew all this even when you all were in my office that night.

Alex: (Covers her mouth in shock) Sir…

Detective Spark: You know one thing I admire, it’s your teamwork and resilient spirit to actually try to cover up such crime. And that is why I believe you guys can do anything. With this kind of teamwork. So, as a good detective of the law. What should I do?

Kola: Turn us in.

Detective Spark: Us? Only Alex was in the car.

Kola: Yes, but you are part of the crime if you try to cover it up. So we are also in it.

Detective Spark: Do you agree with him Fela?

Fela: Hmmm… I think yes. We are all in this together.

Detective Spark: As a detective, it is wrong not to turn you in. But let us take a look at it from a Supervisor’s angle. Is it right for a supervisor to turn his students in for attempted murder?

Fela: (Sighs) Hmm…

Detective Spark: I need an answer.

Alex: I don’t think it is.

Detective Spark: (Smiles) Strong girl. That is what you are Alex. Kings is in a very critical condition. Don’t blame yourself, it was just an accident.

Alex: Please don’t turn me in. Please.

Detective Spark: You have just one Ticket.

Kola: We will do anything sir.

Detective Spark: Prove Joe’s innocence in 6days.

Fela: (Sighs) Hmmm… This is crazy.

Alex: We will do it.

Fela: What?

Kola: Yes sir, we will prove Joe’s innocence. And if we do, do we have a deal?

Detective Spark: Sure, there is more to that story. But leave it to me.

Kola: Okay sir.

Detective Spark: The phone number of his attorney is in your mail already. Get across to him.

Kola: Okay sir.

Detective Spark: One more thing… The pimping of your car thing, it is a very bad idea. I am disappointed you all can agree to such decision. It will make you clear suspects. Play the game like you don’t care what happens after. I am a part of your team now. Don’t make decisions without me.

Episode Two Loading....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) by Timmywrites: 3:51pm On Jul 12
CRIME CRACKERS OF LAGOS.
Episode Three.
(Alex, Fela and Kola mumbled till they got into their car)

Fela: How the hell did he know all these things. It was only within the three of us.

Alex: I am as surprised. This is a very dirty game to play. I am so f*ckeeed!

Kola: Wait guys, the book.

Fela: Which book?

Kola: The one the detective gave us to study.

Fela: It is in my backpack.

Kola: Bring it out let me see it.

Fela: (Brings the book out) Here it is.

Kola: (Searching through the pages, then found a micro wired chip) Damn!!! He has been listening to our conversations all along.

Fela: Damn, we underrated Detective Spark. So he wired the book.

Alex: F*ckkk! He didn’t just give us the book to study, he gave us the book so he could study us.

Kola: Exactly. (Disconnects the microchip)

Fela: Well, our secret is out open. We need to know what is next, before everything gets complicated.

Kola: Everything is complicated already. It is no more in our hands.

Fela: I just got the mobile number of Joe’s attorney on my mail.

Kola: Let’s put a call through to him. It is our only way of escaping this mess.

(At Lawyer Insane office)

Lawyer Insane: So you are the detectives for this case?

Fela: Yes, we were sent by Detective Spark.

Lawyer Insane: Hmmm, Spark is a joke (Mumbles to himself)

Kola: I am Kola. And I think the earlier we start work on this case. The better.

Alex: I heard court hearing is on Friday, we have little or no time.

Lawyer Insane: That’s true. My name is Insane.

Kola: In what?

Lawyer Insane: Insane, Any problem with that?

Kola: (Burst into laughter) No, not at all.

Lawyer Insane: To be very honest I don’t know why Spark is doing this to his own step son. I don’t think you guys can handle this case.

Alex: Can we start working, a lot depends on this case. A lot more than you can ever think of.

Lawyer Insane: So, the allegations against Joe are very critical. With hard evidences. But for now the plan is….

Kola: (Interrupts) Can we see him?

Lawyer Insane: See who?

Kola: I mean can we see Joe one on one?

Lawyer Insane: Hmmm.. okay. When do you wish to see him?

Kola: Now.

(Some minutes later, they all went to the correctional facility Joe was kept in. Perry, Joe and the lawyer were there)

Perry: You are the ones my husband sent?

Alex: You must be Perry. I am Alex, it is nice meeting you. (Hands forward for a shake)

Perry: (Didn’t accept the handshake) What are your grades in school currently?

Fela: Hmm… Well we are lower division students.

Perry: Lower division students for christ sake. Is Spark mad!!! (Screams)

Kola: If you don’t believe in us, trust your husband. He sent us for a reason.

Perry: You don’t even know what is at stake.

Alex: Trust me Perry, what is at stake for us is crazier and bigger.

Joe: I am Joe. I believe this face is not a strange face to any of you.

Kola: I am Kola, and I will be asking a few questions that might help us on the case.

Joe: Okay.

Alex: We will need to have our privacy with you.

Perry: What do you mean?

Fela: We will need to be alone with him ma.

Perry: Are you stupid? Alone with him? I don’t think you know what you are doing at all.

Lawyer Insane: I am his lawyer I need to be here. You cant chase us out.

Joe: Mum, Insane… Leave them. Just five minutes.

Kola: Just five minutes we will be done.

Perry: Are you sure you want to do this without us.

Joe: I will be fine mum.

Perry: Okay then. Five Minutes. I hope Spark dies a painful death.

(Lawyer Insane and Perry leaves)

Joe: I didn’t do it.

Alex: I don’t believe you, but we must save you because that is our job.

Fela: You hit her, the video is there. It is a proof.

Joe: (Sighs) That video must have been longer than that, but no one is willing to understand. This is a set up. You guys need to make the world see that.

Alex: You have Mr or Lawyer Insane to do that. We are just here to provide contemplating evidences or maybe raw ones to prove your case.

Kola: Why do you think she will want to set you up.

Joe: We are not in good terms, so, there is a deal I and Angelina signed. The model. Angelina and I had a thing before. But we are no more together. But this deal made us cross path again. Sam my girlfriend wasn’t cool with it. She was so instrumental in me getting the deal done. But I wont leave millions of naira just because my girl was jealous.

Alex: So you didn’t back out of the deal.

Joe: Hell no, why will I back out. The company flew me and Angelina out of the country for a week vacation and tour. We flew same class, same hotel and most times we were in each other’s space making photoshoots and ads together. On our last night before coming back home, I drank too much so me and Angelina slept the same room. How this pictures got to Sam is what I cant explain.

Fela: Angelina just announced you harassed her once,

Joe: That is not true. She is still pained I dumped her, and this is an opportunity.

Alex: So how did Sam get you into this mess?

Joe: She showed me the video and started hitting me with some sort of objects, heavy objects. I tried to explain to her but she was screaming at the top of her voice. So I had no other option than to push her back by hitting.

Kola: So you mean the video was edited?

Joe: Yes, the part where she assaulted me physically was edited. Just when I hit her back showed.

Alex: Did you notice any camera in the room when you entered?

Joe: Check the video once again, it is obvious someone was recording.

Fela: Uhmmm,,, So you are saying someone else knew this would happen, and had already stationed a camera to capture the moment.

Joe: Exactly. It was all planned. I just fell into a trap that was made for me.

Kola: Who do you think this third party can be.

Joe: I have no idea, could be any of her friends or anybody.

(Perry enters)

Perry: I think five minutes is up. The security guy is making some weird faces already.

Lawyer Insane: Were the information helpful?

Kola: More than helpful sir. We will see you later, we have to get going now.

Lawyer Insane: Call me if you find anything.

(Kola Fela and Alex leaves)

Fela: (Driving) It is a whole different story if the video was actually edited truly.

Alex: Before a video gets edited there must be a full original video somewhere. The original video is what we should try and get. That would be a very hard evidence.

Kola: But, many things are involved. One, Joe’s story must be true. Secondly, we must know who recorded that video.

Fela: Who uploaded the video to the net?

Alex: Sam of course, Joe’s girlfriend. She captioned it “Your favorite celebrity hits me at every opportunity he gets, it is time to take legal actions. I wont let this slide”

Fela: Just one picture of a black eye, and a video?

Alex: Yes.

Fela: Joe didn’t hit her on the eye in that video, it was just a push.

Alex: A lot might have happened before and after the video. We cant say.

Kola: Sam lives in North Central. Why don’t we pay her a visit.

Fela: (Turns the car around) Great idea.

(After some minutes they arrive at Sam’s place)

Alex: (Knocks)

Sam: (Opens the door) Who are you?

Alex: We mean no harm. Don’t be scared. We are students like you.

Sam: (Tried to close the door) Go away! I don’t want to see anybody.

Kola: (Holds back the door) Let us in, we are here to help you.

Sam: I said leave!

Fela: (Forcefully opens the door) Calm down Sam. You like it or not we are in already.

(Alex starts coughing)

Alex: Wheew, these weeds are way too much. How do you survive lung cancer with this amount of cannabis on your table.

Fela: (Takes pictures of cannabis and alcohol)

Sam: No, you cant do that! This is against my right. You guys are infringing my right. You cant come into my house and start taking pictures of my stuff. I am calling the police right away.

Kola: Very bad idea. We have hard evidences that you are doing drugs in his phone. And I don’t think we will be the ones behind bars when the police finally gets here. I think the owner of this apartment will.

Sam: What do you guys want?

Kola: Exactly the question I was waiting for. What are you suing Joe for?

Sam: Don’t tell me you guys are cops?

Alex: No, we are detectives.

Sam: Damn! (Ran out of the house very fast)

(Fela and Kola gave a hot chase while Alex waited behind to search the whole house)

Fela: (Running) Sam! We mean no harm, we are just here for some questioning.

Kola: Sam! Running away wont do any good to you.

Sam: I am not interested in speaking to you (Keeps running)

(Suddenly a black SUV jeep packs in front of Sam. She entered the car and Zooms off)

Fela: (Tired) What did we just experience?

Kola: The jeep doesn’t have a plate number.

Fela: Only Big rich guys use that plate number. I tell you.

Kola: There is a lot more to this story. (Phone rings) Hello Alex.

Alex: I think I found something.

Kola: Okay we are on our way. Hey, Fela. Alex said she got something. We have to get back to Sam’s apartment.

(Some minutes later at the apartment)

Alex: So, this calendar probably meant a lot to her. She didn’t mark out the dates from the first day of the month. She started marking it out from the 16th. God knows what happened on that day. But it is obvious she is definitely counting down to something.

Kola: 16th? When did the video get to the internet?

Fela: The video surfaced on… (Trying to check) Damn! On the 16th.

Kola: That is exactly why she started the countdown on the 16th. She is guilty of something.

Alex: And this too. (A short note) Found this in her drawer.

Kola: (Reading the note aloud). “Just do it” Do what? She is sending this to who?

Fela: What if she didn’t send it. What if she received it from somebody.

Alex: The letter looks cryptic, see here this symbol. It is the only address on the letter. (Points to a sign at the base of the letter)

Fela: What if she was threatened to Implicate Joe.

Kola: There is a big possibility at that. But so far so good, there is no tangible fact to back that up.

Fela: A black SUV picked her up while trying to escape from interrogations, who are those in this black SUV?

Alex: Who also sent this letter. And where is the full video?

Kola: All these are questions we have to answer before the next court hearing if we really want to crack this case.

Alex: (Phone rings) Hello Luke.
Dorothy: This is not Luke, this is Dorothy. Your attention is needed in the school right away. We need you for questioning on Kings incident.

Episode Four Loading....

Re: Crime Crackers Of Lagos (Murder must be uncovered) by MrHeavens: 7:53pm On Jul 12
THE WAY IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN.

(NIGERIA LACK OF ELITES AND REAL ROLE MODEL FOR THE YOUTH) BY DANIEL CHUKWUEBUKA IGWE.

In a country of the blind, the one eyed-man is King. If we assume that Nigeria is the said country in the above idiom, then the one eye-man(or men) are the political class.Those who eat their cake and still have it. The Nigeria people since indepence have never lacked "the wana-be heroes" they rise with the morning light from every corner of the nations not long after, they show their fangs like wolves in sheep clothing they are, they devour our "national cakes", and they still want more. That's the way it is today and it's the way it has always been. As children yesterday, we were told "we are the leader of tomorrow", today as youths and young adults, there is no elites or good role model to lead us as we enter into tomorrow. Could a man with street credibility suffice for us?

Mr Dino Melaye a former senator of the federal republic of Nigeria is that man. Senator with street credibility he calls himself.

Senator Dino Melaye is 50 years old(born Jan. 7. 1974) Nigerian politician, a former senator and member of the house of representative. He is from Ayetoro Gbede in Ijumu local government area of kogi state. He is also a member of the people democratic party (PDP) He was born in Kano state Nigeria and graduated from Ahmedu Bello University, Zaria (ABU) where he studied Geography in 2000.
In 2007 he became a member of the house of representative. Now "the son of nobody is becoming somebody" Senator Dino Melaye ambition is to become the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. He has been on the mission to rescue Nigeria so that according him and I quote" the son of nobody can become somebody" senator Dino desire to make Nigeria a meritorious society where everyone don't depends on "connections". What a noble mission.
His website at www.senatordinomelaye has this to say about him "Introducing the inspiring success story of Senator Dino Melaye, a true testament to determination, hard work, and unwavering passion.

From humble beginnings to remarkable achievements, Dino, as he is fondly called by many, has navigated challenges and embraced opportunities, ultimately carving a path to success that continues to inspire and motivate others."

Yes the success is visible to see, it's quite gigantic even the blind can see. The man is known to love contemporary designers fashion.Expensive Givenchy and Balanciaga streetwears which no doubt makes him feels like an elite, not forgetting the stretch of expensive cars and power bikes. Senator Dino being a billionaire is no question, those of us who looks up to him as a role model are rather pondering on the question of how he made his money?

In 2020 he sat down with BBCNEWS PIGIN to answer that question. It can also be found on his website too. In his on words "HOW I MADE MONEY

There was a recession in America and the properties of those owing the banks were put up for sale because they couldn’t pay what they owed. There was an eatery that was put up for sale. A McDonald’s. I raised some money and bought the franchise.
I bought it at $350,000. This was almost twenty years ago. My profit after tax today stands at over $1.2million.
That one franchise in the USA has given birth to seven other franchises across America."

(1) (Reply)

Believe Me, I Used To Be A Crime Boss. (short Fiction) / The Dead Quen And Her Son Episode 1 / Nwafor Awala, They Are Hyenas, From Reign Of Hyenas (poems)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.