Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:47 AM

Men Of God In Chains - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Men Of God In Chains (139 Views)

Names Of God In Nigerian Languages And Their Meanings / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Men Of God In Chains by PCHC(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
MEN OF GOD IN CHAINS

EZEKIEL 3:25

[NKJV] — And you, O son of man, surely they will put ropes on you and bind you with them, so that you cannot go out among them. [Ezekiel 3:25 NKJV]

[FBV] — You will be tied up with ropes, son of man. You will be bound so that you won't be able to go out among the people. [Ezekiel 3:25 FBV]

The Spirit of God declared this to Ezekiel the prophet, as you read in the Bible verse above:

"The People will surely bind the Prophet as if they were binding or tying up a mad-man, to the degree that the prophet would not be able to go out among them."

He's not Samson that could not be bound (tied) when Samson was filled the Holy Spirit, neither was he the madman by the tombs at Gadarenes that could not be sustainably bound (tied) when possessed by the Legion of unclean spirits: He was Ezekiel the son of man that was mightily possessed by the Spirit of God, and yet people could bind or tie him up inspite of the Mighty Spirit of God on him.

The reason for that is because the ropes or bonds (chains) from the people over the man of God filled with the Holy Spirit of God were also serving the will of God for and through the man of God. Christians were taught to take authority in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, to bind or chain others in prayers, especially when the others are devils or enemies to them. But have anyone taught us to also be the Christians who others may bind, tie or chain?

It was Saul (Paul) that took authority to bind, not bind demons, but took authority to bind Christians; before he was eventually arrested and converted into being Christian himself and later he too was bound (tied). As it is written,

[Acts 9:14] — "And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on Your name."

Ezekiel did not bind nor cast anyone, but he was bound (tied) even with the Holy Ghost within him. See how the Holy Ghost demonstrated to Paul that he shall be tied-up.

[Acts 21:10‭-‬13 FBV] — After we'd stayed there for several days, a prophet called Agabus arrived from Judea. Approaching us, he took Paul's belt, and bound his own hands and feet. Then he said, “The Holy Spirit says, ‘This is how the Jews in Jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt, and will hand him over to the foreigners.’” When we heard this, we and the believers there pleaded with Paul not to go to Jerusalem. However, Paul answered, “What are you doing, crying and breaking my heart? I'm ready not only to be bound in Jerusalem, but to die in Jerusalem for the sake of the Lord Jesus.”

Imagine a man of God on pulpit or platform throwing anointing that makes some people closeby to fall; then imagine Paul that could not wave or make hand throw, and could not even hold a microphone because he was always in bonds; for he's a man of God who's hands were always tied. Imagine him preaching, "Standfast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made you free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage;" but he himself was in bonds or chains, and does not appear to have physically shown what he's teaching here. Here are five bible references where Paul spoke of his bonds/chains:

*1* And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in town after town the Holy Spirit warns me that chains and afflictions await me.
[Acts 20:22‭-‬23]

*2* For which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it fearlessly, as I should. [Ephesians 6:20]

*3* As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. And most of the brothers, confident in the Lord by my chains, now dare more greatly to speak the word without fear. [Philippians 1:13‭-‬14]

*4* "The salutation by the hand of me Paul. Remember my chains…." [Colossians 4:18]

*5* "Remember those that are in chains, as if you are chained with them; and those who suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body." [Hebrews 13:3]

Isaac as the most loved son of Abraham was tied or bound up by his own father who loves him and yet bind him up on the altar to be offered to God. Nebuchadnezzar bind (tied) the three friends of Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, and cast them into a fiery furnace. But unlike Ezekiel, over whom the Spirit of God declared that people shall surely bind him with ropes, behold Jeremiah was told to actually make his own yoke and ropes, and bind himself, for a demonstration of his message of God to the people:

[Jeremiah 27:2] — “Thus says the Lord to me: ‘Make for yourselves bonds and yokes, and put them on your neck,

Re: Men Of God In Chains by Wujio: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
Insightful. Nice One
Re: Men Of God In Chains by PCHC(m): 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
+

(1) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of This Occurrence / Jewish Zealots Similarities To A Tribe In Nigeria Today / The Role Of Every Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.