Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,143 members, 7,949,944 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar (32955 Views)

Naira Crashes To All-time Low, Hits N1043.09/$1 At Official Market / Naira Crashes To 1,030/$ As Speculators React / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Stanislause94: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
opamoses1:
Naira is finding its real value. No more padding it with $1.5 billion monthly.

It will surely stabilize then healing can begin.
make them dey deceive you, mumu man werey

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by DND069: 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
By the end of this tenure, we will congratulate everyone that survived and start preparing for another tenure of pain.

Nigeria has sunk!

11 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Vision101(m): 7:04pm On Oct 23, 2023
Don't mind them. It's all speculative buying. The banks are part of it. If this is reflective of the performance of the economy the smallest packet of biscuit would have been sold above #500.

So much round tripping is going on in the banks. Hopefully just one sudden policy will crash all these.

Very unfortunately some Nigerians announce the increase in dollar rate with glee as if it's blood.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Elvis2kay: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigeria is not generating any foreign currency at the moment

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
abhosts:
This is beginning to look like some people somewhere are sabotaging the economy. Call Buhari to account for our depleted foreign reserves.

Dirty smelling mouth. You wan still dey defend your thiefnibu bobo Chicago the certificate forger ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by seguno2: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
pansophist:
I must wear Brazilian hair, use iPhones, drink Hollandia peak milk, and must import, instead of manufacturing. This is the result.

All this pale in comparison to the massive looting and stashing abroad in Pandora Papers, by our VIPs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by pipnator00(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2023
Here is a screenshot of my comment here as of 2021 predicting Naira will hit NGN1500 to a dollar. But with Nigeria owing about $3billion worth of unrefined oil to foreign oil majors around the world (from Buhari's Oil swap/futures deal), which could take years to fulfill plus the memo which circulated yesterday about next year's budget financing from mostly borrowing, "Naira will most likely hit NGN2500 to the dollar in before the end of 2024".

11 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Alpharey: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
callmevirus:
If dollar like let it hit N3000 I am supporting Tinubu

Ipbos and Peter Obi want to destroy Nigeria

Tinubu is starting from where Buhari

Shege go reach everybody

I am standing on Tinubu's mandate on this. The mandate should collapse already and let everybody go him own way 🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by AngelicBeing: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
sad
Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by fineboynl(m): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigeria needs to be divided. Northerners are bonding this country down. They vote base on ethnic And religious line. Now see where we are now. The hatred between ourselves and low IQ of black peoples is our biggest problem

This will continue to get worst as people rushing to save there money in dollars.

I will go buy dollar tomorrow

10 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Angelfrost(m): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
abhosts:
This is beginning to look like some people somewhere are sabotaging the economy. Call Buhari to account for our depleted foreign reserves.

Well... According to "Economics Experts", the fall of the Naira is the consequence of removing the cushion of subsidizing or buffering the currency.

This means the Naira will keep free falling till people are compelled to quit exchanging it for the Dollar... This clearly means a drastic fall in importation or any business that involves exchanging Naira for Dollars

This is supposed to cause a massive inward drive into local production and consumption, with the consequent recovery of the Naira.

Everybody must learn Economics under this Shege Promax regime. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by ahnie: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2023
This is not good.
Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Greatness09: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
What is really going on…this is really getting out of hand…under how many months of this Government

Christ!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by maticar: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2023
successmatters:
Let's blame Obidients and move on grin
We will teach Obi a lesson he will never forget angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by pansophist(m): 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
seguno2:

All this pale in comparison to the massive looting and stashing abroad in Pandora Papers, by our VIPs.

I agree with you my friend.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by maticar: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
yarimo:
grin grin grin grin
Na to enter market remain
The day is coming

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by seguno2: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Elvis2kay:
Nigeria is not generating any foreign currency at the moment

Has the president stopped his side hustle ni

Tinubu mistakenly shared flats with drug lords in Chicago: Festus Keyamo

The campaign spokesman said the candidate incidentally shared an address with notorious cocaine dealers in the 1990s.

Festus Keyamo, chief spokesman for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council, has said Bola Tinubu, the party’s flag bearer, only shared a “block of flats” with notorious cocaine dealers in Chicago, pushing back after the release of court documents that suggested Mr Tinubu’s ties to illicit drug business and money laundering in the United States.

“What happened was that Asiwaju (Bola Tinubu) went to open an account. The address which he used in opening the account was the address used by these people…(sic). I think some blocks of flats. Maybe, he happened to be in that block of flats too.

“So, they now link it that the other people they were investigating for narcotics are in the same address used by Asiwaju to open that account,” Mr Keyamo said on Wednesday on Channels Television programme to exonerate the former Lagos governor from the fresh controversies that had been trailing his involvement in drug peddling.

Peoples Gazette on Tuesday published certified copies of the 1993 case as recently released by the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.

The documents confirmed that the U.S. government had in July 1993 sought forfeiture of proceeds of narcotics Mr Tinubu was accused of laundering. The matter was resolved in a compromise between the Tinubus and the U.S. authorities, with the Tinubus being asked to keep the money in the Heritage Bank account while the $460,000 in the Citibank account was forfeited.

A federal judge subsequently dismissed the matter with prejudice on September 21, 1993, which effectively foreclosed the matter from being litigated again by all parties. It, however, remained unclear whether or not Nigerian authorities could still bring charges against Mr Tinubu over the same case in Nigerian courts.

The former Lagos governor has come under intense public scrutiny over his opaque past, health status and allegations of corruption. He has not personally commented on the latest case, but his campaign surrogates have emphasised that the matter was insignificant and would not be a factor in the upcoming elections.

https://gazettengr.com/tinubu-mistakenly-shared-flats-with-drug-lords-in-chicago-festus-keyamo%ef%bf%bc-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Alpharey: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
Vision101:
Don't mind them. It's all speculative buying. The banks are part of it. If this is reflective of the performance of the economy the smallest packet of biscuit would have been sold above #500.

So much round tripping is going on in the banks. Hopefully just one sudden policy with crash all these.

Very unfortunately some Nigerians announce the increase in dollar rate with glee as if it's blood.

Emilokans thought it is something to cheer about 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
opamoses1:

Oponu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Theunbothered: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023
opamoses1:

Zimbabwe is calling you. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by pingpong1: 7:08pm On Oct 23, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Passionate888: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Tinubu is working grin grin grin grin
Commodification of the naira

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by kingthreat(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
abhosts:

Leave Sai Baba make him rest abeg. He left it at 750. Blame the person under whose watch it rose this high.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Nextt: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well... According to "Economics Experts", the fall of the Naira is the consequence of removing the cushion of subsidizing or buffering the currency.

This means the Naira will keep free falling till people are compelled to quit exchanging it for the Dollar... This clearly means a drastic fall in importation or any business that involves exchanging Naira for Dollars

This is supposed to cause a massive inward drive into local production and consumption, with the consequent recovery of the Naira.

Economic Experts that are preparing to japa 😂😂

Hardship no dey hear english 😂

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by truthhurtsnaira: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
“Nigerians” absolutely deserve this!

You support shyt you get shyt…

It’s not about wearing weaves and dancing all day on social media…

Jealousy and greed and pleasures go kill all of una…

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by yusman14(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2023
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm.

My only regret is selling all my money in July at 730. Now I would have been cashing in
Please sir can you explain how I can convert my naira to dollars and save. What is the process?
I'm afraid that the money I'm saving for my final year project night loose value completely before then.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by seguno2: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

Did this happen in Zimbabwe
Why not?
Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by spencekat(m): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
123readygo:
Hmmmmmmm.

My only regret is selling all my money in July at 730. Now I would have been cashing in
Bro, na fear dey cause am.
Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by pansophist(m): 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
Last year or so, when one USD exchanged for N500, there was a social media uproar. The internet was filled with anger and sadness about the state of Nigeria.

Fast forward to today, it's over N1200 per dollar, and Nigerians didn't make a fuss about it, which just goes to show that the masses have given up on the country.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by Basicend: 7:10pm On Oct 23, 2023
You people keep electing very old, sick, vegetable brains as your leaders in this country. .

Thieves that have stolen billions of dollars that can't feel any winds of a negative economy in the next 30 years. .

You had a Buhari. . You handed Barton to a Tinubu. . Same sick vegetables that can't even comprehend a paragraph of message in a paper.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by spencekat(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
yusman14:
Please sir can you explain how I can convert my naira to dollars and save. What is the process?
I'm afraid that the money I'm saving for my final year project night loose value completely before then.
Go to BDC guys and buy. Open a domiciliary account and save it there. Naira is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar by DeepSight(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2023
Jallotti:

Suffering in the abroad is much better abeg!

grin @ the bold!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Beneficiaries Of CBN's AGSMEIS Loan Share Their Testimony / CBN Crashes Treasury Bills Rates To Single Digits / Nigeria Running Out Of FOREX – John Campbell, Ex-US Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.