Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,941 members, 7,899,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect (53811 Views)

What Do You Call It In Your Dialect? ( See Photo ) / What Do You Call This In Your Language/Dialect? (Photo) / Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Ladymillion(f): 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
Unu in Abia ,that's three leaved yam

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Trustmea: 6:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
Una
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Gips: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
The Most Poisonous food ever, i have ever eaten... If Nigerian doctors are wise or those into medicine... this tuber is best for hallucinations... After eating it undone with Palm oil... Trust me... You will experience Death for a period of time (hours depending on the quantity you consume). This is based on experience. After eating it, i was dead for some hours and after i woke up, i saw 4/5 people constantly praying on my head thinking i was dead... Pls Dont eat it undone... The experience is not good at all...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Frayoworld(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
Una (Ezza)

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Wilpraise55: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
Templee333:
Anem
ayen.
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by sukkot: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
mariahAngel:

Those are not sweet potatoes, Sukkot.
Go take another look. cheesy
hehe what do i know nne ? grin grin

it does look very strange though

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by adams123: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
Mrfeel:

What sweetness are you talking about?

Alcohol the sweet before some people can't do without it?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Duksnay: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ulahi in Igala

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Wilpraise55: 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
meum:
Anem.

I love them very soft with palm oil, salt & pepper. Pepper soup too dey make sense but not a fan
ayen
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Oxtertee(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
This is esuru, very soft and socculent specie of yam. I have in planted in my compound, infact I can't wait to harvest it next year

It is best enjoyed with palm oil with a sprinkle of salt.
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Nickymezor(f): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ona yam. Very bitter yam...I so dislike it

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by acmev2(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Strange to me.

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Tonytonex(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
dprpikin:
Una (three leaves yam)
why are they calling it (3 leaves yam)?
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by just4fun(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
HORLADY:
I can't even stand the aroma/ scent/ odour (I want to say the truth with decorum)
Very bitter.
There is a myth that says it's food of the witches

Sweet yam.

I never liked it too. It was my Grandma's favorite those days...
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Loverboi2cute(m): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
ede
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by mariahAngel(f): 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2023
sukkot:
hehe what do i know nne ? grin grin

it does look very strange though

Hahahahahahaha🤣

You're in Nigeria, but not fully Nigerian. grin
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Wilpraise55: 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2023
Leo81:
Anem...
ayen
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by LtChisom: 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2023
KillIgbohoN0W:
Tinubu's hunger has reduced Nigerians to rodents digging up strange roots to survive.

grin grin grin grin

fortunately, I love that shit bitter sweet yam(óna) with all my life with Ngú

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Lawalemi(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Na babies full this platform.
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by serverconnect(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ona
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by sukkot: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2023
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha🤣

You're in Nigeria, but not fully Nigerian. grin
oh i am 500 percent nigerian. like my man Ikechukwu Ononaku would say, a son of the soil grin
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by dprpikin: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
Tonytonex:
why are they calling it (3 leaves yam)?

Maybe the leaves appear in three apiece.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by solexjames(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ulayi

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
It's called vuuvuu Kress bunté
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by cl0r0x: 6:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
Anumbe
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Bashirjaja01(m): 6:56pm On Oct 24, 2023
Meye wannan?
ify2016:
The love I have for three leaf yam is unquantifiable...

It is called Esuru in some dialect ,I hate this nonsense yam until my mum made me to enjoy one.

According to a friend of mine from South, he claimed that once you give him Anem then half of his problems are solved..

I can dash you my phone for a portion of this because of it sweetness but it's been years I ate it.

I really miss home .
What do you call it in your dialect ? Do you enjoy eating it too?
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Bunnatex(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2023
Glamourboy140:
Una (Anambra)

Nsukka also calls it UNA
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by peteromenihu(m): 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2023
Mbaise calls it Onuu
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by Oxtertee(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Can they pound it like pounded yam

Nope
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by 4Gsmokei(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
That's fertility yam.
Very effective in treating hormonal imbalance and good for women TTC.
If you are seeking to have twins this yam is very useful. We have used it for lots of women with excellent results.
The fresh leaves is part of the ingredients for treating acute pile for adults and kids.
Respect that yam you see there.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by speaktome(m): 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
Ọnú in my Ngwa dialect

#MySignature
#Mybusiness
Re: What Do You Call This Food In Your Dialect by observanc1: 6:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
Lagusta:
Isn't this cocoyam??
no, it's not cocoyam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When You Cook With Tomato These Days (Funny Photo) / Guy Found A Rat In His Fried Rice .(Picture) / Man Kills Monkeys In Port-Harcourt, Uses Them To Prepare Pepper Soup. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.