Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:35 PM

Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (27206 Views)

Kingibe: FCT Not Rivers, You Can’t Decide Who Is Elected – Adeyanju Tells Wike / Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by bascutdb: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words
This is too bad... Nigeria will be great in Jesus name. Pray for your country, also pray for our leaders no one is perfect.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by occfx: 11:30am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:
This was the most baseless of all the arguments

So if I won 35 states and didn’t get 25% in Abuja, it means there should be a rerun

So why infuse it in the constitution... I am sure that constitution was made by obj to favor him then now tinubu has made his own. Therefore, the constitution is totally useless, I know where it's heading to sha
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by khalling2008: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2023
Kolaboluv7:

Everybody go suffer am, na wetin i buy fuel na him you sef go buy we move grin
Nobody go disturbing you if you want suffer now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by psalmsjob: 11:31am On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

It is not a collation tool but a tool to show what has been collated which makes it still a good thing for our democracy.

Obi stinginess caused him to not pay for agents at polling units expecting inec to do his basic task of having his stupid followers to serve as agents but PETER OBI THINK SAY HIM WISE grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Ingocof(m): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2023
Estello:
Justice Okoro has held that not having 25% of the votes in Abuja does not stop a candidate from being declared president.

The judge held that people of Abuja are equal and not different from other Nigerians

Only fools think otherwise.
Does that mean that a voter in Abuja is more important than the one in Oweri or Calabar?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by yemex04(m): 11:32am On Oct 26, 2023
busomma:
This is sad indeed. What's the point of making laws in Nigeria if the judiciary will will give their own interpretations even on those laws that are in plain language? How can Supreme Court say that 25% of the vote isn't compulsory in Abija? Senate should go back to the drawing board cos Nigeria will continue on the same part of self destruction if electoral laws are not re written.

The major work or only work of the Judiciary is to interpret the Constitution.. if you don't know that the Judiciary interprets the Letters & the spirit of the constitution then you should only comment on entertainment Thread.. The judiciary has only affirmed that every Nigerian has equal rights of vote,funny enough this affirmation seems to get you angry.. no vex bro but I am happy.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by dapadawee: 11:34am On Oct 26, 2023
No mind them as if Abuja na igbo land

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2023
yoruboid:
This was the most baseless of all the arguments

So if I won 35 states and didn’t get 25% in Abuja, it means there should be a rerun

And you think that rubbish you wrote there is possible? You won 35 states and couldn’t get ordinary 25% in one? Just dey play with your mind

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by HydronTechng: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2023
Jorussia:
This 25% fct is the most ludicrous argument i have ever seen in an electoral dispute in the 21st century. Nigeria doesn't practise electoral college system where votes from states don't carry equal significance.In simple direct rule,all votes are equal in anywhere its adopted in the world. This is the worst presidential election petition ever in this country. There was so much noise in the media,and no substance in evidence.

God bless you for this position. From the outset, I have always argued that the vote cast in Ilela, sokoto state is not more valuable than that which was cast in the remove village of Aboto-oja in kwara state. Neither is the vote cast in Abuja less valuable to that which is casted in Warri. When we make argument, emotional sentiment should not be the basis of our assertion, rather, the constitution must guide our positions.

Unfortunately for many Nigerian, we have been awashed into the selfish school of thoughts of these politicians ( most of them are only self serving).

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Amin

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Donben007: 11:38am On Oct 26, 2023
Otilor for Atikulooter and Obi supporters

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by forestwilda: 11:38am On Oct 26, 2023
[quote author=Jorussia post=126622618]This 25% fct is the most ludicrous argument i have ever seen in an electoral dispute in the 21st century. Nigeria doesn't practise electoral college system where votes from states don't carry equal significance.In simple direct rule,all votes are equal in anywhere its adopted in the world. This is the worst presidential election petition ever in this country. There was so much noise in the media,and no substance in evidence. I strongly aligned with you
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by onegig(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2023
I keep saying it.

This is the most stupidiest of all the petitions I ever seen. That anyone with an education would even come up with this is beyond belief.

And that senior lawyers and people who went to a University were parroting the same thing on National TV without shame shows the depth of how a lot of Nigerians can't remove bias from thinking and logically view things even when the evidence is as crystal clear as the Sun.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by ufotunang: 11:40am On Oct 26, 2023
Concerning presidential election any one INEC declared the winner is the winner whether he rigged the election or not... going to court in nigeria is a waste of time
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Benwallt(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2023
If Obi contests in 2031 and failed to secure 25% in Abuja, he will be thrown out of Aso Rock from the window.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by ufotunang: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2023
youngreezy:
lol,I laff wen people think anything good will come out of all this court case, especially when tinubu dey involved......you can never unseat a president in Nigeria,e no dey possible..even akpabio wey get power sef no go fit try am,if em do am eh Dem go fling am from that senate house Asap ...the president is the most powerful man in Nigeria and can do whatever he wants nobody go make noise...if you try pim eh,Dem go kill both you and your family troway
..abi.. going to court in nigeria to remove a president is a waste of time
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by yemex04(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2023
Bobloco:

it not about logic here bro. there's a precedence case here between Obj vs Buhari in 2003 where it was affirmed that you don't need to win Abuja but 25% is compulsory

There is no such precedence... the case had to do with Ogun State votes that was cancelled in the said election.. The Court still affirmed Obasanjo's election because minus Ogun Votes, he still had majority of vote cast, scored 25% votes in 2/3 of 36 States & FCT.. There was not dispute in FCT.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by AbujaLagos: 11:43am On Oct 26, 2023
Una dey play, we Obidents go sue supreme court to Agulu customary court. FCT 25% stand
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by francotunsco: 11:44am On Oct 26, 2023
SmartyPants:

Then he meant grounds/prayers when he said appeal - all the grounds are one appeal

Gbam!
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by kayusely70(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2023
Jorussia:
This 25% fct is the most ludicrous argument i have ever seen in an electoral dispute in the 21st century. Nigeria doesn't practise electoral college system where votes from states don't carry equal significance.In simple direct rule,all votes are equal in anywhere its adopted in the world. This is the worst presidential election petition ever in this country. There was so much noise in the media,and no substance in evidence.
You've spoken very well jare!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by adefitim(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2023
this is the most foolish case of them all......

How could people that lives in Abuja has Superior Voting power than the rest in the 36 states?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Superwave16320: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2023
Feel free to wail to your doom in Ipobland no one cares if your rot of perish in hell.

athaboi:
Nigeria is a useless state...it will continue to be a failed state forever. Nothing will rescue Nigeria, mark my words

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Segzy19: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2023
We told the stupid Obidients but they were too arrogant in their foolishness
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by SonOfDSoil01: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2023
Racoon:
Supreme Court of absurdity, illegality and technicalities
cheesy you mean justice OKORO has been bribed too? Wonderful😂
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Alliswell248: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

See an adult crying.....

Sore losers
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Alliswell248: 11:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Pls be a good brother.

Check on your obidafts friends.

Offer them free handkerchiefs and buckets today.
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by shankara7: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2023
forgiveness:
Election matter is time bound hence new witnesses can't be accepted after the 21 days.

If I won 30 states but didn't get 25% in Abuja, does it mean, I can't become president? No. grin
You can't be that popular and fail to get a paltry 25% in FCT.. The clause has never been an issue before now ,even PMB always got that 25% in FCT all the time he contested.. It only shows Tinubu is a very unpopular candidate..
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Timmi: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Jorussia:
This 25% fct is the most ludicrous argument i have ever seen in an electoral dispute in the 21st century. Nigeria doesn't practise electoral college system where votes from states don't carry equal significance.In simple direct rule,all votes are equal in anywhere it’s adopted in the world. This is the worst presidential election petition ever in this country. There was so much noise in the media,and no substance in evidence.

It is because the lawyers representing both OBI and Atiku are roadside lawyers that just want the publicity and to trend. Any reasonable person should avoid hiring any of such lawyers for representation
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Vitally123: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Case closed.

While this may not be an issue, the IREV IS NOT A COLLATION TOOL is not good for modern democracy.

So they knew all that but fooled the citizens to vote? Thanks for finally sinking Nigeria!! No wonder everywhere is deadly silent! Let nobody complain or come to beg for chop money oooo, e don set, e don red!
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by israelmao(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
The constitution that commonalizes other states and specializes Abuja should be questioned?
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by AFOXTJ: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
athaboi:

Just because your Candidate lost physically and spiritually?

So you wish your country bad
Re: Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory by Vitally123: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
PUSSYHOE:
No court can unseat a sitting president in naija.

Even senate them no born them well!!!!

Please, tell me a Nigerian President from 1999 to date who didn't score 25% in Abuja? Anyone who rejoices in what happened today should also employ someone with international questionable character to be the MD of his business and to manage it. Thanks for finally sinking Nigeria!! No wonder everywhere is deadly silent! Let nobody complain or come to beg for chop money oooo, e don set, e don red!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves New York For London / Bukola Saraki Turns NBA Fan, Shows Support To Toronto Raptors / ICC Job: Ishaq Bello Ranked Low Amongst 20 Contenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.