Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,340 members, 7,943,843 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:17 AM

Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy (12050 Views)

Electricity Deficit: SEPLAT Says Nigerians Are Using 22 Million Generators / NTA Was Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform, Sky 2 Weeks Ago - Punch / NTA Removed From Largest UK Cable Platform: Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
Cromagnon:
don't mind me
I figured
But if the price of gas and consumption rate is correct

But nna mehn how many business can afford 500kva gen plus the load on it(i approximate 25x the cost of the Gen)
That's not small money

Not sure if it can be scales down pro rata
Any business that would require that amount of electricity won't have an issues with the cost

That can power over 100 homes
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by NaijaPropagato: 2:23am On Oct 31, 2023
I heard it on NTA also that poverty is why there is not enough electricity because those things have to be maintained. It cost alot of money even if Government builds it can the ppl afford to pay to maintain it. Nigeria is not the only country with this problem. It is called the cycle of poverty because we need electricity to develop but without enough rich ppl to pay for it , it will not be sustainable in the long run.
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

Any business that would require that amount of electricity won't have an issues with the cost

That can power over 100 homes
True
But how many businesses are that big.?
Most businesses are tiny and the big ones are multinational that don't send us.
They'd not here to provide employment for us
They can always move to Ghana and wet will still buy their product
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Cromagnon:

True
But how many businesses are that big.?
Most businesses are tiny and the big ones are multinational that don't send us.
They'd not here to provide employment for us
They can always move to Ghana and wet will still buy their product
Then use small gen
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Gerrard59(m): 8:39am On Nov 02, 2023
Nice analysis about power generation, especially for factories. I partly agree with mrvitalis that power is not a major issue for most factories. Affiong Williams mentioned the same and rather stated logistics is a major issue. But reading Emmadoet that a foam factory faces major difficulties breaks my heart.

Nigeria no dey try. How on earth are we gonna compete with dem Indonesians and Vietnamese eh?
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2023
mrvitalis:

Then use small gen
We shall see
Lets run the numbers for 50kva and lets see if we still competitive
If we are we no try
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
Cromagnon:

We shall see
Lets run the numbers for 50kva and lets see if we still competitive
If we are we no try
Do you even know what factory need 50kv ?
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 5:17pm On Nov 02, 2023
mrvitalis:

Do you even know what factory need 50kv ?
Small ones(good processing) cottage factories
Garri factory
Pure water
Maybe small textile factory
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2023
Cromagnon:

Small ones(good processing) cottage factories
Garri factory
Pure water
Maybe small textile factory
Those needs 5kva to 20kva max
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 10:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
mrvitalis:

Those needs 5kva to 20kva max
True
But what of economy of scale
The smaller the gen the more gas /wear and tear Per unit
Although maybe not enough to de equilibriSe(not a word) their competitiveness

When we reach this size we go look into am
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

CNG is 200 per kg sir
Is cng different from normal cooking gas?
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 12:26pm On Dec 12, 2023
Cromagnon:
Is cng different from normal cooking gas?
Yes
CNC is methane and ethane

Cooking gas is propane
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes
CNC is methane and ethane

Cooking gas is propane
So different prices I hope.
Cos I'm seeing almost 1k per kilo now
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by mrvitalis(m): 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
Cromagnon:
So different prices I hope.
Cos I'm seeing almost 1k per kilo now
CNG is what we have in abundance
Propane is byproduct of refining crude
Re: Nigeria’s Electricity Deficit, World’s Largest -UK Envoy by Cromagnon: 2:32am On Dec 17, 2023
mrvitalis:

CNG is what we have in abundance
Propane is byproduct of refining crude
Oh OK
I was just tryIng to confirm
So we're just flaring our gas and suffering cooking gas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Christmas Message To The Nation. / If The Military Attacks ND, Thousands Of Igbo Youths Will Join Avengers-ipob / EFCC Grills Fowler Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.