Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

Does God Exist? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (18766 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol I don't own my life. Jehovah created me and and own me.
Jehovah is just a Jewish god worship by the isrealites.
Nothing can be created it can only be made.
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

I don't have answers, I have solutions, Omo.
Alright
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Jehovah is just a Jewish god worship by the isrealites.
Nothing can be created it can only be made.
I'll keep your words to mind my a.ss
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Alright
Jehovah created you for a purpose?
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

I'll keep your words to mind
Where is your mind, bring it out...
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Where is your mind, bring it out...
Bye
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Jehovah created you for a purpose?
🥴🥴
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

🥴🥴
Jehovah created you for a purpose? cheesy

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

What's your evidence that the universe was chaotic? How did you know?

Are you asking me to present to you all the evidence that I have studied over the years so I know, cornelboy? You do know you are asking me to give you for free all the education I paid to acquire through the years, right?

Why? What is it that makes you think you deserve such a gift from me?

cornelboy:
Even if I was really chaotic initially and then it later came to orderliness, what's the force controlling that? Why didn't it go from chaotic to intense chaotic?
We don't know. Early humans created gods to explain it but most have since moved on. That the universe was not as organised as it is is not disputed. Even earth was chaotic in its early formation.

cornelboy:
You think there's any chance for a chaotic universe to suddenly change from chaotic to orderliness without any external influence?
Not, "suddenly change, Cornel. Billions of years.

Do know that I am not asking you to take my word for anything I've said here. It's all in books written by people who have studied these things a lot more than I have, and you can go read them to see what they saying so you can at least consider it.
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
Lawag3:

You tell me how it's right. One point against evolution is the lack of transitional fossils. If evolution were true, there should be an abundance of fossils showing the gradual evolution of one species into another. However, there are very few fossils that could be considered true transitional forms. Instead, there are many "gaps" in the fossil record where there should be transitional forms, but none have been found. Another point against evolution is the Cambrian Explosion, when a large number of complex animals suddenly appeared in the fossil record without any simpler predecessors.
At last, someone with scientific knowledge I can engage with.
Transitional fossils exist very much. Take for instance the hominid Australopithecus afarensis, which represents an evolutionary transition between modern bipedal humans and their quadrupedal ape ancestors. A number of traits of the A. afarensis skeleton strongly reflect bipedalism
You can read up more on those fossils here where Darwin(as far back as then) documented them

https://darwin200.christs.cam.ac.uk/transitional-fossils#:~:text=This%20transition%20is%20documented%20by,was%20also%2018meters%20long!).

Now the Cambrian Explosion! The “Cambrian Explosion” refers to the appearance in the fossil record of most major animal body plans about 543 million years ago. The new fossils appear in an interval of 20 million years or less. On evolutionary time scales, 20 million years is a rapid burst that appears to be inconsistent with the gradual pace of evolutionary change. However, rapid changes like this appear at other times in the fossil record, often following times of major extinction. The Cambrian Explosion does present a number of interesting and important research questions. It does not, however, challenge the fundamental correctness of the central thesis of evolution. The animals of the Cambrian did not appear out of thin air. Animal fossils from before the Cambrian have been found. Roughly 575 million years ago, a strange group of animals known as Ediacarans lived in the oceans. Although, we don’t know much about the Ediacarans, the group may have included ancestors of the lineages that we identify from the Cambrian explosion.

Read up more here

https://biologos.org/common-questions/does-the-cambrian-explosion-pose-a-challenge-to-evolution
https://evolution.berkeley.edu/the-cambrian-explosion/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol 😂 evolution na science myth and old wife's tales. How their father take know wetin happen millions of years ago.

He said something about DNA and I asked him how the DNA got there and who or what coded it, his brain went blank.
Whose father?
I answered your question. Just in case you have comprehension issues, the origin of DNA is debatable. So I'd say I don't know till more knowledge about it comes forth
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Well said!
Atheist na follow follow people jàre.
Wetin dẹ surprise me be say how a normal person go think say things came by chance, nobody planned and created them oga o
What is even more head scratching is how a normal person believes a god pops outta thin air, creates the world, then created a man from the soil, then went ahead to create a woman from the rib grin
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

So you're looking for Yahweh in the video. cheesy grin cheesy grin

Well, the purpose of that video is that evolution is a lie.
Huh? shocked
Dafuq!
That video incorporated embrology and genetics, which take their knowledge from evolution. Wtf are you smoking?
What in the video points to evolution being a lie? shocked
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

So there's Miracles and Divinity in evolution, isn't that wonderful? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Bro, the video was talking about the complexity of the human body. Evolution talks about how the complexity came about from more simpler organisms.
Again point me to where the video insinuates or hints that evolution is a lie. Please don't run
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
Emusan:

Focus on the point.

That video talks about conception to birth as MIRACLES, DIVINITY and beyond any Human comprehension.

Is that how evolution works?
The video didn’t say conception to birth is a miracle. It just explains about the complexity involved in it. And to add to what the video says, this complex process can easily go wrong and give rise to a lot of aberrations from organ ageneses to fatalities. And who says humans don't understand the process of fetal formation? Ever heard of embryology? I studied it for 3 semesters back in school. Agreed there are some few things we don't understand (which will be understood as time goes on), we know what goes on there. I hope you know in-vitro fertilization and assisted fertility all comes from the knowledge we gathered from embryology. That's how babies can be formed even outside the womb by science. So if its a miracle how come babies can be formed by combining just one egg and sperm OUTSIDE THE WOMB IN AN IN-VITRO SETTINGS! Even science can form babies without sperm or egg but such research has been shut down due to ethical issues involved about creating humans that are stronger than the average.
See bro, if you don't understand stuff, simply ask questions
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
Image123:

Jokers. As long as man has soul and spirit, he will continue to look for God or gods, like he continues to breathe oxygen.
Any evidence of the bolded?
By the way, just so you know, religion is gradually dying off. A simple research would help you. The atheist populations are ever increasing worldwide . Even religious strongholds are accepting scientific theories like evolution, Big Bang etc
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

I asked a question and you mentioned something about about the topic of the thread "Does God Exist?", perhaps it's derailing by talking about evolution and stuffs.

I'm not on this thread to advertise any god to atheists. I won't do that.

My question is that, which is more logical; to say there is a mastermind behind the universe and everything in it OR to conclude everything came by chance unplanned?

Same question the cave man asked hits colleague. "Which is more logical, to say rain is tears of the gods or some complex processes we don't understand?" I guess we now know how rain is formed now. Matter of fact, scientists can even form rainfalls now.
I can tell you yes, its a mastermind that created the universe but the questions don't stop there. That's opening more can of worms and more fallacies popping like popcorns.
Or I can tell you I don't know, we are still researching the origin of life. And the questions end here.
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Think about yourself, your cells, tissues, organs, systems and DNA, they just happened without a designer?

You jumped from "the universe was chaotic" to "we don't know" grin

Does this designer make mistakes? Yes or No
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Incoherent!
Its not incoherent. For once, force your brain to think.
HOW DID THIS DESIGNER COME ABOUT?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
Maynman:

Brainwashed!
Seriously brainwashed. With soap, water and Izal
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
cornelboy:

Lol it's the university that will tell you that wondrous universe like this must have a designer abi? You no get sense?
Universities and higher institutions are where knowledge are disseminated
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 1:57am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Universities and higher institutions are where knowledge are disseminated
Did you learn how to eat from the university?
Re: Does God Exist? by Sirmwill: 1:58am On Nov 04, 2023
cornelboy:

Did you learn how to eat from the university?

Funnily funny
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 1:58am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Its not incoherent. For once, force your brain to think.
HOW DID THIS DESIGNER COME ABOUT?
Do you agree there's a designer?
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 2:05am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Does this designer make mistakes? Yes or No
We are in no position to say anything about that. We can only accept things as it is.
How can an artwork question the artist?
Or a robot criticize it maker? It'd definitely be courting death.
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 2:12am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Same question the cave man asked hits colleague. "Which is more logical, to say rain is tears of the gods or some complex processes we don't understand?" I guess we now know how rain is formed now. Matter of fact, scientists can even form rainfalls now.
I can tell you yes, its a mastermind that created the universe but the questions don't stop there. That's opening more can of worms and more fallacies popping like popcorns.
Or I can tell you I don't know, we are still researching the origin of life. And the questions end here.
@ the bolded
I'm glad we found a common ground. There must be a mastermind behind everything. Saying things come by chance is completely dumb and illogical.
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 2:16am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Whose father?
I answered your question. Just in case you have comprehension issues, the origin of DNA is debatable. So I'd say I don't know till more knowledge about it comes forth
One logical guess we can make is that an intelligent being made and coded the DNA even if we don't know the origin.
Re: Does God Exist? by cornelboy(f): 2:43am On Nov 04, 2023
budaatum:

Are you asking me to present to you all the evidence that I have studied over the years so I know, cornelboy? You do know you are asking me to give you for free all the education I paid to acquire through the years, right?

Why? What is it that makes you think you deserve such a gift from me?

We don't know. Early humans created gods to explain it but most have since moved on. That the universe was not as organised as it is is not disputed. Even earth was chaotic in its early formation.

Not, "suddenly change, Cornel. Billions of years.

Do know that I am not asking you to take my word for anything I've said here. It's all in books written by people who have studied these things a lot more than I have, and you can go read them to see what they saying so you can at least consider it.
Lol what you have studied that I can easily access online.

Lol how did you know that the earth was chaotic billions of years ago.

The books written by these so called people are mostly work of fiction, guess works and science myths. No tested and provable evidence to back them up.
For example, it said in one theory or whatever that homo sapiens evolved their thumbs lol. I'd never believe that cause it's dumb. I'd rather believe that humans had their thumbs all along.
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:16am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Is popcorn the same as maize? Arent you seeing the difference?

You are just saying this after the argument is over?
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19am On Nov 04, 2023
jaephoenix:

Does it occur to you that learning square roots can make their work easier?

They obviously don't think so.
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03am On Nov 04, 2023
budaatum:

A child is not dying yet and going to heaven so why force it to learn ABC, is your reasoning, but you wouldn't see it...

Clearly the child used ABC and 123 to help him expand his communications skills and accountability issues which he immediately used and kept using everyday of his life.

But see how you can't show even a single instance where a child has used square root to solve any of his natural living issues. So, Invalid argument.

budaatum:

That said. What age do you think a child should learn square roots?

Obviously, like Phy, Chem, Bio and Further Maths, it should be during Secondary School.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:18am On Nov 04, 2023
22jumpstreet1:

of cause, they are all myths...
and like all myths there is a hidden spiritual message in it...and you are just too blind and dumb to see it and learn it...

You don't have sense
What spiritual message is there in a myth?
If i say that tortoise had a rough shell cos he went to heaven and betrayed the birds and jumped down to earth on rough materials and his wife patched them. Is there a spiritual message to it?
There are parables and illustrations with their spiritual message tho but not in a myth

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (63) (Reply)

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories / Christians That Can Speak And Understands Arabic / William Kumuyi Celebrates 81st Birthday Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.