Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,601 members, 7,914,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Brothers Gambling Problem - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers Gambling Problem (20985 Views)

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by frozen70(f): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2023
Pamfresh:
Please I need mature minds advise on this topic.
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

Please my fellow nairanders, how do I handle this problem? I'm fed up

This is a case of addiction
Where does he gets money for gambling
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by 28plus: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
Pamfresh:
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

The reason why Nigeria is the way it is today is because people don't get punished for their crimes. Your brother squandered 2M on betting, instead of you guys to allow the owners of the monies handle him, you decided to pay. What does that tell him? He's told that for each time he messes up, someone is on standby to clean up his mess. You don't know the monster you're grooming. I have a brother like that. He's 35 and doesn't think of anything other than betting. If someone is at the point of death in the hospital and you give him money to take to the hospital for treatment, the money is gone. He rather have that person die than for him not to play. For ten years, I have been saying he should be allowed to face punishment for his crimes, even if it means him going to prison or getting killed, but my parents will say it'll bring shame to the family. Today, they are the ones looking for him to take him to prison. He has become a thief, a fraudster, and a mad person. No thanks to bet9ja. Almost ten years after graduating from school, no meaningful career, no business, no wife, nothing nothing. Sadly, it doesn't even bother him as long as he has access to play. Most of his mates are doing fine for themselves, some not very fine but they are putting in the work. But him, it must be bet9ja. He's destroyed every single relationship he has built from birth because of what he has done with their money. Yet, this guy has not been to prison once. Continue to pet your brother you hear? E go soon shock una

Simple advice, take your brother to prison now. For everytime you clear his debt, you're grooming a monster.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Pamfresh(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
28plus:

The reason why Nigeria is the way it is today is because people don't get punished for their crimes. Your brother squandered 2M on betting, instead of you guys to allow the owners of the monies handle him, you decided to pay. What does that tell him? He's told that for each time he messes up, someone is on standby to clean up his mess. You don't know the monster you're grooming. I have a brother like that. He's 35 and doesn't think of anything other than betting. If someone is at the point of death in the hospital and you give him money to take to the hospital for treatment, the money is gone. He rather have that person die than for him not to play. For ten years, I have been saying he should be allowed to face punishment for his crimes, even if it means him going to prison or getting killed, but my parents will say it'll bring shame to the family. Today, they are the ones looking for him to take him to prison. He has become a thief, a fraudster, and a mad person. No thanks to bet9ja. Almost ten years after graduating from school, no meaningful career, no business, no wife, nothing nothing. Sadly, it doesn't even bother him as long as he has access to play. Most of his mates are doing fine for themselves, some not very fine but they are putting in the work. But him, it must be bet9ja. He's destroyed every single relationship he has built from birth because of what he has done with their money. Yet, this guy has not been to prison once. Continue to pet your brother you hear? E go soon shock una

Simple advice, take your brother to prison now. For everytime you clear his debt, you're grooming a monster.
My dad is already considering locking him up because we recently discovered he used my dad's BVN and our last born's BVN to borrow total of 400k from loan sharks.
That's the one that threw all of us off balance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Pamfresh(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2023
frozen70:

This is a case of addiction
Where does he gets money for gambling
He borrows from friends and loan sharks. He was in seminary school so ppl thought borrowing him money was contributing to God's work not knowing he was betting with the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Pamfresh(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Too many gambling cases arising these days..

How do ppl get themselves involved in gambling?

These guys ain't out for ur interest as many may think. They're all out to make profit too so there's no way you can be smarter than them. The sooner you stop seeing gambling as a get rich quick scheme that wouldn't have any positive impact in ur lives and desist from it, the better...
I used to hear about gambling cases but I treat it with levity. Little did I know that my own younger bro that is supposed to be a reverend father in few yrs time was a victim.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by frozen70(f): 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2023
Pamfresh:

He borrows from friends and loan sharks. He was in seminary school so ppl thought borrowing him money was contributing to God's work not knowing he was betting with the money.

Now that he is out of seminary school, what does he do to help himself
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Angel55555(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice2023:
Person wey una supposed go arrest and send to police for even disparaging the family name,u guys went and paid part of his liabilities.

Una try.
Well said.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by BigIyanga: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

You and your parents are bailing him out and subsidizing bad behavioir.. he’ll neva learn lol

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by oxiide22(m): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

New format hhh
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by UptownVibes(m): 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
Since he has pulled out of the school. Let him find a job and start paying the debts all by himself. Better still you guys should report him to the school authorities, so they can start monitoring him. That way the addiction will stop. He is addicted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by diamond68: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
demon named KIMARIS owns his soul.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Adekot: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum

because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

Bro did you later married your 32years old girl friend
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Antwan99: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Justkatty:
Seeing this post, just gave me a flashback of something I keep regretting.
It is well sha.
Did you do hookup?
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by oxiide22(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
Nice2023:
Person wey una supposed go arrest and send to police for even disparaging the family name,u guys went and paid part of his liabilities.

Una try.
Oga you're part of the problem too, because you also own a loan company
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by sonofthunder: 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

Get your parents to stop paying asap.

If he steals your identity to borrow, report to law enforcement and allow him dance to his music.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Komu1048(m): 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

I don’t think your brother can stop gambling, cox despite clearing part of the one he borrowed, he went ahead to borrow more.

if that’s the case all u need to do as a family is to keep supporting him in prayers. He should always pick the right team or whatever bet he does. Sometimes what we call bad habit might be our way to riches
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Babaken(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2023
Instead of trying to win soul for Christ he's now trying to win 1xbet and Co .

Make this one no go use church money play Bets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by bjtinz: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
28plus:

Hmm. No be small thing. This betting issue . . . shocked
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by wizdooarchy3(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2023
Carry m go kuje .... Most times watering beans will do the needful...
Thank me later 🤗

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by OAFMods: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2023
I gamble too n the only way to learn from gambling is to let him suffer the consequences without sympathy.

When the suffering nearly kill him, he will adjust n if he doesn't let him due off it.

Pamfresh:

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by olamilarks(m): 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2023
Twitter has shown us that a lot of young people in Naija nurtures a gambling addiction nowadays!

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by arkonpoint: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2023
Ask him to watch a movie, the gambler (2018)

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by SonOfaRichman: 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

The only issue is that he borrows with his family members details. First was our last born, now I discovered he borrowed with my Dad's details as well. The loan shark ppl ve bn calling and harassing them to pay up. If not for the harassment, I would ve allowd him wallow in his mess
I'm trying hard to believe your first paragraph. He might as well learn the hard way. Gambling or betting and whatever name you call it is a game for the weak.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Originalsly: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
The quicker you and your parents understand what is an addiction ... and gambling is an addiction ... you will understand repaying any part of his debt is a waste of time and will make matters worse. Allow the loan sharks to deal with him ... he will be fine.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by obaidan: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Too many gambling cases arising these days..

How do ppl get themselves involved in gambling?

These guys ain't out for ur interest as many may think. They're all out to make profit too so there's no way you can be smarter than them. The sooner you stop seeing gambling as a get rich quick scheme that wouldn't have any positive impact in ur lives and desist from it, the better...
if its about who is out for your interest, even your employer for any work isnt out for ur interest. It's a dog eat dog world. Nobody dey help anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Tozocalamity: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
u have to involve prayer and fasting in this issue becos he can no longer stop gambling of his own accord.

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by obaidan: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

My dad is already considering locking him up because we recently discovered he used my dad's BVN and our last born's BVN to borrow total of 400k from loan sharks.
That's the one that threw all of us off balance
your brother own dun pass addiction

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by okoroemeka(m): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

stop offsetting his gambling debts,it only makes the matter worrse,just call a general meeting and tell him he is on his own,if he chooses to gamble he should do so with his money
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by membranus: 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
diamond68:
demon named KIMARIS owns his soul.

Tell us more about the demon.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by sylve11: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

The only issue is that he borrows with his family members details. First was our last born, now I discovered he borrowed with my Dad's details as well. The loan shark ppl ve bn calling and harassing them to pay up. If not for the harassment, I would ve allowd him wallow in his mess

O'bobs, he's not only a bet addict, he's also addicted to borrowing.

That's a terrible one!

May God him through. cool
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by jackmrandy: 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2023
This is the era of addictive gambling. During our parents time it was pool, it realy injured them that it made made many not able to cater for their family. Now it's the era of soccer and it's injuring the young ones... Say no to gambling... Even if you will do, do it responsibly

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Geovanni412(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2023
Pamfresh:

Is it you or your brother that has the problem?

If it is your brother with the problem, the solution is simple

Leave him alone if he is unwilling to listen to your advice....you cannot save everybody

All you can do is pray and hope he changes.

If he is willing to listen to you, then you need to find an avenue for him to relax.

The gambling is therapeutic to him, the thrill of almost winning is too sweet for him to give up

Enroll him in sth difficult like boxing or MMA or let him try out yoga classes to channel his energy and feel relaxed.

Combine this with mental affirmations ...go on YouTubemusic for this. The two will help him improve.

But if he doesn't want to listen, there's nothing you can do...yam wey no go done no go done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.