Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,601 members, 7,914,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:20 AM

My Brothers Gambling Problem - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brothers Gambling Problem (20984 Views)

My Brothers Wife Sends Him on errands.. please help / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / My Brothers life Is Becoming Messed: Becoming a Theif. Pls I need advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by abba190: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2023
Magnoliaa:
These are topics redpillers and men's rights activists, like Luminouz, ought to be addressing, but will they, no?

It is to be devising means of how to control women or sleeping with as many as possible. They will not call out the male skit makers and celebrities that are influencing for these companies or make podcasts on how to make legitimate, long-lasting wealth, it is FemCo and Uloma that is their problem.

Abi I lie, Pansophist? grin

They should be waiting for who will come and carry their matter for head.
you are sounding like its only men that gamble go to twitter and see lots of female gambling addicts

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by DaveHarry(m): 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2023
Which loan app can lend me 350K?
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Albinoflash(m): 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2023
bro hor=Pamfresh post=126844011]Please I need mature minds advise on this topic.
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

Please my fellow nairanders, how do I handle this problem? I'm fed up[/quote]bro this thing is worse than you even think,am a victim myself and your little bro is still even coming up,am saying this as a pro cos I have seen it all in gambling.he is yet to do the worst so you guys have to do something real quick,now he will be thinking of how to recover and cover his mess now it will come with so much desperation more than ever.call me here let me tell you what you need to know about him that he won't even tell you.....this thing is a spirit and every addicted gambler behaves just the same...I am dealing with mine now though not easy
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Magnoliaa(f): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2023
abba190:
you are sounding like its only men that gamble go to twitter and see lots of female gambling addicts

Na so. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Myer(m): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2023
Pamfresh:
Please I need mature minds advise on this topic.
My family recently discovered that my younger brother who has been in the seminary and was supposed to be a reverend father in few years time has a very big gambling issue.

Over the years, he has accumulated a gambling debt of 2M (borrowed majorly from loan sharks). When I discovered about the incidence, I hesitated involving my retired dad and mum because of the shock they might get hearing about this but when I discovered I couldn't pay the debt alone, i had to involve them. Thank God they handled it calmly. My dad and I have offset 700k debts already but I recently discovered that he is still borrowing and betting even recently (someone that has access to his details revealed this to me today). I am totally devastated and I don't know how to relay this to my parents to avoid heart attack. The gruesome part of the whole story is that he is JOBLESS because of his seminary school journey (which he has willingly pulled out from because of this issue).

Please my fellow nairanders, how do I handle this problem? I'm fed up

Several people here have shared one of the reasons he's not stopping but rather getting worse. He knows he has those of you who will clear his debts.
He needs to learn the hard way and know that he has a big problem and needs help. Until he realises the gravity of his gambling problem, he can't genuinely seek help. Stop encouraging his habits by bailing him our. He's your blood but at this point you must know hat his help comes from You tough love.

The second and most important angle to this is that it's a spiritual condition. He's in seminary school meaning he's chosen to follow Christ. This comes with price to pay. The devil will certainly vet him to expose if he's truly worthy of the ministry he's been called into. Even follower of Christ goes through this. I perceive he's being tested for his love of money among other things. I'll suggest you take him to a true man of God you or he has faith in. They should pray for him. If you have faith, you can pray for him too.

He has a strong calling on him and it come at a price. He must die to self completely to follow Christ. We all have call on our lives, however the demand on some are non-megotiable.
Rejoice that God is testing him to make him worthy of his calling.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Moneyyman: 2:32am On Nov 14, 2023
Rule 1: never repay gambling debt for someone.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by numejis: 3:16am On Nov 14, 2023
Is there a possibility for a private discussion? The initial approach would involve speaking directly with your brother, and I might be able to offer assistance if he is open to it.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by RICHMAN247(m): 4:34am On Nov 14, 2023
Your brother is an irresponsible gee. Allow him face whatever consequences that comes, then he will realize that life is deep. Clearing off the loan for him will give him the audacity to borrow more.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by AzaHub(f): 6:35am On Nov 14, 2023
Dear @Pamfresh

ALMOST everyone here is missing a vital point. A few though spoke to this point maybe due to experience. But as advocate of BANNING GAMBLING in Nigeria, I see the damage gambling has done to many of our bright youths.

NOTE THIS: This gambling addiction issue takes mostly the BRIGHTESTS of our people.

GAMBLING ISSUES is not what you think it is. What your brother needs is HELP. He's being tortured. An innate part of him is CRYING FOR HELP.

Just that you cannot hear it loud. All you see are the debts and criminal actions.

DO YOU WANT TO SAVE HIM? Because I can tell you your brother's future if you don't use the right approach now: he'll lose everything and die.

RELAX. Settling part of his debt was good move. You only bought him more time. You saved his life. But so that your sacrifice will not be in VAIN, you need to take other action NOW!

I mean it when I said: An innate part of him is CRYING FOR HELP.

Say that to your brother, and see his reaction. That an innate part of him is CRYING FOR HELP.

Its a psychological problem with many simple and tough solution, and it boils down to if you really love him and want to help him.

HE NEEDS YOUR HELP.

I started the Aza Hub forum at AZA.NG to help people addicted to gambling and declared openly that the forum shall stand against gambling and all sort of vices.

We need to know that GAMBLING PROBLEM is a bad demon that is imprisoning mostly our brightest minds.

MY RECOMMENDATION
1. Take your brother for THERAPY
2. Help him with his debt. The debts are another strong impulse to gamble more, he's hoping to recover his lost money, chasing losses
3. Pray for him, if you believe in prayers
4. Prison or whatever will certainly make you LOSE HIM. Help him.
5. Occupy him wit wholesome engaging activities. If he's idle, that demon shall engage him.
6. Surround him with people to monitor him. Never let him be alone. Let him really LIVE LIFE now. He has not been living real life.
7. Contact me for further guide. My website Aza.ng may be down temporarily due to maintenance later today. But you can always reach me via: azahubng at gmail dot com

You will not lose him. He's born to be great. That is why you MUST HELP HIM, NOW!

If he's still alive and not in prison, and not mad, there's still hope.

You will see. Contact me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Aditkd(f): 7:13am On Nov 14, 2023
Greetings Sir.
It's all going to be good.
If you reside in Lagos then pls take him to

Yaba psychiatric hospital or

Human behavioral department
Lagos state University teaching hospital Ikeja.

If you reside in any other part of the country, take him to a psychiatric hospital close to you.

He will be recommend to see a psychologist and they re psychotherapies and other therapies he will be engaged in. With time he will loose that addiction.

It's not going to be an easy journey but he will recover.

Hope I have been of aid Sir. Do have a pleasant and fulfilled day ahead Sir

4 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2023
Leave him alone and face your own life problem. No be everybody dem dey help
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by BalogunIdowu(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Too many gambling cases arising these days..

How do ppl get themselves involved in gambling?

These guys ain't out for ur interest as many may think. They're all out to make profit too so there's no way you can be smarter than them. The sooner you stop seeing gambling as a get rich quick scheme that wouldn't have any positive impact in ur lives and desist from it, the better...

First few wins and they go on to become totally bankrupt than they even started...
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Quebec91(m): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2023
I tell you
Hezzyluv:
Discovering he was owing loan sharks 2m (which he used in gambling) and repaying part of the money by u and your dad gave him temerity to borrow more and gamble. undecided

You should have allowed him to sort himself out from the loan people. He actually went to borrow more because he believe you guys would still come to his rescue again.

Addicted gamblers need to learn in hard ways. angry
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Karleb(m): 9:44am On Nov 14, 2023
Don't save a hoe, even if he is your brother.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by AzaHub(f): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2023
HELP him. He needs help.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by achimendy(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2023
Pamfresh:
Please I need mature minds advise on this topic.

Please my fellow nairanders, how do I handle this problem? I'm fed up

The only solution to this problem is to allow him face the consequences of his actions.

Me and my father did it to my brother and he learnt his lessons. I no get time for rubbish.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Swaelyf(f): 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
exactly and he should have not been pulled out of seminary, they should have met theperson in charge and explained his problem so they can send him to a remote village with no internet for a year to assist in mass and after that he resumes school because there is no way he wont stop after tht.. but him withdrawing has given him more time to spare and room to get deeply involved in it. if you have a good rapport with the person in charge of the seminary he withdrew from go to them and tell him about this and ask if there is a place they can send him to thats the only way to save him its an addiction so he doesnt need an enabling environment
Hezzyluv:
Discovering he was owing loan sharks 2m (which he used in gambling) and repaying part of the money by u and your dad gave him temerity to borrow more and gamble. undecided

You should have allowed him to sort himself out from the loan people. He actually went to borrow more because he believe you guys would still come to his rescue again.

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by 1Nairaboy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 14, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo&pp=ygUMS2Vubnkgcm9nZXJz

Hello, I recommend dopamine detox. I do consider gambling as risk_vs_reward scheme. When it becomes a habit I then consider it a mental/psychological problem rather than spiritual. To solve your brothers problem you need to knw what triggers his urges and replace it with fun_vs_happiness(reward). It could be that at the start, whenever he asked for assistance from close relative he always get a no naaa or some kind of rejection or he wants to have a lot of money so he can help people and get more disciples or loyalist, especially when he kick start his ministry (alot of ppl these day r attracted to rich ministries). So I would presume, your brother is not a bad person however, he had bad luck. In his minds, he would have made it the last time and save the family all the redicle it has brought them. If he had made it family members would have adored him and run to him to help them, but since he failed the reverse. Please find a way to tell him you understand his fears, worries and bravery but he shld do it the right way one step at a time. Fun_vs_happiness. 1. He shld see(watch 1:30:00) a lot of movies, why? in his minds he is a million times behind time but interesting movies would help refresh it. I recommend 10 movies a day especially on active football day.
2. He shld be devoted to church activities, this is were spiritual solves the problem by giving his time. 3. He should do house chores and make it a fun thing to do, the reward is that the house is clean. 4. Other fun things sports, he getting a bicycle, going on road trips, all this to beat time and detox. Finally this will not pay the money or get the money back, you'all family still need to help, find a way to reach to the loan company to give more time. In life, it's either the easy way, slow and steady or it's the hard way fast and rough..I rest my case

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Pamfresh(m): 4:02pm On Nov 14, 2023
easzypeaszy:
let him collect as much loan as he can get.. Repayment is not by force.
Wt time he wl be frustrated n block all the account himself.
Una run pay 700k but can't arrange 700k fr him to strt business or somtin
How can we start up a business for him when he's just coming out of the seminary? The real world is a different world from where he has bn living in. Besides, I ve assessed him and seen he can't run a business yet.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Pamfresh(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2023
devoutpraise:
AMEN
Amen.
I pray everyday that this be a dream but I wake up to it everyday. My B.P has gone up since I learnt of it. My brother is too gentle to think he could fall for gambling.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by axeman2(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
i am a surprised
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by pansophist(m): 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
abba190:

You are right.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by pansophist(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
Magnoliaa:
These are topics redpillers and men's rights activists, like Luminouz, ought to be addressing, but will they, no?

It is to be devising means of how to control women or sleeping with as many as possible. They will not call out the male skit makers and celebrities that are influencing for these companies or make podcasts on how to make legitimate, long-lasting wealth, it is FemCo and Uloma that is their problem.

Abi I lie, Pansophist? grin

They should be waiting for who will come and carry their matter for head.

Those who judge others rarely question themselves, finding false security in the illusion of superiority/ being the judge.

I no go talk pass this one cool

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Magnoliaa(f): 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
pansophist:
Those who judge others rarely question themselves, finding false security in the illusion of superiority/ being the judge.

I no go talk pass this one cool

LMAOOOO.

I feel a little bit attacked, personally, by this comment, but I won't say more than this, too.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by pansophist(m): 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
Magnoliaa:

LMAOOOO.

I feel a little bit attacked, personally, by this comment, but I won't say more than this, too.

Only attacked? you are not offended and disturbed too? lol
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by CR777: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2023
pansophist:

Only attacked? you are not offended and disturbed too? lol

Bro, I've been following you for a long time now and guess what? You are among the top 5 most intelligent people on nairaland.

I guess you are so well read and exposed because your points and ideas on various topics are top notch.

Please I want to be your friend, can we connect on whatsapp?

I've learnt so much from you bro and I must send you a gift this Christmas no matter what.

1 Like

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by xtreme07(m): 9:21am On Nov 15, 2023
ifynwaba:
guy you are very correct
addicted gamblers if you don't learn the hard way your head will never come to normal. I lost everything I had sold my properties sold my shop and went back to square one, currently now I regret my life I am now working as a night security guard and a private school teacher to see if I can save money again to start up business again I pray God lift me again, I went from living in a two bedroom flat to living in a church now but I believe God can still lift me up again. And I have a family of three to take care of, God please lift me I have learnt my lessons gambling is very bad
you reminded me of one guy I used to know years ago here
Goes by the name ifecowanba or so.
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by pansophist(m): 9:45am On Nov 15, 2023
CR777:

Bro, I've been following you for a long time now and guess what? You are among the top 5 most intelligent people on nairaland.

I guess you are so well read and exposed because your points and ideas on various topics are top notch.

I've learnt so much from you bro and I must send you a gift this Christmas no matter what.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by Regex: 10:14am On Nov 15, 2023
CR777:

Ask for his account number... Shikina
Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by AzaHub(f): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2023
For those seeking help, here it is.
Psychotherapy sessions. And support.
#HelpDontBlame

Re: My Brothers Gambling Problem by caesymore(m): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2023
Hezzyluv:

Mr. Advicer if that nigga kpai himself you go come here give another advice abi grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / How Would You Express Your Displeasure To Your Wife??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.