Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,610 members, 7,979,061 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:34 PM

Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years (24375 Views)

Oscar Onyema Marries Annette At 52 (Photo) / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by 3ice9ce: 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
Tareq1105:

Obidients would come for you.

I will eat them for dinner tonight.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by mirajpress: 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2023
ujftfyyeryerd
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by godofuck231: 9:10pm On Nov 14, 2023
Finally barclays Bank nigeria is bankrupt
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Codes151(m): 9:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
It’s only in nigeria.
A bank will agree to its buy out share.

That bank should be solid and all its assets.

The value of share determined by the Government or federal body to equate to the total sales
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by BreakingNews21: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2023
TTB is making grandiose moves to be such a young bank only established in 2018.

BTW TTB is headquartered in Lagos.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_Trust_Bank

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by jubrilELsudan: 9:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
AS E BE SO NA CLOSE DEM DEY CLOSE THE BANK OOOO

MAKE UNA GO COMOT UNA MONEY OOOOO

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by billyG(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Old school bank with few branches unwilling to upgrade is going extinct.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by NICENEDU29: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2023
Adjovi:
My bank. One of the best banks in Nigeria if not the best self. I've been using them since 2016 and I've not had any issues with them at all. People call them old peoples bank but they have upgraded a lot and better than most of Una young people bank.
My dear, you are 100% correct and I totally agree with you. That is my bank too and I have been using it since 2012. I bank with 6 different banks and Union Bank remains the best among them. The problem is that people underrate the bank so much, calling it old people's bank but they don't really know that it is even more efficient than most of all the other banks. I have never had any single issue with the bank since I started banking with them. I have never before encountered any glitch or poor service whenever I am doing any transaction with their app. Very cool bank with fast and reliable service.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by treatise: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
dedonfranco:
What happens to people who bought shares from them.....People who invested their money?
They'd be paid N7. 70 per share and that will be end of the story for shareholders.

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Cassandraloius: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hmmm...
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Nitata: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Adjovi:
My bank. One of the best banks in Nigeria if not the best self. I've been using them since 2016 and I've not had any issues with them at all. People call them old peoples bank but they have upgraded a lot and better than most of Una young people bank.

Don't mind them, that's where I have my Corporate account, and banking has been seamless with UBN.

FBN, UBA, ZIB, does not give me the attention I derive from UBN

5 Likes

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by idanone(m): 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/14/union-bank-delists-from-the-nigerian-exchange-after-52-years/?amp=1
does that mean those customers who deposit money with them can't reclaim their fund?
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by abuhari: 10:17pm On Nov 14, 2023
Oh God my bank, RIP Union bank😭😢😭😭
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Af0nja: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2023
dedonfranco:
What happens to people who bought shares from them.....People who invested their money?

Did you read the article? It says there that they'll be bought off. The majority shareholder will pay them 7Naira per share for them to forsake their holdings.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Isokoboy(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Interesting.

I GUESS THE BANK WILL LIQUIDATE SOON.

THIS IS THIEF-BUHARÌ'S BANK - FORMER IDIOTIC USELESS PRESIDENT.

IT'S THE BANK THAT HELPED HIM TO STEAL AND KEEP ALL HIS LOOTS.

I GUESS HE HAS WITHDRAWN ALL HIS LOOT NOW AND THE BANK IS ABOUT TO BE BANKRUPTED.

If you know what's good for you, quickly withdraw any money you have left in that useless bank.

Being an illiterate is one thing..but becoming foolish , stupid....and topping with illiteracy is another thing... May God help u

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by rhames(m): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2023
dedonfranco:

They are going to be paid N7.70 per share
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by almarthins(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Union Bank has always give us that “Ancient of Days” of days vibe.

They're always behind like woman yansh.

I wish them and their pensioner customers the very best.

Union bank, big, strong, reliable.
So na true say dem don nail u inside coffin. So stallion is gone just like that.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by PlayMaker14: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
almarthins:

Union bank, big, strong, reliable.
So na true say dem don nail u inside coffin. So stallion is gone just like that.
You might be mistaking me for the family member you love most.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by UncleKoboko: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2023
Isokoboy:

Being an illiterate is one thing..but becoming foolish , stupid....and topping with illiteracy is another thing... May God help u
I guess you're mistaken me for your father...
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Gilgil: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2023
Philosophy is a subject studied over a lifetime for an individual, and over several lifetimes for generations, yet transcends times.

Its actually a sign of poor understanding to tease someone about any number of years in its study.

Enlightened people know that philosophy is not bound by the 4 walls or any walls for that matter!

3ice9ce:

You must be one of those who used 10 years to study philosophy.
You are slow in the head.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by SalamRushdie: 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2023
UncleKoboko:
Interesting.

I GUESS THE BANK WILL LIQUIDATE SOON.

THIS IS THIEF-BUHARÌ'S BANK - FORMER IDIOTIC USELESS PRESIDENT.

IT'S THE BANK THAT HELPED HIM TO STEAL AND KEEP ALL HIS LOOTS.

I GUESS HE HAS WITHDRAWN ALL HIS LOOT NOW AND THE BANK IS ABOUT TO BE BANKRUPTED.

If you know what's good for you, quickly withdraw any money you have left in that useless bank.

Hell no , the bank just got acquired by Dutch billionaire,..they Are just taking the company private
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Caseless: 12:07am On Nov 15, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Union Bank has always give us that “Ancient of Days” of days vibe.

They're always behind like woman yansh.

I wish them and their pensioner customers the very best.
You don't know union bank.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Caseless: 12:09am On Nov 15, 2023
Eleph:
So sad it has to end this way!
Bad leadership quality of the CEO/MD who rose through the ranks from Akwa Ibom State.
Who's that?
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Caseless: 12:13am On Nov 15, 2023
Adjovi:
Most people don't know how sweet that bank is. Union Bank is probably one of the best banks in Nigeria.

Nigerians have attachment for stereotypes, hence the tag of "old people bank".

In fact, I got it from NYSC and I haven't regretted it - I upgraded and virtually built it.

You need to be on their union 360 platform to know what's up. I don't know of any rival bank with a better platform.

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by 3ice9ce: 12:14am On Nov 15, 2023
Gilgil:
Philosophy is a subject studied over a lifetime for an individual, and over several lifetimes for generations, yet transcends times.

Its actually a sign of poor understanding to tease someone about any number of years in its study.

Enlightened people know that philosophy is not bound by the 4 walls or any walls for that matter!

You are the worst specie of what an educated person should be.
You are using your education to defend academic incompetence and mental bareness. Such a shame.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Caseless: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2023
post=126971137:
CBN Deputy Governor, got the approval of the CBN to acquire an 89.4% stake in Union Bank of Nigeria.
Six months later, in June 2022, TTB completed the deal to acquire a 93.4% stake in the bank.
TTB owned by Lemo acquired union bank of over 100 years. Where did he get the money from? Men!

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2023
Caseless:
TTB owned by Lemo acquired union bank of over 100 years. Where did he get the money from? Men!
We just found this online.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/12/24/the-people-and-shareholders-behind-titan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Caseless: 12:34am On Nov 15, 2023
post=126973463:

We just found this online.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/12/24/the-people-and-shareholders-behind-titan

Thanks.

I now see TGI hands in it.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Gilgil: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2023
You still didn’t get the message and so you resort to insults which is absent whenever enlightened minds speak.

You are yet limited by close-mindedness.

Come forth when you hopefully attain some level of learning and enlightenment.

3ice9ce:

You are the worst specie of what an educated person should be.
You are using your education to defend academic incompetence and mental bareness. Such a shame.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by jamesversion: 1:58am On Nov 15, 2023
post=126971137]CBN Deputy Governor, got the approval of the CBN to acquire an 89.4% stake in Union Bank of Nigeria.
Six months later, in June 2022, TTB completed the deal to acquire a 93.4% stake in the bank.[/quote]

[quote author=Caseless
:

That's the issue for me. Like how is it ethical for a serving central bank deputy governor to acquire a bank at such a huge amount while still in office. Nigeria is just a terrible place.
Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by ican2020: 3:33am On Nov 15, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
A moment of silence for union bank
Delisting does not mean closing shop they are still in business and ones things settle properly the new owners will now give the remaining shareholders some options

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Delists From The Nigerian Stock Exchange After 52 Years by Hanndye: 5:59am On Nov 15, 2023
3ice9ce:

You must be one of those who used 10 years to study philosophy.
You are slow in the head.
Tinubu is putting Yorubas to shame. Is that OKAY?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: MMM Is Back And Better With Massive Merging Of Orders. / I Got Arrested When Policemen Saw Bitcoin Trading On My Phone / The Much Needed Prepaid Electricity Meters Now Sell For N60,000- Punch Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.