Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,433 members, 7,971,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:54 AM

Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal (5224 Views)

Private Sector Backs Fg On Removal Of Subsidies On Petroleum Products / World Bank To Assist Fg On Job Creation - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Petrol May Cost 195 Naira Per Litre (From 65 Naira) - NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2011
what an irony.the supposed defenders becomes the villain.religion itself 4s a bytch producing dummies in this part of africa.i wonder what other pastors like adeboye with oil investments have to say
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kx: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2011
I wish Desmond Tutu was a Nigerian.

Why dont people boycott the churches of pastors that campaign for corrupt leaders?
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by yemmyyy(m): 10:18am On Oct 28, 2011
I think CAN excos should be on the mountain fasting and praying for the nation instead of seeking relevance in the political scene.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Austyn316(m): 10:48am On Oct 28, 2011
I respect Papa Ayo a lot. I regard him as a mentor and someone who is a genuine man of God (thus is my opinion). I, however, disagree respectfully with him on this one. I don't think whoever represented Papa Ayo at that meeting had his permission to say what we have here. If however, Papa Ayo gave the go ahead, then I'm disappointed.

I feel CAN should be concerned about the welfare of the masses. These church leaders are comfortable in every respect. They drive good cars, live in big houses and keep on receiving gifts from the flock. They don't know what it means to labour and wait for a salary and then go through the pain of paying for bills. I am truly disappointed.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by anataala: 11:21am On Oct 28, 2011
I think this pastor is not well, he sound like a devil how an earth will he support this heartless issue, any way we are not surprised because nowadays politicians share loots with him so he has to protect them, but i strongly believe he needs a deliverance prayer because he has gone astray
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2011
@austyn
I think its about time u Av a new mentor. Ur present one seems more of a fraud to me than what he professes
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ayokunle07(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

I wish Desmond Tutu was a Nigerian.

Why dont people boycott the churches of pastors that campaign for corrupt leaders?

Because the pew is as corrupt too. How else do you think they pay those fat tithes in church? Can the pastors speak against ill-gotten wealth? "It is God" is what they will say, the answer to their prayers, though acquired in an illegal manner. This country is just f***
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Olaone1: 11:36am On Oct 28, 2011
CAN?!

CAN and their Muslim counterpart are thieves. There is nothing religious about Nigeria. Everybody is corrrupt. We only have hypocrites.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2011
may God help us in Nigeria.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by edicolove: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
All of you on here ranting with the band wagon, please can you tell me how fuel subsidy benefits the so called average man? I am still waiting for anyone to tell me how it benefits the common man. All I see is insults and negative talk, nothing else.

And please add to that how removing fuel subsidy is more profitable for GEJ than retaining it.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by bedane: 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
All this arguments are flawed. Removing or keeping the fuel subsidy is not my utmost concern in this issue but the sincerity of Nigerians. How does the barber increase his fee from 200 to 400 because Fuel price increased . Is the fuel the only variable cost that keeps the business. Same goes for all business with the exception of a few. Nigerians are not sincere with one another and until we do there is no progress in view. That's my take on the issue.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by mikeapollo: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2011
These cartel called PFN/CAN opposed are in support of removal of subsidy, (which would ultimately lead to more hardship), but they were against a good idea that was aimed at asisting the poor/lower income people in the society(Islamic Banking).

Politicians in Cassock!

By their fruits you shall know them
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by olawalebabs(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2011
mikeapollo:

These cartel called PFN/CAN opposed are in support of removal of subsidy, (which would ultimately lead to more hardship), but they were against a good idea that was aimed at[b] asisting the poor/lower income people in the society(Islamic Banking).
[/b]
Politicians in Cassock!

By their fruits you shall know them
I love that
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by titusjk: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2011
Wat concerns all dis pastors with subsidy, well i dnt blame them, tithe and offering is there for them.
embarassed
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by stagger: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
Pastor Oritsejafor has just lost whatever respect I had for him.

This is what was happening in Rivers under Peter Odili, when pastors were frequenting government house for meal tickets, except David Ibiyeomie, who of course, fell out of favour with the government of the day.

Even the bible records such happenings in Israel and Judah when prophets were being fed by the kings, and they were busy prophesying fake prophecies, until one of them whom King Ahab naturally hated, prophesied the king's death, and the king ordered him to be jailed and fed with bread of affliction pending when he returns from battle. Of course the king never came back alive.

I hope Pastor Oritsejafor and others like him read that scripture again and see what God himself does to pastors who forsake the interests of the people in order to enjoy the goodies of the government of the day.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by stagger: 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2011
And as an adjunct, I think our men of God have a whole lot to learn from Bishop Desmond Tutu and Rev Al Sharpton, who did not just stay in the pulpit preaching but went out against social and political evils. And they are still doing it.

I am baffled as to how men of God cannot come out openly to condemn this obnoxious policy of so-called subsidy removal. Then what are they really preaching?

I am a Christian to the core and that is why I am very much pained by the silence on this issue.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by wellheads(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
Ola one:

CAN?!

CAN and their Muslim counterpart are thieves. There is nothing religious about Nigeria. Everybody is corrrupt. We only have hypocrites.

Chairman,
Wetin concern muslims concern CAN naw? Comment on wetin dey ground or wait make Islamic Affairs Council too misyarn b4 u finish dem now.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by olawalebabs(m): 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2011
wellheads:

Chairman,
Wetin concern muslims concern CAN naw? Comment on wetin dey ground or wait make Islamic Affairs Council too misyarn b4 u finish dem now.
my brother me self dey wonder o
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Demdem(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
bedane:

All this arguments are flawed. Removing or keeping the fuel subsidy is not my utmost concern in this issue but the sincerity of Nigerians. How does the barber increase his fee from 200 to 400 because Fuel price increased . Is the fuel the only variable cost that keeps the business. Same goes for all business with the exception of a few. Nigerians are not sincere with one another and until we do there is no progress in view. That's my take on the issue.

Newbie, do u live in Nigeria?
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by manny4life(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
bedane:

Did you study economics at all? Did you not know that price is directly related to commodities? What rubbish are you ranting? When fuel price goes up, doesn't the barber travel to his place of work for business? You should also also, those in the banks, how does increase in fuel price affect them. Doesn't the barber travel to get resources used for his job (inventory)? Is that directly related to travel expense? Please before you call peoples argument flawed, hear yourself out "FIRST".

What has fuel got to do with variable costing? Fuel is a major commodity on which activities depend on it, If you want me to school you on economics, I'll be more than happy to do so.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by nattyspice: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
C.A.N my foot,who gave them the authority to speak on behalf of christains.These busy bodies should stop dragging the church into dubious and wicked alliance with the F.G.Nigerians must rise up with one voice and say no this fraud called subsidy
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by olawalebabs(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2011
bedane:

newbie, no fall your hand here, issue of sincerity is paramount but saying fuel increment is should not result to barber increasing their fees is not a point
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by kokogee: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2011
CAN is a political body; the CAN president is looking for political appointment.

God deeeeey!!!
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by abey2(m): 1:00am On Oct 30, 2011
Too much vituperation and negative comments on nairaland, I wonder why Nigerians cannot for once ask for facts ,figures and reasons why the government § toeing this policy line, every step the govt takes § deemed negative, even if the CAN leaders do support it,it there candid opinion, the same way I feel subsidy § not sustainable too, remove emotions  let's face this.though, we should make a short/long term plans to rescusitate our ailing refineries before we toe this subsidy path.
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by page9(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
@ abbey2
Well,I do not see anything wrong with people expressing their frustration on d corrupt and inefficient govt and its anti-people policies thru nairaland platform. In fact,I will even urge protests and demonstrations similar to that of Egypt. It took d likes of Egypt 32 yrs and Libya 42 yrs to take their collective destiny in their hands. Who knows,  Subsidy removal may be the catalyst to get rid of these greedy and self-centered politicians at all levels!

To d subject matter, Nigerians need to know why we spend over 75% of our budget on salaries and overheads of politicians?
Why is it easier for  governors to steal billions and go scot-free than for an average worker to get N18k minimum wage?
Why has refineries not work?
Why has govt refuse to name d so called "Cabal" in d fuel importation deals?
Why has price of diesel not come down? I know that diesel can be sold below N100 at present but the "Cartel" will frustrate anyone who attempt to do so
The only reason is because of the monumental corruption of those in govt and their cronies.
Let no one be deceived. Those collecting d oil subsidy from govt have always been in d corridors of power. Most have been former ministers,ex vice-presidents and ex-presidents. The (PIGs) Parasites in Govt are so powerfull that they will always find a way to make money off the govt perhaps thru shady contract. They have Oil block allocations,Oil importation licenses, Refinery licences.Some of them even get Juicy road contracts awarded to them over 2yrs ago while innocent people are loosing their lives everyday.Lagos-Ibadan is an example.
From all indication,GEJ does not look like someone who can challenge these "Cabal".
Nigerians are d only one who can stop this madness. Untill we take them to the claeners nothing will change.
Let those of us who want to a just and better Nigeria begins to organise and prepare our minds for the eventualities.
Few people started Tunisian and Egyptian revolution.
Likewise, we do not need 100million Nigerians to make impact.
Politicians believe nigerians are too docile to challenge them, only time will tell whether they are right or wrong.Heaven help those who help themselves not those who can lament the most.
Enough of talking, let's start taking action
Re: Wale Adefarasin (PFN) Backs FG On Fuel Subsidy Removal by mencer(m): 3:04am On Nov 01, 2011
when the church gets mixing with politicians they cause confusions
i think they should focus on their primary assignment
Are these men Capitalists or what ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Business Concept. / Osusu Coordinator Runs With Money / How To Sell Your Old Inactive Fiverr Accounts For Quick Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.