Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,988 members, 7,927,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 06:02 AM

Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? (1442 Views)

Poll: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked?

Yes, Someone else shld take over: 43% (7 votes)
No, Lets just play by the rule: 56% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Offtopic "Bar Joint" For Jokers (season II) / JACKPOT!!! Offtopic Bar Joint For Jokers~ / Badosky!! ~Offtopic Chilling SPA for Jokers~(Season V) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by dani1luv: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2011
Mehn, jackie, u no try at all oh, people complain of your bar, they say no good and assorted meat there, all your drinks and vodka, expired, the barattendants(females) all us dem dun resign due to your incompetence, na soo dey talk am oo, say na only u dey do d cooking and serving, chei, even the newbies complain

So guyz i nid your opinion on this SHOULD D EXISTING BAR BE LOCKED?:-/

KINDLY USE THE POLL TOO

thanks
dani, ben
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by bingbagbo(m): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2011
Today today, make unna lock am!

ppppp!
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by dani1luv: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2011
bin, u havent used the poll
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by Ajibel(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2011
Lock am. It isnt as interesting as before. I no fit vote,na mobile i dey use o!
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by StudioCFR(m): 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2011
when i call some fiful unfit and incompetent jokers now, my critics go say na Biff

Imagine Offtopic chat thread under Blackpot abi na Jackpot dem say the Ibo Man dey answer running down flat like an 80yrs old woman's sagged Nyansh for the first time in the history of jokes section. .

Abeg make una lock am jor
I don click grin
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by sledge406: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Dunno when last I clicked that topic but for the few times I have visited the "Joke Section", I have to say that OFFTOPIC CHAT THREAD is the worst of its kind, not because of its content (which I reiterate, I haven't clicked to see what it holds lately) but solely because it is the only OFFTOPIC THREAD that it yet to get to the 90th page in over 5 months (if I am not mistaken) of its existence yet every interesting topic should get to its 100th page before being locked.

Well goes on to tell you what this once-a-lovely-section has turned out to be. (Interests and communications really fading).

Danny, when did the JOKE SECTION become a recycle bin or your OGA nor fit create another section for Nairaland and tag am RECYCLE BIN? Why push unwanted stuffs from other sections down here even when they aren't really funny? Abeg make una MOD call for family meeting and make am one of una agenda.

My 2 Kobo!!!
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2011
Mr Mod, don't you think your action is so childish. You opened a thread for another thread? Guy, you don fall hand big time. SMH.

Dullness of the forum is not caused by Jokes Sec neither it is done by our offtopic bar. Yesterday, I went through Dating and Meet-up Section: can you believe that only 8 threads were commented up on there? It's a general thing.

Have you come across the idiom: Giving a dog a bad name so that it would be hanged? That's what you're trying to do.

Just take a look at your second option: No, let's just play by the rule

So you know that there's a rule on the ground? Choi.

Now, I'll ask you an incisive question: "If you put up a poll on whether Bin Gbagbo should be banned, what do you think the outcome would be?

I rest my case. cool
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by ElementG(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Dani, awww man,  u guys dont have to be dat harsh,  anyone could fall into d hole,  when i ran d thread,  i know it got full quick but it doesnt mean one day i wont go dry  undecided undecided give him a break please
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
@DANi
Re-read what Sledge posted. He made a whole lot of points.

Another thing also working against Jokes Sec is it's non-counting Post status. At least I know if it's counting, we would be competing with Politics and Romance Sec now.

Listen to the voice of wisdom. I still can't believe you of all people can come up with this crappy question.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by bingbagbo(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Chamber pot abi jackpot

dont bring your nonsense on me oo!

* shadow boxing *
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by StudioCFR(m): 12:21am On Oct 29, 2011
bin gbagbo:

@ Chamber pot abi jackpot

dont bring your nonsense on me oo!

* shadow boxing *

Ode!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2011
Arise oh Lord and put my H-enemies to shame. Mu he he he he. tongue

Guys, thanks for your support.
Element G, you're the real man. Thanks Guys for your support. Every celebrity has his scandal moments maybe. Mu he he he he he

Thanks for rising up for what's right fellas. I owe una one
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2011
Oops! Somebody just made it 6 - 3!

meagre 3 people saying yes and a whooping, darling, no-nonsense 6 macho of guys & ladies standing up for what's right.

Thanks mates, one love.

Who will make it 7?
Manchester United against Arsenal/As Roma. This is soo sweet. Thanks guys

Arise oh Lord and let my H-enemies be scattered! Mu he he he he tongue tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by StudioCFR(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2011
u come dey console yourself with this Stale yarns sey wetin happen?

ARE U UNDER PRESSURE OR WHAT?
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by dani1luv: 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2011
sledge406:

Dunno when last I clicked that topic but for the few times I have visited the "Joke Section", I have to say that OFFTOPIC CHAT THREAD is the worst of its kind, not because of its content (which I reiterate, I haven't clicked to see what it holds lately) but solely because it is the only OFFTOPIC THREAD that it yet to get to the 90th page in over 5 months (if I am not mistaken) of its existence yet every interesting topic should get to its 100th page before being locked.

Well goes on to tell you what this once-a-lovely-section has turned out to be. (Interests and communications really fading).

Danny, when did the JOKE SECTION become a recycle bin or your OGA nor fit create another section for Nairaland and tag am RECYCLE BIN? Why push unwanted stuffs from other sections down here even when they aren't really funny?  Abeg make una MOD call for family meeting and make am one of una agenda.

My 2 Kobo!!!
My question now is, should it be locked? coz am absolutely sure it would take another 5months before it would get to a 100page, except a miracle happens

sledge406:

Danny, when did the JOKE SECTION become a recycle bin or your OGA nor fit create another section for Nairaland and tag am RECYCLE BIN? Why push unwanted stuffs from other sections down here even when they aren't really funny?  Abeg make una MOD call for family meeting and make am one of una agenda.

My 2 Kobo!!!

Noted!!!! thanks wink

Element G:

@ Dani, awww man,  u guys dont have to be dat harsh,  anyone could fall into d hole,  when i ran d thread,  i know it got full quick but it doesnt mean one day i wont go dry  undecided undecided give him a break please
kk, So what you saying in essence is that we should leave the Joke Offtopic thread to continue in its boredom?? undecided
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by dani1luv: 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2011
jackpot:

@DANi
Re-read what Sledge posted. He made a whole lot of points.

Another thing also working against Jokes Sec is it's non-counting Post status. At least I know if it's counting, we would be competing with Politics and Romance Sec now.

Listen to the voice of wisdom. I still can't believe you of all people can come up with this crappy question.
Noted, I have sent a message to the admin concerning this now,
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by ElementG(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2011
dani1luv:

kk, So what you saying in essence is that we should leave the Joke Offtopic thread to continue in its boredom?? undecided

tell me dani, do u just think the name "jackpot" attracts boredom, cos i dont just get d basics of this argument, what's ur probability that if another person or even you goes to open a new thread, we wont tell each other happy new year 5 times there undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2011
^My dear, I wonder oh.

He's talking as if I prevent anybody posting there oh. Giving a dog a bad name just as to hang it. Plan A failed, Plan B failed woefully. . Now what? Mu he mu he he mu he he he he tongue cheesy

Dani, what exactly is your problem? The polls are certainly against you cos people are standing up for what's right. We want to follow the rule.

Arise oh Lord and scatter my H-enemies around the world just as you did to the contractors of Tower of Babylon. Mu he he he he tongue tongue tongue cheesy

Thanks guys. All of y'all are da bomb. *shines teeth* grin

Manchester 7 - 4 Coventry City

Thanks to the scorer of the 7th goal. You too mush mush mush. Ke ke ke ke ke

This victory calls for celebrations. Priceless!

who will score no 8? I can't wait for that special goal. Thanks guys.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by bingbagbo(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2011
if u dont kill this thread 2day, i will resign! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2011
Jackpot Don already carry Em 8 Accounts Vote NO, Lets Play by the Rules! angry angry
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by bingbagbo(m): 11:42am On Oct 31, 2011
mcheew!
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
El Guapo:

Jackpot Don already carry Em 8 Accounts Vote NO, Lets Play by the Rules! angry angry
not everybody thinks like you, ok?

Now, dani lock this your thread cos it is creating unnecessary tension so we can face our offtopic squarely. Thank you.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2011
Olodo u think say to run thread easy, U come dey bleat like Goat for ID's SPA calling for her Head -- Hope u get to Enjoy the Recession for that Rat ravaged Bar of Urs

Ciao! tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by bright007(f): 5:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
i was taking to d moon and asked if d offtopic be locked,my answer was an emphatic"NO".I was again taken to planet jupiter,my answer was still an 'EMPHATIC NO'.Even if i die and u were to ask my lifeless bod y this question,it would still be an 'EMPHATIC NO'.Its just jackpot for life.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2011
El Guapo:

Olodo u think say to run thread easy, U come dey bleat like Goat for ID's SPA calling for her Head -- Hope u get to Enjoy the Recession for that Rat ravaged Bar of Urs

Ciao!  tongue tongue cheesy

what a celebrated bra-washer and arse-kisser you're, man. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by jackpot(f): 5:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
bright007:

i was taking to d moon and asked if d offtopic be locked,my answer was an emphatic"NO".I was again taken to planet jupiter,my answer was still an 'EMPHATIC NO'.Even if i die and u were to ask my lifeless bod y this question,it would still be an 'EMPHATIC NO'.Its just jackpot for life.
To tell you I wasn't moved when I saw this would've easily been a lie.
Thanks man, I'll remember this. You 5 much sef. smiley cool cool cool
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by mikelo143: 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
Immense and wonderful effort by the admin i reflect you want more ideas share at the place,
And get more facts by read this site,
goat milk lotion
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by ARareGem(f): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
Hmmn undecided
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by mikelo143: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
Exciting topic what a enormous information get by the novelist i love to read it ,
Please join it and get more info,
eczema products
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by lilkech(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2011
so Dani, you will set up a public poll to lock someones thread but when it is my own turn, una (mods) go do 'in house' voting abi? I see that once i become admin i will terminate many peoples memberships.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by Ben13: 11:35am On Nov 01, 2011
POSTS NOW COUNT. . . Let's bring back the Fun in the section.
Re: Should The Existing Offtopic Thread Be Locked? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
^^ Tell me u aint wanting to make me Stick to this section for real! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2)

Good Suggestion From A Good Dad To His Son / Biblical Toasting.. / Wow.. Check Out Dis Latest Nigerian Movie Poster..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.