Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,738 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF (9012 Views)

48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / Five Notorious Spots Where People Defecate Openly In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Zeebuy: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2023
wunmi590:

I served in Akwa ibom too 11years ago and most of the houses I saw there too don't have toilet, up till now is still same, as I went to the Catholic church that hosted me, during my days in Akaw ibom and is still same till now
Na waa o, it's too bad.
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by comrChris(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2023
Omoawoke2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/open-defecation-doubts-over-nigerias-attainment-of-2025-target-experts/amp/

Ebonyi is the worst

You have been busy shouting Ebonyi, have you been to Ebonyi state?
I believe this report based on what I saw in Ekiti state, ado ekiti for that matter, which is their capital. I don't know Oyo that much, but ado ekiti, from okesa down to oja oba, in fact the town center, the houses there which are majorly mud house don't have toilet, they make use of nylon,small bucket and gutters around there. This is not them say, I witnessed it live. The funniest thing is that sometimes, when you are passing,you will see both men and women openly defficating on water ways.

But you can never see such thing in abakaliki, it's not possible. So if this can be seen in ado Ekiti which is their capital then, it's a common practice everywhere in Ekiti

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by wunmi590(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2023
Zeebuy:

Na waa o, it's too bad.

There are somethings that are not debatable, Nigeria doesn't have a better structure for a public toilet, hence people just find a open space and do their thing...

Alot of things the government need to address before we can move forward, is just like dirty, you see dirty everywhere..

2 Likes

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by DrQaisar: 8:47am On Nov 21, 2023
Osteoarthritis Basics: A Simple Overview
Osteoarthritis, often referred to as the "wear and tear" arthritis, is a common yet complex condition that affects millions of people worldwide. This degenerative joint disease primarily impacts the cartilage, the protective tissue that cushions the ends of bones in a joint. Understanding the basics of osteoarthritis is crucial, especially when considering its relevance to rheumatological diseases and the potential for flare-ups. In this blog, we'll delve into the fundamentals of osteoarthritis, its connection to rheumatology, and explore related services provided by rheumatological clinics like SNR Rheumatology.
Osteoarthritis and Rheumatology
Rheumatology, a specialized branch of medicine, focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune conditions, and inflammatory disorders. Osteoarthritis falls within the purview of rheumatological diseases due to its impact on joints, albeit in a distinct manner from autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. Understanding the connection between osteoarthritis and rheumatology is essential for comprehensive patient care, especially considering the potential for flare-ups and the need for specialized management.
Rheumatological Consultation
One vital service provided by rheumatology clinics is comprehensive consultation. Skilled rheumatologist assess the patient's medical history, symptoms, and conduct thorough examinations to diagnose and manage osteoarthritis. This personalized approach ensures that the treatment plan aligns with the patient's specific needs, considering factors such as age, lifestyle, and the severity of the condition.
Viscosupplementation Injection
Viscosupplementation is a procedure involving the injection of a gel-like substance into the joint to enhance the lubricating properties of the synovial fluid. This treatment is particularly relevant for osteoarthritis patients, as it aims to reduce pain and improve joint function. Rheumatology clinics, like SNR Rheumatology, offer viscosupplementation injections as part of their comprehensive osteoarthritis management services.
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet-rich plasma injections involve the extraction and concentration of a patient's own blood platelets, which are then injected into the affected joint. This innovative approach aims to stimulate the natural healing process, promoting tissue repair and reducing inflammation. Rheumatological clinics often include PRP injections as part of their therapeutic arsenal for osteoarthritis patients.
Is Chondrosis the Same as Osteoarthritis?
While osteoarthritis is commonly understood, confusion can arise regarding terms such as Is chondrosis the same as osteoarthritis?. Chondrosis refers to the abnormal development or degeneration of cartilage, which is a shared characteristic with osteoarthritis. However, they are not synonymous. Osteoarthritis is a specific form of chondrosis characterized by progressive joint degeneration. Consulting with a rheumatologist can provide clarity on these distinctions and ensure an accurate diagnosis.
In conclusion, understanding osteoarthritis basics is crucial for individuals seeking comprehensive rheumatological care. Specialized services offered by clinics like SNR Rheumatology play a vital role in managing osteoarthritis and related conditions, providing patients with personalized treatments and interventions to enhance their quality of life.
More Resources
Understanding Arthritis: Osteoarthritis Flare-Ups, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and More
Empowering Yourself Against Rheumatological Pain
Top Rheumatological Treatments and Therapies Explained
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Kinzo0917(m): 8:53am On Nov 21, 2023
How old are you?
Is this thread about Ebonyi? Tribalism has beclouded your sense of reasoning that u might go insane. We know every part of Nigeria is affected by open defecation. But this thread is about Ibadan. Tomorrow it can be Imo or my state Delta.
Omoawoke2:

What’s Ebonyi doing in number one

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/open-defecation-doubts-over-nigerias-attainment-of-2025-target-experts/amp/
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Alliswell248: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2023
Lies...
The same Oyo, I once lived in...

How many people are in Oyo?

Does this mean one out of every three people does this?

These sore losers won't rest....

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Chigorkizz(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2023
Too much pepper in stew😂😂
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by somehow: 9:25am On Nov 21, 2023
What's the total population?
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by BRATISLAVA: 9:32am On Nov 21, 2023
Can smell the ooze of them from here. Must be another Kolkata there.
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by BRATISLAVA: 9:33am On Nov 21, 2023
somehow:
What's the total population?

Enough to have 4.3 million people shitting and wallowing in it. They don't even bury it like on a trail, they just do it and walk away. There's only one other place in the world they love doing that.

1 Like

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by oyeb15: 9:36am On Nov 21, 2023
Ado Ekiti 65per cent.

Government should enforce residential buildings to have toilets. Owners of buildings without toilets should be fined and taken to court.
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Originalsly: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2023
Antivirus92:

did you go to school at all?

I did not .... but I somehow know to begin a sentence with a capital letter. Did you go to school at all? If yes, I hope your parents didn't have to pay school fees.
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by igwebuike01: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2023
Omoawoke2:

In case you miss Anambra

They practice open defecation and 70% of the population don’t have access to facilities

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/672000-people-still-practice-open-defecation-in-anambra-says-unicef/amp/
I

Tell you Igbo people to bring it on

Anambra 600k
Oyo 4.3 million.
What exactly is your point?
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by oneman2k7: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2023
Q
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by SirLakes: 10:05am On Nov 21, 2023
This figure is not correct

Na 8 million people grin

They can shit in front of their government House sef

They can even do it in front of their obas palace...shit everywhere grin
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by illicit(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2023
PaulH07:

How person go dey homeless in a cheap city like Ibadan?

That person go be confirmed vagabond if na Lagos hin dey

Lol
Na true
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Originalsly: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2023
Unicornpro:

Don't mind those yeye people. What's is the total population of Oyo State self?

Almost 8 million. 4.3 million practice open defecation... while 5.6 million lack adequate toilet. So even people with toilet practice open defecation. UNICEF and their scandalous numbers.
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Agugbadin: 10:19am On Nov 21, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by blowjohn(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2023
What's ebonyi doing at number 1?
I thought the state is notorious for street hawking?

As for ibadan, left there about 15 years ago.
Early morning open defecation was so rampant.

That said, in abuja, the northerners do it very well.

So it's everywhere except places like Akwaibom, calabar etc
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by blowjohn(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

Enough to have 4.3 million people shitting and wallowing in it. They don't even bury it like on a trail, they just do it and walk away. There's only one other place in the world they love doing that.

India?
Cos Indians are the dirtiest humans roamaing the earth.

If u see Indians preparing street food eh.

U go vomit.
Sweat, tears, saliva follow join the cinnamon, curry and other spices
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by IamtheTruth1(m): 10:40am On Nov 21, 2023
illicit:
I no go lie

Even though I am Yoruba

Open defecation worse for Ibadan

So many homeless immigrants therein

Shit for roadside kerb, shit for underbridge, ontop bridge, motorpark
Shit everywhere

Too many people in Ibadan, half of them homeless

🥴

They should just rename the town to land of the shits na
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by QUERESWILI(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2023
No wonder why cocoa dey thrive well for Ibadan...manure everywhere!!!
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by comrChris(m): 10:50am On Nov 21, 2023
oyeb15:
Ado Ekiti 65per cent.

Government should enforce residential buildings to have toilets. Owners of buildings without toilets should be fined and taken to court.
Thought I was the only one that noticed that in ado Ekiti.
Funny enough this thing happen not far from their government house which is located at okesa.
Though I left there since 10years ago, I visited last year and found out nothing much has changed about this situation

3 Likes

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by javaguru: 10:50am On Nov 21, 2023
grin grin
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by comrChris(m): 10:52am On Nov 21, 2023
blowjohn:
What's ebonyi doing at number 1?
I thought the state is notorious for street hawking?

As for ibadan, left there about 15 years ago.
Early morning open defecation was so rampant.

That said, in abuja, the northerners do it very well.

So it's everywhere except places like Akwaibom, calabar etc
Oga, that Ebonyi own isn't correct. You hardly see open defecation in abakaliki and other towns, except maybe in villages.

1 Like

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Quebec91(m): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2023
cheesy
Atarakpa:
I want to know who do the counting. One idiot will wake up one morning and give ridiculous number and we accept it as true
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by omokab: 11:32am On Nov 21, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
Goooood...

When we tell them that Apart from Lagos, ( which was built by the British) South West is actually South West...dem no gree...

What this report connotes is that your chances of matching shit ( both dried or fresh one ) while galavanting on ten toes in Oyo is 99.9%

So always make use of your private car, public bus or bike while going about your business in Oyo...🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♂️
you are believing this fake news . UNICEF that doesn't go out of their office will telling you what doesn't happen. What's the total population of Oyo that 4.3 m will defacating openly ? I am from Oyo state Ibadan in particular , I can't remember the last time I saw shit flowing on the street . I'm not saying it doesn't happen but the figure is over hyped. Are they saying fine areas that you can't mention all also involve in this act . apart from local area like bere, oje, foko, some area in molete and part of Iwo road due to garage and some local area ,you can't see this in a decent environment . So the report is misleading .
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Ozommadu: 11:33am On Nov 21, 2023
Omoawoke2:

The report from the op is incomplete and deliberately done

We won’t keep quiet

1. Ebonyi is 73%
2. Plateau is 56
3. Kogi 56

4. Oyo 54

But op is obviously a tribal bigot with no shame

E pain you walai grin

1 Like

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by BRATISLAVA: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
blowjohn:

India?
Cos Indians are the dirtiest humans roamaing the earth.

If u see Indians preparing street food eh.

U go vomit.
Sweat, tears, saliva follow join the cinnamon, curry and other spices

They can prepare food over smelly gutters. They can even have dead bodies in the gutters. Very unhygienic. And there are infinitely more of them to shit in the open.

1 Like

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2023
grin :PI said it before they ban my the other account because I mentioned yellowbar.. who doesn't know Yellowbar ppl like open defecation

1 Like

Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by kabillionaire(m): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
And that's the ones the researchers see oo!
What about the ones they use 4 litre paint rubber at night, mix it with water, shake it very well and spray on the street in the morning?
Re: 4.3 Million People Defecate Openly In Oyo — UNICEF by Offpoint1: 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
illicit:
I no go lie

Even though I am Yoruba

Open defecation worse for Ibadan

So many homeless immigrants therein

Shit for roadside kerb, shit for underbridge, ontop bridge, motorpark
Shit everywhere

Too many people in Ibadan, like half of them homeless

🥴
If Ibadan own plenty pass Lagos, then there's a problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Drastically Reduce Weight In 21 Days By Eating 2 Kinds Of Food / COVID-19: The Two New Patients In Ebonyi Don't Live In Enugu - ENGS / Caro White Cream Has Been Banned.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.