Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,875 members, 7,933,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? (9963 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her / Cascade: Poem For Lost Loved Ones, In Loving Memory Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Thoughty2(m): 3:19am On Nov 26, 2023
Matrix137:
Jesus is alive and not dead please

Thank you Brother. I love this passion. I said the same thing in my mind too.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by CarlosTheJackal: 7:57am On Nov 26, 2023
ilyasom:

Did you go ahead with the wedding at the said date,? How did you handle it
I had to go ahead with the wedding and I asked my other friends not to bother coming again.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Southwestidiot: 7:59am On Nov 26, 2023
Infolenka:
The thought of losing a loved one scares the shit out of me. I've been lucky not to have lost anyone close to me. Condolences to those who have.

For those that have lost loved ones in the past, I'm curious to know how you dealed with the loss, especially few days after their death.

Feel free to go into details if you want.
You never really forget the pain, you just keep going knowing ur turn dey come as well.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by NaijaGoBetter2: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2023
ilyasom:

Bro you've been through a lot. do you still have any siblings

No/yes

It's more than 3years I set my eye on him....
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Melonsmasher: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2023
Lost my mom last year 2022, I miss her every single day, past months has been very hard for me to cope
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by pansophist(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2023
ilyasom:

You write so damn well bro

Practice makes perfect my guy cool

Thanks.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by eneazi(f): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
Going through comments and it breaks my heart cause I have a first hand experience of loss. I made a post here three years ago on ways to cope with loss

Below is the link, I hope it helps someone

https://www.nairaland.com/6588595/5-ways-cope-loss-loved
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by okerekingsley90: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2023
Kingozymandias:
As a Muslim asking Allah (SWT) for forgiveness for the loved one , for protection from the grave and humiliation of the Day Of Judgement, and for Jannah (heaven)

You get blood for body??
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Nemesis0147(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
I had to go ahead with the wedding and I asked my other friends not to bother coming again.

baba
I don’t know but yours seems like the height of it!!
The guilt can drive one crazy
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Abakelawal(f): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2023
First thing to do when u loose someone is to accept that yes that person is actually gone .
It helps in recovery process.. I lost my twin sister when we where 10yrs but I was not told because we are living apart, but I felt it after some years I cried every night no one consoled me, no one to talk to but I finally accept and moved on i hv her in my memory always no picture of her anywhere.
But sometimes I wished she is here with me
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by pansophist(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2023
ilyasom:

You write so damn well bro

Thank you. Appreciate with a crate of beer na?

Make I send account number? wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by OSDBLISS(m): 12:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
7th April 2022, the day the cold hands of death took my dad away. Till this moment, I still shed tears on the low. If humility were to be a person, then that person would be my dad. I'll forever miss you dad. Rest on.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by princessyere1(f): 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2023
NaijaGoBetter2:

In simple term

I want to share my story, as I don't think I'll have another chance. My family used to be happy, full of joy. My dad planned to go to France, but a few weeks before his trip, he woke up with a headache and passed away less than 10 minutes later.

Things got worse. My mom died on the first day of my NECO exams, and I was left with my sister, who was like a mom to me. But she passed away on the day I was supposed to start my first-semester exams. Then, my brother died on the first day of my MSc exams.

Now, I'm alone, carrying a heavy heart. I've become an introvert, finding it hard to love anyone because I'm afraid of losing them. What used to be daily journeys turned into a lifetime of loneliness. I wish I could write well to share what I went through before becoming who I am today.

So sorry

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Samuel3233(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
I lost my Dad at the beginning of this year and it is terrible,the more day goes the more I missed him because he his the closest person to me in this world. Rest on Dad,I prayed make my mother lives long cause after God she is the only one for me now
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by NSK4U(m): 4:23am On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Yes, Yes Yes. There are a few alliances working on both aspects. The psychic transfer of consciousness is available and requires awakening or expanded consciousness to figure out how to not just step out of your body, but to boot up from a fragmented mind or simply hijack fully.

The cybernetic component will be popular in no distant future. I believe a few groups have perfected it, it will become massively available to those can afford in about 5 to 10yrs now. If one is totally focused on it from our level of AI rapid progress and processor advancement, we can have the digital version in 5 years and perfect it in 10, then launch the API on the synthetic neural hosted on the cloud servers and preserved cryogenic solid state quantum computers, but we got to be careful about cyber attacks hijacking people's minds. We need Gatekeepers and firewalls.

Theoretically and Psychically, I know how these can be done. Courtesy of the upgrade I received.

That's interesting really
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by finallybusy: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2023
I haven’t lost anyone I’ll consider close. Many uncles have gone. I gave them distance when alive so it didn’t hit hard. The same with my grandma who departed early this year. Within my nuclear family, time will come. Everyone for now lives healthy lifestyles, pushing the inevitable as far as possible. I’ve lost acquaintances, no close friend yet.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Shegs105: 7:54am On Nov 28, 2023
This is perfectly me, I lost my kid bro a year ago, I stay a bit distance from my parent, I just can’t stopped thinking about him on daily basis, the best I could do is to relocate from my apartment and get a new apartment close to my parents hoping this would limit the depression.

Overall, since I lost the guy, nothing in life matter to me again, I got more mean to people and my sense of empathy died immediately.
saintbillion:
Same question I use to ask.
Until I lost My dad Last month. He's still lying in the morgue.
I'm still hurt and pained, I do think and have sleepless night from the very first day the news was broke to me. His demise has really affected me all way round.
Wanted to create a thread on how to move on after loosing a love one.
I wish I died first b4 my love one. I was always scared of loosing a love one. Now I'm trapped in my fears. What's life, if we live to die? Each time I remember me seeing my dad lying naked in the morgue, I begin the share tears without my knowing, I wish I died first. Pray not to loose ur love ones untimely. It creates a vacuum in your heart which can never filled.

I just have to stay strong for my lovely mother. If I the son could be going through this, what more about her the wife?
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by amadiama(m): 8:59am On Nov 28, 2023
I normally do ask this same question you ask OP till I Lost my Dad 29th Dec 2021. watched him sick for 12 days 17th to 29 wen he died..it isn't easy.. something you can't forget..still feels like he travelled and will be back..
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by vilight(f): 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
nyanga dey sleep, trouble run go wake am
i pray (for your sake) you dont lose any love ones soonest
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by dom(m): 10:01pm On Apr 16
Lost my Dad 3 years ago.
3 years before then, I suddenly had a realization that was advancing in age (late 70s) and could be called home at any moment. It helped me get closer to him, visit him more regularly in the family house and generally dote on him too. I even dreamt of his death on two or three occasions, and kept begging God to prolong his life. However, prostate challenges plus National Hospital's dysfunctional radiotherapy machine messed up his system.. He got worse after the radiotherapy, went into a coma and passed on from there.

I developed high blood pressure from the panic attack and all after his death. The palpitation I had was almost audible. I was crying every now and then. It's still painful when I think deeply of it today. The wound may heal, but the scar remains.
May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm In Trouble! I've Fallen In Luv With 419 devil On Facebook'' / Urban Dictionary's Definition Of A "Slay Queen" Will Leave You In Stitches / I Made Airforce1 Sleep On Me Like A 2yrs Old - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.