Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,115 members, 7,887,240 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? (1343 Views)

SUV With 235,300 Miles Mileage...is It Worth Buying? / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? / Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by mypearl: 9:15am On Oct 29, 2011
Pls i need advise on the 2006 Murano if it's a brand that is worth buying.
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by dantitiki(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
There's nothing wrong with the car. As long as you are dedicated to it's maintenance, the car would have no hiccups.

Kind regards.
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by mypearl: 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
The issue here is that I've always loved the SUV but my collleagues are discouraging me with the fact that the gear box is 1m if it goes bad and the probability of it developing gear issues is high. Pls i need honest views abt this before i make a purchase decision.
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by dantitiki(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2011
Transmissions (gear box) go bad when they lack their required maintenance. I wont believe a car manufacturing company would produce a car and release it into the market to go bad.

Muranos have a different kind of transmission called CVT which is a whole lot different from the regular transmission, therefore they need a different type of transmission oil. People don't know this and they use the regular oil for them, thereby killing the transmission.

If everyone follows the required maintenance described in their car manuals, I don't think car maintenance would be an issue.

Kind regards.
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by sonety2k(m): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2011
dantitiki:

Transmissions (gear box) go bad when they lack their required maintenance. I wont believe a car manufacturing company would produce a car and release it into the market to go bad.

Muranos have a different kind of transmission called CVT which is a whole lot different from the regular transmission, therefore they need a different type of transmission oil. People don't know this and they use the regular oil for them, thereby killing the transmission.

If everyone follows the required maintenance described in their car manuals, I don't think car maintenance would be an issue.

Kind regards.

Chief Dantitiki , you have Said it all .

Mypearl - Go for your Dream Suv, but make sure you use the original cvt Transmission oil for your murano .
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by igbanbajo(m): 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
sonety2k:

Chief Dantitiki , you have Said it all .

Mypearl - Go for your Dream Suv, but make sure you use the original cvt Transmission oil for your murano .

[size=14pt]hi mypearl,

here is your opportunity to own a sound Murano at a bargain price. I'm relocating out of Lagos to a Niger Delta city, hence the reason for this sale.
click on the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-800842.0.html#msg9531142[/size]
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by mypearl: 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
@Igbanbajo,
Sorry. I've already ordered for mine. Goodluck with the sales
Re: Is The 2006 Murano Worth Buying? by benboa(m): 8:41pm On Nov 15, 2011
mypearl:

The issue here is that I've always loved the SUV but my collleagues are discouraging me with the fact that the gear box is 1m if it goes bad and the probability of it developing gear issues is high. Pls i need honest views abt this before i make a purchase decision.

Murano Gear box isnt even 1M shocked Where did u get that

information from?? The gearbox range between 350 to 450 grand, with the

right maintenance tips, u have got nothing to fear

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Solution Needed For My W202 Benz C180 / To My Greatest Dismay / What Is Wrong With This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.