Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,909 members, 7,909,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 02:08 AM

D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) (31052 Views)

Iyanya Buys A New Bentley After Abuja Album Launch (photo) / Iyanya Buys N30M Aston Martin Vantage Car / Photos: D’banj Shows Off New Aston Martin Vantage Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2011
as long as he didn't go into debt buying the car, what gives?

whatever you buy will look like extravagance to someone else, especially if the person does not have your earning power.

you will meet people who will tell you toothpaste is extravagance, since there are chewing sticks.

also, we all have our hangups - some of the posters chastising dbanj will lose all reason when confronted with a pair of manolo wetin call.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by mac73(m): 7:49am On Oct 31, 2011
For those who obviously didn't get it the first time around, read Ogugua's initial reply again and understand the point being made.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Elprinz(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2011
@Ogugua
I don't understand your rationale for criticizing the guy.
Even your so called international/foreign artist have many "ASTON MARTINS" and several fly super mansions before they embark on their so called philanthropic works (most of which are for profit behind the scene).
So d'banj has d liberty to enjoy the proceeds of his hard work to his satisfaction FIRST (if he so desires) before he thinks of ur village.

Like someone on here said, you have a problem with poverty in naija, carry your argument to the Government.

Osheeee.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by handsomdp: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2011
[flash=200,200][/flash] Ogagau wetin dey do u wey u just dey go offline na ur mama give am money.Se d'banj tell u say him dey run charity y he go con dey give money anyhow. Na him car if he no wan drive am no be ur business.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by MrWhy1(m): 8:33am On Oct 31, 2011
YoAdek333:

Mr--Why for President!!

Well said "Mr--Why" perhaps someday soon some of what you said can be a part of our national psyche.  
I always wonder how most of the truly wealthy people I have met in the USA are so simple and do not make any noise.  
I guess the empty drum does beat the loudest - hence the corrupt people, politicians and their children from Nigeria make so much noise and show off.

Hehe. You funny bro grin.  I feel you big time. Maybe in time, we all go understand.

ogugua88:

I tell the bolded to everyone. I love you.

Nne, many blessings cool.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by bibelo: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2011
its his money and he can buy wateva he likes.d-banj does some charitable works but doesnt hype it in d media,i rememba he gave stuffs to some orphanages not quite long.as per mechanics dat can fix dat car,there are, one of such mechanics has his workshop in the l.tv complex in ikeja and he writes a column on automedic in d sunday punch.pastors own private jets when dia congregation can hardly eat 3 square meals and still demand dey pay dia tithe.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by harakiri(m): 9:05am On Oct 31, 2011
@Mr Why
Hey fellas, let's take it easy. Nobody is hating on anybody. This is an open forum and every one is entitled to their opinion. We shouldn't get too sentimental and start putting each other down.

If nobody is "truly hating" on anybody, why the negative castigating comments directed at D'Banj? There's nothing sentimental about this. A guy buys a good ride and people aren't happy he's being put down for it. What's sentimental about that?

Having said that, Koko master or anyone for that matter who found fame and plenty of money, have got the right to spend it the way they please. After all, it is their sweat.  But there are fundamental problems in our society that these stars and other genuine money making gurus can use their influence to highlight and address on a larger scale. We seem to be embracing utter individualism while others on the other side of the world are looking for ways to counter it despite the fact that they have a sense of giving back to the community than us.

What "fundamental problems" in society are you talking about? Even if this guy (and the entire Mo-Hits crew) give every single kobo they've earned to charity, these "fundamental problems" will still remain. Even if Bill Gates,Donald Trump,Oprah and Jay-Z give out all their wealth to charity, these problems will still remain. . .so what on earth are you talking about? This is not about helping a "good cause". . .this is about people hating on successful people who spend their money on things haterz can only buy in their daydreams. YEAH! That's what it is.

This is not unique to Nigeria. In fact, many prominent blacks in the diaspora tend to be carried away with what they have got. From the likes of Mike Tyson to Holy Field; from musicians to basketballers and so on. And at the end of the day, they end up broke. They forget to realize that impacting change and caring for the community is the best legacy one can ever ask for.

There are also white,asian and latinos who have gone broke. It's not a "black thing". The ones who went broke were either silly or had bad management of their finances. The likes of Jay-Z, P.Diddy,Lil Wayne,Birdman and so on, live a life fit for the gods. The cars in their garage will make you weep. Some of them have some many cars that they have to rent garages in different cities to park them BUT they are doing quite well from their careers and numerous businesses. The cars are the fruits of their labors. Why can't people let these folks enjoy their money in peace? Can you honestly tell me that if you're worth $10million today, you'd be driving a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord? GET REAL ABEG! ! !

The legendary investor, Warren Buffet, has been living in his modest house he bought 50years ago. This is a man worth more than $50 billion dollars- more than Nigeria foreign exchange reserve, a nation of about 200 million people. Can you imagine that?  The other day, he challenged other billionaires to do more for charity and they signed an agreement to give out huge chunk of their wealth for worthy cause. Bill Gates has been to Africa a lot to champion fight against malaria, polio and other curable diseases.  If you saw Mark Zuckerberg- facebook guy- on a very good day and they told you this guy was worth more than all Nigerian banks put together, you would hardly believe it. Last time, he donated millions of dollars to a school ( predominantly African American) to use for scholarships and grants. We see a lot of foreign musical and movie stars go to war torn African countries to stress the dire need of people there. Cmon, you can't tell me George Clooney is more African than Jim Iyk and others like him.

Perhaps you need to use Google to find out how much Warren Buffet's "modest" house costs today. Mark Zuckerberg might be low key but he's not living in a cheap apartment or driving a ford taurus. Perhaps if you saw the cars in his garage, you'd have a different opinion. Do you know how much his "modest" five bedroom mansion costs? Cheiiiiiii! HATERZ! ! !

If that Linus guy who developed Linux kernel that ushered in Linux operating system had charged for it, many people wouldn't have had access to pursue their passion in web development. Linux operating system is the most popular platforms on servers, even more popular than Microsoft. Mozilla firefox is a product of open source software which is free. PHP is open source and free. I suppose many powerful websites have been built using this language and I don't think Nairaland is an exception. Many of software's producers use to wax music and websites they upload it on are free. Many of these prolific innovators did all these to help humanity. Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web and HTML said that he wanted everyone to have access to information, so that humanity can develop in uniformity.

These are just to name a few.  I am not trying to preach. But the moral of the whole thing is that we Africans can do more for ourselves instead of blaming and waiting for governments. Our stars and other prominent ones can set example for the young and future generations.  It seems individualism has eaten deep into our mentality and that is not healthy.  An average joe in Naija would proudly say, "man if i enter that aso rock eeh, me too go pack my own share". It is becoming normal.

Like i said before, if all these people decided to pack all their wealth and give to charity, the problems would still remain. There is a reason why you have a government. These artistes do the best that they can. Please, LEAVE THEM TO ENJOY THEIR MONEY! If you're so concerned about "greater causes", why don't you start by giving out a huge chunk of your income to the motherless babies home or bailing out wrongly accused persons from prison (I know someone who does things like that and yet when he bought a BMW X5 M, Haterz still castigated him as a "money miss road"). You people will NEVER do HALF of what these guys do for charity if you were in their shoes but you will come here acting all "holier than thou". When last did you give to charity? When last did you help the needy? What have you done with the little you have for the community? Look at yourself before talking.

In any case, D'banj can flex all he wants, it is his money. After all, he is still a young man full of life. He can continue to "Entertain" by being flashy to attract more views which translates to more pay. Oh, I am sure he gives to charity too in secret.   But, if this lifestyle  of "me , myself and I only" is encouraged in our society. We will continue to live in fleeting illusion. We seem to love everything "American", but fail to embrace their spirit of humanitarianism which is what made American what she is today.

Wrong! We love all good things be it American,British or Asian. There is nothing "humanitarian" about the US. If there was, there wouldn't be almost 2million people dead in the middle east all because of the US insatiable greed for oil. Any "humanitarian" deed the US does is for a profit (at least 1000% interest). Get your mind right dude! ! !
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Eve100000: 9:40am On Oct 31, 2011
inspired_m:

Exactly !!! INFACT, We Cannot Prove the YEAR Model Of Dbanjs Own as they are the same SHELL starting from 2005 Model.

With $55,000 I will BUY an ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE V8 For DBANJ.

Landing Cost Including Clearing and PROFIT Wont Exceed $75,000.

Gbam!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by MrWhy1(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2011
harakiri:

@Mr Why
If nobody is "truly hating" on anybody, why the negative castigating comments directed at D'Banj? There's nothing sentimental about this. A guy buys a good ride and people aren't happy he's being put down for it. What's sentimental about that?

What "fundamental problems" in society are you talking about? Even if this guy (and the entire Mo-Hits crew) give every single kobo they've earned to charity, these "fundamental problems" will still remain. Even if Bill Gates,Donald Trump,Oprah and Jay-Z give out all their wealth to charity, these problems will still remain. . .so what on earth are you talking about? This is not about helping a "good cause". . .this is about people hating on successful people who spend their money on things haterz can only buy in their daydreams. YEAH! That's what it is.

There are also white,asian and latinos who have gone broke. It's not a "black thing". The ones who went broke were either silly or had bad management of their finances. The likes of Jay-Z, P.Diddy,Lil Wayne,Birdman and so on, live a life fit for the gods. The cars in their garage will make you weep. Some of them have some many cars that they have to rent garages in different cities to park them BUT they are doing quite well from their careers and numerous businesses. The cars are the fruits of their labors. Why can't people let these folks enjoy their money in peace? Can you honestly tell me that if you're worth $10million today, you'd be driving a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord? GET REAL ABEG! ! !

Perhaps you need to use Google to find out how much Warren Buffet's "modest" house costs today. Mark Zuckerberg might be low key but he's not living in a cheap apartment or driving a ford taurus. Perhaps if you saw the cars in his garage, you'd have a different opinion. Do you know how much his "modest" five bedroom mansion costs? Cheiiiiiii! HATERZ! ! !

Like i said before, if all these people decided to pack all their wealth and give to charity, the problems would still remain. There is a reason why you have a government. These artistes do the best that they can. Please, LEAVE THEM TO ENJOY THEIR MONEY! If you're so concerned about "greater causes", why don't you start by giving out a huge chunk of your income to the motherless babies home or bailing out wrongly accused persons from prison (I know someone who does things like that and yet when he bought a BMW X5 M, Haterz still castigated him as a "money miss road"). You people will NEVER do HALF of what these guys do for charity if you were in their shoes but you will come here acting all "holier than thou". When last did you give to charity? When last did you help the needy? What have you done with the little you have for the community? Look at yourself before talking.

Wrong! We love all good things be it American,British or Asian. There is nothing "humanitarian" about the US. If there was, there wouldn't be almost 2million people dead in the middle east all because of the US insatiable greed for oil. Any "humanitarian" deed the US does is for a profit (at least 1000% interest). Get your mind right dude! ! !

Cooly tempa brosss. Ah, na wetin na? I go wound you oooo, LOL grin. The word "hate or haterz" shouldn't be thrown around improperly. That is quite a strong word.

See eeeh, I will say it again, everyone is free to spend their doough the way they want. Everyone likes good things. One can even buy a private airliner to fly around. That is their business. This is not specifically about D'banj and those like him. Our culture is being taken over by utter materialism. Some get these things for the use of it and others to "show off" and compete with each other. I will say it for the last time, It is their cup of tea. If I could train engineers or support others in their chosen academic pursuits. Maybe I am creating cultural/human capital that will extend to others and in turn benefit the community, economy and nation at large. I don't need to lament further about that though. Of course, they give to charity. No doubt about that; more grease to their elbow. In the long run, we all can do much better.

This is not about America's foreign policy - in which I am at odds with at times. There are a lot of good things we can learn from them that we turn a blind eye to. If that guy who invented Wikipedia were to charge monthly subscription, he could be a multi billionaire overnight. But it is free. Anyone including you can now have quick access to tangible information to broaden their horizon.

Everything is not about government. We have to look inwards sometimes.

No hard feelings bro smiley. Lets have some beer cheesy.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Igosun: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2011
I hope he has gotten a "customized" road for that that Aston Martin. grin
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by harakiri(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2011
Mr--Why:

Cooly tempa brosss. Ah, na wetin na?  I go wound you oooo,  LOL grin.   The word "hate or haterz" shouldn't be thrown around improperly. That is quite a strong word.

See eeeh, I will say it again, everyone is free to spend their doough the way they want. Everyone likes good things. One can even buy a private airliner to fly around. That is their business. This is not specifically about D'banj and those like him. Our culture is being taken over by utter materialism. Some get these things for the use of it and others to "show off" and compete with each other. I will say it for the last time, It is their cup of tea.  If I could train engineers or support others in their chosen academic pursuits. Maybe I am creating cultural/human capital that will extend to others and in turn benefit the community, economy and nation at large. I don't need to lament further about that though.  Of course, they give to charity. No doubt about that; more grease to their elbow.  In the long run, we all can do much better.

This is not about America's foreign policy - in which I am at odds with at times. There are a lot of good things we can learn  from them that we turn a blind eye to.  If that guy who invented Wikipedia were to charge monthly subscription, he could be a multi billionaire overnight.  But it is free.  Anyone including you can now have quick access to tangible information to broaden their horizon.

Everything is not about government. We have to look inwards sometimes.

No hard feelings bro smiley. Lets have some beer cheesy.

You are the one twisting comments out of context. . .

(1)First of all, look up the meaning of the word "hater" or "haterz". It all boils down to people who have ill feelings for those that are more successful than they are. Everything negative comment directed at D'Banj points to that. He bought an Aston Martin (that might not be brand new and some people have indicated that it might be less than $100,000). With all the money he has, he can afford to put a Ferrari Italia on the road if he wants to AND he'll won't go broke from doing that. For goodness sake, people walk into Coscharis all the time to pay for a full optioned Range Rover Vogue (do you know how much that costs in naira?) or Rolls Royce. Why all this noise? Who cares if we don't have good roads? If you want to talk about roads, then people driving Toyota Camry's and Honda Accords are dumb because these cars are low on the ground. . .they should be driving SUV's instead. So what are you people talking about?

(2)Humans have ALWAYS been materialistic. It's not "our culture". It's global. Please, broaden your mind abeg. Why do people study for years acquiring so many degrees? It's because they want to be able to secure their future and live the kind of life style they dream about (not necessarily to educate themselves with the research of others). Why don't you use a Nokia 3310 instead of a Black Berry Torch? Why don't you drive a Kia Picanto when you can afford a CLS mercedes? Why don't you live in a one room apartment in Ajegunle instead of living in a six bedroom mansion in VGC or Abuja? It's because you want the best for yourself. Quit being a hypocrite abeg. If you had the kind of money these guys had, you would live big. Quit hating! ! !

(3)Nobody says everything is about government BUT the major responsibility lies on them. Individuals can do the best they can (that usually goes un-noticed) but the leaders control the resources and power that can change things. For goodness sake, these people give to charity all the time. The problem with you people is that you cannot understand how these people can be so successful to the extent of buying things you might NEVER be able to buy in your lifetime. YES! That is what this is all about. From GLO alone, D'Banj made over N100million on endorsement deals (i stand to be corrected). He collects nothing less than N5million per show. Why on earth would he be driving a Honda civic?

Broaden your mind and quit being so shallow.

Nuff said! ! !
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Ideyontop: 11:03am On Oct 31, 2011
ogugua88,do you see why I am in love with you? you are a very good wife material,I love the way you think! Don't mind them,anybody wen dey vex about your comments,make them go hit their head for wall.Nothing do you!
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by baslone: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
The point is Poverty has eaten deep into the brain of the average Nigerian!!!

Why do people hate on others living the dream life.

Me no understand this o!!!! shocked
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
It's funny that a large chunk of those ( minus one atheist ) supporting frivolity are christians and yet they do not know what their bible tells them about helping people in need.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
What we do for ourselves dies with us but what we do for others lives on
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by ideylaff: 2:12pm On Oct 31, 2011

(1)First of all, look up the meaning of the word "hater" or "haterz". It all boils down to people who have ill feelings for those that are more successful than they are. Everything negative comment directed at D'Banj points to that. He bought an Aston Martin (that might not be brand new and some people have indicated that it might be less than $100,000). With all the money he has, he can afford to put a Ferrari Italia on the road if he wants to AND he'll won't go broke from doing that. For goodness sake, people walk into Coscharis all the time to pay for a full optioned Range Rover Vogue (do you know how much that costs in naira?) or Rolls Royce. Why all this noise? Who cares if we don't have good roads? If you want to talk about roads, then people driving Toyota Camry's and Honda Accords are dumb because these cars are low on the ground. . .they should be driving SUV's instead. So what are you people talking about?

(2)Humans have ALWAYS been materialistic. It's not "our culture". It's global. Please, broaden your mind abeg. Why do people study for years acquiring so many degrees? It's because they want to be able to secure their future and live the kind of life style they dream about (not necessarily to educate themselves with the research of others). Why don't you use a Nokia 3310 instead of a Black Berry Torch? Why don't you drive a Kia Picanto when you can afford a CLS mercedes? Why don't you live in a one room apartment in Ajegunle instead of living in a six bedroom mansion in VGC or Abuja? It's because you want the best for yourself. Quit being a hypocrite abeg. If you had the kind of money these guys had, you would live big. Quit hating! ! !

(3)Nobody says everything is about government BUT the major responsibility lies on them. Individuals can do the best they can (that usually goes un-noticed) but the leaders control the resources and power that can change things. For goodness sake, these people give to charity all the time. The problem with you people is that you cannot understand how these people can be so successful to the extent of buying things you might NEVER be able to buy in your lifetime. YES! That is what this is all about. From GLO alone, D'Banj made over N100million on endorsement deals (i stand to be corrected). He collects nothing less than N5million per show. Why on earth would he be driving a Honda civic?

Nuff said! ! !

@ harakiri  calm down bro and stop having a go at people who have just simply given an opinion. No one says Dapo cannot spend his money the way he wants it.

But I can tell you for one that money is a spirit, it pushes one beyond limits, 

We know Dapo right 4rm when he was a kid, right now the hype is pushing him all over and 4 a fact he his not as rich as what you all think.

Cash is not rich in  real terms, just means you have a flow of funds. , Asset is rich and intellectual property. Yes some other people do buy expensive cars in Nigeria and also drive them on the ragged roads we have and the Oyinbo's who sell the cars to them laugh behind their back as soon as they pay 4 d car and ship it to Nigeria.

Dapo has not even repainted the house his parents are living in and yet we are all hyping him up because he bought and Aston Martin, its such a pity that material and perishable things of the world now take over our lives in one way or another. We are all Guilty in all aspects of these.

Dapo if you can read this. Dont let this people push you into a pit. Money is a spirit, spend it wisely. Another 70K plus car in addition to the ones gathering dust in the Mo Hits mansion is total stupidity and recklessness

You are not P Diddy or Jay Z, or Kanye West so dont try to be like them. What most people dont even know is most US/UK starts are gifted these cars and then the news is put out there that they bought xyz bla bla and people now rush to but these cars.

P Diddy or Jay Z dont even spend a dime on drinks, they get it all free by their sponsors all over the place. FACT.

The raining days always come for Stars especially, Ask Shina Peters, Ask Ras Kimono, Ask Make Fashek, Even more recently look at 9ice and the bright future he had ahead of him. ( I pray he bounces back) but that just tells you that this world and its followers are like water, they swing any where and time changes them Also Olu Maintain, and co,

Yes they are not the same as u cos you are D'banj and everyone's path/destiny is different

I still remember Don Jazzy behind Solek  Crew and those cold night when you only had a few  to eat with.

Where are the JJC crew you had a stint with and looked promising until things changed.

Femi Otedola was on Forbes list only a few years ago, he dropped of in a year. see how things change.

You have a bright future if you do the right things at the right time. You are also a big star no doubt about that. Now tell me what this world has never seen b4.

Cars are just a piece of steel that only bring temporary joy or satisfaction. One heavy rain in Lagos/Lekii cld flood the whole lot of them

You know who I am and this is what I will tell you face to face. Last time I saw you u were in a hurry and was also in the midst of all your buddies and people hailing you.

But I have said my own piece, the people hailing you today were the same ones who were upset with you when you sold cheap to GEJ's election stunt.
People are like that, so please take note.

You have worked hard and deserve all you want for yourself at anytime you want it. but please dont go with hype and buzz. its worse than drug addiction.

Apologies if you did not buy this car and its just a Mo Hits hype/publicity stunt in preparation of your new Album

Good luck Dapo God bless you.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by KacHemNaU(m): 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
Dbanj flex jor, haterxx go sleep
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by smallz90(m): 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
He is a fuckin dope boy.if e like make e buy bently coup na em no!
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by MrWhy1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
harakiri:

Nuff said! ! !

You are missing the point here. I am not going to repeat what I said. I expressed my view concretely. Besides, there is a difference between "extreme materialism" and "materialism". Read in between the lines. You seem to be taking this personal. This is not about who can afford this or that.

Harakiri, "The Aristotelian". well, if you think I am being "too shallow". Maybe you can suggest a school of thought where to start with to broaden my mind. Harakirism sounds like a good idea. what do you think? cool
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ideyontop:
ogugua88,do you see why I am in love with you? you are a very good wife material,I love the way you think! Don't mind them,anybody wen dey vex about your comments,make them go hit their head for wall.Nothing do you!

Lol thank you smiley

apocalypse:
It's funny that a large chunk of those ( minus one atheist ) supporting frivolity are christians and yet they do not know what their bible tells them about helping people in need.

kiss

El prinz:
@Ogugua
I don't understand your rationale for criticizing the guy.
Even your so called international/foreign artist have many "ASTON MARTINS" and several fly super mansions before they embark on their so called philanthropic works (most of which are for profit behind the scene).
So d'banj has d liberty to enjoy the proceeds of his hard work to his satisfaction FIRST (if he so desires) before he thinks of your village.

Like someone on here said, you have a problem with poverty in naija, carry your argument to the Government.

Osheeee.

Is it only the government that should take care of people? We have a stubborn government calling itself a democracy, but they're putting it's people last. It's not everything that should be done by the government. If D'banj bought a Range Rover, you wouldn't even see me in this thread. For him to buy an Aston Martin that can't be driven in the vast majority of our Nigeria, where most of her people are impoverished, he clearly has money he doesn't know what to do with. The money used for that car can school or feed how many children. Don't compare Nigeria to the west, I repeat, do not. There is no third world country on the Western Hemisphere except for Haiti. You should come see American suffering. If you see them, you'll call them spoiled, asking why they're complaining. Our American low-income and poverty-stricken communities still have. What do poor Nigerians have?

Some of you shock me. I guess I understand how all those children drowned in that December plane crash even with several fisherman around. It wasn't their problem.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
Lol. There's 'flexing' and then there's indiscriminate profligacy. It takes common sense and discernment to distinguish one from the other. I remember when a certain Mr. Daniel Amokachi was the World's Greatest and Nigeria's Richest (at least in his indulgent self-estimation) in the golden mid 90's. He had just signed a £2.8m contract with Everton and was one of the highest earning African footballers in Europe, and so all hell was let loose: he ordered a small 'private jet', bought himself a breathtaking Tunisian princess that looked like the legendary Nefertiti, and embarked on a spree of hedonism and self-indulgence on a scale that was unprecedented.

Unfornately, albeit predictably, he ran out of steam a couple of years later and now has to keep body and soul together by hustling for local coaching jobs and match anaylisis for Supersport these days. I'm convinced that anyone who had cautioned him during the golden mid 90's on his stupidity (for that was what it was) would have been branded a 'hater', and reminded that it was his money and that he could spend it the way he wanted. Thankfully he has adjusted quite nicely to his present circumstances and has made himself quite useful to the Nigerian public.

However, something tells me that the crackbrained D'banj might suffer a worse fate; although I don't envisage Don Jazzy going down with him. The latter apparently has a better equipped head on his shoulders.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
ogugua88:

Lol thank you smiley

kiss

Is it only the government that should take care of people? We have a stubborn government calling itself a democracy, but they're putting it's people last. It's not everything that should be done by the government. If D'banj bought a Range Rover, you wouldn't even see me in this thread. For him to buy an Aston Martin that can't be driven in the vast majority of our Nigeria, where most of her people are impoverished, he clearly has money he doesn't know what to do with. The money used for that car can school or feed how many children. Don't compare Nigeria to the west, I repeat, do not. There is no third world country on the Western Hemisphere oexcept for Haiti. You should come see American suffering. If you see them, you'll call them spoiled, asking why they're complaining. Our American low-income and poverty-stricken communities still have. What do poor Nigerians have?

Some of you shock me. I guess I understand how all those children drowned in that December plane crash even with several fisherman around. It wasn't their problem.

You know I got your back anyday
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Basildon1(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
LOL, in the mind of a poor man, the rich are arrogant.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by occam(m): 4:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
harakiri:

Nuff said! ! !

Relax bro! you taking things too serious. No one is hating on D'Banj.  As you said it's his money and he can spend it as he likes. I agree with you

Profligacy is quite common amongst elite sports players and music/film stars. I guess it keeps them in the headline. Michael Jackson did the same, but still worth billions after his death, because he was an astute businessman.

I also read Steve Jobs changed his Mercedes SL 55 AMG every 6 months. Why? click this link and you'll be amused
http://ca.autos.yahoo.com/p/2288/latest-steve-jobs-mystery-revealed-how-he-drove-without-license-plates

D'Banj just be sure he can reinvent and make his music relevant for years to come, to ensure the money rolls in.

Antoine Walker and Latreell Sprewell, two basketball players are good examples of how not to over spend when you're on top. Antoine Walker earned $110 million in 12 yrs and declared bankruptcy.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Former-Celtics-star-Antoine-Walker-is-broke-and-?urn=nba-198509
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by mobf: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
person no fit spend him own money again oo,
D'banj do suffer for nairaland sha! grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by peanutbuta: 4:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
No one said he should not buy the most expensive car in the world. No one is complaining but I see sense in him returning to the society what the society has given him. Jay- Z does it, Elton John does it, even bill gate does it. So no offence if someone says d banj should donate to charity.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by mobf: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
grin grin grin Oh please, You guys are cracking me up grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by stlimivin: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
U guys are being unfair,som1 works all u guys do is talk.do u think if u were as rich as dbanj u‘l be wasting ur time,sending comment on nairaland.the we all are here is because we have noyhing to do.and u told u dbanj did‘t hustle 4rm 8a-5p & u told u he did?We learn assume when we dont know instead we should make research.who told again that dbanj has not given to charity,the truth is we all have not been fair in our comment.“no fool make will make the kind of money he has made“so we should all realise that b4 he bought the car he should have asked himself were his gonna drive & how his going to maintain it.and who says he can use the car in lagos,or did he tell any1 he lives in ajegunle.pls we should talk about how we‘r going 2 do better when we get BABA GOD blessess us than poke-nosing into som1s affair.thank u.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by stlimivin: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2011
U guys are being unfair.som1 works,all u guys do is talk.do u think if u were as rich as dbanj u‘l be wasting your time,sending comment on nairaland.the reason y we all are here,is because we have nothing doing.and who told u dbanj did‘t hustle 4rm 8a-5p & u who told u he did?We should not learn 2 assume when we dont know.p,instead we should make research.& who told u that dbanj  has not given to charity,the truth is we all have not been fair in our comment.“no fool will make the kind of money he has made“so we should all realise that b4 he bought the car he should have asked himself were his gonna drive & how his going to maintain it.and who says he cant use the car in lagos,or did he tell any1 he lives in ajegunle.pls we should talk about how we‘r going 2 do better when BABA GOD blessess us,than poke-nosing into som1s affair.thank u.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 31, 2011
If I had money like D'banj, I would still be here lol. Sort through the nonsense people and you get folks like Mr---Why and others who know what they're talking about. There's a great deal to learn from this place. I know celebs and the wealthy are on this site, either as members or guests. I'm sure they read and take interest in some of the things discussed here as well.
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by Jessicablo(f): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
In life , if you work hard you definitely deserved to enjoy the fruits of your labor,

Giving to the society, Dapo is trying because he has not come out to say it doesn't mean he's not doing it

few weeks ago this dude was at the silver-bird galleria and my cousins told me what he was doing help people, all the cleaners etc

Dapo that is to show that some people saw you, God bless you and we that do have to give out to the needed,

Please everyone This guy is an "Artist" and their aim is to entertain and he has successfully done that for us all here, at least we have all written bout 4 - 5pages now,

You are all right here either way u look at it, Dapo is still Dapo and he's no perfect person so pls lets wish more love and favour, he's our Own
Re: D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) by babyboy3(m): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2011
The money used for that car can school or feed how many children.

Quick question How children have YOU fed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Celebrities We’d Like To See Get Married In 2016 / "We've Got Balls": Actresses And Singers Vs Super Falcons Players (Video & Pics) / Efia Odo Rocks Sexy Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.