Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (100371 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences / UBA Africard & Zenith Bank Prepaid Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by naira4ever(m): 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
2sexy: just do mistake forget ur web PIN and tell them u want to get anoda. I guess dat explains point.

What do u need web pin for? No site asks for web pin. Once u activate d card by changing ur username and password (which can be alphanumerical or letters only chosen by u) on the stated webpage address, u only use those login info when u want to check details of ur transaction(s), account balance or send money to another africard card holder.
I had once forgotten my ATM card pin number (i entered wrong pin more than thrice),
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2012
naira4ever:

What do u need web pin for? No site asks for web pin. Once u activate d card by changing ur username and password (which can be alphanumerical or letters only chosen by u) on the stated webpage address, u only use those login info when u want to check details of ur transaction(s), account balance or send money to another africard card holder.
I had once forgotten my ATM card pin number (i entered wrong pin more than thrice),
This how people fail exams.. how is the focus of this thread? Is it not UBA card? So what pin do you think I am talking abou?

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2012
pelumi*:
Discover How To Make Money From Fiverr.

For details Send Fiverr,Your Name, And your Email address to 08127375686/oladejipeluminow@yahoo.com
you area fool... is this where you should be doing this?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by naira4ever(m): 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2012
2sexy: This how people fail exams.. how is the focus of this thread? Is it not UBA card? So what pin do you think I am talking abou?

Na OYO u dey o, whether u fail exams or not. I can't shout.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
naira4ever:

Na OYO u dey o, whether u fail exams or not. I can't shout.
grin grin
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2012
Mine logs in sha
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2012
bukahands: Mine logs in sha
Good for you...
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by liekanes: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hey NL'ers please i need your help. I pay with my Gtbank nairamaster on microjob site to hire people to like my youtube video, the card was accepted but have to wait for 24hrs to approved the campaign by the microjobs site. Just yesterday was there msg saying "they have to verify my Gbank naira mastercard i used to pay that they have refund a less than $1 to my credit card, i should comfirm it in my card and i should reply with exert amount they refund for them to verify the card. And i should wait 48hrs for it to show mine you i fund $10 to the account. My question is will this less than $1 they refund to the card reflect since someone has said Gtbank naira mastercard cannot handle tranfer but deposit only. Please share your thought for this kind of card verification of mine. Never heard this before, what about you?
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by yamakuza: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2012
^ It will show, but it will be in Naira, and you'll have to do the conversion yourself.

The last time a merchant cancelled an order i made with gtb nmc, i was told to wait for 14 days for it to show, and even after that, i had to mail gtb before it reflected.

To save time, your best bet is to check your balance and see how much they deducted, and convert to dollars (or tell them in Naira). Thats the same amount they'll refund.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
yamakuza: ^ It will show, but it will be in Naira, and you'll have to do the conversion yourself.

The last time a merchant cancelled an order i made with gtb nmc, i was told to wait for 14 days for it to show, and even after that, i had to mail gtb before it reflected.

To save time, your best bet is to check your balance and see how much they deducted, and convert to dollars (or tell them in Naira). Thats the same amount they'll refund.

He has said it all d deduction of less than a dollar is for verification check ur balance to see the deduction in naira and convert or if u use internet banking you could check it
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by samyng(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2012
2sexy: Yes you can and you can withdraw with it at bet 365
Please 2sexy i will like to ask is there are any verification process by Bet 365, before i can make any withdrawal on my UBA AFRICARD
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2012
samyng:
Please 2sexy i will like to ask is there are any verification process by Bet 365, before i can make any withdrawal on my UBA AFRICARD
bro, I don't bet and I can't tell. I only gave that reply because over 5 people have confirmed using africard to withdraw at bet 365, plus my own case of refund into my card by hostgator.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by samyng(m): 10:10am On Oct 11, 2012
2sexy: bro, I don't bet and I can't tell. I only gave that reply because over 5 people have confirmed using africard to withdraw at bet 365, plus my own case of refund into my card by hostgator.

Okay bro thanks i will try to chat with them to know more
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 1:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yes u must verify b4 withdrawal there are 3 verifications one is call back where they call ur line the oda is your Id card international passport or national Id card and the last is pvc code a code which is sent to ur house address

2 Likes

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2012
Does that means after changing the username and passcode, one needs to update the profile? B'cause i received email 4rm UBA telling me i shld go 2 bank so they can reset my new login details 4 me if i haven't done so. Am confused!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by liekanes: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hey i just a dom account, and was planning on receiving wire transfer abroad. Please how do i get the detail of Gtbank to be able to receive the wire transfer abroad, cos was been asked 4 routine and all that. Thanks for you help.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
liekanes: Hey i just a dom account, and was planning on receiving wire transfer abroad. Please how do i get the detail of Gtbank to be able to receive the wire transfer abroad, cos was been asked 4 routine and all that. Thanks for you help.

Go to a gtbank near u, tell them u want to receive money from abroad they will print out ur details and give it to u all the info u need will b contained inside

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by adebayo111: 3:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Where can i buy blackberry phones online for a very low price. I have the UBA AFRICARD. my email add is adebayosalamatyahoodotcom
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 3:50pm On Oct 22, 2012
Demaejy: Does that means after changing the username and passcode, one needs to update the profile? B'cause i received email 4rm UBA telling me i shld go 2 bank so they can reset my new login details 4 me if i haven't done so. Am confused!

You don't change username, you can only change passcode (password). Your username is actually your 16 digit visa card number. The system is not well programmed such that if it locks you out of invalid login attempts, you will need to go to the bank for reset. In fact, calling their customer service does not help as they will tell you to go to nearest branch and fill a form for reset of passcode. I did this past weekend and had to write a letter at the nearest branch (no form available) for the reset. They sent me the passcode by sms, which I used to log on again to myubaafricard.com to check my card transactions when I was verifying my AlertPay (Payza) account.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
liekanes: Hey i just a dom account, and was planning on receiving wire transfer abroad. Please how do i get the detail of Gtbank to be able to receive the wire transfer abroad, cos was been asked 4 routine and all that. Thanks for you help.

All you need to receive from abroad to your GTB (to give your sender) are your account name, account number, address of your GTbank (usually head office address but it doesn't matter if it's your branch address), and more importantly GTB swift code (analogous to a US bank's routing number), which is GTBIBNLA. God bless!
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
arbitrage:

You don't change username, you can only change passcode (password). Your username is actually your 16 digit visa card number. The system is not well programmed such that if it locks you out of invalid login attempts, you will need to go to the bank for reset. In fact, calling their customer service does not help as they will tell you to go to nearest branch and fill a form for reset of passcode. I did this past weekend and had to write a letter at the nearest branch (no form available) for the reset. They sent me the passcode by sms, which I used to log on again to myubaafricard.com to check my card transactions when I was verifying my AlertPay (Payza) account.
Bro,I did that several times and all they were sending me was ATM pin and not for the web; at a point I gave up. May I send you my details so that you may help me out at the bank you did yours? I have 2 of the cards.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 4:24pm On Oct 22, 2012
2sexy: Bro,I did that several times and all they were sending me was ATM pin and not for the web; at a point I gave up. May I send you my details so that you may help me out at the bank you did yours? I have 2 of the cards.

I was initially communicating by email with the UBA Customer Interaction Centre (cic@ubagroup.com) and every response and cascading and escalation of the mail came from different members of staff, which I kept copying all recipients in all my responses till I have other ones (apart from individual staff) like csd@ubagroup.com, cardhelpline@ubagroup.com and ServiceManager@ubagroup.com amongst others. They even called me from their land line to say I should visit a nearest branch for reset. I argued on that directive after they have asked all my card details in the emails as if they could work it out on the customer service end. They said it is not what they could from their end but would be necessarily done at a branch, even though the request form (o letter as in my case) will still be forwarded to the head office dept that will do it. They made me understand that the nearest branch is like a collection and verification of your card details to be forwarded to them.

Eventually I went to one close to me on Friday and I must confess that I had to start explaining to the staff there what I needed as he thought it was just ATM pin I was asking for. I gave him the number from which corporate CIC called me earlier (016319822), cos they said they can call them for any explanation if the branch is not sure. So, he called them and later gave me blank paper to write a letter explaining my request, which I did immediately. He promised to send it to them (head office section in charge).

By Friday night/Saturday (not sure again), sms came with my new passcode, which I entered to log in and changed to my desired password. After re-login with the changed, I viewed my profile and tried card transfer menu, wherein I was asked question like my birth date for confirmation. I entered my brith date as displayed in my profile there, yet it was repeatedly rejected. Counting down to about 4 times wrong trial stating that it remains 1 more trial before locking out. Then I stopped and logged out. Few minutes later, I tried logging in and the next response was that I should contact issuing bank.

Luckily by then, their email to confirm receipt of new passcode was waiting in my inbox. And so, I quickly replied again that the newly sent passcode, which I just changed successfully had been locked. By this morning, I got another passcode from them by sms, which I have used and changed successfully. Let's hope it will not misbehave again. You can just follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by 2sexy(m): 4:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
I tire sef... I guess I should just stick with the method which I have been using.., just for payment purspose and nothing more.

Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by bukahands(m): 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
arbitrage:

I actually login with my username which I changed when I got the card not the no
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by arbitrage: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
bukahands:

I actually login with my username which I changed when I got the card not the no

The line actually says username or card no, neither of which you can change yourself I think.
Re: Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard by Kpimp: 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
am really happy for knowing about this uba africacard.it is just like a magic to me cos some years back people normally complain about rejection of nigeria credit card,but not with uba africard. i bought some stuff on aliexpress and recently to my surprise, i register a domain name successfuly on godaddy without any wahala.God bless uba for this card.
que:what is uba doing that gtb is not doing?cos i dey hear lot of complain about gtb card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (31) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter / Obi Cubana Buys 2022 Mercedes Benz Maybach S580 Guard 4matic Bulletproof / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.