Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,318 members, 7,964,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:29 PM

Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt (37487 Views)

Thugs Set Cars Ablaze In Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Complex (Photos) / Governor Wike Hosts Davido And His Crew At Rivers Govt. House. Photos / Fulani Herdsmen And Their Cattle In Front Of National Assembly Complex, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Johnycastro18: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
lekonso:

I'm with Sim 100%. Wike should be taught a bitter lesson of his life. He is too greedy and selfish. How can you buy nomination forms for all the assembly members and the governor so that you can control all of them. He wants to be eating in APC and be eating in PDP.
no mind that wike of a man, he is too greedy
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by ATkirk(m): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Sim is dealing with Wike woto woto. I just pity those 27 legislators that defected because their political career may be over. Those who deceived them into defection should come and ask what happened in Akwa Ibom when Akpabio defected. The house members that defected with him all lost their sits and up till now they`ve not been able to make a come back. Let nairaland apc members who don`t know south south politics keep making noise. They keep making noise of federal might but the question is if it`s that easy for the president to rubbish a governor why couldn`t OBJ rubbish Tinubu, Obong Victor Attah nd recently why couldn`t Buhari and Akpabio rubbish Udom?

Please don't say what you don't know. In Akwaibom state, did any lawmaker decamp to APC with Akpabio? Or it was just an internal fracas? Mind you the commissioners and others who decamped with Akpabio are now big guys, bigger appointments, captains of industries than just mere state commissioner. It pays to be loyal bro!!
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Indispensable85(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2023
like1:
Lo, even SIM will be happy to finish first term and not return for second term at this point. What WIke planned for him is really bad, so he is like a dying horse kicking to survive. That is what a man should do and not fold arms and allow your enemies to swallow you without a fight.

Someone that is yet to complete 1 year and they are about to take the sit away from him and you are talking of second term.

SIM would want a second term and trust me, he'll fight for it. I'm not in support of his removal at this moment. It will disrupt development in the state. I prefer the Tinubu to Ambode approach.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by KORLAR(m): 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
Flame333:
If Tinubu could wait four years before teaching Ambode a lesson, I wonder what Wike think of himself..

This kind of politics is not good for the peace and stability of the state.. Tomorrow one oil company will move to Lagos due to its peaceful style of handling issues like this..

I really wonder what is wrong with our South South leaders..

Shame
!

Context is important.

Wike doesn't have the kind of influence Tinubu has in Lagos.
Leaving Fubara would make him consolidate his power and influence while whittling Wike's during the 4 years.
Sim still has the court to battle and sadly, Wike wields enormous influence on the judiciary.
Sim might seem to be winning the battle presently but the war isn't won yet.

PS: I have no dog in this fight.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Indispensable85(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2023
TruthsFM:
sim will win his second term like the way Godwin obaseki won his second term. Obaseki is preparing to paid 13 months salaries to the workers. Workers dey enjoy ooo

The states and protagonists are peculiar. Wike, uzodinma, Yahaya Bello belong to same league. U know what I mean. Even the election that brought in SIM was rigged.

As for salary Obaseki dey try.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Banter1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2023
Bliss62:

Use your sense before commenting

I am from Ibadan, so what benefit are you talking about I can't discuss National politics on a public forum without people like you butting in with crap

Start behaving more maturely or simple stop qouting others
You mean people like you right? Goodnight no more reply from me. #peace
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Achoghim: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Sim, as the sitting governor, has all it takes to fight. He just has to be willing to open the arsenal and roll out the big guns
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by obaidan: 5:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Seems like you are far from what is on ground. Yesterday the court gave an ex parte that the speaker is from the governor's camp and that no one can convoco in the house of assembly until its renovation. Hope you have seen the pictures of Fubara submitting the budget, the mace is with the governor... He has already provided a complex for house of assembly sitting until the rebuilding of assembly complex. You can't fight a governor and win. That office wields more power.

And let's assume u think u are now stubborn and wants to fight, avoid fighting any rivers state governor.
Obasanjo pleaded with Odili to drop his presidency ambition and fund yaradua
Amaechi we hear was the major spender when ACN teamed with CPC to chase Jonathan
Wike used Rivers money to spoil Atiku's dream.

I laugh when people talk of Lagos IGR and all... Rivers Governors dey get coded bigggggg money from bunkering and its a lot of money. E get why Wike dey build fly over everywhere still get money to appoint 500, thousand Special Advisers or whatever he called them that time.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
This is the BIGGEST Lie in History.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by fergie001: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2023
Kukutente23:
I told you it's renovation that's ongoing not demolition. These things look alike sometimes
You people should not tarnish the image of our able and amiable governor o
Chai
You love vawulence
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by 679akinrinnola: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Don't Explain Sir because there is evidence. The people of Rivers are behind you. Wike the Wiked should know that two can play the gameDon't Explain Sir because there is evidence. The people of Rivers are behind you. Wike the Wiked should know that two can play the game...
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Freebills12: 10:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
smiley
Indispensable85:

I dey laff u......
Are you new to this game?
The other group have been sitting with a maze too. Maze can be gotten anywhere. That's not a big deal.

At this point, any group can get any convenient location for sitting. It must not be the location proposed by the governor. He doesn't have such powers. There'll be no meaningful development in Rivers for the next 3yrs. The budget na for politicians to see money chop. We've seen this many times in my state Edo.
In the end let the court decide who's who at the higher courts. Don't forget the both factions have court orders in their favour to allow them operate.

But one thing I can bet you is that SIM can never return as governor and this his term will be turbulent all thru. If he's lucky to finish it. You'll begin to see illegality upon illegality going forward.

You failed it when you said that mace can be gotten from anywhere. Seems like you don't know what the mace is? A symbol of power. Each state has one only. If the whole house is present without a mace they are just having a party not a sitting. The one of rivers is with one governor's camp.
Each state has state assembly complex. If its damage or needs renovation the executive is saddled with the responsibility likewise provision of alternative temptative site.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Melagros(m): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Wike's boys seat have been declared vacant by the authentic speaker recognize by law. The next is for an order mandating INEC to conduct elections in those constituencies within 90 days

For Wike's boys, Politics have since ended for them abruptly. It's over for them and they know, reason they have long relocated to Wike's kitchen where they are being served okro and fresh fish soup at the moment
Kai una too much oo grin
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by Caseless: 3:49am On Dec 14, 2023
Flame333:
If Tinubu could wait four years before teaching Ambode a lesson, I wonder what Wike think of himself..

This kind of politics is not good for the peace and stability of the state.. Tomorrow one oil company will move to Lagos due to its peaceful style of handling issues like this..

I really wonder what is wrong with our South South leaders..

Shame
!
I said it. Wike should have waited for a better time to strike.

SS and SE drive everything out of their region by their own actions.
Re: Demolition: Assembly Complex Failed Structural Integrity Tests - Rivers Govt by uchwar1: 7:25am On Dec 14, 2023
Indispensable85:

A speaker with 3 assembly members? Lol 🤣🤣🤣. The reason why u novice keep being on the losing side is because u think political battle is a 100metre dash.

I can tell you for free, in the end fubara will lose out, most likely he'll do one term.
do one term indeed. The people of Rivers state are with him. He can easily rig the election. He has the power and resources to do that. Wike's time has gone. Get that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kekere-Ekun Set To Emerge Nigeria’s Second Female CJN / Obasanjo Meets Kwankwaso, Duke, Agbakoba, 35 Parties In Lagos / TUC Backs Out Of 2-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.