Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,157 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:33 PM

Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest (27310 Views)

Remi Tinubu, Governors’ Wives Move To Address “Japa” Syndrome / Peter Obi Agrees With Bill Gates' Comment On The "Japa" Syndrome / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by toxtimmy: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2023
Economics one oh one 101.... The four factors of an economy is labour, capital, land and entrepreneurship.....

Non of this exist in Nigeria for young people to use and excel....

Only thing that thrives in Nigeria is politics... Politics is the brother name for corruption.

AnonPoet:

https://leaders.ng/2023/12/15/japa-syndrome-nigerias-political-class-will-face-the-consequences-soonest/
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by FILEBE(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Epele

Ki lo n ki mi Pele fun?
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by PHZADDY1(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2023
XY23:

Abi my brother. Instead of counting years and suffering something a depraved majority is forcing on everyone. 2015 to date is 9 solid years. How many people can boast of steady and sustained growth that commiserate with their efforts in the 9 years? I know young chaps whose businesses nosedive this year alone, making them lose millions. Useless country.
I pray God give everyone who has the dream of leaving here the resources to do so cos a lot of people here especially on this forum is crazy undecided
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by londonzona: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2023
i never believe that i will jakpa one day, but i calculated the dynamism of the political system and it was not projecting to the right direction, insecurity, tribal e-war by educated nuisance, who can trade the future of his kids for the position of their tribeman.One thing they fail to understand that no matter how you pamper a spoilt egg ,when it falls the smell will affect everyone.

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Love800(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2023
Which country u con enta?
londonzona:
i never believe that i will jakpa one day, but i calculated the dynamism of the political system and it was not projecting to the right direction, insecurity, tribal e-war by educated nuisance, who can trade the future of his kids for the position of their tribeman.One thing they fail to understand that no matter how you pamper a spoilt egg ,when it falls the smell will affect everyone.
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Assetosky(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2023
Jakpon:
Omo I am not exaggerating, the number of my home boys and girls, wey I know personally one on one, that migrated to UK & Canada within the last two months exceeds fifty.
Meanwhile the political class don't care

Meaning they were doing well na.

Poor people can't afford Canada and UK
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 11:50am On Dec 16, 2023
Push will come to shove..
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by SKIBiNSKI(m): 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2023
Jakpon:
Omo I am not exaggerating, the number of my home boys and girls, wey I know personally one on one, that migrated to UK & Canada within the last two months exceeds fifty.
Meanwhile the political class don't care
you know more than 50 boys and girls personally? Come on! cheesy talk about not exaggerating
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by YoshihideSuga: 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2023
BreconHills:

I dont know that one can say the government is not bothered about youth. There have been a lot of programs specifically earmarked for youth across several administrations. Whether they have been well run is another thing.

Japa is a global phenomenon. Post Brexit the UK has lost many doctors and nurses to the US and Australia. The world is flat talent wise and people will move. Not everyone moving out of Nigeria is poor and desperate. A large number are from big 4 consulting firms, also people in good mid tier jobs. Global job fluidity is a thing in itself. Having a poor economy doesn't help and the idea of doing for the kids is a powerful one. In my job partnering with top 4 consulting firms the intra project turn over is massive which has helped people like me who are stayers to become a stabilising force on projects.

I honestly think the real cost and gains of japa both to the economy and the family as a social structure will show up over the next 5-10 years and then we will all be able to assess it better.

Thank you!

I look forward to the next ten years to judge how the recent japa phenomenon has contributed to Nigeria economically, and the japarians socially and economically. I presage Nigeria benefitting as a country since most of those who japa'd will return, either for good or intermittently. Already, remittances have soared and there has been a rise in construction of houses, mostly financed by japarians.

The future is pregnant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by YoshihideSuga: 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2023
maasoap:

What's your problem? Do you really like how this country has been messed up or the state of things? This is not about APC or LP, Yoruba or Igbo. Sit down for a second and think about your future and that of your children in this country! The future is gloomy if things continue like this
Same thing goes for you

shocked shocked

No be you dey support APC few weeks ago? What happened? Kilode?

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by YoshihideSuga: 1:47pm On Dec 16, 2023
Yankiss:
Well, you are right to some extent. Government programs for

The situation is not an ideal one. Japa is not helping and cannot help a developing country like Nigeria unless it is a coordinated policy. China was developed when they adopted the Sea-turtle scheme, in which top graduates of Chinese universities were sent to understudy the developed economies and lured with mouthwatering incentives to come back to China and develop it. Emperor Hiro Hito of Japan adopted a similar tactics to turn his country from third world to a first world. India today is such that they classify their citizenship broadly. You have NRI (Non-Resident Indians) and the RI (Resident Indians.) Their rights and privileges as spelt out in the constitution are not the same. And they do not entertain dual citizenship. You are either Indian or nothing else. You can't be US citizen and Indian at same time. Most Indians I know prefer to study abroad and come back to their country to develop indigenous technologies.

India, China and Japan are largely homogeneous countries, so the citizens have the country at heart. Divide Nigeria today and Igbos will return enmass to contribute to Biafra, while Yorubas to Oduduwa and the rest. Nigeria is too ethnically diverse and judging from the history, it makes no sense for an Igbo person to pay allegiance to Nigeria. I specified Igbos because they form almost half of immigrants from Nigeria and the history between Igbos and Nigeria.

Since the current elites have second citizenship, who is going to abolish it? Certainly not those elites.
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Fearyourcreator: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2023
FILEBE:

Ki lo n ki mi Pele fun?
E ma binu sir
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by BreconHills(m): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2023
👍

YoshihideSuga:

Thank you!

I look forward to the next ten years to judge how the recent japa phenomenon has contributed to Nigeria economically, and the japarians socially and economically. I presage Nigeria benefitting as a country since most of those who japa'd will return, either for good or intermittently. Already, remittances have soared and there has been a rise in construction of houses, mostly financed by japarians.

The future is pregnant.
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Xtraterestial: 5:39pm On Dec 16, 2023
Nigerians too should stop giving birth anyhow otherwise they'll create more thugs for these politicians to use, or more oloshos. The country is failed and can't cater to more people, you Minimize poverty, country don't manufacture anything, yet people still give birth anyhow.
Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Yankiss(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

India, China and Japan are largely homogeneous countries, so the citizens have the country at heart. Divide Nigeria today and Igbos will return enmass to contribute to Biafra, while Yorubas to Oduduwa and the rest. Nigeria is too ethnically diverse and judging from the history, it makes no sense for an Igbo person to pay allegiance to Nigeria. I specified Igbos because they form almost half of immigrants from Nigeria and the history between Igbos and Nigeria.

Since the current elites have second citizenship, who is going to abolish it? Certainly not those elites.
My brother, ethnically, these countries are much more diverse than NIgeria. I have been to India and China, but not Japan. The diversity in China is very much. Tibet, Korea people (until recently), Mao tribe, Yi, Lisu, Hui, etc - about 56 major tribes and motley of minorities. For India, there are many more tribes than in China. The caste system there is well known. Bangladesh and Pakistan were excised along religious lines for peace. I would say, Nigeria's major issue is religion. Another is 3 major tribes. If major tribes were many, it would lead to healthy rivalry and coalition. The rivalry here is destructive. Peaceful dissolution of the Union is an option. But is that achievable? If you go to war, the rule is u must win the war to be recognized as a separate entity. That was why Biafra failed in 1970.

Yes, the elites cannot put in place a law against themselves. Only a revolution can. It will come one day. Mark this article.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: Nigeria’s Political Class Will Face The Consequences Soonest by Jeboy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2023
If you really want to know how bad people are migrating please visit VFS Lagos or International wing of the MM airport in Lagos.

Nigeria will surely suffer the consequence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai At The Inauguration Of Kayode Fayemi In Ado Ekiti (Photos) / Insecurity: Anambra Traditional Chief Priests Invoke Gods Of Okija Land (Video) / Arrest Of Card Reader Company Technicians Won’t Affect Elections, Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.