Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,749 members, 7,975,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 01:50 PM

Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company (2650 Views)

Telcos Warn Of Shutdown In 11 States Over Kogi’s Clampdown / Onitsha Bridge Shutdown By ENDSARS Protesters: PICTURES & VIDEO / Lagos Street, Commercial Hub of Benin metropolis Shutdown By Edo Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by revolt(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
motymop:
This is why, we need to create our own infrastructures.

We should stop relaying on foreigners.
A Blackman finally thinking.. why the hell should we depend on another races infrastructure or products... its insane.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by fastseo: 3:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
motymop:

we are not talking about web hosting company but running your own server from home.

People do run servers from home and it is possible, many forums are run like that.

People like how efficient is the delivery grin
We are talking of cloud storage this days and u are dragging seun to go and buy some storage facility and keep in his house where data will be stored.

cheesy grin am laughing you in Chinese.

It can't fly, all you will see will be down time. It takes more than you can imagine.

Team of engineers. Those responsible for security, those responsible for different sectors etc.

You are saying seun you have just one data center from his home? It's like that people won't be sending 5000$ dashing Web hosting company... Don't doubt that figure I quote they are hosting account that cost that amount per year.

Read more from here
https://www.namecheap.com/blog/hosting-server-location/

Before you reply again.. Read that article very well
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by online4business: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
Cloudflare has successfully brainwash 95% of internet marketers that it's safe heaven why regulating the internet.

The majority is always wrong about money and everything.

There's so little truth in the popular culture know this and know peace.

Seun should take a trip to Russia or China it's not expensive there like most people think.

I host my site in Singapore paying $34 per year.

EIG group of hosting are nothing but sheet charging premium for anything

A dedicated server could cost seun less than $230 per month.

People should stop routing their traffic through cloudflare for their own good.

All the bs that it makes website fast are all bs I've tested it for myself.

No cache plugin like wps
No VPs server
No bs plugin but basic WordPress settings.

Pass coreweb vitals and every google metrics.

Find the fringes group and follow them... Popular culture is at best mediocre content.

Seun should also moderate comment of politics religion and romance sections.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Philgafauto: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beremx:
senseless comment. Igbos are failures in what aspect?

In almost all aspects brother. You region is now a warzone due to inability to reason amongst yourselves.

Now the only thing you have is the ability to trade in the land of those you hate. In essence, you do business at their mercy and they may regulate you as they like.

Pipe down on the hate and build your region.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Justiceleague1: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Philgafauto:

In almost all aspects brother. You region is now a warzone due to inability to reason amongst yourselves.

Now the only thing you have is the ability to trade in the land of those you hate. In essence, you do business at their mercy and they may regulate you as they like.

Pipe down on the hate and build your region.

It's like NL has judged it wise to do something about you...God bless nairaland.
My God,you are so disgusting.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Justiceleague1: 4:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beremx:
senseless comment. Igbos are failures in what aspect?
Madam please,stop engaging that human being....
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Beremx(f): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Justiceleague1:

Madam please,stop engaging that human being....
his thread has been closed. The guy matter tire me

1 Like

Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Justiceleague1: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beremx:
his thread has been closed. The guy matter tire me
Walai,some people are just crazy...naija na real wa.
He was just acting as if he just discovered gold grin
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Horus(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
Please don't make tribalistic comments on this section

Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Ogene001: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2023
Woodshot:

You saw them on a faceful place but couldn't engage only to come to a faceless place to do what exactly?
Cowardice
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by motymop: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2023
fastseo:

People like how efficient is the delivery grin
We are talking of cloud storage this days and u are dragging seun to go and buy some storage facility and keep in his house where data will be stored.

cheesy grin am laughing you in Chinese.

It can't fly, all you will see will be down time. It takes more than you can imagine.

Team of engineers. Those responsible for security, those responsible for different sectors etc.

You are saying seun you have just one data center from his home? It's like that people won't be sending 5000$ dashing Web hosting company... Don't doubt that figure I quote they are hosting account that cost that amount per year.

Read more from here
https://www.namecheap.com/blog/hosting-server-location/

Before you reply again.. Read that article very well

Stop showing me link.

We are talking about building in house server, you keep mentioning cloud services that hosting services offer as if there arent websites with massive traffic powered by in house servers.

Man, how do you think all these web3 functions or how do you think silk road and some illegal gambling websites function, most owners built an inhouse server.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Raskimonojendor: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
fastseo:

Nothing like human error rather it was voilation of policy. Something like ethic insults. Etc

Nairaland is not capable running a sever to serve the whole world.
Like now have a sever in Europe, America, Asia, Russia, Africa, middle east.. Keep staffs there to manage it
Expensis runs into thousands of dollars if not millions of dollars and this are variable cost.

Even though he has his own server. What about the domain which is COM. It belongs to the domain provider. So they can seize it.

So abide by rules, at present no difference between ipob radio station and nairaland.

You see insult of ethnic groups everywhere
It could also be those calling Tinubu criminal drug baron. It would get to a point when the government would say enough.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by OmoFiditi: 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Artscollection:
Iam sure some people did not live their normal life these 3 days because there was no ass to lick.

grin grin
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by fastseo: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
motymop:

we are not talking about web hosting company but running your own server from home.

People do run servers from home and it is possible, many forums are run like that.

It can't work oga. It won't be accessible everywhere. If it's possible why him never do am?
The same thing you are saying. It's same procedure web hosting companies do..

They keep servers in locations so that anyone closer to those region browsing there can access the files in seconds. Even at this.. It's still slow so we integrate it to cloudflare to fasten the process.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by fastseo: 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

It could also be those calling Tinubu criminal drug baron. It would get to a point when the government would say enough.

Insult on tribes, ethnicity has no place in modern world. Anti igbos, anti yoruba, anti hausa, antisemitism has no place in modern world.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by webizone(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Beremx:
you should have said this on Twitter na. You dey fear?

Please, where's the Twitter link?
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Af0nja: 8:11am On Dec 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Take this gospel to your fellows. That's their stock in trade. Mine is just a reaction. Or are you expecting me to be praising them for that?

You can't even take care and control of your wife and kids, na for nairaland u dey show ur iberibe. Werey wey no fit handle em woman. It is social media that give people like u chance to talk because you can't show ur face. Keep lying to yourself
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by tunjijones(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2023
Beremx:
LeoDeKing, nairaland members were calling for your head on Twitter. I'm glad you have seen how much you're being despised. You think people aren't noticing your obnoxious bigotry on nairaland. Oya use your LeoDeKing moniker on nairaland again. Abi you still dey fear?

But you know that you are no different from LeoDeking.

You guys are birds of a feather.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by tunjijones(m): 11:14am On Dec 25, 2023
Beremx:
lol don't mind him. Faceless idiots that want to bring their brother's business down and blaming Igbo people for it.
Ndi ara

I have always known you to be a tribal bigot.

Yet you call others same thing that you are.
Re: Thank God nairaland is back after 3 days of shutdown by foreign server company by Beremx(f): 11:19am On Dec 25, 2023
tunjijones:

I have always known you to be a tribal bigot.

Yet you call others same thing that you are.
you have no proof of me being a bigot. Show me anywhere on nairaland where I made derogatory statements against any ethnic group or forever fucck off my mentions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Join This Protest. / Dora Akunyili Says Goodluck Is Here To Stay / GEJ Mansion Now Under Water (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.