Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,162 members, 7,988,027 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 10:59 PM

Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M (30376 Views)

Man Who Built A House For His Girlfriend's Family Wants To Demolish It After.... / My Husband Wants To Marry His Side Chic After I Reported Her To Her Husband / Hausa Muslim Girl Impregnated By Igbo Man Dies During Childbirth, Family Wants.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:26am On Jan 07
maxiuc:
I swear even with that 600k you don pay bride price finish for my part of Owerri you go still get change remaining

Which part of Owerri is that? Why is the bride price and marriage rites so expensive in Imo in general?

1 Like

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:29am On Jan 07
CaptainFM1:
Some friends would just embarrass you for social media instead of borrowing you money.

Madness!

Why should a friend be responsible for your marriage rites?!!! It is total madness! It is your responsibility because you got married. Did you marry for the whole world? Why should I lend you money, not for a business or to buy a house, to get married?!!!

God!!! No wonder poverty is ubiquitous in Nigeria. So people lend money to others to get married?!! Chineke! shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gerrard59(m): 2:38am On Jan 07
Greenfaces:
Malaysians are paying groom price to men to marry their daughters. Fine daughters ooo...

Even if they were paying to the bride's family, I would understand because Malaysia is WAY RICHER, SAFE AND ORGANISED than anywhere in Nigeria. If an ethnic group charges a high bride price, that ethnic group should have high development indices. An ethnic group cannot be poor, wretched, and lose their people to Fulani marauders YET charge exorbitant fees as bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Necrophagia: 3:20am On Jan 07
Gerrard59:

Which part of Owerri is that? Why is the bride price and marriage rites so expensive in Imo in general?

Culture and traditions
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Ikemba007: 6:00am On Jan 07
Correct question!

DARLINGTON869:
1•2 million naira marriage list. HOPE SHE IS A GRADUATE OF HAVARD UNIVERSITY AND CURRENTLY WORKING IN EXON MOBIL OR SHELL?
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Ikemba007: 6:01am On Jan 07
EreluRoz:
It's too small for marriage, you can't get anything reasonable with that amount.

See dis one
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gandrova: 7:13am On Jan 07
EreluRoz:
It's too small for marriage, you can't get anything reasonable with that amount.
You are one of Nigeria problem.
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by Gloryhr: 10:01am On Jan 07
Customer Service Representative

📍Remote

Remuneration: N250k - N350k

Benefits: Data stipends & Fuel incentives

Job Requirements
•Proven experience working as a customer service representative, or client relationship officer.
•Proficiency in use of computer system and knowledge of basic operations.
•Good communication skills and good command of spoken English
•Working hours is in EST (3pm - 11pm)
•Training would be provided for successful candidates.

Apply 👇
https://joboutsource.carrd.co
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by CaptainFM1: 10:42am On Jan 07
Gerrard59:

Madness!

Why should a friend be responsible for your marriage rites?!!! It is total madness! It is your responsibility because you got married. Did you marry for the whole world? Why should I lend you money, not for a business or to buy a house, to get married?!!!

God!!! No wonder poverty is ubiquitous in Nigeria. So people lend money to others to get married?!! Chineke! shocked shocked shocked

SMHFU!

You have a point though, but if the friend cannot assist you, should such friend now post your situation to social media?

Think about it again!
Re: Man Unable To Marry His Benue Girlfriend With ₦600,000 As Her Family Wants ₦1.2M by bizzibodi(m): 1:46pm On Jan 07
Na those people say them no dey pay marriage money finish....any time she born they will visit to collect money & meat...abeg leave d gal for them,na her big cassava cousin go impregnate her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Marriage Now Vs Then – Which Do You Prefer? / Paternity Fraud: Shocking Revelations As More Couples Embrace DNA Testing / Women In STEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.