Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Building Friendship With God By Soibi Versatile - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Building Friendship With God By Soibi Versatile (56 Views)

How You Can Be Led By The Spirit Of God By Kenneth E. Hagin / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / 8 Steps To A Better Relationship With God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building Friendship With God By Soibi Versatile by Dailymemoirs4: 7:21am On Jan 09
Daily Devotional

Scriptural Compositions

9/1/24

Building Friendship with God

For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.

Romans 5:10

Years back while studying in particular tertiary institution one of the elderly individuals in class walked up to me and said he would like to be friends with me. I was perplexed and happy at the same time because someone could identify good traits in me to make me a friendship proposal.

Our relationship with God has different facets. God is our father, he is our helper, He is our redeemer he is our savior and many more but do you know God also desires to be friends with you?

When the world began the book of Genesis made us understand that Adam and eve had a strong relational bond with God. He would come down every evening to interact with them but soon after the fall of man at Eden God's closeness to man waned.

However in scripture we learn that some individuals became friends with God. One of such was Abraham. Abraham was a friend of God the book of Genesis tells us, such that when Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to be destroyed Abraham got to know before hand and negotiated with God.

Moses, Noah and Enoch are another example of friends of God. God desires that we know him intimately.
Building a friendship with God goes beyond having a daily quiet time or attending church programs. It is allowing God have a say in every aspect of your life. You can have conversations with God about anything not just what is in the Bible. We must train our minds to involve God in all we do.

To become a friend of God you need Jesus in your life. Jesus is the gateway to friendship with God. After man fell God provided a means to make us his friends through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Key point : God desires a relationship with you and that can begin through our acceptance of Jesus into our lives

Prayer: Lord I desire a close bond with you. Help me to see you in all I do.

Soibi Versatile is a writer for Jesus Community Network

(1) (Reply)

Daily Horoscope 09-01-2024 / Thank God With This Prayer / It Shall Be Well III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.