Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,399 members, 7,881,448 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:54 PM

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected (18014 Views)

Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by cold(m): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t:

See why I came to the conclusion that Pastor Chris should be respected?. . .ask 9 out of every 10 person who speaks ill about the man and they'll have nothing to say based on their own experience or encounter with the man but rather copy and paste what some ill-feeling-biased-and-sentimental human wrote against the innocent Pastor.

My friend, let me agree you appear to be civilized, if yes! then let me ask you . . . do you believe it is so fair to judge a person based on ill preconceived notions about him. . .or its better judging such based on personal experience?

While you try answering this, let me say. . .the last thing every human on the face of this earth wants to do to his fellow man is to sing his shine. Humans and our vile minds are so wicked and sentimental that we hate it when a humble light shines from obscurity.

If this man were to be from the states or the queens-society, you would have joined the band wagon to be singing his praises. As far as I know, those accusations against him werent found true. . .I have the true story.

This line of argument is weak,misleading and bunkum.You watched the video didn't you?You saw a security man try to block the Channel 4 crew from filming & Rhodes' narrative of his experience afterwards.Why do you continue to hold on to a lie even when your conscience is continually pricking you & telling you to do the right thing.
Besides why do I have to experience anything personally to believe it?I don't allow things happen to me before I learn.I learn from other people's mistakes.It's called common sense
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

You and Oyaks should go and get a lawyer to advise you on that.  

Enigma,

Jo is asking you a simple question. . . What does criminal code say about offerings in church dude.?

If you claim you know so much as to nail an innocent man on the subject, it will be best to answer this simple question  grin grin grin grin

[size=14pt]Enigma, What does criminal code say about offerings in church dude.?[/size]
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
cold:

This line of argument is weak,misleading and bunkum.You watched the video didn't you?You saw a security man try to block the Channel 4 crew from filming & Rhodes' narrative of his experience afterwards.Why do you continue to hold on to a lie even when your conscience is continually pricking you & telling you to do the right thing.
Besides why do I have to experience anything personally to believe it?I don't allow things happen to me before I learn.I learn from other people's mistakes.It's called common sense

I finally see why 'folly' will never be erased from the dictionary!. . .some folks are just the reason the word go. Going through the entire video, there was no where i saw any man beaten or harrased by security teams of Christ embassy.

For God's sake, whatever happened to humans and our common sense ehn.? you claim you have it but really dont. Let me ask you this questions and make sure you answer me!

[list]
[li]How on earth will you feel if some guy in the name of a journalist suddenly bump into your fenced compound and starts taking pictures of your house, this same guy came in not greeting or saying a word to anyone and then he goes to the backyard, to te front side and the rears just busy taking pictures, suddenly feel he has the audacity to go into your room and take pictures yet not talking or saying any word to you?[/li]

[li]Do you think Seyi Rhode's will do that were it Aso rock or any government house? A man just bumps straight into the privacy of an institution and starts taking pictures. . , gooooshhhh only a big fool will come and tell me what seyi did was right[/li]

[li]Do you think Seyi would have the infantry to do so in the holiest temple of buddha or any islamic establishment[/li]

[/list]

Christianity and its institutions seems about the most tolerant body ever to allow every diiike shun and harry to evade decency. . . nonsense! angry angry angry
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
For records and for records only (as I won't waste time on the penultimate above)

Does the Criminal Code say that a murder can be committed in "church"? Ask Reverend King!

Does the Criminal Code (or other statutory provision) say that a "church" could possibly be used for money laundering?

Does the Criminal Code say that a "church" can be guilty of child abuse? Ask the Rev Gilbert Deya and his wife.

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
Quote from pastor kun
Even Osama bin laden was highly respected by his followers, likewise Adolf hitler. Mohammed is even far more respected and he as inspired far more people to perdition than a million pastor chris can ever achieve so what is the big deal about being respected? Even our thieving politicians command a lot of respect. Please stop all these personality cult and focus on christ. Oyaks is not better than any other of his fellow charlatan false prophets and scammers fleecing people with the name of God.

. . .so stale undecided undecided undecided undecided If you believe Osama, Adolf as wicked or evil as they appear, command high respect from their followers tell me why a man who has fostered the course of God's kingdom should not be respected in his own fold.?

Kunle you have always lacked reasonable accusations against this man.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

For records and for records only (as I won't waste time on the penultimate above)

Does the Criminal Code say that a murder can be committed in "church"? Ask Reverend King!

Does the Criminal Code (or other statutory provision) say that a "church" could possibly be used for money laundering?

Does the Criminal Code say that a "church" can be guilty of child abuse? Ask the Rev Gilbert Deya and his wife.

cool

You are getting yourself confused Sir!

What has murder got to do with Pastor Chris ehn? Ok Rev. King had a case in the affirmative and it was very glaring under the law that this man should be tried and sadly he was found wanting on the accusations hence his awaiting prosecution.

now let me break this money laundering side for you on the next post. . .
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2011
Birds of the same feather flock together  cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by zalak45: 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t:

This last time i checked Yes! and guess who i saw? . . . i saw you doing so on Satan's bottom grin grin grin grin

Coem on, you serious, you call yourself a true christian, but see as you dey judge person, you call yourself true christian, see as you dey praise man,
those 2 things alone, alone, e too much, i rest my case
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
What is money laundering?

Money laundering is the process of disguising illegal sources of money so that it looks like it came from legal sources. -'wikipedia.org

What are the forms of Money laundering?

Money laundering often occurs in three steps: first, cash is introduced into the financial system by some means (“placement”), the second involves carrying out complex financial transactions in order to camouflage the illegal source (“layering”), and the final step entails acquiring wealth generated from the transactions of the illicit funds (“integration”). Some of these steps may be omitted, depending on the circumstances; for example, non-cash proceeds that are already in the financial system would have no need for placement.[3]

Money laundering takes several different forms although most methods can be categorized into one of a few types. These include "bank methods, smurfing [also known as structuring], currency exchanges, and double-invoicing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering

At what condition and on whom should the crime be levelled against?

Criminal sanctions

Money laundering has been criminalized in the United States since the Money Laundering Control Act of 1986. That legislation, contained at section 1956 of Title 18 of the United States Code, prohibits individuals from engaging in a financial transaction with proceeds that were generated from certain specific crimes, known as “specified unlawful activities” (SUAs). Additionally, the law requires that an individual specifically intend in making the transaction to conceal the source, ownership or control of the funds.

There is no minimum threshold of money, nor is there the requirement that the transaction succeed in actually disguising the money. Moreover, a “financial transaction” has been broadly defined, and need not involve a financial institution, or even a business. Merely passing money from one person to another, so long as it is done with the intent to disguise the source, ownership, location or control of the money, has been deemed a financial transaction under the law. However, the lone possession of money without either a financial transaction or an intent to conceal is not a crime in the United States.[53]

Hope you know understand that the crime of money laundering should be against the initial possessor of the money (the individual who does the transactions) and it doesnt involve the financial institution or the business in which the transaction was made?

Now if some guy steals one million naira and brings it to CEC as offering or tithe, who is to be called the thief or criminal? The man, the church ("herein called the business"wink?

folks should sometimes seize criticising issues especially when they lack the basic in the regards. . .I say this to Enigman and Alethiae! embarassed embarassed
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
zalak45:

Coem on, you serious, you call yourself a true christian, but see as you dey judge person, you call yourself true christian, see as you dey praise man,
those 2 things alone, alone, e too much, i rest my case

Not everyone who says he is a Christian is actually one.

Apostle John said many deceivers have gone out into the world.

These are men worshippers not God worshippers, they love the praise of men more than the praise of God.

We should always be on guard and use the bible as our standard.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 05, 2011
frosbel:

Birds of the same feather flock together   cool

My boy how are you today? grin grin grin grin grin. . .you wanna join in the discourse? oh i see you lack the liver! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
@TONYE-t

Tonye-t:

You are getting yourself confused Sir!What has murder got to do with Pastor Chris ehn? Ok Rev. King had a case in the affirmative and it was very glaring under the law that this man should be tried and sadly he was found wanting on the accusations hence his awaiting prosecution.
. . .

It is commonly known how the guy dodges questions and answer questions with questions. Typical of charge and bailers cool. He will try to derail the thread and divert attention to other irrelevant issues. Like another man's phd!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2011
@Enigma,

On the issue of Child abuse, I think without biase you and I should give the "most advocate against child abuse award" to Chris Embassy. . .i have proofs! wink

frosbel:

Not everyone who says he is a Christian is actually one.

Apostle John said many deceivers have gone out into the world.

These are men worshippers not God worshippers, they love the praise of men more than the praise of God.

We should always be on guard and use the bible as our standard.

frosbel my dear brother and best friend grin grin grin grin,

We are not talking about deceivers here nor God worshippers this and that, we are soliciting to folks perceived to be civilized or unsentimental to see the man's humble achievements and simple RESPECT HIM. period! grin grin grin

At least folks who know me wont say I am a member of christ embassy, but when i see the truth i call it the truth. wink. . . that;s civility my friend.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 2:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
frosbel:

Not everyone who says he is a Christian is actually one. Apostle John said many deceivers have gone out into the world.
These are men worshippers not God worshippers, they love the praise of men more than the praise of God. We should always be on guard and use the bible as our standard.

Don't judge by sight, judge by the word and be open to hear other side because you may just be wrong.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2011
@ Enigma or anyone who cares to answer,

[size=15pt]Pls Enigma, What does criminal code say about offerings in church dude.?[/size]

. . . o my goosh i have to leave now my little boy needs me wink
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by hercules07: 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2011
Pastor Chris is a business man jare and respect is earned not demanded, only two people demand our respect, our spouse and our parents, every other person should earn it. Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy should go and sort out their issues in Linkserve (they invested 300M Naira in the company and have been kicked because the church's representatives were not performing).
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

@TONYE-t

It is commonly known how the guy dodges questions and answer questions with questions. Typical of charge and bailers cool. He will try to derail the thread and divert attention to other irrelevant issues. Like another man's phd!

See your life outside!  grin

When your ignorance is exposed, you start to look for straws to clutch at. Shebi, you were asking what the Criminal Code says about the "church"? Now my examples, even without explanation, show that you and your supporter are both talking nonsense.

Your "church" and your boss should know better to be receiving stolen money and stolen goods; what is more when you then KNOW because it is pointed out to you, the proper thing is to return the stolen money/property! But you worshippers of mammon are too greedy to do the decent thing.

By the way, also ask Ashimolowo if it is possible under the law for a church pastor to be regarded as misappropriating church funds. See, you can deceive your followers about what the Criminal code says or doesn't say --- but when you try it in a place like this, you will soon be exposed for both your ignorance and fraud.

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 2:45pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t link=topic=796474.msg9486930#msg9486930 date=:

Now if some guy steals one million naira and brings it to CEC as offering or tithe, who is to be called the thief or criminal? The man, the church ("herein called the business"wink?

Ask them o!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2011
Cheer leader for the false prophets has arrived and his members are rallying round, grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 2:47pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

@TONYE-t

Let me tell you why the PhD matters on this thread.

We are being asked to "respect" a person.

If the person is the type to buy a "PhD", is that a person to respect?

Will you respect a person who buys his way through university instead of working hard and properly for his/her degree?

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 2:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
mabell:

Ask them o!

It is not only the guy who steals it that is a criminal; the person/organisation who receives the stolen money/goods knowingly is also a criminal! It is made worse when the receiver is told and knows that the money/property is stolen and then still refuses to return it!

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

It is not only the guy who steals it that is a criminal; the person/organisation who receives the stolen money/goods knowingly is also a criminal! It is made worse when the receiver is told and knows that the money/property is stolen and then still refuses to return it!

cool

Wait o! When your client pays you money and you win his case
Peradventure, you later realize that he is fraudulent, will you return the money back to him?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

See your life outside!  grin

When your ignorance is exposed, you start to look for straws to clutch at. Shebi, you were asking what the Criminal Code says about the "church"? Now my examples, even without explanation, show that you and your supporter are both talking nonsense.

Your "church" and your boss should know better to be receiving stolen money and stolen goods; what is more when you then KNOW because it is pointed out to you, the proper thing is to return the stolen money/property! But you worshippers of mammon are too greedy to do the decent thing.

By the way, also ask Ashimolowo if it is possible under the law for a church pastor to be regarded as misappropriating church funds. See, you can deceive your followers about what the Criminal code says or doesn't say --- but when you try it in a place like this, you will soon be exposed for both your ignorance and fraud.

cool

Oh com'on stop with the dilly dallying. How would they know the money was stolen before the time it was given as offering ehn?

Ok you said, " now they've known you believe they should have returned it" ok let me ask you

Enigma, If CEC on getting to know the money was stolen still refuses to return it, is it or should it be called "a crime"?

I say this with reference to the US provisions for criminal sanction.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
mabell:

Wait o! When your client pays you money and you win his case
Peradventure, you later realize that he is fraudulent, will you return the money back to him?

Ah, so you agree that your "church", Chris Embassy, is a business collecting fees/money from its 'clients'!

OK, then. smiley

PS even Obama had more sense (or more "Holy Spirit"wink to order the return of 'improper' funds contributed for his campaign.

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

cool

Another weak assertion.

KICC (Ashimolowo's church) registered with the British royal council as a "CHARITY ORGANISATION" and the provisions herewith limits or better still monitors the sources of the funds his "charity organisation' receives.

CEC(Chris' church) registered with the Nigerian system as a "RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION" and the provisions herewith gives the absolute the ability to receive and manage funds by itself.

Now why relating KICC's stance with CEC's?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Ah, so you agree that your "church", Chris Embassy, is a business collecting fees/money from its 'clients'!

OK, then.  smiley

PS even Obama had more sense (or more "Holy Spirit"wink to order the return of 'improper' funds contributed for his campaign.

cool

My guy lets stop deceiving ourselves, every church recognized (registered under the corporate affairs commission) is considered a RELIGIOUS BUSINESS making it a 'business collecting moneys and fees from its clients (members).

Every church is a business whichever way we look at it
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Barrrich: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma,

I have looked at the sections of the provisions of the criminal code you are quoting to establish stealing against Pastor Chris and the church. And it seems the only way to enlighten you on this is with regards to the law of the land.
First of all I think I need to enlighten you on the procedure in criminal litigation.
Where there is an offence of theft against a person, the matter is reported to the police and the police carry out their investigations.
After investigating and taking the statements of all persons concerned, they prepare their report on the matter and send it to the DPP, i.e, Director of Public Prosecution, who will give them advice on the section(s) of the criminal code to charge the offender, if there is any offence.
The police will, based on the advice, charge the matter to court for prosecution and the court will decide based on evidence available to it, and rule whether the offender is guilty or not. If guilty, then you can call him a thief.
In the present case which you are prosecuting on this platform, you happen to be the complainant, prosecutor and the court. Legally speaking, what you are doing on this platform is not a good thing because an action can lie against you in a court.
This is not a court where someone is prosecuted and charged but that is what you are doing.
If the matter had gone through the procedure enumerated above for you, you will see that the matter was not carried further because there was no legally triable issue.
I really don't know if you are a lawyer, because if you were, I will say that you're not a fit and proper person to be called to the Nigerian bar. Thank you
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
^^ Look, when did you qualify as a lawyer?

Have you heard of 'receiving stolen goods'?

They did not teach you the distinction between that and Stealing (or Theft as we used to call it)?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
Barr rich:

Enigma,

I have looked at the sections of the provisions of the criminal code you are quoting to establish stealing against Pastor Chris and the church. And it seems the only way to enlighten you on this is with regards to the law of the land.
First of all I think I need to enlighten you on the procedure in criminal litigation.
Where there is an offence of theft against a person, the matter is reported to the police and the police carry out their investigations.
After investigating and taking the statements of all persons concerned, they prepare their report on the matter and send it to the DPP, i.e, Director of Public Prosecution, who will give them advice on the section(s) of the criminal code to charge the offender, if there is any offence.
The police will, based on the advice, charge the matter to court for prosecution and the court will decide based on evidence available to it, and rule whether the offender is guilty or not. If guilty, then you can call him a thief.
In the present case which you are prosecuting on this platform, you happen to be the complainant, prosecutor and the court. Legally speaking, what you are doing on this platform is not a good thing because an action can lie against you in a court.
This is not a court where someone is prosecuted and charged but that is what you are doing.
If the matter had gone through the procedure enumerated above for you, you will see that the matter was not carried further because there was no legally triable issue.
I really don't know if you are a lawyer, because if you were, I will say that you're not a fit and proper person to be called to the Nigerian bar. Thank you

God bless U Sir!

And LWKM on the last line boldened. . .  grin grin grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Sike(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2011
*Jogging by*
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by cold(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t:

I finally see why 'folly' will never be erased from the dictionary!. . .some folks are just the reason the word go. Going through the entire video, there was no where i saw any man beaten or harrased by security teams of Christ embassy.

For God's sake, whatever happened to humans and our common sense ehn.? you claim you have it but really dont. Let me ask you this questions and make sure you answer me!

[list]
[li]How on earth will you feel if some guy in the name of a journalist suddenly bump into your fenced compound and starts taking pictures of your house, this same guy came in not greeting or saying a word to anyone and then he goes to the backyard, to te front side and the rears just busy taking pictures, suddenly feel he has the audacity to go into your room and take pictures yet not talking or saying any word to you?[/li]

So going by your 'intelligent narrative,Seyi Rhodes lied just to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it?You got jokes mate.Anyways,like Albert Einstein once said; 'the important thing is not to stop questioning,curiosity has its own reasoning for existing'.You have stopped questioning and accepted everything as a given.Continue in your delusional defence of the indefensible.Like the Yorubas say;
"Olohun mase je ki eni ti ogo ogbon lailai, ki eni ti ogbon le ma ri nkan je" . Meaning; May the foolish ones never become wise otherwise the wise ones will die of hunger

So going by your 'intelligent' narrative,Seyi Rhodes lied just to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it?You got jokes mate.Anyways,like Albert Einstein said; 'The important thing is not to stop questioning.Curiosity has its own reason for existing'.You have stopped questioning and accepted everything as a given.Continue in your delusional defence of the indefensible.Like the Yorubas would say;
"Olohun mase je ki eni ti ogo ogbon lailai, ki eni ti ogbon le ma ri nkan je" . Meaning; May the foolish ones never become wise otherwise the wise ones will die of hunger

[li]Do you think Seyi Rhode's will do that were it Aso rock or any government house? A man just bumps straight into the privacy of an institution and starts taking pictures. . , gooooshhhh only a big fool will come and tell me what seyi did was right[/li]

[li]Do you think Seyi would have the infantry to do so in the holiest temple of buddha or any islamic establishment[/li]

[/list]

Christianity and its institutions seems about the most tolerant body ever to allow every diiike shun and harry to evade decency. . . nonsense! angry angry angry

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by cold(m): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
Why is the spambot messing up my post.Let me try this again

Tonye-t:

[list]

[/list]

So going by your 'intelligent' narrative,Seyi Rhodes lied just to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it?You got jokes mate.Anyways,like Albert Einstein said; 'The important thing is not to stop questioning.Curiosity has its own reason for existing'.You have stopped questioning and accepted everything as a given.Continue in your delusional defence of the indefensible.Like the Yorubas would say;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Groups Of People Bound For Hell / Love Or Submission....which Should Come First In Marriage? / Late Pastor TB Joshua To Be Buried On July 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.