Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,732 members, 7,975,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 01:04 PM

The Book Of Remembrance I - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Remembrance I (156 Views)

Oh Lord Open Your Book Of Remembrance And Remember Me For Good / The Book Of Remembrance / Time Of Remembrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Book Of Remembrance I by kpakpandoN(m): 6:16am On Jan 16
I prophesy to you today that as you read this, a pleasant book of remembrance will be opened in your favour, in Jesus’ name. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, the word remember means to be able to bring back a piece of information into your mind or to keep a piece of information in your memory. In Genesis 8:1, the Bible says that God remembered Noah. Ordinarily, one cannot imagine that God can be forgetful and not remember the family He put in an ark. Thus, when the Bible said that God remembered Noah, it could only mean that God was now paying attention to Noah’s situation. The same thing applied to Rachel in Genesis 30:22-23 where the Bible says:

And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and open her womb. And she conceived, and bare a son; and said God hath taken away my reproach:

The above scripture reveals another meaning of remembrance: the taking away of reproach by a higher power. When God remembers a barren woman, she conceives and becomes a mother of children, like in the case of Hannah in (1 Samuel 1:1-28). She had been constantly provoked and humiliated by her rival because of her barrenness, and it seemed like her case was hopeless. However, God remembered her and intervened in her situation when she cried out to Him in Shiloh. When she returned to Shiloh, she was carrying her testimony in her hands.

In Esther 6:1-11, God intervened in the case of Mordecai against his adversary, Haman. Mordecai and his niece, Esther, prayed, and there was a breakthrough. The king was unable to sleep, and he commanded that the record books be read to him. While this was being done, the good deed of Mordecai that had been forgotten was brought to remembrance. That could only have been God. Nehemiah understood the things that can happen when God remembers a fellow, and that was why he prayed that prayer in Nehemiah 13:14.

Beloved, I encourage you to ask that the Almighty God should open a book of pleasant remembrance for you this year. I join my faith with yours, and I pray that He will remember you for good all through this new year and beyond, in Jesus’ mighty name.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Full Scale Massacre Ongoing In Mangu Now!! / If A 666 Mark Was Demanded Tomorrow For Highly Subsidized Or Free Food? / Why Doesn’t God Heal Everyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.