Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,953 members, 7,973,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 01:03 PM

Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol (10826 Views)

Express / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / When You Ask A Nigerian Gal For Unclad Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Goldieluks: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
I totally disagree with the OP's statement. Some girls only refer to their sugar daddy and cash spoilers as 'MUGU'.
They usually appreciate the good guy. Get your facts right!
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Sijo01(f): 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

Both. A guy could be a mugu to one girl and a caring one to another girl, it all depends on how the girl sees it, she may think that a guy is giving her stuff cos of her looks or her charm is working on the guy while another girl will see it as caring and generous.

U cant b both! undecided undecided
any gurl dat calls u (justwise) is a mumuology
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

Well. . . in Nigeria, buying ''gifts and giving money'' is a core part of rela/ship, you show how much you love her by action (gift/money) i must point out here that its not all Nigerian girls that does this.

If you are not a ''giver' then u don't stand a chance.

Not nigeria only. Its done all over the world and its very okay. What I understand you to mean is, that very kind act of buying gifts is depicted as foolishness.
Now my guess is it would only be called foolishness if you are using the money or gifts to buy her love. She can sniff a mumu.
If you win her with your mind and then accompany that with gifts/treats am sure she wouldn't call you mumu.
A mumu guy has nothing else to offer in terms of care except buy stuff.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
Sijo01:

U cant b both! undecided undecided
any gurl dat calls u (justwise) is a mumuology

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by slimyem: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2011
Plutarch:

A caring guy is a mugu to a lady that does not really love him.
exactly!and he's just a caring guy to one that does love him.
freecocoa:

The truth of the matter is that as regards love in general,everybody at one point or another plays the F O O L,there's no exception to the rule.

Person song am as sing sef.
yes o!
You cant be cautious all the time.you have to let your guards down at some point and play the fool if you want to really experience and give the beauty in love.

1 Like

Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

Not nigeria only. Its done all over the world and its very okay. What I understand you to mean is, that very kind act of buying gifts is depicted as foolishness.
Now my guess is it would only be called foolishness if you are using the money or gifts to buy her love. She can sniff a mumu.
If you win her with your mind and then accompany that with gifts/treats am sure she wouldn't call you mumu.
A mumu guy has nothing else to offer in terms of care except buy stuff.

That is supposed to be the case in real world but unfortunately 8 out of 10 cases doesn't work that way.

No matter how much you claimed to love her by word of mouth its all crap until the goodies start flowing, then that is love in action. grin
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by MrsChima1(f): 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2011
Let keep it real folks. 

Gifts/money in exchange for relationship title and companionship is prostitution.  If you have to exchange gifts and money to keep your girl/man then it is what it is. 

Caring has nothing to do with buying something for someone it is about giving a bleep about your friends, families, and mate.  If a person is foolish it is because they are in denial of reality and want to continue being foolish "hoping" it will become what they wish to happen.

Foolish is the correct word not caring.   www.dictionary.com.  Use it.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by cantell(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Let keep it real folks. 

Gifts/money in exchange for relationship title companionship is prostitution.  If you have to exchange gifts and money to keep your girl/man then it is what it is. 

Caring has nothing to do with buying something for someone it is about giving a bleep about your friends, families, and mate.  If a person is foolish it is because they are in denial of reality and want to continue being foolish "hoping" it will become what they wish to happen.

Foolish is the correct word not caring.   www.dictionary.com.  Use it. 
Lmao @ the bolded.
If medals were handed out to cool posts like this, you'll probably have one around your neck.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

That is supposed to be the case in real world but unfortunately 8 out of 10 cases doesn't work that way.

No matter how much you claimed to love her by word of mouth its all crap until the goodies start flowing, then that is love in action. grin

well said chima
dont miss the point. I said a smart guy wins a lady using his mind and not his wallet and vv. When you buy her goodies/treats thereafter you are not buying her love but nourishing what you already got. Am sure there are several of such gals in nigeria.

A foolish guy will buy spend money to win a gal. Now whatever he does for her therafter is not nourishment but survival to keep it afloat.
Its called barter trade.Money in *love* out.

question really is what does caring guy mean?? spending?
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by MrsChima1(f): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

A foolish guy will buy spend money to win a gal. Now whatever he does for her therafter is not nourishment but survival to keep it afloat.
Its called barter trade.Money in *love* out.

More like when Joystick goes in the hole and baby comes out the hole huh?   I know twisted analysis but you get my gist.   tongue grin
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

well said chima

dont miss the point. I said a smart guy wins a lady using his mind and not his wallet and vv. When you buy her goodies/treats thereafter you are not buying her love but nourishing what you already got. Am sure there are several of such gals in nigeria.

A foolish guy will buy spend money to win a gal. The mumu gal will fall for that of course. Now whatever he does for her is not nourishment but survival. Its called barter trade.Money in *love* out.

Questn really is what does caring guy mean? spending undecided
Yes i agree with u but i'm basically saying that  in Nigeria sometimes, the opposite is the case. Even if you are smart enough to win her mind without the ''goodies'', it will not last until you cement it with goodies, buying the recharge cards, money to get her hair done, BBs. . . ., this is the value system, if you don't give (with love or out of foolishness) you will be dumped like hot potatoes cos there are ''foolish'' guys out there who are ready to do that.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 7:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
chima,that your mind is just something else.  grin
justwise:

Yes i agree with u but i'm basically saying that  in Nigeria sometimes, the opposite is the case. Even if you are smart enough to win her mind without the ''goodies'', it will not last until you cement it with goodies, buying the recharge cards, money to get her hair done, BBs. . . ., this is the value system, if you don't give (with love or out of foolishness) you will be dumped like hot potatoes cos there are ''foolish'' guys out there who are ready to do that.

That cementing is what I call nourishment and its supposed to be a symbiotic kind of relationship not parasitical one or else one dies in the process.
Everybody even william and kate treated each other even though not with bb,weaves or cards.
But you,as well as I know that the treats are a way of getting to know each other better and build a strong relationship.
If it all ends in bed or at the burger place everytime u meet with nothing solid then I call it barter.
Now ask yourself what happens if at one time things go haywire for you and you are not able to buy the goodies? If the goodies were the cement it goes down the drain. But if true love and other valuable qualities were cement it holds.You will not enjoy the luxuries but it will hold.
a malnourished relationship you may choose to call it since you say it's a value system.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

chima,that your mind is just something else.  grin
That cementing is what I call nourishment and its supposed to be a symbiotic kind of relationship not parasitical one or else one dies in the process.
Everybody even william and kate treated each other even though not with bb,weaves or cards.
But you,as well as I know that the treats are a way of getting to know each other better and build a strong relationship.
If it all ends in bed or at the burger place everytime u meet with nothing solid then I call it barter.
Now ask yourself what happens if at one time things go haywire for you and you are not able to buy the goodies? If the goodies were the cement it goes down the drain. But if true love and other valuable qualities were cement it holds.You will not enjoy the luxuries but it will hold.
a malnourished relationship you may choose to call it since you say it's a value system.

The picture you painted works in real world, where people love you for who you are and not for what you have, very few girls will stick with a guy who is not financially ''useful'' to her any more after getting used to receiving. She may try for some months but when her friends get new gadget, new hair-do, going out for dinner and her boyfriend couldn't afford those again then it will not be long before her body-language start changing forwards the boyfriend, they argue about every silly things, cracks start appearing in the rela/ship. her ''friends'' will advice her to dump the boyfriend for somebody who ''value'' her more.
You could count with ur fingers the number of girls who will stick with a broke-[i]ar[/i]se guy long enough without doing a runner.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

The picture you painted works in real world, where people love you for who you are and not for what you have, very few girls will stick with a guy who is not financially ''useful'' to her any more after getting used to receiving. She may try for some months but when her friends get new gadget, new hair-do, going out for dinner and her boyfriend couldn't afford those again then it will not be long before her body-language start changing forwards the boyfriend, they argue about every silly things, cracks start appearing in the rela/ship. her ''friends'' will advice her to dump the boyfriend for somebody who ''value'' her more.
You could count with your fingers the number of girls who will stick with a broke-[i]ar[/i]se guy long enough without doing a runner.

yeah few I agree.But the bolded to me describes a very immature/insecure girl. One with teenage tendencies who is still influenced by friends and people's opinions.
Whatever the case,no relationship is forced, its a matter of choice.You choose your kind and deal with it.
It's just wrong to blame the world for one's own choices.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

yeah few I agree.But the bolded to me describes a very immature/insecure girl. One with teenage tendencies who is still influenced by friends and people's opinions.
Whatever the case,no relationship is forced, its a matter of choice.You choose your kind and deal with it.
It's just wrong to blame the world for one's own choices.

No matter your age or class you will be influenced by either friends or the society, you will be an odd number if you choose to go ''solo'' or be island of your own, you can't carry on being the only g-a-y in the village for a long time.
Everybody would love to have the type of the rela/ship you described but the truth is that they are very rare to come by.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
[size=14pt]How many Nigerian Girls? What is the meaning of caring? Is caring the same thing as spending? So if my spending money on a girl without caring heck about her means i'm not mugu?. . . It's time for some people to crawl out of the caves. These senseless stereotypical generalizations, is becoming a bore. . . [/size]
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

No matter your age or class you will be influenced by either friends or the society, you will be an odd number if you choose to go ''solo'' or be island of your own, you can't carry on being the only g-a-y in the village for a long time.
Everybody would love to have the type of the rela/ship you described but the truth is that they are very rare to come by.

lol @ the only man-lover in town.
Positive influence I hope that is what you mean.Its got to be positive to influence me. And Its still up to me to decide how far it will influence me.
Things are not forced on us. We embrace and adopt them and make them our lifestyle. A lot depends on your persona,beliefs etc.
No man is an island and no man is a tazmanian devil as well. you choose what you want into ur life.good or bad.You decide.
So for me to make decisions based on my friends opinions and lifestyle is pretty childish.Its simply bringing weeds into my island.
we be friends but I decide what is best and works for me.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2011
op na true ooo.for a naija girl dictionary if u are caring and u take care of her needs then u be mugu or maga.This is why when dating a naija babe u need to be sharp and do away with tht type of love wey rose and jack exhibit for titanic grin
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

lol @ the only man-lover in town.
Positive influence I hope that is what you mean.Its got to be positive to influence me. And Its still up to me to decide how far it will influence me.
Things are not forced on us. We embrace and adopt them and make them our lifestyle. A lot depends on your persona,beliefs etc.
No man is an island and no man is a tazmanian devil as well. you choose what you want into your life.good or bad.You decide.
So for me to make decisions based on my friends opinions and lifestyle is pretty childish.Its simply bringing weeds into my island.
we be friends but I decide what is best and works for me.

Probably the only girl/woman in the ''village'' grin grin, . . . . sometimes what you see as positive influence could affect another person negatively. It takes a very grounded girl to remain loyal when the going gets tough.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2011
justwise:

Probably the only girl/woman in the ''village'' grin grin, . . . . sometimes what you see as positive influence could affect another person negatively. It takes a very grounded girl to remain loyal when the going gets tough.

yep yep.one man's poison, meat.but at least u agree that its all about choices. Dont want to push that positive and negative influence further.
Fact is there's is always that grounded loyal nigerian girl whom the likes of the guy above you refuse to see yet they are all over the place.
cheers
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

yep yep.one man's poison, meat.but at least u agree that its all about choices. Dont want to push that positive and negative influence further.
Fact is there's is always that grounded loyal nigerian girl whom the likes of the guy above you refuse to see yet they are all over the place.
cheers

I'm tempted to agree with you. grin grin
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by pendo89(f): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2011
cool amen
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by justwise(m): 10:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
pendo89:

cool amen

grin grin grin
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by larikky: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2011
[url][/url]
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
Since I have 2 options, I have to say True
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by xpagnol: 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
@poster,
I think u are in the same mess as i am now that made u ask this question. bcus am into one of them now who has turned me into her recharging machine just becus i told her am admiring her alot, thats every nigerian girls mentality, but she doest know that i worth more than those cards so she is missing alot i guess,
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
justwise:

Na lie! They no dey anywhere. Without spending u won't even see any good or bad gurl. You must be turned mugu before you see anything pussssy or relationship. They are all poor!
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Orton10(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2011
Their loss not mine.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by aribisala0(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2011
na monkey and monkey dey jump togeda.
if you got a good well paying job don't date any girls without the same otherwise she go just dey invoice you every month
interview them well and run from broke kerosine using girls.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by cantell(m): 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2011
pendo89:

cheers

*scoffs @ the bolded comment* yeah right, she probably lives in the moon.
You're fightin for a lost cause.
One out of a million is still close to nothing.
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by Flygeriana(m): 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2011
Girls are the problem.

When caring for them, they take/see u as mugu.

But, when u refuse givin them, they see u as a stingy person. Just tayad of most naija babes!
Re: Definition Of A Caring Guy To A Nigerian Gal Is Mugu. Lol by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2011
so "caring" means munificence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genesis Fast Food I Went To Had Their Sales Girls Dressing Half Naked (pictures) / This Is What Happens Biologically When A Man Gets Stuck During Sex. / Zodwa Wabantu Breaks Internet With N8kked Photos [ALL PHOTOS HERE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.