Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,070 members, 7,931,685 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:45 AM

Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate (5078 Views)

Android Code Competition For Nigerian Developers - The result is out / A Thread For Nigerian Cloud Engineers - Prospective And Practising / Creating A Future For Nigerian Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 11:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
@toluxal. please give me names of some of these fora, if you have them.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by unclenna(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2011
am on way to vote this fellow great futo mind and I must upload it in my facebook page. grin
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by unclenna(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2011
did as i promised
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by kukus01(m): 9:50am On Nov 09, 2011
Tryxo:

@toluxal. it only permits one "Like" per google account.
I thank you all for Liking and sharing my entry.
hey tryxo did you do internship at DBI before?
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2011
@toluxal. Thanks, I'll to as many of them as I can.
@unclenna. Greatest FUTOite! Thank you for your support.
@kukus01. yeah! I worked at DBI last year for 3 months. Where you there too?
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2011
Hi Tryxo.

I wish you the best. I was looking through your previous posts in order to extract your e-mail address for further offline communications. I came across something which honestly confused me. The two posts (in bold letters), were posted within 2 weeks of each other.

Could you kindly expatiate on your true status, whether you're still a student at Futo or a graduate. Your clarification will help me know what further action to take. Thanks

Tryxo:

Hi Seun, I have a special request to make.
[b]I am a final year student [/b]of Electronics and computer engineering at the Federal Univeristy of Technology, Owerri. Currently i do only .NET programming that's why I am not able to apply for your python contest.

My request is this, i applied for a young innovator competition organised by an international body CRDF for Asia, middle east and Africa. The name of the competition is Global Innovation Through Science and Technology (GISTech). Contestants are to create a 2minute video presentation of how they can solve a world problem using Sci and Tech.

My idea is geared towards reducing infant mortality in developing countries. The App i propose(i-Solutions), detects pathologies in newly born babies from the cry sound they produce using neural networks.

Next thing is that all competition entries (videos) are to be voted for by public on you tube and only those with the highest votes qualify to the next round.

Please Seun, I am asking that you watch my pitch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRE0bgAvP_o and if you find it worthy (which i believe you will), please put it on the nairaland home page so that my fellow Nigerians can vote for me to increase my chances of making my country proud.

Please I really need this opportunity to make my idea a reality. I have followed nairaland posts for about a year now and you seem to me like a person who is concerned about helping the Nigerian Youth (and i am not saying this to flatter you).

Please just give me this one chance and watch my video.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tryxo:

Someone who understands how the PhD program works, especially in the United States should please enlighten me, i have been successfully confused with the things i read. I just completed my  undergraduate study in Nigeria and am looking to further in the US.
Clearly doing PhD is different from doing a First Degree right from the manner of application to the program's modus operandi.
I'd really appreciate an answer that is informative. Thanks in advance.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2011
Hi Kiki, well u can say i am somewhere between the lines. I completed my project work and defence last month, which is essentially my last academic commitment towards a 1st degree. We are yet to convocate and even see our final results, so in essence also, we've not graduated.
But I applied for this competition a few months back, as a 500level(final year) student, ofcourse.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by toluxa1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
I don't think you needed to explain sef. It was very clear to me after seeing the two posts.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^^^^That it was clear to you does not mean nobody else should ask for clarification in case of misunderstanding.

At OP, could you send your e-mail address to me. My address is on my profile. I actually want to forward it to someone else. Hope you don't mind.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2011
@toluxal. Yeah, true. Some people would have inferred correctly. But, not all, i guess.
@kiki. please no fighting on the thread, lol. Check your mail also.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
Fighting? Me? shocked shocked shocked

Not my style at all. Please check through all my posts. If I remember correctly, I only requested for clarification on something which confused me. Then he came on to declare that he saw no reason for you to respond to my inquiries, (or, at least, that was how it sounded like to me). Perhaps, I misread his intention.

Anyways, no qualms. I got your e-mail. Will fwd it accordingly. All the best
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by toluxa1(m): 12:24am On Nov 10, 2011
Oh dear, am sorry if it sounded hash. I definitely didn't mean it that way. Read through again myself and notice I put it the wrong way. Ma binu (not sure whether or not u will get that . . . lol).
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2011
It's ok. Have a great day. Cheers!
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hello guyz, I really appreciate your efforts so far. Frankly Its been incredible.
But voting is still on, so please watch my video and vote (by clicking on 'Like') if you have not yet done so. You can also share the link on your social networks.
Here is it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRE0bgAvP_o.
Thanks.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Slyr0x: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
I just voted smiley
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 2:58am On Nov 13, 2011
^^^ Thanks man!
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2011
How many votes have u got @tryxo
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2011
you'll see it as the number of 'Likes' beneath the video; it's 170 likes presently.
I still need more votes so I'm trying to find more options.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2011
Hi Guys!
Voting ends tomorrow. So if you've not done so yet, please now is the time. click on the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRE0bgAvP_o to access the video page, then click on "Like" to vote.
Support a brother!
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Slyr0x: 4:49am On Nov 17, 2011
Try to tweet at Naija Celebs on twitter and ask them to Pls RT. .Eldeethadon, Gbengasesan, Ged, Tweetoracle, Omojuwa, Possicon etc
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by bakenda(m): 5:58am On Nov 17, 2011
Na wa o. So to get 1k votes is this difficult.
I'll also suggest, you get 20(or 50) of your fb friends
to each get at least 50(or 20) of their own(non-intersecting)
friends to vote - let them committ to it-ASAP!
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Tryxo(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2011
Hi guyz, thanks for your support; it was amazing.
The finalists have been selected. I wasn't.
But am not deterred.
Thanks again.
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Slyr0x: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2011
sad
Re: Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2011
This should ave been on the frontpage. Sorry about that, i voted sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Place To Undergo IT As A Computer Science Student / One Of The Best Languages For Beginners In Programming / How Did You Learn Javascript?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.