Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,077 members, 7,883,749 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 03:33 PM

Graduate Trainee Program As An Accounting Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Graduate Trainee Program As An Accounting Graduate (144 Views)

2022 Huawei Nigeria Graduate Trainee Program : Aptitude Test / Working As A Teller In A Bank And Working In An Accounting/audting Firm / Female Muslim Trainee Lawyer Is Ejected From Court Over Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Program As An Accounting Graduate by Thsivfuvxxhjtc: 5:11pm On Jan 29
Hello I wanted to clarify some information I saw

I just graduated from school and about to do my ican my plans is after that or while doing my ican I will apply for a graduate trainee program in a bank hopefully to land an accounting role in there or a role similar to it

But recently someone told me that my degree and knowledge on accounting doesn't matter

I wanted to know if I am going to be given a role that does not have anything to do with accounting or anything similar

All am asking is does my accounting degree matter in graduate trainee program in a bank

1 Like

Re: Graduate Trainee Program As An Accounting Graduate by Lovethy55(f): 12:00pm On Jan 30
Thsivfuvxxhjtc:
Hello I wanted to clarify some information I saw

I just graduated from school and about to do my ican my plans is after that or while doing my ican I will apply for a graduate trainee program in a bank hopefully to land an accounting role in there or a role similar to it

But recently someone told me that my degree and knowledge on accounting doesn't matter

I wanted to know if I am going to be given a role that does not have anything to do with accounting or anything similar

All am asking is does my accounting degree matter in graduate trainee program in a bank
I'm also an accounting graduate and also about to go for Access Bank trainee program. In fact, nobody really cares about your accounting degree there because there are a lot of graduates that did not graduate with accounting or banking and are still working in account department and other departments in the bank. This is because the bank will train all of you equally so you will be at the same starting point.

I'll advice you to start applying for different graduate trainee programs now so you will get familiar with their test methods. And you might even get lucky to make it to the final stage.

Also, I also heard that (for Access Bank oo) you don't get to choose what department you go to except if you are among the top 3(I think) graduates in training school.
Re: Graduate Trainee Program As An Accounting Graduate by Thsivfuvxxhjtc: 8:20pm On Jan 30
Lovethy55:
I'm also an accounting graduate and also about to go for Access Bank trainee program. In fact, nobody really cares about your accounting degree there because there are a lot of graduates that did not graduate with accounting or banking and are still working in account department and other departments in the bank. This is because the bank will train all of you equally so you will be at the same starting point.

I'll advice you to start applying for different graduate trainee programs now so you will get familiar with their test methods. And you might even get lucky to make it to the final stage.

Also, I also heard that (for Access Bank oo) you don't get to choose what department you go to except if you are among the top 3(I think) graduates in training school.

Thank you and good luck

(1) (Reply)

Learn Forex Trading, It Is Also A Skill. / Entrepreneur Trains 30 Youths On Glass Recycling In Lagos / A List Of 100 Active Nigerian Lawyers (barristers And Solicitors) From Ibusa In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.