Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,184 members, 7,903,918 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

hh - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / hh (11326 Views)

hh / hh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: hh by aribisala0(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I was not patronizing you. The fact that you questioned the statement I made on Zoning, made it all but too clear that you have not done your research since this was a hot issue for almost a year running on to the election.

Attacking my person ain't gonna remove from the fact that many of the claims you make have not been established in any of the reports we have on these issues to date. I don't need to think myself smart  . . . . I simply responded to your questions/claims and if you think you need to attack me in order to make your point, then I suggest you understand that I am not your problem.
you are omniscient??please be quiet
research according to your taste buds?
many of my claims?? what claims ?
do you draw your responses from a pre-prepared menu??
i am not making any claims NONE
just pointing out that there are different possible explanations of the facts as we know them and there is no basis for the kind of categoricalness you wish to prevail

you are the final arbiter on who has done research.
the point is i disagreed with you .you are not god so quit talking down at people or arrogating some higher intellectual ground to yourself.
we are talking about social issues on which there are hundreds of opinions.
i do not accept your opinion[b] that violence occurred because of the PDP zoning affair[/b] and you conclude i have NOT DONE RESEARCH
if i do research i MUST DRAW THE SAME CONCLUSIONS as you.
i attacked your rudeness your very first response was to throw the F word at me. why? please go and learn some manners
Re: hh by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
publisher:

You know,if Buhari was a member of the PDP,then this US group's analysis would have made more sense. They can then argue that the zoning isssue affected Buhari directly,thus his supporters (Boko haram) went haywire making Nigeria ungovernable.

PDP initiated the zoning formular,same PDP jettisoned the zoning formular and opted for GEJ. GEJ won in south-south,south East,south west and the bulk of the middle belt. That's already 70% of Nigeria. If the remaining aggrieved 30% have opted for Boko haram solution,lets see how they'll smell the presidency in 2015. The old hausa ruling cabal just need to come to terms with the fact that Nigeria's power structure has been diluted amongst all its ethnic groups,no ethnic group has monopoly over power or violence(thanks to Obj). And the sad fact is that 70% of BH's victims till date have been muslim northerners.

The middle belt has totally divorced itself from the Hausa/Fulani cabal and Jos is paying the price for it. However,if they've not conquered Plateau state by now,certainly they can never conquer the rest of Nigeria.
As it were,i doubt if any Hausa man will ever win any free and fair election in Nigeria,without some major compromises.

For someone as favoured as GEJ ,dont be surprised if all this Boko Haram crisis ends up favouring GEJ on the long run. Dont ask me how tongue[/size]

Could we please get away from the irrational IF statements and focus on REALITY please? You kill whatever else you have to say when you inject those. By your suggestion there we could blame about 8 other candidates on the ballot this past April for the violence in the country since according to you, they must all have been most affected by Jonathan going against the Zoning agreement which his party lived on.
Re: hh by PointB: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2011
alj_harem:

abeg comot for here angry

if the same is done the other way around, u would start screaming like a puppy

Aboki, it looks like I am your worst nightmare; your nemesis!

But please face the topic, not me! I am just a poster, olodo!
Re: hh by OmoLisabi(m): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
PointB:

Aboki, it looks like I am your worst nightmare; your nemesis!

But please face the topic, not me! I am just a poster, olodo!
Stop using a Yoruba word without my permission
Re: hh by OmoLisabi(m): 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2011
Jonathan the Ediot
Re: hh by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2011
OmoLisabi:

Stop using a Yoruba word without my permission

OmoLisabi:

Jonathan the Ediot

Olodo Omo Yoruba, Egufee!!

Fashola the Monkey
Re: hh by jmaine: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
Hypocrites abound on this thread . . . .The zoning proponents on this thread would sing a new song if the reverse was the case against them . . . . All i see are people having the opportunity to mourn their preferred presidential candidate merited  loss at the poll . . . . GEJ mandate proves one thing . . . .The false Northern cabal believe of being the power broking authority in Nigeria has been smashed with every region having an equal say in the political direction of the country . . . .

GEJ would be there for the next four years and your wasteful songs of hate and gnashing of teeth over your candidates loss, especially that crying general wont remove him from power . . . . You can all have a heart attack on nairaland . . .but GEJ would still remain your president  . . and that is a fact . .so live with it . . . .
Re: hh by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Nov 09, 2011
When will people GET OVER their qualms with individuals and critically look at what has transpired in the last 18 months here? What exactly is wrong is what the US has stated here? I urge those who feel the information is wrong to SHOW it is(and please don't come up with the "Buhari did not win and so I make sense" jumble . . . it is OLD and imbecilic.
Re: hh by jmaine: 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2011
Buncha cynic hypocrites you all are
Re: hh by LloydAchi(m): 3:43am On Nov 10, 2011
Just reading through some posts here and I pity Nigerians, especially those in NL. This is exactly the position Adamu Ciroma and co wanted us to be not long ago. They threatened to turn this country upside down. . . and now, here we are cursing and abusing and hating everything about 9Ja and the poor President. Right where they want us to be because of their selfish ambitions. We are 160 million fools when we keep arguing and talking down on our country, young democracy and especially the president. Well, I will not fall for that. I am too educated, enlightened and much traveled to fall for this selfish Northern crap. Boko Haram is here and it will die just the way political sharia died. It doesn't matter how long it takes . . . there is always a night for each day. All I stand for is a corruption free country and basic life amenities which this government cannot give me nor any before it and any after it. That's my only pain. I cannot come here and start crying like a baby or defeated fool like a lot here. Hate the president or country if you like, but one thing I know is that CIROMA and CO will be defeated with their BH apologist and the blood of hundred spilled will hunt them for the rest of their God-forsaken life. Their cup will soon be full.
Re: hh by BetaThings: 3:56am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

Hypocrites abound on this thread . . . .The zoning proponents on this thread would sing a new song if the reverse was the case against them . . . . All i see are people having the opportunity to mourn their preferred presidential candidate merited  loss at the poll . . . . GEJ mandate proves one thing . . . .The false Northern cabal believe of being the power broking authority in Nigeria has been smashed with every region having an equal say in the political direction of the country . . . .

GEJ would be there for the next four years and your wasteful songs of hate and gnashing of teeth over your candidates loss, especially that crying general wont remove him from power . . . . You can all have a heart attack on nairaland . . .but GEJ would still remain your president  . . and that is a fact . .so live with it . . . .

So zoning is dead?
We don't have to make somebody from SE president in 2015?

Good, noted!
Re: hh by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Nov 10, 2011
rofl!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: hh by BetaThings: 3:59am On Nov 10, 2011
But

No outsider can stop an Igbo as President in 2015 –Ezeife

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-799188.0.html

So zoning is good?
Re: hh by steveregs1: 4:32am On Nov 10, 2011
I really don't think he's worth the trouble, Boko Haram. He's not even doing anything aside sleeping and waking up, and trying to inflict extreme pain on the common nigerian by removing fuel subsidy and introducing toll gates, and six-year tenure. See mediocrity in high places. embarassed shocked sad angry
Re: hh by BetaThings: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2011
stiyke:

Why did it take this US organisation so long to say this. And why did Obama congratulate GEJ on winning the election??

The TRUTH is that like you and I, GEJ has every right to be the president of this nation. Comming to think of it, aside Boko Haram, i dont think GEJ is doing bad, especially compared to the past ones, i think he is doing very OK.
The problem is that GEJ is trying to transform Nigerian Gov. to have a human face and deal humanely with issues, while detractors are trying to do the most inhumane act to delegit his government.

At least i for once am seeing a FG that shows more care for its citizens, with out much discrimination.
GEJ will succeed! The sooner you get it into your head the better.

GEJ took 3 executive jets and a contingent of some 120 people to (CHOGM meeting in Australia
GEJ govt keeps its recurrent spending at least 70%
Under GEJ legislators are planning to buy 360 new cars for legislators

He set up PAC who told him to reduce the size of govt. But GEJ said the constitution mandates him to appoint a minister from every state
To buttress that, he appointed 42 ministers (1 one from each state and 1 from each geo political zone)

We need to remove subsidy to pay for all these
In addition, GEJ has many advisers and he recently appointed 2 more about 2 weeks ago
Re: hh by jmaine: 8:08am On Nov 10, 2011
BetaThings:

So zoning is dead?
We don't have to make somebody from SE president in 2015?

Good, noted!

I don't have any business or interest in any Igbo presidential agenda . . . . let the preferred candidate carry the day . . .
Re: hh by Gbawe: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2011
@steveregs:

I really don't think he's worth the trouble, Boko Haram. He's not even doing anything aside sleeping and waking up, and trying to inflict extreme pain on the common nigerian by removing fuel subsidy and introducing toll gates, and six-year tenure. See mediocrity in high places. embarassed shocked sad angry

One of the best posts here. If zoning , in the nest of killers PDP ,was going to be truncated for a true lionheart, warrior and supreme leader of men , ala Winston Churchill et al, or genuinely transformational President , like Lula of Brazil, then it may have made sense for Nigerians to take a leap of faith knowing that GEJ would be with them in the trenches and fight for them.

What happened was that Nigerians just voted out of ethnic and religious sentiments without at all inspecting the record and CV of GEJ that would have shown them that history bears out the fact that the man is not a particularly good leader , individual of conviction, or different in ideology to those who have ruined Nigeria. I keep repeating it that we are a nation of wierd thinkers. GEJ is a piss-poor administrator with a mediocre history while many others he contested against, love or hate them, stood out for being above average leaders with conviction.

Whether folks will admit it or not, this zoning thing may not be such a headache now if GEJ was a decent politicians who knows how to plan/strategise for the future and make allowance for plan B. Instead we gained a President who was only interested in getting to Aso Rock. When the problems many of us predicted would show up arrived, Mr. President simply appears lost and out of his league. He is indeed not "worth the trouble"
Re: hh by maclatunji: 8:30am On Nov 11, 2011
Gbawe:

One of the best posts here. If zoning , in the nest of killers PDP ,was going to be truncated for a true lionheart, warrior and supreme leader of men , ala Winston Churchill et al, or genuinely transformational President , like Lula of Brazil, then it may have made sense for Nigerians to take a leap of faith knowing that GEJ would be with them in the trenches and fight for them.

What happened was that Nigerians just voted out of ethnic and religious sentiments without at all inspecting the record and CV of GEJ that would have shown them that history bears out the fact that the man is not a particularly good leader , individual of conviction, or different in ideology to those who have ruined Nigeria. I keep repeating it that we are a nation of wierd thinkers. GEJ is a piss-poor administrator with a mediocre history while many others he contested against, love or hate them, stood out for being above average leaders with conviction.

Whether folks will admit it or not, this zoning thing may not be such a headache now if GEJ was a decent politicians who knows how to plan/strategise for the future and make allowance for plan B. Instead we gained a President who was only interested in getting to Aso Rock. When the problems many of us predicted would show up arrived, Mr. President simply appears lost and out of his league. He is indeed not "worth the trouble"

APPLAUSE!
Re: hh by Gbenge77(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2011
The zoning formula nefs to be abolished.Let the best man have the job
Re: hh by aribisala0(m): 11:11am On Nov 11, 2011
while it may be true that Jonathan appears out of his depth. he is not remarkable in this regard when compared to shagari, gowon, abdulsalam,obasanjo,umaru yar'adua IBB etc

it was not he who failed to invest in power,roads or rail. it was not he who put nigeria in a situation where we are importing petrol and diesel or who originated the crisis in JOS. it was not he who spent billions for nothing in pursuit of electricity

before i am misquoted i am not a fan of his but the fact that he is less noisy does not make him worse than the aforementioned.
we have had several bad leaders and jonathan is by no means the champion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ & Sambo To Spend N992.57M On Food Next Year / Court Reinstate Obio/akpor Council Chairman / Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.