Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,854 members, 7,949,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations (5889 Views)

How I Will Tackle Inflation, Naira, Forex Crises, By Cardoso / Breaking News!!! 2020 Budget Suffers Setback In Senate / Plot To Split APC Suffers Major Setback As Some Leaders Refuse To Join rAPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by berrystunn(m): 8:57am On Feb 20
Baba has nothing to offer, all they do is loot and then give hope to Mugus who still believes in this corrupt APC.
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by Honestey: 9:13am On Feb 20
koondog:
This government is so disorganized and inexperienced. This is why you don't effing float the naira. You passed a budget based on a dollar to 800 Naira. With Naira now floated, it has now lost its value to 1700 Naira to a dollar, that over 100% devaluation, meaning cost of goods have more than doubled or even trippled.

In practical terms, they will need to pass a supplemental budget almost the same amount as the previous, why? Naira has lost its value from 800 naira to 1700 naira to a dollar and other currencies. This is major blow to the government, now they will need to borrow another $billion to supplement. Keep in mind they borrowed most of the original budget.

He needs to fire that CBN governor, constitute a committee of the best of Nigerian economists and top bankers with people like Okonjo Iweala, Charles Soludo, Akinwumi, Olusegun Aganga, Sanusi, Elemulu, e.t.c. Aviod tribalism again, they will advise you truthfully on what to do and recommendation on 3 names to appoint as CBN governor.

I feel sorry for Tinubuu, the kind of stress he is under right now at his age, can induce alzheimer.
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by maasoap(m): 9:23am On Feb 20
No dem float the naira? You can't have it both ways grin grin grin
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by maasoap(m): 9:25am On Feb 20
MajorOvakporaye:
I noticed that many online miscreants supporting APC and the drug criminal, Tilumbu have gone into hiding. These days, they usually enter nairaland to read comments. Suffer go soon finish una. Fools.
But you and your fellow bitter losers are the ones crying and wailing most, everyday! grin grin grin
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by SSpeter(m): 9:29am On Feb 20
dettolgel:
If all the politicians in Nigeria decide that for the remaining months of 2024 they will only receive 35k as monthly salaries no additional benefits. They will not claim the vehicles that supposed to be giving to them this year. No travelling for the rest of the year. I can assure you that our budget will improve considerably.
then the economy will shrink, there will be massive unemployment, we will go into recession and a demand push inflation will arise

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by Brushstrokes20: 9:31am On Feb 20
The shyyythole🇳🇬 is sitting on a keg of gunpowder 💯
The bitter truth is that a lot of poliTHIEFcians need to REST IN PIECES for Nig to progress! 💯💯💯
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by maasoap(m): 9:33am On Feb 20
ambale:
I wonder how and why investors will even come into an economy in disarray

Protest could break out anytime and your investments attacked.

I thought you guys called him a master strategist and ordinary to stop the free fall of the Naira and keep it at 1500 at least he couldn't do that.

This man na full disgrace🤔
He has to reverse some of his administrations policies like floating of naira, ban of importation of some items, most especially food. Fuel subsidies removal is there too
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:51am On Feb 20
maasoap:

But you and your fellow bitter losers are the ones crying and wailing most, everyday! grin grin grin

Your papa and mama follow protest for ibadan yesterday ooo,
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by dettolgel: 11:53am On Feb 20
SSpeter:
then the economy will shrink, there will be massive unemployment, we will go into recession and a demand push inflation will arise

How will the economy shrink if the politicians take a pay cut and the savings used to fund sme's?

How will the economic shrink if we refused to import vehicle for politicians for one year? That will save us fx. If they were using locally produced cars then that would create a problem for the industry. How will the economic shrink if they refused to spent our fx on travelling for one year?

Maybe there is something I missed, unless there is a significant impact of this on the local economy that I missed?
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by SSpeter(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20
dettolgel:

How will the economy shrink if the politicians take a pay cut and the savings used to fund sme's?

How will the economic shrink if we refused to import vehicle for politicians for one year? That will save us fx. If they were using locally produced cars then that would create a problem for the industry. How will the economic shrink if they refused to spent our fx on travelling for one year?

Maybe there is something I missed, unless there is a significant impact of this on the local economy that I missed?
You stated that if we agree to a pay cut of 35k, you did not state cost savings as a means of further production process in your previous statement. Rather you were advocating for freeze in income to stem hyperinflation.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by tinmy2016: 1:17pm On Feb 20
You've turned to a comedian, your Tinubu has made you a comedian grin
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by dettolgel: 1:54pm On Feb 20
SSpeter:
You stated that if we agree to a pay cut of 35k, you did not state cost savings as a means of further production process in your previous statement. Rather you were advocating for freeze in income to stem hyperinflation.

I got your point, you are right I should have been clear enough.

I was only advocating pay cut for the politicians for 1 year with the intention that the savings will be channelled into productive ventures.
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by miky(m): 2:07pm On Feb 20
Nigeria is broke broke!!

Venezuela loading!
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by toujurs: 2:43pm On Feb 20
MajorOvakporaye:
I noticed that many online miscreants supporting APC and the drug criminal, Tilumbu have gone into hiding. These days, they usually enter nairaland to read comments. Suffer go soon finish una. Fools.
They have been cut off, payroll. Of 3500/4000/5000 per day. Their recruiter has been kicked out of his source of income.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by RepoMan007: 3:07pm On Feb 20
If those at FG level knows what is good and sensible to do, they better stop fake expenses, useless capital projects like new roads or structures. Existing ones should be maintained and only salary component of state allocation be released.
States are not contributing any significant revenue and FG needs revenue now.
Re: FOREX Crises: 2024 Budget Suffers Major Dislocations by botiwunoluwa120: 3:22pm On Feb 20
Hmm forex do that budget strong thing like banky Wellington 🙆🏽‍♂️Hmm forex do that budget strong thing like banky Wellington 🙆🏽‍♂️...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Delta Republic By NDA, A Joke Taken Too Far / "I Will Not Disappoint Ekiti People" — Fayemi / Tinubu In A Godfatherism Pose Making A Phone Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.