Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,709 members, 7,914,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:42 PM

Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? (12732 Views)

As A Jobless IT Guy, Should I Take Job In Sales Or Remain Jobless / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Jobless Lady Returns Money A Company Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Ekundayokan(m): 8:43am On Feb 21
post=128557859:

Lol šŸ˜,
Same thing we commented yesterday....
lol
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Ekundayokan(m): 8:44am On Feb 21
eazzzy1:
Unless you plan to lecture thereā€™s no need for the LLM. Itā€™s not likely to improve your prospects in the job market. Instead of paying tuition to keep yourself busy why not learn skills that can help you earn almost immediately? You can decide to pay for your LLM yourself.

Unless of course your parents arenā€™t burdened with the cost, then going back to school beats sitting idle.
lol
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:46am On Feb 21
Who will pay for the Masters Degree??
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by omolola12345(m): 9:48am On Feb 21
Going for masters to get lecturing job is good but you must be sure you know what you are doing in the profession and you can get PhD grade from your masters. Knowing what you are doing will help you in your researches, data analysis and other courses. It's a must you must get PhD grade from the masters degree if you want to lecture. Someone said you should marry don't mind the person that is not what is next for now. Then if you thoroughly think that it's weak second class upper divisions you had and you are not very good in practicing law. Go for productive business or learn digital skills.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by kennie2015(m): 11:16am On Feb 21
BucketMan:
Hello guys, please I need your advice. I'm currently in a dilemma on what to do with my life presently. I'm a lawyer called to the bar in December 2022. Afterwards I practiced in a law firm for 6 months before resigning due to the meagre salary and harsh work environment. I just couldn't keep up, Although I can confirm that legal practice was very terrific but it's something that you can only enjoy if you're well paid at the Law firm or company you work with to effectively maintain the standard expected from you.

I've been jobless for 8 months now as all the efforts I put into securing a job ended in futility. I'm thinking of going for my masters degree(LLM) instead of staying idle at home with my parents. I think by doing this I can keep myself busy and improve on my career academically while also trying to find a good job in today's Nigeria.

Serious advice needed please
You can venture into tech skills, Project Management etc. Be dynamic with your career
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by sulaak(m): 11:31am On Feb 21
You have a very poor approach to career development.

I wasn't paid for one year in my first year as an aerospace engineer; I worked for free during the day and in a shop during the weekends. I use my 1 years working experience, to get a low paying engineering job and started studying toward my professional exams and a post-graduate degree in engineering.

Afterwards I practised in a law firm for 6 months before resigning due to the meagre salary and harsh work environment

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by TruthsFM: 1:32pm On Feb 21
NPFLADMIN:

Open opay account. Transfer 2k dere. Then be getting rewards. On day 5, 10 and 20. They give free voucher. Meaning you'll buy more data with less money.

That's how I do things.

9ja don see us finish.
RN, I'm on 125 naira. Patiently waiting till it reaches 200.
Haa you funny no be small oooo
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Cchuks27(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21
Please how much were you paid?
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by porthouse7(f): 4:37pm On Feb 21
ecolime:
Masters degree

Sitting idle at home won't add any value to you.

Profitable business like what?
them no teach you how to make money in ur first degree ni
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Tohsynetita1: 8:38am On Feb 22
Even if you go do Masters and you didn't set your brain, you go still remain jobless.
Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Kingrshd3: 12:33pm On Feb 22
TheGift:

Mom
Itā€™s never too late for you to evolve and grow.

But as per your son, I agree . Apart from developing his academic/intellectual abilities , I also want to ensure my son has developed excellent skills in a creative, sports and/or vocational area before he is done with secondary school.

Thatā€™s why countries like Germany are still so relevant , their education covers both whitecollar and vocational education.

God bless you..

This is exactly what am trying to portray or explain in essence

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For A Masters Degree Or Remain Jobless At Home? by Kingrshd3: 12:37pm On Feb 22
PhilipReigns:

For those of you talking about business and skills, using the money for MS.c to start a business, you think it easier on that side? I have never submitted my CV to any company since 2017 I graduated. But You all really think that doing business in a volatile country like Nigeria is easy? Well, be my guest. because you just met a graduate who took d part of skill acquisition after nysc, hope you know how much it cost to rent an empty store in a fairly busy location, not talking about renting Inside a market? Let alone stocking it in this inflation driven period? I have been through it my friend, and still in it, some of my aunties still encourage me to keep searching for a gov job, although no regret so far, Sometimes when inflation is bitting hard, and customers who never moved pass elementary 5 starts to insult you over N1500 workmanship from a phone u fix for him more than 3 months earlier, you just cannot do anything order than to wish Nigeria was a better country. Before you say jack! It's time to renew store rent again. House rent is there also, waiting for renewal, aren't you going to feed? This kinda make me to start to respect most directors/CEOs/owners of companies. Please let's take a moment to appreciate employers of labour, it's really not easy for them. Your employer is a business man, be it a lawyer who owns a firm or a medical doctor who owns an hospital. What graduates care about is salary increment, how huge the salary offer is, not considering if the place you work is having a smooth business operations to sustain its existence. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

What an excellent contribution ā˜ŗļø

I really love this .

Let me just conclude that sometimes it depends on fate on whatever abilities you have to strive to make it ..

What path works for u to be successful might not be smooth for me to be successful in that same path/career/job

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Layoffs And Job Security Force Nigeriaā€™s Tech Workers To Traditional Industries / 6 Proven Ways To Negotiate A Higher Salary / My Story As A Physically Challenged Entrepreneur.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.